• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating the Treasures of Tokuno artifacts

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Taken from the 2019 Wish List thread:

The reason given for ToT not being turned back on was that "the rewards need updating." Which is true, most of them aren't worth even considering in a modern suit...though the mempo is still in demand.

There are problems simply with beefing up the rewards as well, mainly balance issues and the fear of adding to the inexorable power creep (though most of the items could probably be modernized without making them OP). The dyes on the other hand...ugh...they sell the big ones in the store, so we'll probably never be allowed to get them for "free." (And most of the small dyes were fuggles)

HERE is a list of ToT minors and majors. I suggest community members suggest updates to modernize these items so they will return to competitive desirability without making them must-haves.

Please try to keep them balanced...
I feel it is best to reintroduce the ToT items in whole w/ no changes to previous items. During the event I also feel it is best to remove the Tokuno associated pigments from the UO store.

Are these already existing items useful? To some, very much yes. Not making any changes to the previously released items allows valuable items to remain extant.

How to include and make the experience worthwhile to a broader number of players? The addition of a wider variety of items to the already existing items is a great way to attract a greater number of players to Tokuno: minor and greater artifacts as well as pigments should have their ranks revisited and supplemented by something in the ballpark of 4 to 6 new items each.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel it is best to reintroduce the ToT items in whole w/ no changes to previous items. During the event I also feel it is best to remove the Tokuno associated pigments from the UO store.

Are these already existing items useful? To some, very much yes. Not making any changes to the previously released items allows valuable items to remain extant.

How to include and make the experience worthwhile to a broader number of players? The addition of a wider variety of items to the already existing items is a great way to attract a greater number of players to Tokuno: minor and greater artifacts as well as pigments should have their ranks revisited and supplemented by something in the ballpark of 4 to 6 new items each.
The items exist! They are in peoples houses stored in a chest they forgot about. They are on vendors on Atlantic for cheap prices. I guess we will just do it to get the mempo and thats it.

We give new players better stuff than the ToT items.

3 Horselords >10 Tome for sale on Atlantic.

Last edited:

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't think most players realize just how tightly the price of items on VS aligns with their cleanup value. Tokuno dyes, for example, cost what they do because you get 100 pts per charge.

You need to dump 100 gold into the cleanup chest to get 1 cleanup point so 1 charge of a Tokuno dye is typically priced at 10k-100k. As a baseline I find that items on VS typically sell regularly at about 15% of the gold it would take to buy the points to get that item.

If ToT is turned back on you'll find a lot of players simply farming to trash the rewards for pts.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make a scrappers with +13 skill.
View attachment 91664

You really can not find a better book? I out grew that book last year.
You can put skills on Jewelry.

@Dot_Warner We gonna have ppl who think the crap is good redesigning the items to add to the crap collection.

I see players running around with sorcerers suits on. They prob think those a good.
Whew. How many scrapper's does it take to make an LRC/Magery? Based on prices on ATL I guess it isn't as bad as I think. Dreadhorn farming must still be going on strong, hehehe.

I'd say a good amount of people you see with sorcerer's suits on are probably x-shard characters, no?

You can still make double slayer bows. it has to be a regular bow though.
you could even reforge the bow to make it 100% elemental damage before imbuing slayers onto it.

View attachment 91787

This one was just a test to see if it was still possible.
Are these the old slayer bows? You'd think we would have run out of them by now, haha.

I liked ToT when it came out, but I am not sure why it would be appealing to anyone post-Imbuing. Shouldn't we generally be retiring those old systems to focus more so on imbuing improvements? Are we not tied exclusively to imbuing and store-bought 100% enhance at this point?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lord Frodo @Basara

Ok. I came up with a compromise:

Turn on Treasures of Tokuno with the drops at the same rate as before. Excluding the MoF. Make the majors and minors drop and be worth worth 1 point. Turn in 10 points and get a new item from the vendor.

Then we would get all the old items and also get new items.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too lazy to read this whole thing lol but making the artifacts where you can imbue them , adding properties maybe even just to 6 and adding weight 700ish would make them and a lot of other worthless artifacts worth getting. probably a lot easier on the devs rather than making all new items when we could basically make our own

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
to up date these items is a waste of devs time. we are powerful enough. the new loot is just so good. fix bugs, improve clients and stop the scripting/cheating/exploiting. if they wanted to turn on every 5 years, fine but don't bother to update, with some using many ej accounts/reg accounts, multi char use would just be exploited like it is now. just my opinion