• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Singapore outing, 20 Nov at BBOSS Cafe Dhoby Ghuat 2pm - 5pm!

G

Cool! I have jus got confirmation from my company that i have the air ticket to fly back on 20th morning on the earliest flight in. Will reach Singapore airport around 1130, so I should be able to make it for the lunch gathering hehehe. Jus let me know the place and timing k, so I can plan before hand. Hehe... See all of you then!

*Bruce of Pacific, GM of People of Singapore Guild (PSG)*

C

CitizenKane2

Thanks everyone for your indications / confirmations. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Updated list of attendees (1 Nov 2004) :

1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) Acegal (Please try to come Also, confirm attendance)
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski
(7) Killo (Please also try to come It's only one afternoon - just drop in after your exams and say "hi". Please confirm also)
(8) SalamancaWitch (Please confirm)
(9) Magia16 (Confirmed attendance - thanks )
(10) LAH Architect
(11) Takameshi (Confirmed Attendance - thanks )
(12) hellwolf (Confirmed Attendance - thanks)
(13) - (18) dran & friends, including CWS. (Thanks for the confirmations. CWS, I hope you'll not be too jet-lagged /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif)
(19) Sims - confirmed attendance.
(20) & (21) Takameshi's brother and faqur - confirmed attendance.
(22) My brother (Char name Gra'ce)
(23) Roxy
(24) Ganjakru (To confirm attendance, and number of kaki coming. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(25) Majesto (Thanks for the confirmation)

I'll speak with Thornwind soon and we'll probably make a booking of 30 spaces. I'll post details of the venue shortly (or as shortly as I can /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif)

C

Cory

So time and venue hasnt confirmed yet?
Can we have the latest updates somewhere? :p

Cory
A small pawn of Baja & Formosa (Not prawn ah!)

A

AceGal

CK...

Who volunteer carry my son... don say killio hor... he will be busy carry me if we both decide to go...

C

CitizenKane2

A quick update.

Thornwind and myself have run into a little difficulty.

The venue that we wanted for the outing on 20 Nov (Garden Cafe - High Tea Buffet - Hotel Phoenix) is not available, due to a wedding.

We're both trying to scout for alternative venues, so that we can keep the date on 20 Nov. We'll post more as soon as we have more information.

As an aside, thanks for the following individuals for confirming your respective attendences - I'll add your names to the list of attendees, if I haven't already :

(1) Lancelot (Lane)
(2) Warshock (Spooks)
(3) Nemesis (Tap)
(4) Ganjakru (Lenz)

F

felspark

Activity seems to have pick up in here, count me in too. felspark, oceania

C

CitizenKane2

Greetings, Felspark. I'll add your name to the list of attendees. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Thornwind

It's all GOOOOOODDD! The date stays!

Alright gentlemen and ladies, for a change of scenary and to appreciate the great outdoors (apart from the fact that Phoenix is booked), I've booked BBoss for 20 Nov from 2pm to 5pm. BBoss is located at the Istana Park in between Plaza Sing and Park Mall, Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Ok how it works is they will keep filling the dishes up so long as I give advance notice of any substantial increase in the number of people going.

I am told we will be seated (sheltered but al fresco) beside their fountain and it would be pleasantly cool. The food is buffet and hope you all ain't too fussy (if not tough, it's free so eat it anyway! hehe). Here's the menu:-

1. Assorted canapes
2. Assorted maki
3. Assorted finger sandwiches
4. Italian Spaghetti
5. Mediterranean chicken yellow rice
6. Roasted chicken in thai sauce
7. Italian pizza margarita
8. Traditional spicy tom yam fish
9. Vegetable spring roll with mango rice paper roll
10. Dessert

I have tentatively booked for 30 people which is their minimum and will be going down tonite to make payment of a 30% deposit SO I will personally cast reveal and CORP POR ANYONE NOT TURNING UP!!! heh.

Therefore, for all of you who have confirmed attendances thanks. For all who have not, please do so. For those who have said yes but now are unable to, please read the above paragraph (or inform us early that you can't) =P

CK, could I trouble you to include BabaBlackSheep and Icyraine from my side.

