• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

R

ress me plz

Anyone knows a way to add the sea market in the Uocartographer maps?

O

Old Man of UO

Anyone knows a way to add the sea market in the Uocartographer maps?
Right click on the spot where the market is and add a marker. I don't know how to add it to the map files, but the marker works just fine.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available!

it keeps changing the land to trammel when im in malas.. if you change it back to malas it shows the correct location but when i walk it goes back to tramel
This is STILL happening to me, anyone have a fix for it?

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available!

This is STILL happening to me, anyone have a fix for it?
i've resolved this problem runnig UO and cartographer in administrator mode

(using uoasssit)
Well I have windows 7 and in order to get uocarto to work at all i run it in admin mode regardless, and I do use uoassist and still it happens. Maybe I am missing something else?

K

Krakradu

Enhanced Client on Win7 Ultimate 64bit, with .net framework 4.0 (it seems there are no 1.0 to 3.5 versions for Win7?) I keep getting the following error code, when UOC tries to create the first map felucca:

I tried installing UOC as admin, running it as admin, running it in WinXP SP3 compability mode, ... I'm clueless as to how I could fix this. :blushing:

Are there any alternatives out there for the enhanced client?

C

C.DeAth

i have SP 3 and 4. Framework 2 and 3..... I downloaded it like 40 times, and there is no response at all just the stupid same error message over and over and over again "System.MissingMethodException" and so on. This program will not make it anywhere if it doesn't get real support, not just random people taking guesses at it.

UOPlayer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having issues using cartographer with the Enhanced Client. I replace the MapWindow.lua file as instructed, but it appears to be overwritten when the patch session occurs when I try logging into the game.

I am using Windows Vista if that makes a difference.

Is there a fix for this?

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thank you for any and all help.

proctor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
having a problem with running UOC on wifes computer. Searpants pillars and a few other things are not showing up. A while back someone sent me a link to an update for it but they dont remember where they found it. Can anyone please tell me where the update for UOC is. Thank yall.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wondering if anyone can direct me on where to find the 'USER' map marker file ... i would like to rename, and eventually be able to share my markers i have been putting down, but cannot seem to find the file in the UOC directory ...

I see all the other map files i have d/l ... but not the USER file ..

And is sharing as easy as sending someone the USER file, then they can see all the markers i have placed?

also .. anyone know if it is possible to make multiple USER files .. would love to have different filters for housing spots, landmarks, current houses etc.

Thanks

*edit*
found the USER.MAP in my docs ..

still wondering about if anyone knows how to get multiple user filters?

*edit #2*
After renaming the USER file, and restarting UOC, my newly named marker filter was in the list, and when placing a new marker, created a new USER file ...

So I guess I answered my own question ... seems the only way to add of remove from a saved map file is to manually type it into the text file ... but is possible for anyone else wondering.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case anyone is reading this .. and cares .. and doesn't already know ... cause I didn't ...

I found that to add to an previously saved and renamed MAP file, created via the USER ... you simply have to rename that MAP file as USER again, and after restarting UOC you can add and delete markers from that file.

Rename when finished, and you will have that filter saved, and a new USER map file to place new markers with after you restart UOC ...

I suppose just make sure that if you have any markers on the current 'USER' map file, you save them under a different name, so you won't lose any non filter spec. markers ...

M

mr crabs

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is know

this is an error a guildie of mine is having on her new computer she just got she has windows 7 64 bit iv hade here turn the .netframework on and off in here turn programes on and off settings and still same error. and help would be good.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhanced Client on Win7 Ultimate 64bit, with .net framework 4.0 (it seems there are no 1.0 to 3.5 versions for Win7?) I keep getting the following error code, when UOC tries to create the first map felucca:

I tried installing UOC as admin, running it as admin, running it in WinXP SP3 compability mode, ... I'm clueless as to how I could fix this. :blushing:

Are there any alternatives out there for the enhanced client?
This exeception means that UO Catographer is not able to open the file to read the coordinates of the Interface, check if you have the correct path in the settings.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh...
I updated all.. have everything on latest actuall Version.. reinstalled UOC again... still get error message..

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

Now i really dont know what to do else...

PS thx for advice
This exeception means System.GC.Collecl function is missing that normally means you dont have the right framework version.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Turn.......
Ok you mentioned if you have a black screen, check the path....
I have and the odd part is that my chr is being tracked. Suggesting the path is working........
Odd part is Im being tracked over a black screen.
I haven't read all posts in this large thread.
Win 7 fully updated. Classic client. All proggies started as admin....
Thx in advance

M

mr crabs

guess no one ever seen this one before??
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is know

this is an error a guildie of mine is having on her new computer she just got she has windows 7 64 bit iv hade here turn the .netframework on and off in here turn programes on and off settings and still same error. and help would be good.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
guess no one ever seen this one before??
I do not use the server portion of UOC, but below is all the info I have on it. I hope it helps.

