• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #45

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Here's 2 more die hard CC-ers who don't script and wouldn't even know how to!

And if one talks about hideous... smudgy EC springs to mind first! We often can't even make out what is showing when viewing videos or screenshots from EC!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any new Gump they released in the last couple years is not utilizing any advanced EC UI at all. Instead they are generic gumps that work on both clients the same and are hardly moddable in the EC (compared to containers, paperdolls, healthbars, etc. pp.). Notorious examples are VS Gump, jewelry box or EJ bank box. They even started adding features CC only lately, like some sound options or this weird auto open body. When they fixed particle effects for EC, the fix was to turn them all off. Supernova(iirc) potions used to look godly in EC. Then they replaced the particle effects with the way lower quality and fps CC effects. They even put that hideous Orc in the newsletter which ofc only CC players recognized as an orc. As a EC player I would have never guessed that it was an Orc sitting on the mount. Idon't feel the EC love at all tbh. Closing the CC seems more off than 5 years ago. It's personally one of the biggest reasons driving me away from UO.

I've played in the EC for a very long time now way longer than you... I could never go back... and I agree and what's worse the "fix" they did for the EC Partical Effects was then REVERSED with the very next publish and we were right back to square one again... crashing continually at events and such... but they seem to have refixed it again... but how long that lasts is anyone's guess.

What's more annoying is they have NEVER fixed the Circle of Transparency in the EC ... it's so small you can barely see your feet let alone anything at your feet... using it still makes any animated objects on screen completely invisible... I don't know how many times I've forgotten that I have something like a bandage fountain somewhere because I haven't seen the thing in forever and I keep trying to place something there wondering why I can't walk there or anything before realizing what's wrong. And any and EVERY issue you bring up is immediately blamed on Pinco's UI no matter what... their solution to every issue in the EC is NOT to use a UI... and to use the insanely broken default UI... If I wanted to use that crap I'd play in the CC... I can't even remember how to log out in the CC anymore.

I was helping a completely NEW player a while back and he, unfortunately, was in the CC and most of the time I was like I have no idea man how that works in CC...
Kept having to tell him he'd have to wait and ask one of his CC friends as I couldn't help him with that. And then, of course, I use multiple features of the EC with Pinco's and he kept wanting to know how I knew all that stuff and I was like Dude you have to try the EC with Pinco's... which sadly his PC just couldn't handle... he got a new PC though and I am not sure if he ever decided to try the EC again because I think he was liking it. But yeah. It's almost like we are playing two different games.

But anymore the DEVs seem like they don't care about the EC... I was encouraged at one point when they said they weren't doing anything anymore for the CC but then the very next 2 publishes they started changing all sorts of things for the CC and just never touched the EC again... So I just give up playing most the time... Kinda like how you just have to give up trying to loot a public corpse in the EC because it's a joke... Which IMO is most of the game... looting is a HUGE part of the game and when you just can't do it anymore then you wonder why am I bothering to even play? I don't know about anyone else but I still lock up a lot at events... still can't loot a public corpse and still crash way more often than I should.

Thinking of getting another new computer this year and not sure how that'll go... we'll see.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They even put that hideous Orc in the newsletter which ofc only CC players recognized as an orc. As a EC player I would have never guessed that it was an Orc sitting on the mount.
That wasn't an orc npc, that was a player dressed as an orc. Ringmail armor, axe and an orc mask.

There isn't any art in either client for an orc to ride a mount.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Indeed my RP orc is really a bald green skinned elf... I recognized it... as an "orc"... but yeah. I'm thinking I might get him that mount... be better than the swampy he rides.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Truth to be told there is nothing in EC client I need or want that is why i never made the change
I did prefer the 3rd dawn client over 2d/CC
I played KR and CC about 50/50

When EC came out they pretty much removed everything i thought was cool with KR and left a macro system i did not care about (the most advanced macro i ever did in uo was a double spell with delay) grid view i never think i ever had any need for an ugly paperdoll and couple nice monsters/mobiles (and some that was realy ugly)

I still remember when EC came out I was like WTF why!!!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That wasn't an orc npc, that was a player dressed as an orc. Ringmail armor, axe and an orc mask.

There isn't any art in either client for an orc to ride a mount.
Oh, my bad then. Thanks for letting me know.