uogamecodes.com

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
P

peanutbutter

so, UO/EA making buying an additional account pretty hard...

"In order to purchase a new account registration code, please visit www.uogamecodes.com. From there you can purchase an Age of Shadows Buddy Registration code for $9.99, or you can purchase a Mondain’s Legacy Registration code for $29.99.

The www.uogamecodes.com website accepts all major credit cards. If you require other payment methods please click on the PayByCash Link. This will direct you to PayByCash’s website where you can choose one of several options to pay for your Ultima Online Account, and premium services. "

but after trying to buy one at uocamecodes.com i get...

"There was a problem encountered while processing your order.
If you continue to have problems, you can order Ultima Online products over the phone.
Please call 1-866-543-5435 and press option 1, wait a moment, then press option 1 again to speak with a sales representative."

1) there wasn't a problem - all my info matches up right and there's plenty of money on my card
2) their "Help" option takes you to the EA help page
3) calling that number and doing "press option 1, wait a moment, then press option 1 again" gets you into POGO tech support
4) you also get a notice that representatives aren't authorized to aid in purchases over the phone, though on EA support site, it says "f you wish to make your purchase over the phone, please contact us at 1-866-543-5435 and press option 1."
5) shouldn't there be a way to contact uogamecodes.com directly?

so, i guess that's $13 less a month the game will be making.

oh well, their loss...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
There's another alternative to using the uogamecodes.com website or trying to use the EA voice response system. Go to the uo.com website and click on the Support link on the side and then select Knowledgebase. Once you're in the Knowledgebase site, use the Contact Us link (requires you to go through a secure log-in process) and provide the following information: (1) Your Username; (2) the last eight digits of the credit card linked to your UO account; (3) which item(s) you would like to purchase and how many of each. (More details here in this Knowledgebase Q&A: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=10733. )

You will get a reply from a customer service rep within a few hours to a few days either requesting additional information or confirming your order. (See the reply by logging in again at the Knowledgebase page.) The code(s) you need will be sent to the e-mail address linked to the account you reference in your request.

Note: If you get a reply that asks for the information you already provided, just be patient and send back a reply that you DID give this information. Seems like most of the time these requests are handled in India and the procedure seems to be that these requests ALWAYS get a canned response the first time telling you what information you need to provide. You reply that you gave that information already (be nice when you do, it might help!) and then it probably gets bounced to a supervisor who figures out what you really want. Once in a while you get lucky though and request goes through the first time.

P

peanutbutter

what's more... i accidentally canceled my account last week :thumbsup: and i sent them a message THAT day asking how to "un-cancel" it without going back through the whole re-entering all of my information. since then i've updated the question 3 times asking for a response :twak: . it's been 8 days... my current account will end in 3 days. :grrr:

i know i can just re-activate it after it closes, but a friggin response would be nice. :eyes: