• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Graphical bug in the EC with this patch.

Items with a bright hilight now have that hilight as black.

I have a blue Friends of the Library Reading Lantern that now has the animated part flickering black. This is also happening on a non-animated EM event item spyglass which is a realli light yellow.

See the pic below:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two questions...

Can a red detect a blue?

All AOE hit blues now period? (wither for example)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adjusted the drop rate of small blackrock when mining
How about giving it an effing USE instead...
Obtain a bowl of rotworm stew, five small pieces of blackrock, and the arms of a Terathan Avenger and return to Salis for your reward.

Greetings ally of the Ophidians-s-s. I am working on a secret project to undermine the power of our hated enemies the Bane Chos-s-sen.

We know that the Bane Chos-s-sen use their knowledge of the Bane Dragon food to manipulate those hungry for power over Bane Dragons-s-s. If I can discover the s-s-secret recipe for their mysterious blackrock stew, we can sell it freely and weaken their power bas-s-se.

I s-s-seek assistance in this project. If you will assist, I will give you a copy of the recipe when I discover it.

I need the following ingredients-s-s, the arms of a Terathan Avenger, one bowl of rotworm stew, and five small pieces of blackrock. Will you assis-s-st us-s-s?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obtain a bowl of rotworm stew, five small pieces of blackrock, and the arms of a Terathan Avenger and return to Salis for your reward.

Greetings ally of the Ophidians-s-s. I am working on a secret project to undermine the power of our hated enemies the Bane Chos-s-sen.

We know that the Bane Chos-s-sen use their knowledge of the Bane Dragon food to manipulate those hungry for power over Bane Dragons-s-s. If I can discover the s-s-secret recipe for their mysterious blackrock stew, we can sell it freely and weaken their power bas-s-se.

I s-s-seek assistance in this project. If you will assist, I will give you a copy of the recipe when I discover it.

I need the following ingredients-s-s, the arms of a Terathan Avenger, one bowl of rotworm stew, and five small pieces of blackrock. Will you assis-s-st us-s-s?
Cool, finally!

A

Amathist

I truly hope the access levels on containers is cleared up and fixed if need be because my guild has both a rune library and museum and rares collection owned by our members and if this change happens big changes are going to have to take place to each house and possibly the public will no longer be able to use or view them.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where's the white dye tub that allows us to dye cloth like the white leather dye tub? Shouldn't be too hard to toss in -- and heck, add it to the monk that sells the brown robes in the Yew Winery.
Answer:

Two questions...

Can a red detect a blue?

A red should be able to detect a flagged blue, from the patch notes. Not sure about if a red can flag a blue that is not flagged, though -- but we're talking about PASSIVE ONLY ... can still use tracking, for example, then target directly.

As for the AOE (blue vs blue):

On test, in Trammel --

-Arch Protection doesn't work on Blue or Guildy, but will hit caster if you're in range
-Arch Curse doesn't work on Blue or Guildy
-Meteor Swarm and Arch Lightning doesn't work on Blue of Guildy
-Wither doesn't work on Blue or Guildy

On test, in Fel --

-Arch Protection doesn't work on Blue or Guildy, but will hit your own dude if you're in range
-Arch Curse works on Blue if targeted directly only, but not on a Guildy
-Meteor Swarm and Arch Lightning work on Blue if targeted directly only, but not on a Guildy
-Wither works on flagged Blue only (need to be attacked by blue first) but EQ doesn't work and neither work on a Guildy

Adjusted the drop rate of small blackrock when mining
How about giving it an effing USE instead...
I assume blackrock pieces will eventually be used to make blackrock stew, via the Ophidian cook -- although, I don't understand why an Ophidian would want to make it.

Edit: R Traveler just confirmed the above, ha.

Crabs and lobsters give 1 point each same as fish :(
That's lame :/ ... they should be worth more pts. Here's what I suggest:

Shore: 1 pt each
Deep: 2 pts each
Dungeon: 3 pts each
Crab/Lobster: 5 pts each
Rare Crab/Lobster/Fish: 12 pts each

A Boura? Really?

