• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating the Treasures of Tokuno artifacts

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taken from the 2019 Wish List thread:

The reason given for ToT not being turned back on was that "the rewards need updating." Which is true, most of them aren't worth even considering in a modern suit...though the mempo is still in demand.

There are problems simply with beefing up the rewards as well, mainly balance issues and the fear of adding to the inexorable power creep (though most of the items could probably be modernized without making them OP). The dyes on the other hand...ugh...they sell the big ones in the store, so we'll probably never be allowed to get them for "free." (And most of the small dyes were fuggles)

HERE is a list of ToT minors and majors. I suggest community members suggest updates to modernize these items so they will return to competitive desirability without making them must-haves.

Please try to keep them balanced...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please no. Both of those are crap. This is why we do not get good things. You can imbue better stuff and a scrappers can get 11 magery and 25 sdi.

The only close to a good weapon in a drop is this: But I can make this:
upload_2019-1-12_20-49-23.png upload_2019-1-12_20-50-19.png

They have not made any usable weapons in drop form for a long time.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Suggest improvement to the crap people! :cursing:

Consider the fact that these cannot be obtained in a sustainable supply in 2019, that 10 minors = 1 major and that that ToT isn't exactly newb friendly (since it was specifically designed to be gridy AF).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For "crap" it's amazing how my Tamer is STILL using the ToLK because he CANNOT find a better book for his needs. Pawain, you can't Imbue or reforge spellbooks.

The Tome is a good book for people who need magery, but AREN'T using Eval. Tamers are a good example (only need magery for travel, greater heals for self and pets, etc.) My Bard/Tamer currently has a 6x120 (taming/lore/vet/music/disco/provo)+100 Magery template with the book (45 of the magery is from equipment). The other option would be the one event spellbook from a halloween event, but I'd be risking double damage if fighting repond, since that book is effectively the ToLK with Undead Slayer instead of one of the other properties. And the +15 magery and the 15% LMC are perfect for his needs, when the scrappers' FC & FCR aren't (and you can only get up to +13 for bonus skills on crafted books).

The best way to refresh ToT would be to do the following:

Step 1: Do a new ToT event that drops the old minors (with some rearrangement as to what is a minor). If we can collect colored junk for Halloween events, collecting junk in a near-worthless state as turn-ins isn't all that different. And, change the ToT interface to work like the modern "Treasures of" events.

Step 2: Have a modified set of ToT majors, that would include the old majors, Leurocian's Mempo, dyes/pigments in 10-use bottles, a few new equipment designs only available as turn-ins (and/or some of the other event stuff - there really needs to be a new source or equivalent of katalkotl's ring - the sterling silver ring sucks), and new recipes (see step 3) that allow the old minors and majors to be used as ingredients (similar to Doom recipes) for even greater items. Some items will cost 10 minors, other will cost more (like the Mempo, katalkotl replacement, etc.). I'm sure some of you could come up with a few more totally new items.

Step 3: The new recipes allow conversion of most of the old-style ToT minors and majors to new items more suited to the current game. The recipes would be randomized (you pick a recipe for a certain value of points, with each claiming of a recipe being a different one the first time through (the way that you can't get a duplicate book rare from Trade Orders until you have all 9 in the set)), with random recipes after you collect the whole set. Both old and newly found/claimed ToT items can be used as ingredients. Other ingredients for the upgrades would be difficult items to get (from Tokuno dungeons, Serado, and peerless bosses) and continue spawning after the event (possibly to be used for other upgrade programs).

Things Not Needing major Changes:
  • Leurocian's Mempo: This should be bumped to the ToT major tier
  • Ancient Urn, Honorable Swords: These would be either be kept as-is, or a new selection of names added.
  • The 2nd & 3rd ToT Minor Pigments should be made 10-use, and included in the new major line-up.
  • The Major Pigments (metallic and colored) would be 10-use as well.