Thornwind

A

AceGal

WAH.... i thought BOSS karaoke at orchard plaza... thought all u guys wanna have a good time there... opps... underage boys cannot go... hehehe

T

Thornwind

Keke not that Boss! Almost gave me a heart attack, I thought I typed wrong. hahahhaha

C

CitizenKane2

Thornwind, thanks very much /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I'll be more than happy to include icy and bbsheep to the list of attendees ... er ... shortly. (I just came back from a very boring seminar /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif)

Ladies and gentlement - Thornwind and myself (Thornwind on my behalf) have already paid the deposit to book the venue for the gathering. So please do try to turn up /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

And did I already mention that it's free (Thornwind and myself are sponsoring) ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

C

CitizenKane2

UPDATED LIST OF ATTENDEES (as at 2 November 2004) :

(1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) Acegal (Please try to come Also, confirm attendance)
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski
(7) Killio (Please also try to come It's only one afternoon - just drop in after your exams and say "hi". Please confirm also)
(8) SalamancaWitch (Please confirm)
(9) Magia16 (Confirmed attendance - thanks )
(10) LAH Architect
(11) Takameshi (Confirmed Attendance - thanks )
(12) hellwolf (Confirmed Attendance - thanks)
(13) - (18) dran & friends, including CWS. (Thanks for the confirmations. CWS, I hope you'll not be too jet-lagged )
(19) Sims - confirmed attendance.
(20) & (21) Takameshi's brother and faqur - confirmed attendance.
(22) My brother (Char name Gra'ce)
(23) Roxy
(24) - (27) Ganjakru, Lancelot, Warshock and Nemesis (Thanks for your confirmation)
(28) FelSpark
(29) Majesto (Thanks for the confirmation)
(30) IcyRaine
(31) BBSheep.
(32) Yang (Geogorian)
(33) Sparkz
(34) Jeno
(35) Iolo
(36) Freddy

I think there's still space for more attendees. So please let myself or Thornwind know (post on this thread) if you're a UO player and you happen to be in Singapore on 20 Nov and would like to attend. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

P/S It's free. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

A

AmInEsT

Hahha.. I wont mind carrying your baby kel.. I likes kid.. =P Hee...

Wah.. si mi prawn n ikan bilis.. I eat both u all ar

A

AmInEsT

Hrm.. Well, dated set, location set.. Guys, who wanna meet up 1st then chiong in together?.. Mass Corp Por on who ever is waiting at BBoss?.. Heee.. =P

A

AceGal

Wah... DiDi really understand me... Now it looks more attractive to me... Go where Chiong after that... if really Boss... than i bo eng liao.... if MU or Beijing 2008 or Pyramid... that's more attractive...

CK...

U forgot people like AMI.. Cloud/Squall.. Elf.. Vyncen.. MewMew (Quited UO).. RubbaDuck (in aussie study).. Suraman (Just back to UO).. Aim/PV (Quited UO).. (fyi.. i got 70 names in my icq list for UO SG..^^)

and lastly... U SPELL MY BF NAME WRONG!!!! I ANGRY... compensate me with a Ornament of Magician and Hat of Magi... or i sue u till ur have to go changi sell backside everynite... and be the first Legendary Begger in UO Worldwide... heheeh

C

CitizenKane2

Ace, I did ask Squall/Cloud in icq, but he hasn't confirmed whether he is coming. I'll ask him again.

I did ask Saruman - but I think he may have difficulty coming on Saturday. I'll give him a call.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot Vyncen - I'll speak to him as well.

You could send a mass icq to the Sporeans on your icq list and ask them to have a look at this thread. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

A

AmInEsT

=(
erm.. saruman having duty on sat he cannot come.. that's for sure.. so nth to do bout that.. well.. conway is back can ask him too.. =P not sure bout storm n skye..

C

CitizenKane2

Posted on the UO Stratics Community News section - thanks to Lady Malynn /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif - Informal Singapore UO Players Get-Together :

<blockquote>There is an informal UO Players scheduled on 20 November 2004 (Saturday) for players in Singapore (regardless of shard).