I can only hope that the "armored" part of this gives some attribute, otherwise, I'll keep my 13th year picks for another year... ahummm, 15 months, til the 14th year picks will be here.
Bouras are big and ugly. We don't like oversized, ugly mounts.

Who chose a boura over say the rideable dragon people have been asking for.. (swamp dragons don't count... see the big and ugly comment above)
Wow so many boura haters!! As a Star Wars fan I love the boura! Looks awesome, can't wait to get :). Also, I hope rideable dragons never make the cut, lol ... just not practical due to X-axis.

I want to know with the rugs ... Can we chose a rug and then pick which rug we want like a banner deed????? Or do I have to waste Three rewards for each one just to see what they all 3 look like??????
Good question ... I'm scared to test a vet reward on Test Center unless they give items in bank? ;P

By the way, love how fields are now ... nice to see that fix!

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The magic reflection spell decreases the caster's physical resistance and physical resistance cap, while increasing the caster's elemental resistances.
I guess there comes the tactical thing they were saying. Having magic reflect screws your physical cap so you can not balance the resists with Reactive Armor i guess like used too.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The magic reflection spell will once again be enhanced to provide additional tactical options in player versus player combat. At this time, any targeted non AOE spell, regardless of its circle, can be reflected (excluding Bards mastery abilities). This change will add variety and additional tactical options when fighting a character who has cast magic reflect. The magic reflection spell decreases the caster's physical resistance and physical resistance cap, while increasing the caster's elemental resistances. This spell now works off a pool, if you do not have any reserves left in your pool you only have to cast the spell once to replenish it, If you have reserves in your pool you must cast Magic Reflect once to remove the spell and again to re-add the spell.
When a player casts magic reflect they will receive a pool of reflection power which is based off of their magery, inscription, and scaled by their magic resistance.
I think it's great that the devs are putting changes like this in. I very much wish, however, that they could do it without forcing many players to rebuild their suits which takes huge amounts of time and gold.

I have an idea that could keep everyone happy with these changes.

The only thing that is causing people grief with the proposed changes is the lowering of the physical resistance cap. Now, I agree with needing to have a downside to the spell when it has a possibility of reflecting spells. However, once the magic reflect pool is empty, you no longer need to offset its benefits.

What if the spell works as proposed, but when the magic reflect pool runs out, the physical cap returns to normal? The spell can then be used two ways: either as a resistance modification, or as a tactical option to those who wish to utilize the magic reflect pool.

What do you guys think?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crabs and lobsters give 1 point each same as fish :(

Give 1 point as in regards to what ? The Library Collections ?

If so, that makes no sense to me as getting fish is quite less a pain than trapping crabs and lobsters. Besides, getting fish has no cost while using traps is costly because traps do sink and quite a lot.

Crabs and Lobsters should be worth quite more than regular fish as in regards to Library Collections.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOguide is a recognised uo fansite http://www.uoherald.com/node/17 just as Stratics is. I see no reason why it should not be cited as a reference just as Stratics often is. I firmly believe that our two sites complement each other to provide a comprehensive overview of the game. In this instance I bow to JC, his site did it better.

Both sites are good, both have their strengths and weaknesses. Together they are awesome.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

Big and ugly.

Does anyone BESIDES sampires ride swampies? NO.

Does anyone even use the Bane Dragons? very very few and THATS with a special ability

BOURA = another big hunking ugly ride.

I've subscribed for a hell of a long time, and I know that the people playing for like 3 years are going to scream, but MY GOSH, shouldn't the people that have paid for THIS LONG get a reward that is COOL?

Seriously?

I hope there is some hidden trick to these Bouras...

I agree.

Players supporting a game for long, 13 years should be recognized better of their loyalty.

Perhaps these "armoured" bouras add some good defense bonus to the owner ?

Of course, it should be considerably better that what an armored swamp dragon adds because if it was the same or little above, who'd waste a 13th Year Vet pick to get moreless the same defense bonus that a swampie can give ?

