• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Simon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys,

thanks for this nice program!

I have two feature requests:

- linux dedicated server (maybe you can release the part of the UOC Sourcecode with the server?)
- please add serverlines to the maps.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some suggestions for the program, which I believe will enhance it greatly.

1 - Server based map markers. You load the map markers on the server UOC and then every client connecting will also get those map markers (either directly or it will download them)

2 - The ability to move the map around when you've removed the border. If you've removed the border, then its a pain to make it align to thing as you can't move it around without the border on. Maybe a toggle to make it movable, then a toggle to put it back to normal?

S

Sir Achilles

I downloaded this on my laptop and it works fine, I downloaded it on my desktop and says it installed properly however when i open it a black screen appears and it doesn't update the maps like it did when I downloaded on laptop....are there problems with the download?

M

mr crabs

if u have a black screen and u run vista make sure both uo and cart are ran as administrator

M

Mar Scyth

So, when I try to install and run, i get this error:

System.IO.IOException: The file 'C:\Users\Documents\UOCartographer\crash.log' already exists.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another feature I'd really like to see that UOAM had:

The ability to center on other players connected through the server and follow them (like UOC follows yourself)

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This guy (guy who made UOC) hasn't logged in since January....

Anyone know if he's ok?

-Galen's player
Hobbyist developer burnout? Let's hope he's ok and is just taking a break...
If I recall correctly Kiwi was in school and fairly swamped after the Holidays. I am guessing that Kiwi is dealing with school work and what Llewen said.

I put together an FAQ last December and sent it over for Kiwi to review and post. At the time the suggestion was to start a new "cleaner" thread with the FAQ. I may end up pasting it in this thread (as-is) to help the users of UOC, but I don't know if it is 100% accurate, but it should be 90/95%.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOCartographer
By: Kiwillian

UOCartographer FAQ:

What is UOCartographer?
UOCartographer (aka UOC) is a free replacement for UOAutomap (UOAM). It's features include support for the new lands of Ter Mur.

Where may I download UOC?
You may download the latest UOCSetup.exe version from the following URL: http://uocartographer.com

After installing UOC and you run it for the first time it will build the maps. This may take a few minutes. If this fails for some reason, right click on the map window and choose Options and make sure the paths to the client and the client selection are correct. You may need to restart it if you do this.

After the maps have been built you should be good to go. In 2D/Classic you must be running UOAssist for it to track you. In the EC you will need to copy MapWindow.lua from the installation directory to your <EC path>/User Interface/<skin name>/Source/ directory. There are more details in the ReadMe.txt file.

*Tip: You can scroll the map by left clicking and dragging. You can also "flick" the map in the same manner to scroll quickly. Double clicking will toggle borderless mode and the mouse wheel will zoom in and out.

Is UOC "legal" to use?
"While this program is currently not officially or publically endorsed or approved by EA/Mythic, you are free to use it without repercussion. If you have any problems, do not contact EA/Mythic about it, they DO NOT provide support for this or any other 3rd party program."

"Representatives of EA/Mythic have directly told me that you will not be banned for using this and that I am free to distribute it. It does not sniff packets, read the clients memory or interfere in any way with the client."
- Kiwillian (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1506213&postcount=1)

Is UOC "safe" to use?
Nok, the creator of UltimaXbar (http://uo.gamexbar.com), had this to say: “I've already submitted uocartographer.com to McAfee's SiteAdvisor & WOT for scans; and ran a Jotti Malware Scan on UOCSetup.exe (it's 100% clean). Steps like these are to your benefit and the UO community.”

Which client will UOC work with and what is required for it to work properly?

UOC will work with the Classic Client (CC) and the Enhanced Client (EC). There are specific requirements for each:

For use with the Classic Client you will need to have at least the free trial version of UOAssist (http://www.tugsoft.com/). This is required because UOC does not directly interact with the Classic Client and this is what makes it "legal" to use.

For use with the Enhanced Client you will need to copy the “MapWindow.lua” file from the UOC installation directory to EC source directory (<EC path>/User Interface/<skin name>/Source/). There are more details in the UOC ReadMe.txt file.

