• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Singapore outing, 20 Nov at BBOSS Cafe Dhoby Ghuat 2pm - 5pm!

C

CitizenKane2

You beat me to it ! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

(I'm preparing for a hearing in the Court of Appeal next week ...).

I'll just highlight some points :

(a) It's FREE. Thornwind and myself are sponsoring this gathering.

(b) It'll be on the afternoon of 20 Nov (Sat). Probably some sort of buffet lunch or high tea. We'll post more particulars (like the venue) once we can confirm them.

(c) It's really no obligation. Players who attended the last outing will know - neither myself nor Thornwind sell insurance /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif. It's basically an opportunity for UO players who are present in Singapore (Malaysians very warmly welcomed) - regardless of shard - to get together and chit-chat.

(d) Someone bring a camera ? (Even a camera phone will do).

(e) Did I mention it's FREE ?

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

From the previous thread HERE, this is a tentative list of UO Players who are interested in attending the get-together on 20 November :

(1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) Acegal (Who knows ? Please confirm /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif)
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski
(7) Killo (Please confirm)
(8) SalamancaWitch (Please confirm)
(9) Magia16 (Please confirm)
(10) LAH Architect
(11) takameshi (Please confirm)
(12) hellwolf (Please confirm)
(13) CWS
(14) dran (CWS and draon - please confirm how many turning up besides both of you ?)

Ah, what the heck. Everyone - whether on the list above or not - please post on this thread if you're coming. Please reconfirm if your name is on the list. If your name isn't already on the list, just add your name in a reply on this thread.

Thanks everyone. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Oh yes, could everyone also do me a favour ?

If you know any other UO players who reside in Singapore, please inform them of this outing (by icq, msn messenger or otherwise /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif) - they are of course warmly welcomed to attend. You can reply on their behalf or ask them to reply in this thread.

A

AmInEsT

Heheheh, guess we are at it again.. Aye man.. Im sure ON..!!

C

CitizenKane2

Ok, here goes.

(1) Sims (not in list above) - confirmed attendance.
(2) Takameshi - confirmed attendance.
(3) Hellwolf - Subject to Confirmation.
(4) Takameshi's brother and faqur (not in list above ?) - confirmed attendance.
(5) Aminest - thanks for confirming attendance.

M

Magia16

I'll make the trip, count me in /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

K

khellek

YA! MAKAN TIME again!! :p

Eh maybe should invite EA down and do a lucky draw, 3 lucky winners get a free UOSE? Not too much of a marketing expense for them right? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

H

hellwolf

hi CitizenKane2,

can i confim with u like next week my ARMY RO is out to see on the 20 nov i got any Duty. Sorry for my inconvenience for the late reply.

thz /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Sure, Hellwolf.

I'll put you down as a maybe for the time being. Let me know when you can confirm. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Turin Turambar

I wish I could go too. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif It's not THAT far, maybe I'll make it over there someday.

In the meantime, anyone got a spare beetle they can smuggle me over in?

C

CitizenKane2

Turin, if you ever happen to drop by Singapore, be sure to give us a shout. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

TechMage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like i cannot make it again...i work sat.

CK..if you need digital camera let me know.

C

CitizenKane2

TechMage, I'm so sorry to hear that you can't make it - can't you take one day leave ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

I'm sure Thornwind will figure something out about the camera logistical part - thanks for the offer though. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Thornwind

Nice try CK! I'll leave the camera bit for the time being considering you've got a Court of Appeal hearing this week. Look on the bright side, the hearing will be so short that it'll be over one way or the other pretty soon heh.

Sorry you can't make it either TechMage, perhaps the hazy weather will cause some discomfort on that day? =P In anycase, we will try to take some photos with C... someone's camera.

Thornwind

D

dran

Hey CK and Thornwind,

Thanks for taking the time n effort to organise.

At the moment i cannot give u an accurate figure, as i've yet to confirm the
attendance with some of my guildmates.

However, CWS will not be able to make it as he'll be overseas.

I'll let you know soon, preferrably by this week. Thanks /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Thanks, Dran for the update.

As an aside, I have spoken briefly with Ms Diana from EA Singapore and have informed her that we will be extending an invitation to her. Once we can confirm the venue and time, I will send her an e-mail.