Perhaps this "armored" Boura is also a zero followers slot mount ?
This could make it a bit more valuable and considerable as a worthy 13th Year veteran pick......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But haven't you ever read any of the threads complaining bitterly that vet rewards should not give anyone an unfair advantage over anyone who isn't old enough to use them?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But haven't you ever read any of the threads complaining bitterly that vet rewards should not give anyone an unfair advantage over anyone who isn't old enough to use them?
Nonetheless, they should also balance the meaningfullness of supporting a product over that ample span of years.

Veteran rewards goal, as I see it, is also that of motivating a player to maintain an account as active rather than closing it, perhaps for a break away, in order to qualify for the rewards desired. Active accounts mean increased support and revenues to the game.

But the rewards should be desirable in the first place.

Personally, getting yet another mount does not sound much that desirable, definately not after 13, long years of loyalty to the product.

The Teleporter tiles last year were a great example of a good balance between usefullness and playing balance. They were highly desirable and yet created no big problem to playing balance at all.

For 13th year, I suggested an item search tool. Claimable by 13th years accounts only but usable by all, like teleporter tiles were. A search tool that would work throughout one's whole account (means across all containers in a house, all characters' bank boxes and backpacks).

Such a tool would have been very usefull and handy and not balance breaking at all since players not having it could still do their searches the old way, looking at containers one by one. Furthermore, being claimable by 13th years only but usable by all everyone could have eventually been able, somehow, to get and use one.

Instead, we got yet another mount which cannot be more than a mere deco mount because then others will scream unbalance.........

No thanks, this was a disappointment choice for a 13th year vet Reward, IMHO.
Of course, if there is more to learn about this boura mount having some specialties and/or abilities I will change my opinion on it.

But as of now, with the informations I could read it sounds a real disappointment to me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well as far as the mount goes hey I never cared one iota for the silly polar bear either... I suppose it's a "status" symbol... but those who do want it well there you go. Just means I won't be using my pick on that and just get more teleporter tiles instead when I reach that year.

Ok so don't like the container change, do like the snow, wish the trees changed though but hey can't have it all I guess.

Can't see my gifts.. *makes frowny sad face* kinda bummed by that....

Really, really want to test those rugs out though... sure wish I could do that on test without wasting my real rewards.

I see the new ship in Inside UO.... from what I gather looks pretty sweet so far I'm trying to imagine it all "put together"...

I see some interesting new wall tiles.... wish I could use some of those!...

I also saw some cool ship wheels .... will this be something I can deco with???? Not sure what's up with those.

wondering... what's with the change in lighting to the EC???

Like the change to the firebeetle... certainly looks MUCH better over the last overly bright yellow beetle. Oddly this isn't in the patch notes. I've somewhat noticed a bunch of art file updates to the EC aren't in the notes ever.

And I'm glad UOGuide is getting some kudo's. Certainly deserve it... good site very useful like Stratics.

And I'm glad to hear about the stew recipe.. Now maybe I might have a reason to care about the whole bane thing.

And I have to agree with G.v.P... I would think that stinking lobster and crabs would be worth far more than 1 freaking point as a turn in... They should be worth far more. I like his idea of what things "should" be worth.

And finally... I'm going to have to agree about you all thinking it's "cool" for me to go out and commit acts of aggression towards innocents to get neat stuff. RP wise that would be highly difficult except on my pirate... guess now he's going to get a bad reputation there!.... *prepares his ship for killing the innocent merchants*

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a red detect a blue?
Yes, since a red can freely attacking everyone, they are allowed a chance to detect everyone.

This only applies to targeted AOEs which give negative action gumps. This will only flag the selected target and will only harm surrounding targets that you are able to attack.

See you on TC :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very concerned with this change.

As the owner of a player written book library, all shelves need to be set to "Anyone" as well as all books in that shelf. With this change, people can drop random items/books into my shelves, without my consent and without concern to the organization and setup of the library itself.

