• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good grief folks, most of these redundant questions could have been handled in PM. "Mines broke? It is what's wrong" Well, it's broken. Oh ok, then do this. That didnt work! It didn't? No it didnt. Hrm, it worked for me."

As for the app itself and the OP. Thanks for your hard work, I don't care for it myself, mainly because I used UOAM for house tracking on various shards, and since that's not working, and you aren't bothering to answer when or why, I'll just say, thanks again for the effort..

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good grief folks, most of these redundant questions could have been handled in PM. "Mines broke? It is what's wrong" Well, it's broken. Oh ok, then do this. That didnt work! It didn't? No it didnt. Hrm, it worked for me."

As for the app itself and the OP. Thanks for your hard work, I don't care for it myself, mainly because I used UOAM for house tracking on various shards, and since that's not working, and you aren't bothering to answer when or why, I'll just say, thanks again for the effort..
:mf_prop:
It has been stated multiple times within this thread that UOAssist is what feeds UOAM the house tracking info and that as soon as the developer of UOAssist fixes the issue UOAM and UOC will begin displaying the house tracking info again. Also, at this time, the EC does not provide accss to this info so it may never be available using the EC.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do i get updates for UOC if i already have it installed

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do i get updates for UOC if i already have it installed
You need to do it manually at this point. Look at the version number of your current install and then check the site or the first post in this thread for the most recent version. The most recent version is from December 22 2009.

Updates
0.9.6.3 Nov 25:
+ Fix for installer on Vista/Win7, runs as admin by default
+ Fix for rectangular windows showing edges
+ Fix for window going off screen and saving that position
+ Fix for obscure invalid facet bug (needs more testing)
+ Fix for personal .map files crashing, maybe (needs more testing)
+ Can now edit and delete markers from within UOC
+ Adjustments to client/server protocol. New clients will work with older servers. New server will *NOT* work with older clients

0.9.6.4 Nov 27:
+ Fix crash when adding/removing markers

0.9.6.5 Dec 2:
+ Added "Disconnect", menu item, will switch depending on context
+ Disconnect on quitting UOC client
+ Fixed misspelt directory ( ), may pause a bit first time you run it while it copies everything. Pray it works on Vista/Win7
+ Log server info for client, in My Docs../UOCar../serverlog.txt
+ Updated server: tries to prevent multiple same users at once, sends version info, logs logoffs
* client is backwards compatible with older servers, server is NOT backwards compatible, as before. do not update server unless all clients are on 0.9.6.3 or later

0.9.6.6 Dec 5:
+Minor update for icons to make it easier to add custom ones. See this post: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost...&postcount=372

0.9.6.7 Dec 11:
+ Adds a filter sub-menu so you can filter out specific map files (saves it too!)
+ Removes duplicate map markers at run-time (somewhat indiscriminately)
+ Fix for uncommon "WSACancelBlockingCall" bug
+ Something else which I have since forgotten....
- Removed map (marker) files from the installer.

0.9.6.8 Dec 12:
+ Fix several bugs introduced with the new filtering system.

0.9.8.0 Dec 17:
+ Fix lat/long coors in Fel/Tram.
+ Find window extended to 3 tabs - "People & Places", "Lat & Long" and "X & Y". All work the same way and center the map on the chosen location (on the current facet). You can also tick the "Track?" button to get a destination pointer on the map that you can follow. (Use Clear Destination to get rid of it).
+ Installer will not overwrite icons.bmp or icons.txt if they exist.

0.9.8.1 Dec 22:
+ Minor performance improvement when connected to a server.
If you are not using the current version simply download the newest and install over top your existing version.

Best of luck

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will we ever be allowed to fullscreen or adjust the window size of the map to something other than what it is currently?

If it slows down someones computer, then they can adjust it back down to whatever size their computer can handle. As it was the last time I updated, maximized it only fills a square that is only 1/4 the size of my widescreen.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.6 Dec 5, re-read OP first]

Friend of mine is trying to set up a server with UOC and upon hitting connect gets this message...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

...and so on.

The IP addy is correct. What's the deal?

W

waldoalso

Wow,thank you for this Kiwi! It works great.
:thumbup:
Is there someplace we can make a paypal donation to defray some of your costs for making this ?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.6 Dec 5, re-read OP first]

Friend of mine is trying to set up a server with UOC and upon hitting connect gets this message...

