• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Singapore outing, 20 Nov at BBOSS Cafe Dhoby Ghuat 2pm - 5pm!

C

Cory

CK, count me in.

I got something on later but i can pop down for awhile
to see everyone's face /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

C

CitizenKane2

I have to say that I am disappointed that Ms Diana (who works for EA Singapore) is unable to attend the UO Players' Gathering on 20 November 2004.

This is the e-mail I sent to her today (after my brief telephone conversation with her) :

<blockquote>Dear Diana,

I refer to our telephone conversation a short while ago (16 Nov 2004).

I am disappointed that you are unable to attend the informal UO Players' gathering on 20 November 2004 (organised and sponsered by Adrian and myself, at our expense). It would haver been a great opportunity for you to get to know the Singapore UO players - and an opportunity for EA Singapore to show some support for the subscribers of UO (which is, after all, an EA product).

Nevertheless, I hope that in the near future, EA Singapore can do more to cultivate / encourage / support the UO community in Singpaore, which can only increase the number of subscribers to UO in Singapore.

I should also add there are a few UO Players who are resident in Malaysia but who are attending the outing on 20 November.</blockquote>

The final list of attendees for the outing on 20 Nov 2004 :

(1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) belldandy2k4
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski
(7) Killio (?)
(8) SalamancaWitch
(9) Magia16
(10) LAH Architect
(11) Takameshi
(12) hellwolf
(13) - (18) dran &amp; friends, including CWS.
(19) Sims
(20) &amp; (21) Takameshi's brother and faqur
(22) My brother (Char name Gra'ce)
(23) Roxy
(24) - (27) Ganjakru, Lancelot, Warshock and Nemesis
(28) FelSpark
(29) Majesto
(30) IcyRaine
(31) BBSheep.
(32) Yang (Geogorian)
(33) Sparkz
(34) Jeno
(35) Iolo
(36) Freddy
(37) Cory
(38) Dragon / Kira
(39) vispera
(40) Merlin
(41) Roy01
(42) &amp; (43) Koghan &amp; Candy

Thornwind and myself look forward to meeting all of you at the outing. (Cory, you're no. 37 in the list, in case you're looking).

Don't forget - it's this coming Saturday ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

And yes, someone bring a camera / camera phone etc. I can post pics of the outing if you send the image files to me. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

B

Babablacksheep

yo, CK. better check with Thorn again. looks like you might have missed a couple of guys or something. thought cao cao was going?

T

Thornwind

Sorry CK, Cao Cao is going and yes, he is an idiot. Heh

Thornwind

C

CitizenKane2

Ok, Cao Cao is no. 44. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I did check over the previous list and the intervening posts - I think some posts back I asked for confirmation frpm Cao Cao ? If I received no confirmation, I assumed the player was not going /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I hope I didn't miss anyone else. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

A

AmInEsT

Muahahaha...

C O U N T D O W N.... 3 more days...

Hehehe, guys dun get too excited.. =X

I

icyraine

new changes to loot roxxers :p

but .. old bugs still not fixed and corrections not done
( wrestling , nervestrike , archery fire on the fly )

finally they believe in the insurance bug and asking for help /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

Lameski

CK, I have a business trip to Malaysia tomorrow ... if nothing goes wrong I will be back by Friday night. But *touch wood* if I need to extend my stay I will miss the outing.

S

Spore

Hi I am S'pore Vampyre of Pacific Shard, Ex GM of CDR Guild / Curretn GM of Asia

I Wonder did CWS Group includes ME "Spore Vamp" and my Girlfriend?

Haha after playing UO for abt 3yrs++ now got an outing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif i be there !!!!

C

CitizenKane2

I have no idea /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif Both of you are more than welcomed to attend /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

crydz

wow so many ppl....how can forget about me...count me in
wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!

M

Merlin_SG

This is going to be so crowded....omg
Why didnt anybody think of doing up a t-shirt or something so all can wear on that day! Would be cool! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Spore

I will bring camera but my memory card only 8mb nia, sian sia. If only all digital hardware uses the same memory card ar bo i no need 2 waste $$ to buy diff types of M cards.

Also I know that me (Spore Vampyre) my GF (Starlite) and two of my Friends also play UO in PAcific are coming hope they dun tua me.

Lets make this SAT (2molo) a nice &amp; memorable outing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

dran

CK,

Rather than just set as "dran and friends - including CWS".
Let me give u a name list /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

13) dran
14) hui (my gf who plays UO too)
15) CWS
16) OrAnGe (CWS's gf who plays UO too)
17) Spore
18) Starlite (Spore's gf who plays UO too)

Also we've recently found out that there's a Pacific player who's an expat living in Singapore. We've invited him along.

Please include him as well, his nick is gushnuf.

