• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today!

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick note on the lockdown changes.

First, the vague "changed how locked down containers work" note should have offered ( a lot) more detail. The system will now allow you to directly convert containers from secure to locked down and vice-versa. The underlying issue being fixed is the one where you cannot unlock individual items within a locked down container. That change was originally made to prevent exploitation allowing extra storage space by having non-secure containers netsted within locked down subcontainers. Unfortunately, that change meant that to release one item within a locked down container, you had to release the whole container. So now, you can say "i wish to secure this", target a locked down container, and it will convert to a secure in place, allowing the contents to be reorganized. Then, simply say "i wish to lock this down" and target the secure container to convert it back to a lockdown. As a side effect of this change, there are no longer weight restrictions on locked down containers.

Second, we do not intend for the changes to the ability to drop items into locked down containers to be griefable, and we will make sure the change is carefully reviewed before final publish. It should be the case that locked down containers can always be opened and their contents viewed by anyone who has access to a house, regardless of the container's security settings. So, setting a locked down container's security to Friend or higher should allow it to be opened by anyone* while requiring house friend or better status to drop items in.

* "Anyone" meaning anyone not banned from a public house, or anyone granted access to a private house.

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a red detect a blue?
Yes, since a red can freely attacking everyone, they are allowed a chance to detect everyone.

All AOE hit blues now period? (wither for example)
This only applies to targeted AOEs which give negative action gumps. This will only flag the selected target and will only harm surrounding targets that you are able to attack.

See you on TC :)

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently the devs also do not have time to worry about actual game play bugs either, if the fix is too hard. My Gargoyle Mace and Shield glasses are still broken, as the HLD, NEVER goes off, and there is that pesky little first miss, 99% of the time with throwing.

I never use a shield with my thrower, but last I knew, that too was messed up.
Gargoyle Mace and Shield glasses are fixed in publish 69. As for missing the first throw 99% of the time, this issue was resolved in a previous publish.

See you on TC :)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they Mentioned the Sea horses when they had the live Town Hall in August I attended.
They WANTED to have them in High Seas, but the Z-Axis issues just couldn't be solved, even now.
Yea, the subject of rideable seahorses has come up on a couple of occasions. There are some rather significant technical hurdles to making that a reality. Same thing goes for anything that might have flapping wings - and especially anything that would fly with someone riding it.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm is it not the same as a boat with another model, we can actually also "ride" a boat, if you now take this boat and transform it into a seahorse it should be possible or?
Well, I mis-spoke - TECHNICALLY, we can let you ride practically anything (please keep jokes to PG rating.) The technical hurdles lie in making it look like you would expect it to. The Seahorse would have to be effectively laying almost face-down in the ocean - that takes a lot of the cool out of it right there. But lets say that we were able make the horse upright, and make some kind of saddle that the player looks completely natural mounted on a seahorse. The next thing would get it to look like it's partially submerged in water. You see, if you know how the terrain and the animations work, at this point you'd be going "OOOoohhhh, I see". You see, our terrain doesn't clip in a way that makes things look like they're "in" water. We get around that by post-processing animations.

-Grimm