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

...and so on.

The IP addy is correct. What's the deal?
Been said a few times, but is his .net Framework up to date?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright! Finally... Time to test out UOC!!! Got my new computer last week, just got done installing all the main programs and customizations I needed. I'll give my feedback here in a couple days! :thumbup:

O

OxAO

can this be locked to the top please. i am showing a new player returning and would like easy access to this.

thanks

W

wrekognize

I have yet to get a server working. I have done all the steps suggested in this thread, but it still doesn't work. Does anyone host a server where individual passwords can be created for seperate guilds? I know UOAM used to have these. I'd really like to get this going for my guild.

O

OxAO

wrekognize are you able to start the server on your end where the red dot turns green?
I made the mistake not putting in my internal IP address for my own use and the external IP address for others.

C

COCOPUFF641

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

WTFFF

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

WTFFF
You need to download/update your Microsoft .NET Framework. There are links earlier in this thread with links and so on.

W

wrekognize

wrekognize are you able to start the server on your end where the red dot turns green?
I made the mistake not putting in my internal IP address for my own use and the external IP address for others.
no, the server never starts. the dot never turns green. I input my external IP address also. Not sure what the deal is.

Y

yukimimiya

I have two feature request.
I'm a miner, and lumberjucker.
So I want X-Ray view, and 8x8 grid map.

For implement grid map, I've tryed to analize
My Documents\UOCartographer\*.bmp files.
I think they are NOT standard BMP format.

Does anyone describe thier format? Please...

Thanks.

S

Slab Hardbody

I keep getting the msg:

I've tried reinstalling, and yet get this msg. I'm running XP, and even tried running it as admin.

Any suggestions?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I keep getting the msg:

I've tried reinstalling, and yet get this msg. I'm running XP, and even tried running it as admin.

Any suggestions?

So far the solution to the "MissingMethodException" has been to download/redownload and install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 (or higher) framework from Microsoft.

.NET 2.0 SP2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...58-915B-4EB5-9B1D-10E506DA9D0F&displaylang=en

I have also heard that .NET 3.5 SP1 works as well:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...2F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

Best of luck!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why hasn't this been stickied? And better yet, why isn't this in Stratics' list of tools and downloads?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why hasn't this been stickied? And better yet, why isn't this in Stratics' list of tools and downloads?
Still in Beta, technically.

Heh...I say that as though I knew that this was the reason why. I can't possibly know that.

Let me rephrase:

To explain why it isn't in the list of tools and downloads, it could be that the program is still technically in Beta.

To explain why it isn't stickied....You're on your own.

-Galen's player

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
While not positive it may be that it has not been approved as a third party program! again this is just a guess! not sure exactly how it interacts with the game!
also i believe the author would need to approve!

B

BlackMagus

Great tool, thanks a lot!

How do I set per-user passwords? I can see there is serverusers.xml, but what is the format for user entries? Or am I just too dumb to use the GUI to add the users? :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While not positive it may be that it has not been approved as a third party program! again this is just a guess! not sure exactly how it interacts with the game!
It doesn't hack memory or intercept packets from what I understand, and Kiwillian has been told unofficially that the devs have no problem with it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're a mod.

As a mod, do you really think Stratics would allow a 7-page discussion of an illegal/disallowed program?

-Galen's player

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of the author, where IS Kwillian? He hasn't posed in the thread since 1/22/10.

I'm not knocking him, he's made a great program... Just thought there were supposed to be some changes after the new year rolled around...

L

Lady_Mina

UoCartographer is not on the approved list (yet)...but then again they can't expect us to keep working with UOAM that hasn't been updated since...2006(?)

....and doesn't even have ter-mur on it's facet list...that is IF you get your UOAM to work wich most people can't since it refuses to run without 2 of the 4 updates it cannot seem to get.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UoCartographer is not on the approved list (yet)...but then again they can't expect us to keep working with UOAM that hasn't been updated since...2006(?)

....and doesn't even have ter-mur on it's facet list...that is IF you get your UOAM to work wich most people can't since it refuses to run without 2 of the 4 updates it cannot seem to get.
The manufacturer of UO:C has stated clearly that he set up the program to not violate any of EA's rules.

Here's his quote, directly from the first post in this very thread:

< legalese >
Disclaimer:

While this program is currently not officially or publically endorsed or approved by EA/Mythic, you are free to use it without repercussion. If you have any problems, do not contact EA/Mythic about it, they DO NOT provide support for this or any other 3rd party program.