You will also need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (or higher) installed to use UOC. Most people should have this installed already, but you can download it from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0+Service+Pack+2&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic) or receive it via Windows Update. *Note the link is for the English version, but has a drop down box to change the language.

*Update: It has been discovered by multiple people that the earlier versions of the .net Framework need to be installed, fully updated. From what has been seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.​

What do I do if the installer fails?
Try downloading the UOCSetup.exe file again (http://uocartographer.com) and run it as administrator if you are on Vista/Win 7. This should be fixed as of update 0.9.6.3.

I received a MissingMethod exception. What do I do?
If you see this error message try and update your .Net 2.0 either via Windows Update or by downloading the service pack(s) directly from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0+Service+Pack+2&displaylang=en&stype=s_basic). *Note the link is for the English version, but has a drop down box to change the language.

*Update: It has been discovered by multiple people that the earlier versions of the .net Framework need to be installed, fully updated. From what has been seen you can't just have the latest version installed, you need all the earlier versions installed as well.​

All I see is black in the UOC window?
Double and Triple check your client paths. Make sure you are setting the right one for the client you are using and that it actually exists at that location in windows. Also make sure that the Client selected in the menu is the one you are trying to use. If you are using the CC you can confirm the path in UOAssist and/or UOAM.

UOC is running, but it does not track my character on the screen?
If you are using the CC try running UOC as administrator. If you are using the EC check the Stratics UO Enhanced Client beta discussion forum (http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454) or the UO Modders' Exchange (http://uo.modders-exchange.net) for mods and skins that help UOC work seamlessly with the EC.

The UOC window Goes Off Screen/upper right corner?
Try to maximize the UOC window from the task bar then exit. This will make it show up in the maximized size the next time it starts and you can move/resize it then. This is a known bug and should be resolved as of update 0.9.6.3.

Is there a way to stop or toggle the sliding that happens if you click, hold, drag, and release like you're tossing it across the screen?
Yes there is. Just left click again and it should stop.

Is there any way to get a larger/full-screen display?
Yes, Right click and choose atlas. Or just put borders on and resize it. It won't go full screen though. Too much effort, CPU wise for that.

Why doesn’t UOC show player housing on the map like UOAM did?
UOAssist is currently broken so I can't do this at the moment. I have tried contacting tugsoft (the creator of UOAssist) about it but never heard anything back. Also not sure how to do it with the EC either.

Is there a chat feature like there was in UOAM?
I am not planning on adding a chat feature at this time.

When I place a marker on the map where is that info stored on my computer?
When you place a marker through the options menu, the marker will be placed in a file called user.map. This file is located in the UOCartographer folder in your “My Documents” or “Documents” folder.

Is there a way to set a waypoint to a destination?
Yes, you can right click on the map and choose “Set Destination” and you'll get a little arrow on the map. Use the same menu item to clear it. You can do the same thing via the Find window by ticking the Track box.

Will UOAM .map files wok with UOC?
Yes, UOC can use the UOAM ".map" marker files and several are included. Simply copy the ones you like to use into the UOC directory and they will automatically appear the next time you start UOC.

You can mouse over markers to show a pop-up description.

Markers can be added via the menu. The marker will be added at the point you right clicked to get the menu. Markers added will be placed in a file called USER.MAP in the UOC directory in UOAM format. This file can be edited, copied and renamed if you like to organize things.

Marker data files must end in .MAP to be loaded (case insensitive).

Currently, to delete a marker you must edit the .MAP file with notepad and remove the line that contains the marker you wish to delete. Don't leave any blank lines in the file when doing this!

Can I add custom icons to UOC?
Yes you can. If you download UOC version 0.9.6.6 or later you'll find a new bitmap image called "icons.bmp" in the UOC folder. It's a 24bit BMP with *no* alpha channel. All the icons are in a grid which is 32x32, only the interior of the grid is used so the icons themselves can be up to 31x31 (it skips the grid lines). The bright pink background (255,0,255) is converted to transparency when it's loaded, so you don't need to worry about all that stuff now and even MS Paint should be able to edit it.