Appreciate the help /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Ok, reminder - the UO Gathering is TOMORROW !! (20 Sat)

Athough I'm coming from work, I should be at the venue promptly at 2:00 pm (I hope).

Updated list of attendees :

(1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) belldandy2k4
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski (Hope you can make it back in time from your business trip /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(7) Killio (?)
(8) SalamancaWitch
(9) Magia16
(10) LAH Architect
(11) Takameshi
(12) hellwolf
(13) dran
(14) CWS
(15) hui
(16) OrAnGe
(17) Spore
(18) Starlite
(19) Sims
(20) &amp; (21) Takameshi's brother and faqur
(22) My brother (Char name Gra'ce)
(23) Roxy
(24) - (27) Ganjakru, Lancelot, Warshock and Nemesis
(28) FelSpark
(29) Majesto
(30) IcyRaine
(31) BBSheep.
(32) Yang (Geogorian)
(33) Sparkz
(34) Jeno
(35) Iolo
(36) Freddy
(37) Cory
(38) Dragon / Kira
(39) vispera
(40) Merlin
(41) Roy01
(42) Koghan
(43) Candy
(44) Cao Cao
(45) gushnuf

Thornwind and myself (the sponsers for this outing) look forward to meeting all of you at the outing. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

D

dran

Thanks for the amendment CK /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Hope to see you all there too, i cant wait ..

I won't be working tomorrow (5 day work week), so i'll be there on time.

G

Greeting everyone, Just wonder anyone meeting up or wan to meet up together and go there. I think me and a few guildmate of my is meeting up. So anyone want to join us and go there together. :)
CK you going there earlier hehe?????

A

AmInEsT

Hehehe.. CK, this time the table is booked the name of Christopher again?.. or Thorn's name?.. Heheheh.. I wanna meet ppl up first before I proceed to the venue, so boring to walk there alone..

Jason n some others are meetin at the dough B God Mrt.. Well, what say u?..

C

CitizenKane2

The places are booked in the name of "Adrian".

As I'm coming from work, I doubt I can meet up at a different venue before BBoss. I'll probably have to rush to BBoss fromthe office.

D

dage

hi kane, hm I wish i can go but too bad cant cos my cable connection down and the technician will come at 11.30am to 1.30pm to check .
anway , BBOSS cafe at Dhoby Ghuat is where? The one at Plaza Singapura or the new building beside PS?
haiz... timing not right leh haiz.... sianz....

C

CitizenKane2

Don't worry, Dage - you can come to the next outing. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

By the way, this is the second UO outing. The first one was in August (I sponsered that one - about 20+ players turned up).

The second one - this coming one on 20 Nov - looks like it'll have a much larger turn out. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

D

dage

hi, ohh 2nd liao ar? icic
aiya got markan right? I want eat eat eat ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif
anyway, I will go to Sim Lim Square tomorrow so I will see how maybe can go hehehe.

A

AmInEsT

Hehehe.. Do come la.. Sim Lim to BBoss Cafe, 10++ mins bus ride nia.. Take 65 stop at Park Mall, cross over the traffic light.. den walk thru the MRT shelter (dun cross the road here, turn to ur left n walk straight up.. u will see a garden cafe over here on ur left, that's BBoss Cafe)...

Hrm.. Actually BBoss is sorta like opposite of Main Entrance of Istana n PS, somewhere in the middle of this 2 structure.. =P

Hehehe, I can smell 40+ odd ppl comin over man.. loL

S

Spore

I am Spore

My two friends who are coming are Ken aka "Sepiroth" &amp; Yang "Naruto"

T

Thornwind

Heh yes the booking is under my name. I've seen gushnuf in pacific, he was previously Inch in game.

I'm gonna be like CK and will be in office too. Will be rushing down as well so cya all there!

Thornwind

R

roy01

Ermmm ...

This is a large crowd ... And since i only know Khelleck and Lah Architect (met them in Sim Lim while collecting the new expansion), I dont think I will be unable to find you all.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

L

LAH Architect

Carry your Spellbook and wear your Magi Hat. The Pure white version only ok. We make sure none of the others wear that. @@

K

khellek

Oh my god, UO cosplay at BBoss??

CK, you wearing your wizard hat and robe plus holding the 64 spells spellbook right? You should, then people can recognise you easily :p

C

CitizenKane2

This is not ... Japan, Khellek. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

No, I'm not wearing any of that stuff - not today /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif. But I will be bringing along some stickers and a marker, so everyone can write their name and stick it on their shirt/blouse/robe/whatever. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif

G

Ganjakru

Hahah like some kind of Alcholic/smokers/druggie group counselling session lol

A

AmInEsT

Hee.. CK, there is a last min changes.. Could my brother attend for the gathering later on?.. but it's only for like a short while, coz he wanted to come but cant make it as he got wrk today, therefore during his lunch time he come den go back later on.. ok uh?.. =P

C

CitizenKane2

Thanks for everyone who turned up this afternoon (20 Nov) for the UO Players' Gathering at BBoss cafe.