Representitives of EA/Mythic have directly told me that you will not be banned for using this and that I am free to distribute it. It does not sniff packets, read the clients memory or interfere in any way with the client.
< /legalese >
Here is the direct link to the post with that quote, if you don't believe me.

So, as is the case with ICQ or Inside UO, it doesn't need to be on the approved list because only programs that violate the rules even need to be worried about.

There's a popular speedhack program that speeds up your processor. People tried to argue that it shouldn't be illegal to use with UO because all it did was speed up your own processor! But EA (specifically Wilki, but this was a long time ago, during his first stint as a UO team member, not the current stint) has stated that it also does other things, and it's the other things that make it illegal to use. (Whether they are right or not is less relevant right now than the reasons they are using to justify their judgment.)

So either UO:C's manufacturer is:

• lying;
  • and has successfully fooled Stratics (which has specific rules against discussing illegal 3rd party programs);
  • and EA hasn't said anything in months even though they obviously could and have every right to, and every reason to do so because he's directly said he's contacted them and if it were a lie they'd have every reason for coming after him for this,

or, more likely, he is telling the truth.

Now, granted, EA can change its own rules at any time with or without notice.

But.....Come on now.

-Galen's player

C

CheesePlant

Is it just me or is UOcart completely blank? I've filtered town and my markers and I only see mine. Its like theres no default ones? I downloaded uocart again last weekend, still blank?

B

BlackMagus

Is it just me or is UOcart completely blank? I've filtered town and my markers and I only see mine. Its like theres no default ones? I downloaded uocart again last weekend, still blank?
UOC does not ship with default markers. I recommend adding the UOAM set, just download http://uoam.net/uoam.zip , copy all included *.MAP files into the installation directory, and restart UOC.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok I am sure this has already been asked, but I run on the normal client and after I download and install UOC when I double click to run it I get an error message stating " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I am using windows XP and I have no clue how to get it up and running... Can anyone give me a few hints?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok I am sure this has already been asked, but I run on the normal client and after I download and install UOC when I double click to run it I get an error message stating " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application. I am using windows XP and I have no clue how to get it up and running... Can anyone give me a few hints?
If this is the error message I'm thinking of, go to the Windows update site, make sure you have the latest version of the Microsoft .net Framework.

-Galen's player

D

dklepk

this error has been but on here once allready just couldnt find an asnwer to it soo ill ask again:)

K

Kizlo

I just installed UOCartographer and added the Treasure maps. Everything is sorta working except it wont stay tracking my player. I right click it it shows me in malas so i go to facute And click back to trammel it will then pop back on my player. As soon as i take a step it rubberbands back to malus. Is there any way u can tell me how to fix this issue i am trying to make a rune liberary and i need these spots asap ( t Map ). Thx again and happy Loots

R

Reximus

I just installed UOCartographer and added the Treasure maps. Everything is sorta working except it wont stay tracking my player. I right click it it shows me in malas so i go to facute And click back to trammel it will then pop back on my player. As soon as i take a step it rubberbands back to malus. Is there any way u can tell me how to fix this issue i am trying to make a rune liberary and i need these spots asap ( t Map ). Thx again and happy Loots
Atleast on 2D, UOAssist only sends the facet to UOC when you change map, so when you start UOC it'll show the last map you were on, so you can either recall to a different facet, or set the map manually and then restart UOC and it should stay on that map.

M

mr crabs

do u have uoassist? it needs it to track u

Raze(tmg)

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello there

im having a few proberlems with this and would like any advice anyone can give

right i downloaded the set up file and when i go to run it it says converting but then all i get is it lagging up my comp and crashing.

im using windows xp home edition on my comp.
tryied reinstalling a few times still dont work.
ive downloaded all the maps that was on uoaddicts and put them in the uocart folder thats in my documents.

so if anyone can help me pls do

thxs in advance
Raze

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question - is there a reason why my version of UOC is showing the locations of defunct Haven, and not New Haven's shops and moongate?
Because I hadn't updated the files to have New Haven since I already had that NewHaven.MAP file from years ago and didn't want to redo it. Next version of my labeling updates will have New Haven finished.

As we have gotten almost 3 months without the update, here's the New Haven map data from the unsupported fixes for UOAM (the data itself is legal - the hack to UOAM to make it show the New Haven terrain was less so).