It also loads icons.txt and uses the categories in that to grab the correct number of icons, so if you add new ones, add them after the last one and put a name in the icons.txt file for it.

Is there a way to access the “Advanced Options”?
Advanced options are disabled at this time.

I have noticed an issue with the lat/long being off?
Yeah the problem was a bug in the center calculation since it changes in the Lost Lands and it had a bug in it. It's fixed now and the fix will be in the next version. (12/12/2009)

UOC Server FAQ

Will UOC work with UOAM servers?
No, but there is a separate server program so you can get everyone together. To use this have someone run the server, pick a port from the options window (address does nothing) and make sure they open it on their router/firewall (UDP port 11000 is the default, or should be). You can choose to use a global password like UOAM or per user accounts. Global password is probably the easiest for now. Your friends can now connect by going to the options window and entering the IP and port of the server, choosing a username and entering the password. Checking "Show Status" will add a little red/green indicator to the UI so you can see if you are connected or not. Then pick "Connect" from the right-click menu to connect.

To address the issue further: There are a few reasons why UOC is not compatible with UOAM servers.

First and foremost is the fact that the UOAM protocol is closed and not public. There have been some efforts to reverse engineer it but these are wobbly at best and possibly not very "legal" at worse. This is the main reason UOC does not support it.

Secondly, the UOAM server is very old and slow. It updates at a snail’s pace compared to UOC. I think the UOAM server updates maybe once every 2-3 seconds, which is terrible.

Yes, it is going to be a pain, but the server is still a work in progress and can be expanded and improved. I could even open the protocol so others can implement servers, or make a dedicated Linux one, all without being constrained by the legacy of UOAM.

UOC Server Does Nothing?
The UOC Server doesn't really "do" anything when running, you'll see stuff in the log window when people join/leave though. Make sure you set a port number (11000 for instance), it may not be set. Make sure you use the "exit" button to quit it, closing the window minimizes it to the clock area.

Additional UOC Server Details
Here's a brief rundown for everyone:

You first need to set a port, just pick 11000 since this seems to work, or another number if you like (say between 2000 and 65000). Check the Global Password box and type in a password. This is the simple way to use it which we'll stick to for now.

If you want guildies to connect you'll need to forward the port on your router/modem. This varies from model to model. Forward the port you chose to the internal IP of the PC running the server. To find the internal IP, go Start->Run type cmd and hit OK then type ipconfig it should show up there. Probably something like 192.168.x.x. Forward the port to that address and choose UDP or ANY for the Protocol or Type.

Now find out what your external IP is. There are plenty of websites that will do this. Give this external IP, the port and the password to your guildies and get them to enter it in the UOC options and check "Show Status". Then they can choose "Connect" and the little light should go green! The person running the server should use the internal IP instead of the external one.

UOCartographer Updates

0.9.8.1 Dec 22:
+ Minor performance improvement when connected to a server.

0.9.8.0 Dec 17:
+ Fix lat/long coordinates in Fel/Tram.
+ Find window extended to 3 tabs - "People & Places", "Lat & Long" and "X & Y". All work the same way and center the map on the chosen location (on the current facet). You can also tick the "Track?" button to get a destination pointer on the map that you can follow. (Use Clear Destination to get rid of it).
+ Installer will not overwrite icons.bmp or icons.txt if they exist.

0.9.6.8 Dec 12:
+ Fix several bugs introduced with the new filtering system.

0.9.6.7 Dec 11:
+ Adds a filter sub-menu so you can filter out specific map files (saves it too!)
+ Removes duplicate map markers at run-time (somewhat indiscriminately)
+ Fix for uncommon "WSACancelBlockingCall" bug
+ Something else which I have since forgotten....
- Removed map (marker) files from the installer.