UOC Server FAQ

Will UOC work with UOAM servers?
No, but there is a separate server program so you can get everyone together. To use this have someone run the server, pick a port from the options window (address does nothing) and make sure they open it on their router/firewall (UDP port 11000 is the default, or should be). You can choose to use a global password like UOAM or per user accounts. Global password is probably the easiest for now. Your friends can now connect by going to the options window and entering the IP and port of the server, choosing a username and entering the password. Checking "Show Status" will add a little red/green indicator to the UI so you can see if you are connected or not. Then pick "Connect" from the right-click menu to connect.

To address the issue further: There are a few reasons why UOC is not compatible with UOAM servers.

First and foremost is the fact that the UOAM protocol is closed and not public. There have been some efforts to reverse engineer it but these are wobbly at best and possibly not very "legal" at worse. This is the main reason UOC does not support it.

Secondly, the UOAM server is very old and slow. It updates at a snail’s pace compared to UOC. I think the UOAM server updates maybe once every 2-3 seconds, which is terrible.

Yes, it is going to be a pain, but the server is still a work in progress and can be expanded and improved. I could even open the protocol so others can implement servers, or make a dedicated Linux one, all without being constrained by the legacy of UOAM.

UOC Server Does Nothing?
The UOC Server doesn't really "do" anything when running, you'll see stuff in the log window when people join/leave though. Make sure you set a port number (11000 for instance), it may not be set. Make sure you use the "exit" button to quit it, closing the window minimizes it to the clock area.

Additional UOC Server Details
Here's a brief rundown for everyone
:

You first need to set a port, just pick 11000 since this seems to work, or another number if you like (say between 2000 and 65000). Check the Global Password box and type in a password. This is the simple way to use it which we'll stick to for now.

If you want guildies to connect you'll need to forward the port on your router/modem. This varies from model to model. Forward the port you chose to the internal IP of the PC running the server. To find the internal IP, go Start->Run type cmd and hit OK then type ipconfig it should show up there. Probably something like 192.168.x.x. Forward the port to that address and choose UDP or ANY for the Protocol or Type.

Now find out what your external IP is. There are plenty of websites that will do this. Give this external IP, the port and the password to your guildies and get them to enter it in the UOC options and check "Show Status". Then they can choose "Connect" and the little light should go green! The person running the server should use the internal IP instead of the external one.
source: Unofficial UOC FAQ (http://vboards.stratics.com/1670284-post663.html)

Uthgood

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello

before i left UO in june....i had absolutely NO problems with any of these programs...

Just returned to UO yesterday....click on my uoassist to load UO...works just fine...get back into game...FIND BOTH MY CASTLES HAVE FALLEN....oh well time to look for a new spot to live :p

click on my old uoc link and it doesnt open (i never uninstalled it)
uninstall the old uoc
download from the link at the begining of this post and install it
click to run it (still in uo via uoassist)
get the following error

System.ArgumentException: Font 'Comic Sans MS' does not support style 'Regular'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style)
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

im running vista in 64bit mode
have .net 4.0 installed and fully patched
have the latest versions of directx installed

any help?

*Edit* I solved this particular problem by going to system fonts and deleting the one above that was causing me the error...it now works again for me.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like this is yet another unsupported tool destined to break with time. No further development too.

I just can't respect an author that doesn't share out the code if they're not continuing the work.

Two thumbs down.

Sir Mastermind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

My guild has started to use UOC and loves it. Although I cannot seem to log into the server that they are running. When I click on connect I get a dialog box that opens and shows this:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
at #=qkpj59ODoSQKiNwhz3A$qCnrhSad9AqOWFZeea4o23E4=.#=qEotScWmtKtE2IfdSSLjAIA==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qa2IYxWCH1FxnxeuuhaT_gtMb2tDeYNLRRwrcLxFH16c=(Object #=qYiy1oxCVbvlQk3EY8pACpw==, EventArgs #=q2CP7Ul4TDjjX0UNLQc1hog==)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

After I click OK, UOC just shuts down. I have checked the login/password/port, and I know they are right.