For those wanting to add the data, just copy and rename one of the existing .map files as "newhaven.map" or whatever you like, and paste this over the original content in the copy.

Code:
-point of interest: 3746 2576 2 Archer Targets
-bowyer: 3745 2585 2 Archers
-armourers guild: 3534 2543 2 Armorer
-provisioner: 3508 2553 2 Bag of Many Things
-baker: 3463 2577 2 Bakery
-stable: 3531 2576 2 Bit and Bridle
-illusionists guild: 3461 2566 2 The Bottled Imp
-other: 3752 2703 2 Brigands
-other: 3752 2661 2 Brigands
-other: 3716 2684 2 Brigands
-illusionists guild: 3503 2423 2 Bushido dojo
-point of interest: 3603 2494 2 Companions' Hall
-other: 3631 2568 2 Dark Knight The Challenger of Ol'Haven
-other: 3652 2517 2 Drelgor the Impaler spawn
-tailor: 3496 2552 2 Finely Woven
-blacksmith: 3470 2540 2 Forge and Anvil
-inn: 3506 2518 2 Gentle Rest
+moongate: 3763 2771 2 Haven Moongate
-healer: 3463 2558 2 Healers of New Haven
-point of interest: 3503 2741 2 Miners' Camp
-illusionists guild: 3555 2457 2 Necromancer Tower
+town: 3480 2552 2 New Haven
-bank: 3486 2571 2 New Haven Bank
-shipwright: 3494 2591 2 New Haven Bay Port Authority
-docks: 3511 2601 2 New Haven Docks
-mage: 3477 2496 2 New Haven Magery School
-illusionists guild: 3421 2519 2 Ninjitsu dojo
+town: 3650 2560 2 Old Haven
-docks: 3655 2665 2 Old Haven Docks
-bard: 3415 2602 2 The Proscenium
+Body of Water: 3564 2675 0 Salt Lake
-tinker: 3458 2526 2 Springs N Things
-point of interest: 3782 2522 2 Statue of Helios
-tanner: 3446 2606 2 Thick Hide
-point of interest: 3732 2583 2 Training Dummies
-carpenter: 3443 2638 2 The West Mill

Ansatsu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten this to run with two people in the same house? I have two computers on the same router and I can only get one to connect to a server and the other can not..

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

B

BlackMagus

Has anyone gotten this to run with two people in the same house? I have two computers on the same router and I can only get one to connect to a server and the other can not..

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
The protocol structure does not prohibit two NATed clients accessing an outside server.

Either you have a difference on one of the PC setups (firewall etc.) or, but I would not expect this, your router has a problem.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you actually get a server for this?

And how do you connect to eachother?

And also, how do I get markers like there were in UOAM for like cities, places of interest, etc.?

O

OxAO

Where do you actually get a server for this?

And how do you connect to eachother?

And also, how do I get markers like there were in UOAM for like cities, places of interest, etc.?
sever is downloaded when you got the map. click start, UOCartographer, then find the server.

instructions are here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1508154&postcount=181

but I have only gotten one person to log in three others could not.

I had them download the latest version but nothing I tried could get them connected. I can log to other peoples servers but not the other way around except for one person.

Post #641 Kiwillian was able to get the log information for buildings for newhaven. BTW - the Map file Kiwillian is referring to is the one in UOcarto not at EA games which are photo-shop files.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Kat...but how do you do the server? I can't seem to find any server software or a way to set up the program itself to be a server.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Kat...but how do you do the server? I can't seem to find any server software or a way to set up the program itself to be a server.
You're welcome!

As for the server, the co-leader of our guild is running ours, so I'm not very familiar with it. It looks fairly straightforward, though. Go to Program files/UOCartographer folder and you should see UOCServer.exe. Open it/click options/type in the IP for the machine you plan to run it on/set global password.

Send the port, IP and password to guildies.

PS.. Make sure you don't have a map already running when you try to set up the server. That locked up my machine bigtime! lol

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what would be a really cool addition to the program?

If you could add markers to the server and then the markers were shared to all who connects, that would be extremely handy.

A

AdamD

Has a lot of potential, great work.

I can't seem to get the individual user/login bit to work though, the login with global password seems to work though

When I run the server and click options, the "Users" box is greyed out, with no option of adding/removing users.