Suggestions for new upgrade recipes (names for the items resulting can be determined later). All upgrades of armor result in significantly more resists (25-40 more than current resists), and probably remove any Self Repair.
  1. Arms of Tactical Excellence: Adds a significant amount of resists, and bonuses for melee combat (HCI, HPR, Dex/stam, etc. of an amount to be determined later)
  2. Ancient Farmer's Kasa: Additions are such to make the item useful for some Tamer templates.
  3. Ancient Samurai Do: Additions optimized for a Bushido template.
  4. Black Lotus Hood: Additions optimized for a Ninja, with the additions possibly including some of the bonuses of the Burglar's Bandana.
  5. Daimyo's Helm: Additions are optimized for warriors of all types
  6. Demon Forks: Modified version would probably be very different from base version, other than keeping one of the resists. Would be a superior version of the weapon type equivalent to at least a greater reforged weapon.
  7. The Destroyer: As the Demon Forks.
  8. Dragon Nunchaku: Additions would improve SSI and the Hit Fireball percentage, possibly adding Hit Fire Area. Other bonuses would bring it to the level of a greater reforged weapon.
  9. Exiler: Additions increase hit dispel, SSI, add some leeches, and possibly makes it a double slayer (say, either Fey or Elemental).
  10. Gloves of the Sun: Besides Improved Resists, could use a high level of Cold Eater, and other bonuses.
  11. Hanzo's Bow: gets remade completely. Would probably retain Hanzo in name, but the bonuses would be completely different and Greater reforged level.
  12. Legs of Stability: Improved version would be comparable to the Animated Tinker Legs, but with similar (though different) resists and slightly different bonuses.
  13. Peasant's Bokuto: Improved version becomes a reptile slayer, and has far greater bonuses equal to a greater reforged item.
  14. Pilfered Dancer Fans: Improved to the level of a greater reforged weapon
  15. (old Major) Darkened Sky: Improved version would add 2-3 more abilities in line with a greater reforged weapon.
  16. (old Major) The Horselord: Improved version would have increased luck in line with a reforged then enhanced bow, and a couple additional properties more conducive to combat.
  17. (old Major) Kasa of the Raj-in: Improved version would be comparable to Dr. Spector's Lenses, giving an option for people who don't want to be wearing glasses.
  18. (old Major) Rune Beetle Carapace: Improved version would have LRC and better resists; possibly a damage eater or casting focus property.
  19. (old Major) Stormgrip: Improved version would have increased luck (200; maybe less), better resists, and additional stat bonuses. The DI would likely remain 25%.
  20. (old Major) Sword of the Stampede: Improved version would have another 3 or 4 properties (possibly including a random slayer)
  21. (old Major) Swords of Prosperity: Improved version would probably only have 1 or 2 new properties, possibly more in line with a spellbook than a weapon.
  22. (old Major) Tome of Lost Knowledge: Improved version would have a number of properties comparable to a Scrappers crafted with 2 or 3 extra properties, with the SDI increased to 25%. (not improvable from skill or guaranteed improvement talisman). "Recipe" use adds Magery, Necromancy, and Mysticism (and possibly Spellweaving) versions of the recipe to the scribe's menu, but any version still requires a ToLK as an ingredient, and the newly crafted book starts with 0 spells and will have to be filled normally.
  23. (old Major) Wind's Edge: Improved leeches and DCI, 2-3 additional properties beyond what the original possessed (Hit Area in either physical or energy sounds like a good option for one of them).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For "crap" it's amazing how my Tamer is STILL using the ToLK because he CANNOT find a better book for his needs. Pawain, you can't Imbue or reforge spellbooks.
You can make a scrappers with +13 skill.
upload_2019-1-13_0-37-35.png

You really can not find a better book? I out grew that book last year.
You can put skills on Jewelry.

@Dot_Warner We gonna have ppl who think the crap is good redesigning the items to add to the crap collection.

I see players running around with sorcerers suits on. They prob think those a good.

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really see the point in turning Tots on, What we need is a revamp of tokuno, so people would want to go hunt there in the first place.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bring them back - this will reanimate the empty landmass with players that will get a few nice and useful artifacts much more easier than to play doom or roof.
These events ever had been pure fun!

And by this way : also bring back Kotl-Artifacts to reanimate the City and bring back Sorcerers Artifacts - to bring back players to the Ilsh dungeons.

And plz make it the way you get the virtue arties or minor-ilsh-arties : give us a more faster droprate.

And plz - do not listen to crybabies anymore ;)

@Pawain
My worker still uses the Tome of Lost Knowledge together with Skill on juwelry to get a bit more higher magery and therefore can make gates or cast the more higher spells (corp por a.s.o.)
Some of my tamers also use the 200 luck sword - so do not say this is crap what could be useful for others and much more for the maybe beginners here ;).

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My .02 is that they should leave it at rest and just add the Mempo to a boss or on champ spawns. I believe the Mempo is about the only thing that dropped that is desirable at this point. the rest of them have craftable items that are comparable or better, even the ToLK. about the only other one would be the RBC. let's design a better system with better arties.

upload_2019-1-13_7-12-52.png

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might be nice tho, if they did turn it on, but NOT delete the items that were dropped, just add to it. It might be some want to complete a collection with a few missing items, etc. etc.