I'd have to max my lockdowns just to avoid someone sabotaging a library that is heavily used by the players on my shard.

Hopefully this change isn't implemented in the final publish.

On the same note, can we get more information on this change, as this could also potentially affect players with book/runebook libraries.
I highly doubt that a "heavily used player written book library" even exists.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very pleased the Magic Reflect wont wear off and change resists. Thank you for listening devs.
This was my concern that if you were attacked by a mob with spells that the magic reflect would be removed along with the resist changes. So you are saying this will not happen then, sounds great to me. Otherwise I would have to redo my armour set and not use magic reflect on my sammy.

Hopes this is the case.

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am feeling a little denied with the blinking fireflies... how about giving us some strands of lights next year that we can play with! But everything else has got my hopes up for more game play. I am looking forward to the invasions of towns and the added monsters in the abyss. The new vet rewards sound very cool. So 1 out of 3 ain't so bad but I am putting in my formal request for strands of lights next year!!

So kudos goes out to the Dev team for all their hard work in the added game play that I am anxiously awaiting...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

This was my concern that if you were attacked by a mob with spells that the magic reflect would be removed along with the resist changes. So you are saying this will not happen then, sounds great to me. Otherwise I would have to redo my armour set and not use magic reflect on my sammy.

Hopes this is the case.
At first that was the case, but they fixed it, Magic Reflect now stays on (as far as resists) recasting while your reflect pool is empty just refils the pool. You have to recast while the pool has some points in it to turn it off. (Purge, death and Ward Removal also still remove it.)

As far as I can tell anyway, the system messages and buff descriptions on test are clioc errors, however I had lots of imps bombard me with spells for a good long time and the buff icon stayed up, which it didn't when I tried it a few days before.

So I'm also happily not having to rebuild my Necro/Scribe/Mage's suit (again).

I

ikaikaman

I have heard that P69 would apply on mid Dec.Testing a week or bring forward?

V

Visago

Bouras are big and ugly. We don't like oversized, ugly mounts.
look at it this way, now we can RP playing the sand people from starwars.

I for once would like a normal sized mount who's body parts are sticking through walls, blocking doors, or generally covering the ground so that I have to loot corpses sideways.

What would be wrong with getting some kind of special horse. Like a Pegasus which instead of running got the gargoyle ability to fly while mounted. Something "normal" sized.

To be fair though, I really like some of the other vet rewards, such as getting the SoS's and treasure maps.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, since a red can freely attacking everyone, they are allowed a chance to detect everyone.

This only applies to targeted AOEs which give negative action gumps. This will only flag the selected target and will only harm surrounding targets that you are able to attack.

See you on TC :)
Thank you, for not killing Reds and PK's...

You guys scared me for a second...:beer:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one really annoyed by only receiving a single option for 13th year and that the option SUCKS seriously take some feedback on this crap no one wants one of those... how about ride able seahorses finely now that u got the pirate stuff... or god anything really lets find a desirable mount the dragon or drake would be nice... or perhaps something silly like a chicken? I dono...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I the only one really annoyed by only receiving a single option for 13th year and that the option SUCKS seriously take some feedback on this crap no one wants one of those... how about ride able seahorses finely now that u got the pirate stuff... or god anything really lets find a desirable mount the dragon or drake would be nice... or perhaps something silly like a chicken? I dono...
The Devs don't have time to worry about cosmetic garbage...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick note on the lockdown changes.

First, the vague "changed how locked down containers work" note should have offered ( a lot) more detail. The system will now allow you to directly convert containers from secure to locked down and vice-versa. The underlying issue being fixed is the one where you cannot unlock individual items within a locked down container. That change was originally made to prevent exploitation allowing extra storage space by having non-secure containers netsted within locked down subcontainers. Unfortunately, that change meant that to release one item within a locked down container, you had to release the whole container. So now, you can say "i wish to secure this", target a locked down container, and it will convert to a secure in place, allowing the contents to be reorganized. Then, simply say "i wish to lock this down" and target the secure container to convert it back to a lockdown. As a side effect of this change, there are no longer weight restrictions on locked down containers.