Venue : BBoss Resturant. It is located at the Istana Park in between Plaza Singapura Shopping Mall and Park Mall (near Dhoby Ghaut MRT station).

Time : 2pm - 5pm

Date : 20 November 2004 (Saturday).

This get-together is sponsored by posters CitizenKane2 and Thornwind jointly and is therefore free-of-charge for any UO players in Singapore who may wish to attend.

Any UO players who wish to attend the function, kindly make a post on this thread a the UO Asia forum thread here, if you have not already done so.</blockquote>

C

CitizenKane2

I have sent the following e-mail to Ms Diana of EA Singapore (copied to Mr Chris Ng, General Manager of EA Singapore and Sunsword, producer UO) :

<blockquote>Dear Ms Diana,

I refer to our telephone conversation this morning. As spoken, I would be grateful if you let us have an indication of when the UO expansion, Samurai Empire, is expected to arrive in Singapore, as soon as you are able to ascertain the same.

On a different note, both Chris Ng and yourself are warmly invited to another informal UO Players' Gathering on the 20 November 2004 (Sat).

Venue : BBoss Resturant. It is located at 31 Orchard Road, Istana Park - it's in between Plaza Singapura Shopping Mall and Park Mall (near Dhoby Ghaut MRT station).

Time : 2pm - 5pm

The expenses of this outing are being borne by Adrian (another UO player) and myself. I think it would be a good opportunity for you to meet some of the subscribers to UO in Singapore / Malaysia at this outing.

This would be the second UO players' gathering organised - as you may be aware, the last one was held on 14 August 2004 and sponsered by myself.

You may read more about the upcoming UO gathering at the UO Asia forum at UO Stratics (UO Stratics is the official boards for UO) at this link - http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=uoasia&amp;Number=5443196&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;fpart=all&amp;what2=postlist.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Christopher Tan (aka CitizenKane2 on UO Stratics Boards)</blockquote>

I understand that Ms Diana is checking on the status of the arrival of UOSE in Singapore. I'll post more information (in a seperate thread) as soon as I get it.

S

SalamancaWitch

Confirmed! I'll be there. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Merlin_SG

Hiyah all!

Didn't know theres such a huge crowd of Sg playing UO!

Just poped in to say HI!

A little intro abt meself,

Used to play on Oceanus(yah wrong server...lag like mad).
Gonna be getting my char over to formosa this 2 days.
Hope to meet some of you guys ingame soon! Really need some catching up since its been awhile since i last played.

Cheerios!
Alex

C

CitizenKane2

Salamanca, thanks for your confirmation. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Merlin, please let us know if you are coming for the outing (of course you're invited /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif) If you need any starter equipment on Formosa let me know and I'll see how can I can help (I don't have access to UOSE craftables yet though)

A

AmInEsT

Wahhaha...

What's going wrong man.. Formosa seems to be gettin more n more sg players coming in.. Does the Server List states that Formosa (A lot of SG player, come on in?) Hee, anyway it's good.. Hehehe..

A

AmInEsT

I know the nxt gathering is stil like 1 weeks +.. I was tinkin could it be done that the nxt gathering (after 20th) could be a bbq or chalet?.. loL.. would that be too much.. hahhaha

C

CitizenKane2

I will just quickly add this.

Some players have asked why I (and perhaps Thornwind gets the same questions) borther with doing things like this. Time - and expense - expanded on organising outings like this can be spent on other "better" things - like acquiring/buying artifacts in UO/php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

The answer is simple.

I do enjoy contributing (in my own way) to the UO community in Singapore - and I see this as an opportunity to do so. Nothing is "wasted" if it's for a worthwhile cause - and I happen to think that the Spore UO community is one such cause. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I don't get anything tangible out of this (Thornwind and myself don't sell insurance /php-bin/shared/images/icons/spin.gif), but the intangible rewards are probably worth it.

Nothing would please me more to see more players take up UO (not necessarily on Formosa, although Formosa's a cool shard /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif) and for EA Singapore to take a more active role in promoting the UO Community in Singapore.

As for your suggestion for the next outing, we'll cross the bridge when we come to it. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

M

Merlin_SG

Cool!!

