• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM & UOCART ........

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do i modify shortcut to my path?
There is 2 shortcuts included in the folder. Doesn't matter which one you use (only need one of them).
- Right click the shortcut (identifiable by the shortcut-arrow icon in bottom left of the icon)
- Properties
- Update "target" to the path of uoam.exe (maintain the " -q")
- Update "start in" to the root path of uoam

Example:
you have your uoam in D:\uoam
target is: D:\uoam\uoam.exe
start in is D:\uoam

Dante1337

Adventurer
There is 2 shortcuts included in the folder. Doesn't matter which one you use (only need one of them).
- Right click the shortcut (identifiable by the shortcut-arrow icon in bottom left of the icon)
- Properties
- Update "target" to the path of uoam.exe (maintain the " -q")
- Update "start in" to the root path of uoam

Example:
you have your uoam in D:\uoam
target is: D:\uoam\uoam.exe
start in is D:\uoam
Ok I did all that but its still launching the launcher which fails but still lets me start auto map which is working and tracking me but still doesnt show icons for shop or banks etc. Under places tab i haveshow labels and show shops by catagory checked. when i go to filter the whole pane under catagory is blank. Am i missing a file or does it show these on hosted maps, as i was usually on a guilds uoam back when i used to play.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the shortcut you edited to launch it? can move it to where it is convenient to you.

Xanthos

Visitor
Links to the modified uo automap files is broken. Anyone have a good link to these files so I can get out of the black map? thanks!

Xanthos

Visitor
Oops my bad - a blank web page comes up but, unknown to me, the files were downloaded to my Downloads directory. Sorry for the noise, carry on...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to bypass updateace. By adding " -q" to the target of a shortcut to uoam.

If you downloaded package from this thread, then there should already be one in the package, though the path may need to be adjusted to you actual one.

RessMePlz

Journeyman
You need to bypass updateace. By adding " -q" to the target of a shortcut to uoam.

If you downloaded package from this thread, then there should already be one in the package, though the path may need to be adjusted to you actual one.
Tnx I’ll try ASAP!

Dexxah

Visitor
upload_2019-1-16_23-58-12.png

My UOAM does not seem to work well. Im in Trammel New Haven but map says something else.
Cant find the right solution.

Anyone know what to do?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
View attachment 91893

My UOAM does not seem to work well. Im in Trammel New Haven but map says something else.
Cant find the right solution.

Anyone know what to do?
UOAM & UOCART ........

Post # 78
*footnote*

I didn't think manual calibration worked anymore up until today but then someone in my alliance said that she was able to see automap track her even though she doesn't run uoasssist which piqued my interest

so after some research, I found out how to get manual calibration working again

first, I tried trammel, then malas, then ilshenar but none of them worked ... so ... I went to the lost lands

to be exact, I typed "papua mint" to a crystal portal and then didn't move from the spot I came in

next, I double clicked the sextant in my pack ... noted the coordinates and then entered them into manual calibration - being very careful to select "The Lost Lands" from the dropdown list

manual calibration is only visible when the map has the border around it and the menu at the top that says "File Zoom Places Map UO Link Help" - it's under "UO" and it says "Calibrate"

even though it gave me an error message that calibration failed, it still worked and now tracks my character properly even without uoassist working and seems to remember after shutting automap down the restarting it

also, it tracks whichever client is topmost (which is a very nice feature) - unless 1 of the clients is running uoassist - in which case, I think it always tracks the uoassist client but I haven't tested that at all yet

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have had UOAM working now since 2015 thanks to this thread but didn't use it often because I play on a Mac through Crossover and, though UOA works fine, adding anything else can sometimes cause problems.

Now that I am doing treasure maps and fishing, I find myself using UOAM much more often but am having an issue. I'm not sure if this went on before or not because of the little I used UOAM, but the issue is that when I enter a different facet, say from Felucca to Malas, UOAM doesn't identify the change in facet and retains the map of the previous facet. There is a fix: manually change facet from the worlds drop down menu... but is there a way for UOAM to identify the difference and make the change on its own?

I think I remember it working fine before, but am not sure as I used the program so sparingly. I did read this whole thread looking for an answer (Drakelord did mention having this same issue a few pages up but there was no response). Any help is appreciated. Thanks. @Kojak

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so you're saying that you use uoassist (UOA in your post) - that usually switches the facet properly - I'm assuming that you've already thought about all the "run as administrator" issues for all the programs involved? - that's all I can think of off the top of my head - it should track you across facets if you have uoassist going

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the last posted / updated map files. Even use UoAssist since I still had my key / seed from the early days of the program. Anyway, I remember reading that UoAM by itself didn't seem to track player movements on it's own like it use to and that UoA was recommended to help with that hence me using it (UoA) again.

Anyway, with or without UoA, UoAM doesn't seem to track my player movements and trying to calibrate gives a popup. Anyone else having similar issues with UoAM / UoA and can maybe help me out here.