We were blessed with good weather (ie cloudy with no rain or scorching sun) and I think many (if not all) will agree that the venue was very nice (in the middle of Istana Park and right next to the fountain).

I'll post pics (as soon as I can them from Roxy *pokes Roxy) and - yes, many many thanks to Dran for his wonderful "Magery Spell Book" replica; very creative /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif - this is a list of players who attended (to the best of my knowledge) :

(1) Thornwind (Who came dressed as a ... nvm, I won't say it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif)
(2) CitizenKane2 (Tired with eye bags)
(3) Khellek (Good to see you again)
(4) belldandy2k4
(5) Aminest (PvP tourney anyone ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif)
(6) Kay
(7) Ken (Sepiroth)
(8) SalamancaWitch (Welcome to the zany club /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
(9) Yang (Naruto)
(10) LAH Architect (Formosa's great isn't it ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif)
(11) Takameshi (Great to finally meet you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
(12) hellwolf
(13) dran
(14) CWS
(15) hui
(16) OrAnGe
(17) Spore
(18) Starlite
(19) Sims
(20) Jeremy
(21) Cry
(22) My brother (Char name Gra'ce) [Yeah, yeah /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(23) Roxy (Thanks for your help in taking the pictures /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(24) Ganjakru
(25) Lancelot
(26) Warshock
(27) Li Wei
(28) FelSpark
(29) Majesto
(30) IcyRaine
(31) BBSheep.
(32) Yang (Geogorian) (Good to see you again)
(33) Sparkz
(34) Ariakus (It was good to finally meet you /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(35) Iolo
(36) Freddy
(37) Cory
(38) Dragon / Kira
(39) Baja (from Formosa)
(40) Merlin
(41) Roy01
(42) Ulric
(43) Cao Cao

Thanks again for coming and I hope you guys had a good time. I found the food (buffet) quite nice. I'm sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone (or if I did, I forgot who you were - next time, I think I'll ask everyone to wear a name sticker /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif)

My thanks also to Thornwind, for co-sponsoring this outing with me. I couldn't have done it without your help. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

*looks for Roxy*
*wonders whether pictures ready yet*

C

Cory

I want to thank CK and thornwind for a gathering very well done, i had a good time, nice job /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

L

LAH Architect

Yes, Much thanks to CK2 and Thornwind for their generosity again, and everybody for turning up ! It is amazing that after 7 years we have still got loyal fans of UO despite the dated 2D graphics and lag. The numbers this time round is DOUBLE of last round and include a diverse age group of both genders.

It was nice putting a real face to UO avatars, be they cross-sharding uber-rare collectors, bank sitting socialites, guild building CEOs, merciless pkers or simply a super-low dex swordsman (oxymoron @@). We still are missing many other people thou. 3 years ago, uo fans in singapore collected 200 signatures to petition for a SG shard. These veterans' accounts are still open, upgraded with Samurai empire but unable to join us due to work and family. The strength of UO is in the community and CK2, Thornwind are indeed commited enough to take the initiative to organise and sponsor for this gathering. All because they love the game that is Ultima Online !

It would be nice if the local EA Office can offer some support in the form of SWAG or simply just turn up to talk about our love of the game. Perhaps the US Office can send a friendly nudge to EA Singapore? It can be valuable feedback for your asian markets other than Japan. Singapore is the gateway to Southeast Asia, untapped markets that other gaming companies are eyeing.

Besides, where else can you solicit free consultation from lawyers, engineers (electrical, mechanical, civil), architects, soldiers(police,army) and students(all levels above age 14 @@) than your UO Singapore fanbase?

Carpe Diem !

T

Thornwind

Hey hey NO POTSHOTS!!! =P Thanks CK for being such a great administrator and thanks to all that came and made it pretty cool.

Karen, the BBoss owner asked us if we were from a school or some organisation and she was surprised that we had met online in a game and most of us haven't met each other for any period of time. Must be obvious that we were enjoying ourselves!

Thornwind

H

hellwolf

Thx CK2 and Thornwind for the food buffet today I had enjoy the food is nice.

hellwolf

R

roy01

The 'afternoon affair' was nice. it is indeed very refreshing to put faces to nicks. i may play a little on Shard Formosa (getting re-aquainted and such ...).

Hope to see more of you guys soon ...

H

HeavenHeal87

Well Done Guys. Now get pictures up, I need to tell takameshi how ugly he is in real life and have some proof!

G

Ganjakru

We (Launce/Warshock/Nemesis) would like to say a BIG thank you to both Thornwind &amp; CK for this afternoon meet up and the great food. Tho i didn't really get to chat with most of them but it was nice to know we're not the only ones playing this almost forgotten game. It was also a great oppotunity to know that we three are not only ones who has bloodlust, some others too has em too :p.