Just like the artisan festival, don't drop the old, just add more to it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I still use the Tome of Lost Knowledge, Swords of Prosperity, and Tokuno Pigments. If I had the Luck Mempo, I might use that, but I was never "lucky" enough to have one drop as a minor. I agree many of the artifacts need a re-wicker, however, what I really want is for the ToT system to be turned on permanently like the Virtue Artifact drops in Trammel/Felucca dungeons.

The ToT system is one of my favorite in game. I am glad the developers keep reusing the concept with the last few years Halloween events (i.e. Kotl artifacts, Cult artifacts, etc.) and also in Blackthorn's Dungeon. I would like them to keep using this system. I think it is a pity for these systems to get turned off. They should never run for the Halloween period and then end. I would like them to be permanent additions to the game. Yes, the artifacts require a revamp periodically, but there is always a few gems that seem to outlast time. Just keep dropping the minors and accepting turn-ins permanently. The content is good... keep it going!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
about the only other one would be the RBC
WTP (What The Pancake) is an RBC?
DON'T abbreviate unless your first use of the abbreviation has the unabbreviated version immediately following. You're supposed to be making this thread easy for Kyronix or Bleak to follow.
FPS (For Pancake's Sake).

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A reworked system would be nice. However, I'm not against them reactivating the old system with the old artis over nothing. At least then if someone wanted something from that, they could try and get it.

PageBoy

Journeyman
Please no. Both of those are crap. This is why we do not get good things. You can imbue better stuff and a scrappers can get 11 magery and 25 sdi.

The only close to a good weapon in a drop is this: But I can make this:
View attachment 91661 View attachment 91662

They have not made any usable weapons in drop form for a long time.
horselord ins't crap, for a fisherman is perfect, it has the correct double slayer and due to the easy mobs you'll find in the sea a better bow isn't required

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
horselord ins't crap, for a fisherman is perfect, it has the correct double slayer and due to the easy mobs you'll find in the sea a better bow isn't required
There are 3 for sale on Atlantic 240k each, Yall better get that treasure before others find out.

You can imbue a better bow for your fisherman.

So lets base the items quality on what our mules wear. So far 3 posters have said that. That event will get boring in about 2 days.

@Basara you could make a really nice mage bow and do some damage instead of using that book. Re equip when you travel.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can carry 2 bows and a fishing pole in your back pack my child. I will bestow unto you that priviledge.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't like the idea (totally don't like it!) of those "must have in a slot items" as you find them in every introduction of items they made. Examples are Slither, AoF (in former times), Crimson, Mace & Shield, Cameo etc. etc.

What I would like to see is de-buffed versions of those "must haves", e.g.: You get a tally like Cameo, with a super slayer on it; however, 2 of the 3 main mods (ssi, di, hci) are missing. Mace & Shield, but hld is only 15%, or phys resist is missing. This way, you provide still very usefull items, but you don't ruin the value of the original ones, AND ppl with no high-end account will still like them to build suits.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still use the Tome of Lost Knowledge, Swords of Prosperity, and Tokuno Pigments. If I had the Luck Mempo, I might use that, but I was never "lucky" enough to have one drop as a minor. I agree many of the artifacts need a re-wicker, however, what I really want is for the ToT system to be turned on permanently like the Virtue Artifact drops in Trammel/Felucca dungeons.

The ToT system is one of my favorite in game. I am glad the developers keep reusing the concept with the last few years Halloween events (i.e. Kotl artifacts, Cult artifacts, etc.) and also in Blackthorn's Dungeon. I would like them to keep using this system. I think it is a pity for these systems to get turned off. They should never run for the Halloween period and then end. I would like them to be permanent additions to the game. Yes, the artifacts require a revamp periodically, but there is always a few gems that seem to outlast time. Just keep dropping the minors and accepting turn-ins permanently. The content is good... keep it going!
100 percent agreed, Obsidian!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure, but a better bow isn't needed
So we want to base bows on our fishermans characters and not players who make archers? You can buy those 3 on Atlantic for 240k each. Now try to buy other examples of reward drops. Halo, the doom recipe items, It will be a long time before britches of warding are 240k.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, I am all for ToT. There are numerous threads where I asked to turn them on again. I was even thinking: Keep them the way they are, but let us imbue them with a good deal of additional weight. Would be fine for me, myself I am only after the Tome - still a true goodie on Siege.

