• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOGuide down?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For a short term solution. my discord server has most of the skills, peerless and some other info copied from uoguide. Join the Ultima Online Discord Server!
Its nice i have used your discord. Issue for me is I like the way unguide shows items and there mods. And where to get them. Helps when trying to pice a suit together with artifacts then adding the L drops from roof and VS

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its nice i have used your discord. Issue for me is I like the way unguide shows items and there mods. And where to get them. Helps when trying to pice a suit together with artifacts then adding the L drops from roof and VS
Yeah i havent put much effort into that area. ill add it to the list.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
didn't realize how much i rely on UOguide till its not longer there
if and when it comes back up im taking screen shots of all the pages :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In the years when I was inactive with UO, I would occasionally peruse UO guide and it would give me new builds and gear to theorize about. When it was being updated more regularly, it was absolutely a must-check website on nearly a daily basis. I give JC credit for keeping it up all of these years. Between UO Guide and old Stratics, they represent a significant library of the lore and information about our community - even if it's better years are in the past. I hope they never close down without atleast being offered to the community for an opportunity to keep alive, even if it's by someone else's hand.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
He might not want it to be updated...that's a lot of work when someone edits a page he has to go in to confirm if it's correct, he might just want to keep the site up as is so people have access to the information. I hope not, but it would make sense. Either way I am glad he's keeping the lights on, his site is invaluable.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
when it comes back up im taking screen shots of all the pages
Man I'm doing just that. Got a big screenshot collage for the training regimen for every caster skill, crafting skill, bard skills, and weapon skills. The other resources provided by the players are awesome, but I def wanted to keep those handy. The way back machine seems hit and miss as far as finding a good link to an archive, but when you do its glorious. Certainly helps mitigate uoguide withdrawals

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
He might not want it to be updated...that's a lot of work when someone edits a page he has to go in to confirm if it's correct, he might just want to keep the site up as is so people have access to the information. I hope not, but it would make sense. Either way I am glad he's keeping the lights on, his site is invaluable.
is it how wiki works? i thought the point is everyone can make changes and if someone messed it up we can always have previous version to restore, and outdated info is as bad as incorrect info so there is no difference anyway if the site is not updated.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He might not want it to be updated...that's a lot of work when someone edits a page he has to go in to confirm if it's correct
I have added information to the wiki in the past. There is no gatekeeper judging what's worth or not. At least not since 10 years or so.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That’s so sad we couldn’t update it. I would gladly do it but I tried to reach the guy who hold it and got no answer.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a big fan of uoguide too, but without being able to edit it, it's only half as useful.

For those who want to take screenshots of every page - don't do that! That's a horribly inefficent way to backup a wiki! There are way better tools - like this for example: WikiTeam/wikiteam
That way you can either re-upload it to a new instance of mediawiki on a different server (let us know where, if you do) or just host a private one on your local machine.

Or if that's to technical for you, at least use Export pages - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia to download the pages you want most.
Edit: additional info as not everybody may know this - this page provides an overview of all pages on the wiki: All pages - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
i would very much hope the owner can fix the login so everyone can update the page again.

Please allow us to make uoguide live again

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since a lot of people want it and I like to have updated things here's my current project

Ultima Online - Book of Knowledge

Please note that I d'ont know anything about coding and I'm learning by my self so this isn't perfect and I would be more than glad to have help :)
That's very cool of you! And no fear, mediawiki is quite newbie-friendly to administrate.
While I appreciate the effort, I fear getting a substantial amount of info in there, will take quite a while.
Question: What keeps you just pulling things from uoguide so you'll have a decent starting point? You and the userbase still will to catch up on - dunno - at least three years since the decline of uoguide, but better than starting blank.

And yes, I know this is considered bad form, but hey, uoguide is basically dead in the water right now. It seems JC has moved on and its only a matter of time until the lights go out forever. Also, it's not like there's any copyright on the information. It's all user generated and I did not once see a copyright or CC license mentioned anywhere on the site. So yeah, I'd say it's free game, but