0.9.6.6 Dec 5:
+Minor update for icons to make it easier to add custom ones. See this post: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost...&postcount=372

0.9.6.5 Dec 2:
+ Added "Disconnect", menu item, will switch depending on context
+ Disconnect on quitting UOC client
+ Fixed misspelt directory, may pause a bit first time you run it while it copies everything. Pray it works on Vista/Win7.
+ Log server info for client, in My Docs../UOCar../serverlog.txt
+ Updated server: tries to prevent multiple same users at once, sends version info, logs logoffs
* client is backwards compatible with older servers, server is NOT backwards compatible, as before. do not update server unless all clients are on 0.9.6.3 or later

0.9.6.4 Nov 27:
+ Fix crash when adding/removing markers

0.9.6.3 Nov 25:
+ Fix for installer on Vista/Win7, runs as admin by default
+ Fix for rectangular windows showing edges
+ Fix for window going off screen and saving that position
+ Fix for obscure invalid facet bug (needs more testing)
+ Fix for personal .map files crashing, maybe (needs more testing)
+ Can now edit and delete markers from within UOC
+ Adjustments to client/server protocol. New clients will work with older servers. New server will *NOT* work with older clients

B

Bluebie TEAM

I havent read through all the posts so Im not sure if this has already been mentioned. I think it would be great if there was an option to change your name to different colors and fonts. When a large group of people are in close range, its hard to decipher names!

C

Clair The Mystic

Please, sticky this thread. The program is great, especially on guild hunts when you have a server set up.

Cypher2

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know what happened to Kiwillian? He was working very hard on this program, it seems strange that he would just 'drop off the face of the earth' with-out so much as a good-bye post.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he still answers his mails and such, maybe the people who know him can suggest to him, making the project opensource. You know, just put it on sourceforge, post a link here and see what happens. Maybe someone else has the time and the skill to develop it further. Even small improvements would be well recieved I guess.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Representatives of EA/Mythic have directly told me that you will not be banned for using this and that I am free to distribute it. It does not sniff packets, read the clients memory or interfere in any way with the client."[/I] - Kiwillian (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1506213&postcount=1)
Aliens from Alpha Centaurus have directly told me that ...

oops, can we have a proof?
First, just so everyone is clear, the bit you quoted is a quote from the developer (NOT ME) of UOC and is from the 1st post in this thread. Second, nope... that is all there is. This was discussed at length in the first few pages of this thread. UOC is completely "Use At Your Own Risk". The post has been here for almost 6 months and viewed by over 33k people so if you want proof or even an official sanction, you may be waiting.

The original UOPro program was shut down many years ago and will most likely never see the light of day again. Kiwillian, the developer of UOC, has provided all the detail he can. If you are not comfortable using the application, then by all means don't use it. I use it from time-to-time and find it is the perfect replacement for UOAM, at least the way I used it.

*EDIT* I see you knew all this already as you made the same type of post on the first page of this thread. Still waiting I see...

M

Malafor

I keep getting disconnects on my UOC server that kicks people out randomly after a while (from 5 minutes to 40 minutes intervalls).

This is the message I recieve on the server screen:
invalid pos update/player logged out: name
Incorrect initial packet - dropping

Any idea how I can fix this so I stop getting disconnected?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove any previous versions of framework you can. Solved it for me. Very stable. I run my server 24/7 on an old (6-7 year) fully updated XP machine.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have asked about UOC in ask devs, still waiting.
Well that's good. Hopefully we will get something official. But frankly the silence on it, and the fact that this thread hasn't been locked and deleted, or moved to a hidden forum pretty much tells me that the devs don't have a problem with UOC. My guess is they haven't figured out a way to officially approve this app without creating problems for themselves with apps that are malicious.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried UOCartographer, it works great and no problems installing or using in windows 7.
works all facets and resize and zoom.
Iam a big fan of new UO programs that are being supported, as old uoam and uoAssist is getting too old for new computers and operating systems.

a few suggestions for UOCartographer though!

1: Tilt the map a few percent to the right so that its more consistent with the ingame map and world. (see pic, UO radar on left side, and UOCartographer on right side.)

2: Make the coordinates on map possible to turn on/off in the option menu.
3: Add labels for towns and dungeons, also on/off option in the menu
4: Take the good things from UOAM and incorporate it into UOCartographer

Thanks for the initiative, great program!