But what really worries me: If they revamp it in the actual fashion, it will become a terrible grind with roughly 1 item per hour or less. Terrible. Like Blackthorns dungeon. I hate it. 2-4 per hour or better leave it off! There is enough content ingame which is only designed for the...

...retired
...unemployed
...millionaires
...people working in their own office as their on bosses
...people with no wifes/partners or in a marriage with other UO-addicts
...people with no kids
...people with criminal energy willing to break rules and use illegal stuff

For normal folks with kids, jobs, partners etc. most content needs too much time...

Hence, my motto is: LET THE STUFF RAIN DOWN ON US!!!!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The RBC, and the LMF should drop as recipes as Garth suggested, maybe they should put the HL in there as well, if people want it, let em have it. I just think they should put their time into different things, like bug stompin.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Folks, I am all for ToT. There are numerous threads where I asked to turn them on again. I was even thinking: Keep them the way they are, but let us imbue them with a good deal of additional weight. Would be fine for me, myself I am only after the Tome - still a true goodie on Siege.

But what really worries me: If they revamp it in the actual fashion, it will become a terrible grind with roughly 1 item per hour or less. Terrible. Like Blackthorns dungeon. I hate it. 2-4 per hour or better leave it off! There is enough content ingame which is only designed for the...

...retired
...unemployed
...millionaires
...people with no kids

For normal folks with kids, jobs, partners etc. most content needs too much time...
so what you're saying is, it's for the average uo player demographic . . . :lol:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

...retired
...unemployed
...millionaires
...people with no kids

Hence, my motto is: LET THE STUFF RAIN DOWN ON US!!!!
You kill stuff you get drops. These is no need to change that.

People say they want ToT to return because it brings back memories of playing with groups of other players at any time of day. The rewards were good for that time.

The rewards need updated or there will not be players there all day. (Once they get the Godly Horselord Bow they will just have no need to return)

Keep the stupid tome there. Real mages use 50 SDI books now and know how to imbue jewelry.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain, sorry: Look at the maths of Blackthorns. You kill stuff and get 1 drop roughly every 40-60 min. Solo of course, no captains. And not on a sammie. Thats a stupid boring grind.

At Khaldun I got 3-6 items every hour, solo of course. And not on a sammie.

ToT should be the latter.

Thats all I wanted to say!

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You kill stuff you get drops. These is no need to change that.

People say they want ToT to return because it brings back memories of playing with groups of other players at any time of day. The rewards were good for that time.

The rewards need updated or there will not be players there all day. (Once they get the Godly Horselord Bow they will just have no need to return)

Keep the stupid tome there. Real mages use 50 SDI books now and know how to imbue jewelry.
Pawain: I am a real mage and there are situations on Siege, where the stupid tome is still one of the best items, because blessed and +15 magery.

I think some might have forgotten, how UO really felt without all this godly gear. On Siege we know how to estimate the value of stuff. Here, the tome is not stupid. Many like it.

No offense, but some people here are very categoric. If people like the horselord, why attacking them? Let them play the game their way!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just think they should put their time into different things, like bug stompin.
This should be already there...how much time could it take to turn it back on? True, new additions could take time to get in, but they could do those down the road, one per publish or something

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This should be already there...how much time could it take to turn it back on? True, new additions could take time to get in, but they could do those down the road, one per publish or something
I don't have a problem with them turning it back on, i am just under the impression they don't want to unless they put time into updating the drops. That is what i am against if they want to just turn it back on, fine but any development time on it is a waste in my opinion. put development time into bug stompin, not ToT.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the Bows I have found that the devs have put in as drops:
upload_2019-1-13_15-59-47.png

Halawa's is almost usable. Needs to be composite and veleocity does not work with a slayer.

I have an Archer Bard and a Tamer Bard both have chiv. (no archer fisherman)

An Archer needs HCI at max and SSI as high as possible.
There are many items that give HCI.
SSI can only be imbued on or comes from jewels that spawn.

My archer bard has HCI on his suit so he needs none on his bow. I only need 30 more DI.

General purpose bow and slayer: . . A bane bow for killing the crazed mage.
upload_2019-1-13_15-7-30.png upload_2019-1-13_15-10-2.png

I just replace the HLD with the slayer property.