Second, we do not intend for the changes to the ability to drop items into locked down containers to be griefable, and we will make sure the change is carefully reviewed before final publish. It should be the case that locked down containers can always be opened and their contents viewed by anyone who has access to a house, regardless of the container's security settings. So, setting a locked down container's security to Friend or higher should allow it to be opened by anyone* while requiring house friend or better status to drop items in.

* "Anyone" meaning anyone not banned from a public house, or anyone granted access to a private house.
The bit in red. Does that mean, effectively, that anyone who strolls into my public houses can have a nose through my containers, although they won't be able to lift anything out? Because if it does, I gotta tell you, I am NOT a happy bunny.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Flying gargoyles, raptors, pet dyes, Armored rideable Boura, you know where we'll end up don't ya...

...Though the guy in the top left should probably have a bokuto too.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for the AOE (blue vs blue):

On test, in Trammel --

-Arch Protection doesn't work on Blue or Guildy, but will hit caster if you're in range
-Arch Curse doesn't work on Blue or Guildy
-Meteor Swarm and Arch Lightning doesn't work on Blue of Guildy
-Wither doesn't work on Blue or Guildy

On test, in Fel --

-Arch Protection doesn't work on Blue or Guildy, but will hit your own dude if you're in range
-Arch Curse works on Blue if targeted directly only, but not on a Guildy
-Meteor Swarm and Arch Lightning work on Blue if targeted directly only, but not on a Guildy
-Wither works on flagged Blue only (need to be attacked by blue first) but EQ doesn't work and neither work on a Guildy
Here's a couple more things to test, on both facets....

MS or Chain Lightning on a guild/ally pet - both when blue, and when actually displaying green. (pets can "go blue", even your own, if not given commands often enough - and are blue on rezzing, until given a command). Also test on your own pet, in both color conditions.
MS or CL on a party-member's (non-ally) pet
MS or CL on Summons - yours, guild/ally, partied non-ally.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bit in red. Does that mean, effectively, that anyone who strolls into my public houses can have a nose through my containers, although they won't be able to lift anything out? Because if it does, I gotta tell you, I am NOT a happy bunny.
Only locked down containers, secured ones are still private.

I don't know anyone who uses locked down containers unless they are showing off items anyway.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Isn't it only locked down containers set to ANYONE? Set them to anything higher than that and they're as they are now?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it only locked down containers set to ANYONE? Set them to anything higher than that and they're as they are now?
As I read it, locked down containers can be opened by anyone regardless of security, the security setting is for who can drop items into the box.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

they Mentioned the Sea horses when they had the live Town Hall in August I attended.
They WANTED to have them in High Seas, but the Z-Axis issues just couldn't be solved, even now.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

NO, you are not the only one annoyed by it.

I understand holding a few nice carrots out there at the 1st year mark, keep people interested and retain their accounts long enough, and maybe UO will get it's hooks in those new players....

BUT BUT BUT.....

It is absolutely ridiculous to only give someone that has played this game for 13 plus years only ONE CHOICE and then let that choice be something that I have NEVER SEEN A PLAYER ASK FOR.... and outside of fan-boy GVP (just ribbing you bud! :eek:), NO ONE seems to like?!?!!

Yes, this is extremely disappointing.

Am I canceling my accounts, of course not! I do not play the game for the vet rewards.... but my gosh, at the risk of sounding like and agreeing with Popps, I have to say: with the dedication and money I've spent for 13+ years, I would like to have seen more.

:mad:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I confess that I am reading - and posting - under the influence of fairly substantial quantities of codeine, so I may be a little muzzy in the comprehension stakes. But, the fact that two different posters have come up with two different interpretations of the text says to me that a little more clarity is required on this issue, please!

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do we get the holiday gifts on TC? (if you create a new char now)

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the new rewards are fine. Don't like the mount? Then get the earlier rewards.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

NO, you are not the only one annoyed by it.