Or at the very least tekk me your opinion on I think Cartographer which if i"m not mistaken was supposed to be UoAM's replacement but crappy one I think it was mentioned.

Ty.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never did post back but turns out I wasn't running as admin lol

Also, I noticed that unlike way back when, the map doesn't have the little shop icons / seem to show houses when using UOA like it use to. Not sure what's missing other than I think the simple shop labels since when going to that one menu area, nothings there.

To get 100% of the OLD UOAM look and feel back, what all am I missing besides I guess all the shop labels. I thought I had downloaded everything I needed from the thread here. But either I missed something or someone never posted something for me to possibly miss, Ty.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, can someone remind of of what setting, either in UOA or UOAM, that showed something like (x) above your players head in the game where 'x' would represent the number of I guess "ticks" away from your marked spot. I remember this coming in handy when trying to zone in on the right spot for an SOS.

Ty.

Edit: Pretty sure I didn't dream this up, but didn't it also use to drop a line on the game screen. Similar to whats seen when looking at UOAM itself when tracking to a set location ?

Last edited:

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, I noticed that unlike way back when, the map doesn't have the little shop icons / seem to show houses when using UOA like it use to. Not sure what's missing other than I think the simple shop labels since when going to that one menu area, nothings there.
Things populating the map may be set to show their information at certain depth ranges but not others. For example, one may set up shops to show their names at 1x zoom or greater, but not less. To see this for yourself, go to the Places tab and choose Edit or Go To Labels... from there, choose the Filter tab and notice that each entry has a Minimum Zoom which denotes from that minimum zoom its information will become visible; this can be edited and personalized.

Also, can someone remind of of what setting, either in UOA or UOAM, that showed something like (x) above your players head in the game where 'x' would represent the number of I guess "ticks" away from your marked spot. I remember this coming in handy when trying to zone in on the right spot for an SOS.
When one right clicks anywhere on the map, one has the option to Drop or Pickup Marker. Doing this will create a line with one end being where ones avatar stands and its other end being the destination; on the lower right area of the UOAM screen, the amount of tiles which the current distance equals is displayed.

Hope those help.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent that these programs can still be used. My thanks!
I've one question though. If I'm not mistaken, long time ago, there was also a possibility to place an 8x8 grid over the map. This grid is still practical for mining.
I'm using UO Automap. Can anyone please tell me how to activate this grid, if it still exists?

LadyHavoc

Visitor
Thank you, Thank you! I was able to get it and get it to work! And a big thank you to Kojak for keeping this working! I shall no longer be lost in the dark lol

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have the tol expansion yet.

But can someone currently using this let me know if those lands are included or if I need to find and add some map files, ty.

Hoping to be able to spare the $20 + tax for that next month.

Ty.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did a major but not so major upgrade on my system. Almost done mimicking the old one in terms of how its setup etc.

But I'm failing on one thing, while I have UoAM working, I forgot how I need to flag the path to disable the update ace check.

Short of running the entire alphabet, all I remember is the minus (-) sign.

Anyone remember what that was short of me checking every single reply here lmao

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am having a problem with UOAM. Areas like Fel, Malas, TerMur are blacked out, Only Tram is visible?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
New install ? Sounds like bad or missing map files which are all provided here in the post somewhere.
no, no new install. It was working fine just the other day, last night was the first time I had this problem, I was thinking the very same thing to just download the files again.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, no new install. It was working fine just the other day, last night was the first time I had this problem, I was thinking the very same thing to just download the files again.
That's what I would go with, because if it's not a new install. Then something really bad went wrong.

kaczka

Visitor
ok, so I am using the UOAM files linked above and the program is running fine and tracking me but all of the labels are gone. I have "show labels" selected but none of the labels for cities, shops, dungeons etc are showing. what am I doing wrong?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
check to see if Show shops by name is also checked
2-1-210004.jpg
Or show shops by category
2-1-210005.jpg

I am having a problem with UOAM. Areas like Fel, Malas, TerMur are blacked out, Only Tram is visible?
Sounds like your map files are missing. UOAM uses the old map files or at least point it to their directory of location. There are a lot of good google references for blacked out UOAM map files.. Better then i can explain, but if your still having issues, let me know (PM) and will try to help you out!

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember not getting labels to show but never asked... gonna check those 2 named settings myself.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, my map tracks but I don't even have the sign icons. But I do have as u can see the two named settings ticked.

Sorry to just jump in like this but the subject matter caught my attention.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's the .map files from Kojak's version of UOAM (they should work, but display differently, with UOCart). Plus a couple of variant folders that I use (The SOS and possibly one of the Treasure folders are from pasting from my spreadsheet (UOAM/UOCart Spreadsheet for creating coordinate data)

There's a LOT of Duplication between several of the files (and a number of Typos from Belxan's era), and they could really use tidying up.

For some of the files, you might have to create files with the .map extension (possibly using command prompt or powershell, or by copying existing .map files and renaming them), copy the data from the Google files, and pasting in, to make your own copies.