I'm not sure whether she's coming though. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

D

dran

Hmm, lets hope she comes becos ..

1) Shows that EA is indeed interested in stirring up news with the UO community here in SG

2) Shows that we are of interest to EA

3) So that we can bombard her with more questions

If she does come, do u think its a good idea to bring her some gifts?
(ie. the ones made by players in the UO conference in US are superb!)

C

CitizenKane2

Well, we can think about gifts if she confirms she's coming.

I'm already thinking ...

Thornwind talks a lot about his arty warrior.

Maybe we can get Thornwind to dress up (in real life) like his favourite warrior ... kinda like this player dressing up like his mage.

It would be even more fun if Thornwind's favourite warrior were a lady. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif Get Thornwind to autograph it and I'm sure Ms Diana would swoon over the picture. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

P/S The pictures are taken from this thread in the UO Pictures Forum - see HERE

T

Thornwind

NICE TRY CK... go prepare for your Court of Appeal hearing!

And you know my chars are all female!! Devious CK devious.

=P
Thornwind

C

CitizenKane2

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/disturbed.gif

I would have liked to see your expression when you saw that post. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

T

Thornwind

For a moment there seeing your name and then the post, I thought it was you instead! =P

C

CitizenKane2

I'm not blond, Thorn. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

But if a picture is over the top /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif, perhaps we can consider doing something along the lines of just the magery book (the book in red with the symbols). I actually think that the magery book looks pretty cool. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

Loxy/Roxy

Count me in and ill bring the digital cam...
i got 1
btw u guys wanna play UOSE at a lan shop?
i can arrange it if u want...
its 2 bucks an hour and if want please bring ur UOA & UO marcos so u can play
ill will arrange UOSE 2d and 3d... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

heheh cheers

btw call me on my hp.. im lazy to see the forum.. i like drop by once in 2-3 weeks /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif
Roxy aka Dan

A

AceGal

Necrom korkor...

JieJie got go or not... later she angry... all play UO... u don bother about her... heheheh... go home eat ownself... hahahah...

C

Cory

LOL

Citizen, that pic is hilarious!
Thxs for the laugh.

I sure hope i get to see some1 dress like that on any outing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Roxy, thanks for your reply. Yes, please bring a camera. You can send me the pics (by icq /e-mail) after the gathering and I'll post them here.

I'm thinking of asking Thornwind to go ahead and book 25 places - I want to get the venue set, so we can move from there. I'm sure we can do some minor adjustments (add or substract numbers) as the date of the gathering approaches.

Tentative list of attendees as of 27 Oct :

(1) Thornwind
(2) CitizenKane2
(3) Khellek
(4) Acegal (Please try to come /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Also, confirm attendance)
(5) Aminest
(6) Lameski
(7) Killo (Please also try to come /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif It's only one afternoon - just drop in after your exams and say "hi". Please confirm also)
(8) SalamancaWitch (Please confirm)
(9) Magia16 (Confirmed attendance - thanks /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(10) LAH Architect
(11) Takameshi (Confirmed Attendance - thanks /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif)
(12) hellwolf (Please confirm after you read the RO. I hope you can make it)
(13) dran (CWS not cannot make it. Can you confirm how many turning up ?)
(14) Sims - confirmed attendance.
(15) & (16) Takameshi's brother and faqur - confirmed attendance.
(17) My brother (Char name Gra'ce)
(18) Roxy

If there are any corrections to the tenative list above, please also let me know.

Again, please assist by spreading the word - and it's *FREE*. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

P/S Wei, Cory, you coming or not ? Ask your kaki to come also. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

L

Loxy/Roxy

SO HOW??!!?!? ANY ONE WANNA PLAY UO OR NOT???? BRING UR MARCOS AND UOA MARCOS ILL ARRANGE THE PLACE>>>> LET ME KNOW HOW MANY PPLE WANNA PLAY
LIMITED TO 13 COMPS NIA COS THE PLACE QUITE SMALL... ASK JASON HE KNOWS THE PLACE>>>>

C

CitizenKane2

Loxy, just a query.