F

FoodStamp [GL]

Great program - thanks for taking it up!

I can't seem to get the labels to show for shops, towns, dungeons, points of interest, etc. How do I get these to show up?

F

FoodStamp [GL]

I guess that what I'm missing are the .MAP files from UOAM.

Does anybody have the .MAP files from UOAM & possibly a .MAP file for Ter-Mur?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The text of a Treasure map .MAP file is in the stickies of the Fishing & Treasure Hunting forum.

You have to paste the data into a .map file using notepad (remember to change the files to "all files" from ".TXT files" when using "save as" to make it preserve the .MAP extension, and not turn it into an unusable .map.txt file.

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say, if this has been asked before, I appologize. I did read through the 7 pages, and I didnt see anything, but I could've missed it.

I use both the EC and Classic Client, for different things. I really like UOC and would like to be able to use it with both clients. When I switch between clients now I have to rebuild the maps and when switching from EC to Classic it quite often messes up and takes me an hour or more to get it working again. Is there a way to do this easier?

I tried to install UOC in 2 different locations so I could have one for EC and one for classic, but that didnt work because they read the same saved info. Do you know if there is a way to change where the information is stored?

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First let me say, if this has been asked before, I appologize. I did read through the 7 pages, and I didnt see anything, but I could've missed it.

I use both the EC and Classic Client, for different things. I really like UOC and would like to be able to use it with both clients. When I switch between clients now I have to rebuild the maps and when switching from EC to Classic it quite often messes up and takes me an hour or more to get it working again. Is there a way to do this easier?

I tried to install UOC in 2 different locations so I could have one for EC and one for classic, but that didnt work because they read the same saved info. Do you know if there is a way to change where the information is stored?

Thank you in advance for any help on this.
Try this...

Right click map
go to "Options"
Check mark "Use Enhanced Client" and "Use EC Maps"

When you switch back to 2D, remove those checks.

I'm guessing you'll have to do this manually every time you switch clients. Hope this helps!

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this...

Right click map
go to "Options"
Check mark "Use Enhanced Client" and "Use EC Maps"

When you switch back to 2D, remove those checks.

I'm guessing you'll have to do this manually every time you switch clients. Hope this helps!
Thank you for the tip, but unfortunately this doesnt work :( After I check (or un-check) those boxes I have to close down UOC, re-start, redo all the maps and then it will work. Except when going from EC to 2D, then I usually end up having to do it a few times to get it to work.

Is switching back and forth supposed to be as easy as checking/un-checking the boxes? Oh, and more information, this is happening on 3 different computers (1 vista 64b, 1 vista 32b and 1 win 7 64b), I thought maybe it was just a bad install or something.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the tip, but unfortunately this doesnt work :( After I check (or un-check) those boxes I have to close down UOC, re-start, redo all the maps and then it will work. Except when going from EC to 2D, then I usually end up having to do it a few times to get it to work.

Is switching back and forth supposed to be as easy as checking/un-checking the boxes? Oh, and more information, this is happening on 3 different computers (1 vista 64b, 1 vista 32b and 1 win 7 64b), I thought maybe it was just a bad install or something.
I don't "believe" UOC was developed for on-the-fly switching between clients. It is my guess that most people are CC users or EC users with a group of people that use both, but typically favor one over the other. That is not to say that there are others (you for example) that don't use them more equally and based on what is being done in game. I think of it as two UOC's with shared resources. They get their data through completely different means and only the interface is common, the code-behind is different depending on the client you are using/telling it you are using. Right now it appears that UOC is designed to support either or, but not fast switching between the two. That is not to say that it couldn't in the future. Again I am guessing at this based on what I would have done and that by no means makes it correct or what has been done by Kiwi.

Kiwi has been MIA for several months now so I don't know if we can expect any more updates or not. Not a bad feature request though. :thumbup:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laurel - I'm sorry to hear that didn't work for you. I think Schuylers explanation is probably right. The only other thing I can think of is to go with your idea of installing the program twice. To install them in the same location, you would probably have to rename them during the download process. IE... something like... UOC2D/download/move icon to desktop, then attempt to download it again, rename it UOCEC/download/move icon to desktop and use them with the corresponding client.