For me a bow would need to have these things for me to change: (A composite Bow)

Damage increase 50% (can imbue this)
Hit Mana Leech 50%
Swing speed increase 40% (Already can reforge this)
Hit Chance Increase 30% (already can Imbue 25%)

Added things:

1. A property like bane
2. A hit area or hit elemental damage
3. choice of slayer
Id be fine at this point and use this bow

Other add ons
Hit lower defense 50%
Hit lower attack
paralyze
Velocity (if they make it work on slayers)
Balanced
100% elemental damage

Could have choice of bow type and slayer at first use.

Other bow properties could include:
Rapid Fire - Shoots a burst of 3 with special 6 without
Mass Volley - Hits all targets in range.

What they make needs to be better than what I can make:
upload_2019-1-13_15-26-57.png

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here is the Bows I have found that the devs have put in as drops:
View attachment 91716

Halawa's is almost usable. Needs to be composite and veleocity does not work with a slayer.

I have an Archer Bard and a Tamer Bard both have chiv. (no archer fisherman)

An Archer needs HCI at max and SSI as high as possible.
There are many items that give HCI.
SSI can only be imbued on or comes from jewels that spawn.

My archer bard has HCI on his suit so he needs none on his bow. I only need 30 more DI.

General purpose bow and slayer: . . A bane bow for killing the crazed mage.
View attachment 91711 View attachment 91713

I just replace the HLD with the slayer property.

For me a bow would need to have these things for me to change: (A composite Bow)

Damage increase 50% (can imbue this)
Hit Mana Leech 50%
Swing speed increase 40% (Already can reforge this)
Hit Chance Increase 30% (already can Imbue 25%)

Added things:

1. A property like bane
2. A hit area or hit elemental damage
3. choice of slayer
Id be fine at this point and use this bow

Other add ons
Hit lower defense 50%
Hit lower attack
paralyze
Velocity (if they make it work on slayers)
Balanced
100% elemental damage

Could have choice of bow type and slayer at first use.

What they make needs to be better than what I can make:
View attachment 91714
I agree with this... if the bow lacks HML IMO it's worthless.... not going even give it a chance ... it's instant garbage... I'm not hitting 2 times and then waiting 10 min to get my mana back to do another special... pancake that.... ...... It MUST have at LEAST 40SSI... Minimum...

Jewels... If I have a mage it NEEDS SDI, FC and FCR... MINIMUM.... For a Dexer I want HCI, DCI, and DI.... with some skills to help me... healing, chiv, whatever...

Trouble is 99.9% of the jewels you find are 1/2 one or 1/2 the other but useless to both because it always lacks something important... I'm not giving up casting speed just to have more SSI... what is the point of that? Not giving up HCI to have FC or some stupid thing like that on my Jewels if I can't hit the dang thing there isn't any point...

Most of the armor of that era is very outdated... new stuff is a 1,000 times better. I can imbue crap better...

One thing I KEEP saying and I'm gonna keep saying is if you leave it as is then for cripes sakes let us be able to imbue the crap.... some of that junk could be imbued as it's low points and could actually be improved with imbuing if only we could... we might actually be able to make something useful out of it. Especially if the items were given a higher point value for imbuing...

And I still say and will continue to say that Spellbooks specifically ought to be able to be imbued... quit trying to make them impossible every single other class can get better stuff but spellcasters are Forked...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with this... if the bow lacks HML IMO it's worthless.... not going even give it a chance ... it's instant garbage... I'm not hitting 2 times and then waiting 10 min to get my mana back to do another special... pancake that.... ...... It MUST have at LEAST 40SSI... Minimum...

Jewels... If I have a mage it NEEDS SDI, FC and FCR... MINIMUM.... For a Dexer I want HCI, DCI, and DI.... with some skills to help me... healing, chiv, whatever...

Trouble is 99.9% of the jewels you find are 1/2 one or 1/2 the other but useless to both because it always lacks something important... I'm not giving up casting speed just to have more SSI... what is the point of that? Not giving up HCI to have FC or some stupid thing like that on my Jewels if I can't hit the dang thing there isn't any point...

Most of the armor of that era is very outdated... new stuff is a 1,000 times better. I can imbue crap better...

One thing I KEEP saying and I'm gonna keep saying is if you leave it as is then for cripes sakes let us be able to imbue the crap.... some of that junk could be imbued as it's low points and could actually be improved with imbuing if only we could... we might actually be able to make something useful out of it. Especially if the items were given a higher point value for imbuing...

And I still say and will continue to say that Spellbooks specifically ought to be able to be imbued... quit trying to make them impossible every single other class can get better stuff but spellcasters are Forked...
They really, really need to fix the ****ing jewelry loot drops.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No offense, but some people here are very categoric. If people like the horselord, why attacking them? Let them play the game their way!
There are chests full of the ToT drops. Like I said, there were 3 Horselords on Atl for 240k each.