I ran the .exe file as admin and in compatibility mode. I run the program itself in both also. I am running on a wifi laptop with windows 7. UOC virsion 0.9.8.1

Also I have the same issue as someone before me with the facet changing. Mine shows me in fel, but when I go to tokuno or anywhere else it just snaps back to fel. :/

Thanks in advance.

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine trys to load the maps but never is able to
then it reads

CANT LOCATE FACET MAPS. ENSURE THE PATH TO THE CLIENT IS SET CORRECTLY.

the problem is everyone here assumes im suppose to know what that means
how do i ensure the path to the client is set correctly

i have copy and pasted what i see on the screen under ec and cc

i have made it work before on other pc but have forgotten how to make it work wtf then i hear of people who just load it and it works perfectly please help :cursing:

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this problem very early on in the beta, I think I ended up deleting the program completely and then reinstalling it... Worth a try if you haven't yet.

Q

Quilnn

UOC works perfectly fine for me. I suggest everyone don't give up yet. There is always a solution! There are some required things you have to do in order for it to run. :scholar:

*Microsoft NET. Framework 2.0
*UOAssist (Freetrial works for UOC [ONLY FOR CC])
*If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, Please run as administrator

Common Problems:
*Not tracking? UOAssist is the main tracking counterpart, this must be used during CC to track. If you are using EC, you may need to redirect the map files using the options control.
*Black Screen? Rebuild map files. You may have to reinstall on this part.
*EC also requires a compatible skin.

Many other solutions may be found in the previous pages.. :grouphug:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem.
I've formatted another time my HD and cartographer doesn't work well.
I've tryed to install the net.framework 2 but i can't.
The problem is that i don't read any label or city or dungeon.
Only the map. I have widows XP service pack3, like before formatting.
I've downloaded the files inu.map and the icons. But nothing, i see only the map :(
Some suggestion?
Thanks

S

shadow14

ok i have been using carto for awhile now we decided to join up with another guild and get one map! some of us are able to log in and it tracks perfectly fine. but there is 3 of us that can log in and see all other players but it dosnt track or show us on map!

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k I TRIED to read all this but gave up, so sorry if this has been asked & answered

Is there a way to add the server lines to uoc? Other than adding a marker to say its here?

M

mr crabs

ok i have been using carto for awhile now we decided to join up with another guild and get one map! some of us are able to log in and it tracks perfectly fine. but there is 3 of us that can log in and see all other players but it dosnt track or show us on map!
shadow i run the server for my guild first off do u have uo assist if in 2d u need it to track your movement,

second are u running uo assist and uo cart as admin?

i hade a guildie that hade the same problem and he was not running uo assist and uo cart as admin,

hope this helps

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably never...the author has abandoned the tool completely it seems and have no interest in supporting it.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really wish he had made the program open source, instead of screwing us all over when he disappeared...then at least someone could have continued the work and made an even better UOC.

hobbit35

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still running XP and can't seem to run UOcartographer beta or UOcartographer. When I click exe icon it says Application error press OK and that is as far as I can get. Any ideas? besides upgrading to window7 or Vista?

Thanks,

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am running XP .I downloaded the file and made a folder for it extracted the files into the folder. I dropped all the old uoam maps into it and it runs fine
not sure what I did different

hobbit35

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

I get the same message! what did you have to do to fix this error?

Traumatized

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded the program, running windows 7 and when I try to run it I get the message, "something had some of the client files locked! please close all uo related applications and restart UOC" well I do that and it gives me the same message.

E

Eyes of Origin

I just downloaded the program, running windows 7 and when I try to run it I get the message, "something had some of the client files locked! please close all uo related applications and restart UOC" well I do that and it gives me the same message.
try running as admin... i remember something like this happening when i downloaded it as well... cant remember exactly how i fixed it.... I know I had to run it as admin and redo the maps like 5-6 times....
also make sure you are running UOA to start UO... think that had something to do with it as well.

Traumatized

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried running it as admin, I am using UOA to start uo. I took all the old UOAM .map files i had and put them in the UOC folder, now When i open uoc i get a black screen, with "you" in the middle, and all the uoam icons, but no terran. And when I try to "rebuild" i get the same

"something had some of the client files locked! please close all uo related applications and restart UOC"
Message.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I tried running it as admin, I am using UOA to start uo. I took all the old UOAM .map files i had and put them in the UOC folder, now When i open uoc i get a black screen, with "you" in the middle, and all the uoam icons, but no terran. And when I try to "rebuild" i get the same

"something had some of the client files locked! please close all uo related applications and restart UOC"
Message.
You need to turn off UAC. You can use this tool to do it.