I'm not certain it will work, but it might.

Sparrowhawkmk2

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully someone can help with this question:

2D - I create the server (good) I connect to the server (Good) my name pops up and tracks me (good)

EC - I create the server (good) I connect to the server (Good), my name does not pop up (Bad).

I use Vista. Run as Admin (everything). check use EC maps. DL'ed all latest .Net's. Even went to far as to downloading a new skin which supports UO Cart, and selecting it in the start options.

If I hit centre on player it takes the map to the top corner of Felluca map.

Any suggestions? or does UOCartographer no longer support EC?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
EC - I create the server (good) I connect to the server (Good), my name does not pop up (Bad).

I use Vista. Run as Admin (everything). check use EC maps. DL'ed all latest .Net's. Even went to far as to downloading a new skin which supports UO Cart, and selecting it in the start options.
Are you sure your custom UI loaded properly? I've had no problems with UO Cart tracking me in the EC with Lucis Interface.

Sparrowhawkmk2

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure your custom UI loaded properly? I've had no problems with UO Cart tracking me in the EC with Lucis Interface.
Ahh good, well at least I know someone has got it to work. Ill try this interface and get back to you, although it didnt work before the custom userface either.

Sparrowhawkmk2

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg I must have been so tired by the time I had finished. I just realised I only had the bottom check box checked for use EC maps. I needed to check the top one too ( I just guessed in my tired state of mind that it was for 2d.)

Got it working with both old and new clients. So if anyone needs some guidance while its fresh in my head....

U

uojedi69

i am having issues,
on freeshard, i am trying to see the names of the shops and ive tried everything
maybe something im missing?

im running around the game trying to find stuff and hitting shop after sahop and not working

E

eurin

I can't seem to get mine to follow me. I've tried launching UOA and UOC as admin, and both as normal. When I have them running with the same rights, it will get my location when I log in or change facets. It won't update my location otherwise. I found if play with certain things in UOA, like changing the self display feature, it will update my location.

Any ideas?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't seem to get mine to follow me. I've tried launching UOA and UOC as admin, and both as normal. When I have them running with the same rights, it will get my location when I log in or change facets. It won't update my location otherwise. I found if play with certain things in UOA, like changing the self display feature, it will update my location.

Any ideas?
Omg I must have been so tired by the time I had finished. I just realised I only had the bottom check box checked for use EC maps. I needed to check the top one too ( I just guessed in my tired state of mind that it was for 2d.)
Did you check the boxes?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Boxes are unchecked since I'm using Classic.
Right, teach me to offer an opinion without doing my research. I guess we're back to the usual suspects, is your .net Framework up to date?

R

roadmaster

i am having issues,
on freeshard, i am trying to see the names of the shops and ive tried everything
maybe something im missing?

im running around the game trying to find stuff and hitting shop after sahop and not working
you need to download the .Map files linked in an earlier post in this thread or just pull the .Map files from a UOAM Installation. The .Map files will need to be placed into your UoCartography Installation Folder, not the Documents\UoCartography Folder.

roadmaster

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the developer ever coming back? So we can fix the bugs and get features upgraded to UOAM level at least?

Or someone contact the developer and ask them to please make it open source so others can help.

E

eurin

Right, teach me to offer an opinion without doing my research. I guess we're back to the usual suspects, is your .net Framework up to date?
Actually found the solution by accident. I turned to the Classic theme (Windows 7) in order to run a Matlab script in the background while I was playing (research work). While in the Classic theme, UOcartographer now keeps my location updated on its own.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/244472

I can't play right now, but when I get back I'll try out "disable desktop configuration" method, I was intending to update my java engine in Matlab, but this sounds like the solution that will apply to UOcartographer.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me the problem with this? I cant figure it out :(

Code:
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
   at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
   at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()
Abit more info.

I have .Net Framework 4.0
Running Windows XP Pro 32bit