I did not say they have to stop using them or that they be removed from the game.

I showed the Bows that drop in UO. Then I showed how all are surpassed by reforging and imbuing.
It would be nice to get a new Bow as a drop that is worth using or selling. A 240K is not what we want.

Pawain, sorry: Look at the maths of Blackthorns. You kill stuff and get 1 drop roughly every 40-60 min. Solo of course, no captains. And not on a sammie. Thats a stupid boring grind.

At Khaldun I got 3-6 items every hour, solo of course. And not on a sammie.

ToT should be the latter.

Thats all I wanted to say!
I dont recall the ToT drop rate I was basing that reply on them using what it was. I got a ton of stuff so it worked for me as a really lame player at the time.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Melee weapons are similar to the bows. But there are more types of melee templates and they take damage as part of fighting.

Again HCI and SSI are important but on some weapons your template is already hitting at max speed.

Here are 2 mace weapons from ToT. I used both of these. I used Exiler yesterday to kill the named balrons in Chaos.(decided to get my Lord back on Pawain after Khaldun knocked it down) I couldn't find my other demon slayer so I grabbed it. The lack of Life Leech was noticeable often.

upload_2019-1-13_20-57-0.png

Very basic two hand weapons.
The Exiler has dispel which can be used in Doom and it is a slayer. Also has a whirlwind like special.
But you can imbue all of those stats at a higher rate and 1 other stat on any weapon.

Here is what I can make. I have specific HCI, DCI, and SSI needs so those are not what should be emphasized.

upload_2019-1-13_21-3-59.png

These weapons can get higher leech % than bows.

Most players would want a weapon with Life Mana and stamina leech.
Also we are picky about the specials. Armor ignore, Whirlwind, Doublestrike are popular.
Others are popular in PvP. Dismount, bleed, disarm

These would need 2 of these HCI DCI SSI so we can put the other in our suit.

Again what is dropped needs to be better than what we can make.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nonsense ;) We should learn again to reduce our demands a little! Also in UO everyone is born naked here and has to assert himself in this world first.
It's funny that some people here always think, we all start with a bold gold cushion and articade the game here;)

@Victim of Siege
I think you must be really a nice guy, but plz stop with this shortyfication of itemnames :). What the heck is LMF?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can make a scrappers with +13 skill.
View attachment 91664

You really can not find a better book? I out grew that book last year.
You can put skills on Jewelry.

@Dot_Warner We gonna have ppl who think the crap is good redesigning the items to add to the crap collection.

I see players running around with sorcerers suits on. They prob think those a good.
A scrappers with +13 is worthless to my mage, He does not need FC. He does not need FCR. The ToLK has 5% more LMC than a scrappers. He does not need up to 13 points in useless (to him) skills like Resist Spells or Eval. And, I already have +15 magery on both ring and Bracelet (and one of those is a prized item with +15 disco and another skill for my template, plus other useful properties). The WHOLE FREAKING POINT is that I have +45 from the book and jewelry COMBINED to get to 100 magery, and even then fail more often than I should for things like Gate Travel. Apparently you weren't paying attention to context.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nonsense ;) We should learn again to reduce our demands a little! Also in UO everyone is born naked here and has to assert himself in this world first.
It's funny that some people here always think, we all start with a bold gold cushion and articade the game here;)

@Victim of Siege
I think you must be really a nice guy, but plz stop with this shortyfication of itemnames :). What the heck is LMF?
No, i will post how I want. had you been nicer in your request the first time i did a SoN i may have DwYa and stopped. but now i have decided AeIs is the way to go. LaGdAs FTW

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oki... than remain missunderstood :) - not my prob
LMaA ;)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A scrappers with +13 is worthless to my mage, He does not need FC. He does not need FCR. The ToLK has 5% more LMC than a scrappers. He does not need up to 13 points in useless (to him) skills like Resist Spells or Eval. And, I already have +15 magery on both ring and Bracelet (and one of those is a prized item with +15 disco and another skill for my template, plus other useful properties). The WHOLE FREAKING POINT is that I have +45 from the book and jewelry COMBINED to get to 100 magery, and even then fail more often than I should for things like Gate Travel. Apparently you weren't paying attention to context.
Ok we should make items that aid mules, fishermen and ppl just trying to get extra points. ToT will last a couple of days then. There are chests full of ToT items. Have fun.