Aminest: As to wat my Red Character name is, it can be found if u look carefully. It better to leave her as anonymous until i get to draw my first blood of urs :p hehe. Lastly to everyone, please update on the alliance of guild if theres any in progress. If not would someone wanna form one?

A

AmInEsT

Hee.. Hahaha..

I knew it was u.. loL.. hrm.. to taste a blood of mine.. I shall try not to let u haf a sip of my sweet blodd (since, all u guys alrdy mark rune ard my hse..)

Muaahhahaha... I see ur red b4 meh.. Very chim leh.. Wah seh.. Nvm.. tonight we come online.. Wan join si mi guild one u.. Arbo u free for all.. Song meh.. see who also hoot.. nBx.. u reali wan that kind of bloodlust..

S

SalamancaWitch

hi,

thanks for organising the gathering /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif it was pretty fun, and yes the place was cool, i loved the weather too. didnt get to stay long tho, plus i came in late lol. nice to meet some of the pacific shard players =)

anyone wanna do a champ spawn on server up? heheh

K

khellek

Special thanks to Thornwind &amp; CK for organising this gathering. Sorry for arriving late as I was having another ex-classmate gathering before that.

It was definitely a bigger turnout from the last one and I believe everyone really enjoyed it very much. I am looking forward for more gathering and definitely hope to see EA people there (dressed up in UO chars) going there LOL

L

LAH Architect

You guys read that article on Blizzard (World of Warcraft) on only hiring programmers if they are first and formost gamers themselves? That is to ensure commitment to producing a quality game.

Notice the recent UO Live team new members (eg Leurocian). They were and still are UO players themselves and use their own free time to communicate on the forums. They turn up for meetups because they want to and are interested.

For a traditional branch as in EA SG, you do realise that none of them will come to the gatherings because it's work to them? They are not going to "waste" a few hours of their weekends. Why should they? No incentive.

But since EA has online games like TSO (The Sims Online) and UO (Ultima Online), they should consider hiring a Community Liaison Person to do Promotional Work. It's recurring revenue to them every month for these 2 games.

W

warshock

hey LAH, its all in da head! LOL!

different ppl from different countries hav different upbringing and mindset. to some, ppl will go the xtra mile for the love of their jobs, but to others, a job is just a job. there is no right and wrong abt it. although i would still agree with LAH that EA should go further on promotional work, but revenue from UO declined over the years and still is, and maybe our (Singapore) market is too insignificant for such effort then?

UO is old and the world has changed - look at all the competitors with super graphic appeal (EQ is one of the highest climber for now; ppl hav high expectations from WoW - and can u actually believe it: Singapore Government actually invested on WoW licensing and its servers in China). i think to sustain UO wif just promotional work is never enuff. someone mentioned that UO "may" get a graphic and engine overhaul, which could be good in a revival attempt... and hopefully we can get it. :p

C

CitizenKane2

Can someone please poke Roxy and ask him to send me the pictures (by ICQ preferably) ? I'm a little anxious to see how the photos turned out. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

As for EA Singapore ...

I agree with LAH Architect that EA Singapore should take a more supportive role for UO, which is afterall an EA product. I am dissappointed that not one single representative could turn up and just say "Hi".

Ideally, I would like to get EA Singapore involved in (at least) co-sponsoring the next UO Players' Outing (hopefully in June 2005 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif). I'll try to speak to them some more and see what they say. It's really a "chicken and egg" situation - if EA Singapore continues to ignore their UO Subscribers, how can EA Singapore expect UO to thrive in Singapore ?

As for a graphical revival for UO - we'll have to wait and see whether the rumours are true. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif

D

dran

CK and Thornwind,

Many thanks to both of you for taking the time and initiative to plan and execute this gathering. It was simply magical to pin a face to the names we've seen. For the Magic SpellBook Replica, thank you for your kind works. It was an idea fuelled by the fact that we have 2 very thoughtful sponsors for the event.

We were indeed blessed with wonderful food and comfortable weather.. Im just looking forward to our next gathering /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Learnt a great deal from the many players there, haha.. very informative indeed..

Thorn, show me ur legendary kryss sometime.. you have inspired me to burn some golden hammers.. LOL /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

D

dran

Graphical Revival of UO? Is that necessary?

UO is one of the less graphic intensive MMORPG todate. And it is prospering! As far as i know, UO is considerate enough to allow 2 versions (2D/3D) for those who prefer 3D graphics. They do not abandon those who might not have sufficient graphic capabilities to play. This way, they kind of gets the best of both worlds, the super-graphic-gamers or the less-graphic-gamers.

If you want superb graphics in an MMORPG, go get FFXI Online or Sims Online. But i am immensely satisified with my 2D UO.

Just out of curiosity, how many here play it in 3D?