Isn't playing UO on a unfamiliar computer dangerous ? You don't actually know what other programs are inside that computer that could (for example) remember your password. That's my impression at least. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

L

Loxy/Roxy

lol
i work there.. so anything missing better remember the guy who's sitting next to u on the left and right...
i settle the computers there... so anything u can find me too /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif
*snicker*
/me installs keylogger.....
muhahahahaa allyouraccountsbelongstous
/me loots ck2 account dry frm every shard and deletes every char in account /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

A

AceGal

wah... korkor the biggest scammer in UO... everyone... PK Necrom/roxy/loxy on sight in UO!!!... opps... just remembered... i have all ur account and pswd... i loot u dry first... after i finish typing this thread... hahaha... too late... by the time u read this thread... u have have all ur account chars looted dry and deleted...

C

CitizenKane2

Wei. All this talk about pking and looting dry is making me nervous. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway, many thanks for your help last night, Ace. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A

AmInEsT

Hahaha, so long they cant touch u in real life is aint that scary rite.. =X

uh?.. bah.. hey hey so haf u guys decided on where the location shall be?..

G

Cool!.. Thank you CK n Wind very much for the effort in the gathering for all UO Lovers around the regions. However i am very sad to say i should be still oversea in Philippines for work commitment and thus cannot make it for the gathering. Now trying to make arrangment to see can i fly back on the 20th hehehe...

D

dran

Hey Ck,

Here's my confirmation of attendance for the 20th November outing.

There'll be a total of 6 attendees (including me and CWS). Thanks for taking
time to organise. Appreciate it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

A

AmInEsT

Whoa! CWS is taking the xtra miles to fly back by 20th Nov for the gathering?.. That's cool man.. =P Hee... Till then take care yo..

C

CitizenKane2

Dran, thanks very much for your confirmation. I'll add the 6 of you to the list (in due course). /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Look forward to meeting all of you at the outing.

G

Ganjakru

Free?! geesh i don't think i wld miss Free things :p. I'll try to gather my other two frens if they wld like to join the MAKAN SESSION~. Will post ASAP.

A

AmInEsT

Wahahahha.. Here comes a eater!! But I suppose CK wont mind, he would in fact be more happy Hee..

G

Ganjakru

Nah, im not that GP (Gian Png). I do think that since we're heading to formosa soon, its good for us to meet up with some peeps who are already there. We cld exchange some experience and tots abt the game and such.

C

CitizenKane2

Ganjakru, I look forward to meeting you and your kaki. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Let us know in due course how many confirming attendance. Thanks. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Thornwind

Dear all

Rather than continue with the previous thread, I thought I would start a new one so we (namely CK heh) can collate the replies easier. And yes, I am bored with work this friday afternoon.

I thought CK (as usual) chose the date 20 Nov quite well. Most of us would have gotten UOSE and it's the start of school hols. The week prior is the long deepavali weekend and I think a number of us may not be in town and possibly a number would not have gotten UOSE yet.

So leave your callsign and your RSVP. All UO players resident in singapore or any other player able to take a train, beetle, plane, llama or any other mount down to singapore are invited to this UO stuff-your-face lunchmeet. Venue is as yet unconfirmed (but we will choose someplace with easy access to MRT etc) and also dependant on the number of people attending.

It's entirely free and no obligations (unless you want to give CK and me an ornament or something in which case we will gratefully accept heh). Despite the fact that EA Singapore CURRENTLY does not seem expressly interested in assisting us, who cares, let's just meet up, eat, swap stories, chill and have a good time.

CK, jump in with anything I missed out and bring a camera! =P

Thornwind

L

Loxy/Roxy

Ok just to let u guys know.. im gonna install uose into the comps at my work place.. if u guys wanna play let me know 1 or 2 days in advance so i can book the comps.. limited tp 13 comps... thx
P.S bring ur UO and UOA marcos /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

C

CitizenKane2

Thanks Nadia. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

You know, if you're ever in Singapore ... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

H

hellwolf

Hi CK,

My RO is out i have no duty that day. SO i confim going /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif , just tell me the place and time.

hope to see u on UO one day,

kelvin

I

imported_Majesto

Well, I'm coming too. Majesto, Formosa and Napa Valley!