But kindda not nice since i havent even played with you guys before..not to mention get a free lunch..i shouldn't be. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks for the offer anyways!

Now my aim is to settle down in Formosa then get to know more peeps from the sg community. The next outing maybe?

As for the starter kit? Hell yah i'll need em! Get me a castle, a few mills of gold shd be sufficient, some draggys and mares...luck suits..oh yah and regs! LOADS OF THEM!.....Yah i'm kidding.. :p

I shd be able to do fine, just consolidated all my other chars stuffs into 1 char alone..took me till 4am... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Look forward to seeing you guys ingame and have fun at the outing yah?

May the light be with you!

C

CitizenKane2

Merlin, I hope you're not detered from coming to the outing on 20 Nov because you don't know the players attending. I can tell you that I'll meeting quite a lot of them for the first time on 20 Nov myself. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

So do try to turn up - it's just an afternoon of (free) food and drinks.

A

AmInEsT

Oh yeah, do turn up.. This way u can get to know those formosa bound player more quickly den u can thru game.. =P

We are juz a bunch of nice fellow.. Hee..

M

Merlin_SG

Nice meeting you guys ingame!

Ok, i have a poor memory for names...but here goes..CK, warshock?, Hello(duh).

Great time dying back in oceania with you Hello! haha was fun!

I'll try to make it for the outing CK. Do i need to confirm with you by certain deadline?

Cheers!

A

AmInEsT

Hee.. That's why I had a post asking ppl to state their own nick / shard n etc to introduce emself and also to allow others to know who is who.. =P

T

Thornwind

Welcome Merlin, confirm when u can but try to do so by 15th coz I've got to set the number of seats with Bboss. Do try to pop in!

Thornwind

C

CitizenKane2

Greetings Merlin. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

You got the names right. It was nice to meet you yesterday evening. But I was kinda busy *cough*detect hidden training*cough*

If you or "Hello" need anything on Formosa, please let me know (not the castle bit /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif).

B

belldandy2k4

Hey merlin_sg! u alex chua ar? haha
It's Peorth/Belldandy/Drizzt
don't go formosa leh, me and dragoon will be lonely la haha

as for the outing, count me in /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Like to meet fellow UO sg players.

M

Merlin_SG

Alrighty. Wil try to giv you an answer by then Thornwind or CK.

Urm Belldanady2k4, i'm not Alex Chua. But that name is strangely familiar. That guy from gaming industry or something? Playworks?

A

AmInEsT

Hi Cao Cao,

You play uo on which shard?.. Were u Cao Meng De from yamato?..

C

choon1010

hello merlin... it's me lah.. "hello" is just a dummy char i used to explore in formosa, i am adrian blade in oceania .... looking forward to die again with u fighting orge lords. lol.
CK, after talking to khellek... i really wish that i can make it for the meeting too.. the only problem is that i am at KL.. will try to apply for leave, let's see..

A

AmInEsT

Hee.. If leave is approved.. Fly over yeah!.. Haa, nah juz kiddin.. =P

G

Hello all..finally found out where all the sg players are hanging out. Formosa........anyways im on lake s. jsut wanna say hi to all of u. Great to know where are the sg players are...at least..lol.

A

AmInEsT

Heheh.. what took u so long.. Hahah.. anyway nice of u to drop by sayin hello.. =X

G

welll.....ddint know they exist..lol....played on an old acct. when there was only feluccia......quit after the t2a expansion abt 2001/2002....back then there werent any asian shard.....but this year im back again..hehehe with the AOS and am waiting for the SE ..pre ordered it at techdrome....any idea hw much it will cost?

L

LAH Architect

Adrain Blade... I have seen your GODLY katana on Oceania... woe to whoever crosses him.

C

choon1010

hahaha, thx LAH Architect, yaa, that kat safes my life many times! still, i suck in pvp hehee... hey, what's ur char in oceania?

A

AmInEsT

Hee.. What mode does that katana has?.. Dun mind sharing wif us?.. =P U asking who is on Oceania?..

W

warshock

i saw choon's katana b4:
SC
42% life leech
44% mana leech
14% hci
30% ssi
45% di

SONG BO?! :p