I understand holding a few nice carrots out there at the 1st year mark, keep people interested and retain their accounts long enough, and maybe UO will get it's hooks in those new players....

BUT BUT BUT.....

It is absolutely ridiculous to only give someone that has played this game for 13 plus years only ONE CHOICE and then let that choice be something that I have NEVER SEEN A PLAYER ASK FOR.... and outside of fan-boy GVP (just ribbing you bud! :eek:), NO ONE seems to like?!?!!

Yes, this is extremely disappointing.

Am I canceling my accounts, of course not! I do not play the game for the vet rewards.... but my gosh, at the risk of sounding like and agreeing with Popps, I have to say: with the dedication and money I've spent for 13+ years, I would like to have seen more.

:mad:
:thumbup1:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My firebeetle in EC looks a bit different now. :)

There seems to have been some artwork tweaks not announced in the EC; so far, dyed rune books, Trinsic Rose petals, bloodwood crafted items all seem to have had their hues shifted, usually to a more lighter/neon hue. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the game may default to a different zoom setting when first started too...

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since i patched ive noticed my gargy chars have text at feet instead of above, also color gradients are odd as well. this is in CC.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a couple more things to test, on both facets....

MS or Chain Lightning on a guild/ally pet - both when blue, and when actually displaying green. (pets can "go blue", even your own, if not given commands often enough - and are blue on rezzing, until given a command). Also test on your own pet, in both color conditions.
MS or CL on a party-member's (non-ally) pet
MS or CL on Summons - yours, guild/ally, partied non-ally.
One thing I can add right off the bat is if you target a blue player's daemon, for example, with chain lightning, you damage it, then if you target the player, you damage the player, but if neither are aggro then you cant target both at the same time with the AOE. So if the blue aggros you can target the pet and hit the player w/ AOE effect, if you're a blue -- if that makes sense.

V

Vyal

Few things...
Cleansing Winds is still pretty much the same.

Also I found a bug on TC1 where you alter a quiver of infinity and it vanishes when you put it on unless you dye it.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Devs don't have time to worry about cosmetic garbage...
Apparently the devs also do not have time to worry about actual game play bugs either, if the fix is too hard. My Gargoyle Mace and Shield glasses are still broken, as the HLD, NEVER goes off, and there is that pesky little first miss, 99% of the time with throwing.

I never use a shield with my thrower, but last I knew, that too was messed up.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick note on the lockdown changes.

First, the vague "changed how locked down containers work" note should have offered ( a lot) more detail. The system will now allow you to directly convert containers from secure to locked down and vice-versa. The underlying issue being fixed is the one where you cannot unlock individual items within a locked down container. That change was originally made to prevent exploitation allowing extra storage space by having non-secure containers netsted within locked down subcontainers. Unfortunately, that change meant that to release one item within a locked down container, you had to release the whole container. So now, you can say "i wish to secure this", target a locked down container, and it will convert to a secure in place, allowing the contents to be reorganized. Then, simply say "i wish to lock this down" and target the secure container to convert it back to a lockdown. As a side effect of this change, there are no longer weight restrictions on locked down containers.

Second, we do not intend for the changes to the ability to drop items into locked down containers to be griefable, and we will make sure the change is carefully reviewed before final publish. It should be the case that locked down containers can always be opened and their contents viewed by anyone who has access to a house, regardless of the container's security settings. So, setting a locked down container's security to Friend or higher should allow it to be opened by anyone* while requiring house friend or better status to drop items in.

* "Anyone" meaning anyone not banned from a public house, or anyone granted access to a private house.

I don't know anyone who uses locked down containers unless they are showing off items anyway.
As I read it, locked down containers can be opened by anyone regardless of security, the security setting is for who can drop items into the box.

Since i spent an hour on TC testing various permutations of this, I can definitively say that Phoenix doesn't know WTF he's talking about - Everything he said is WRONG.

In post #45 of this thread I noted what different access levels for locked down containers vs secures. They do NOT function the way Phoenix seems to think they do. If your lockdown box is set to anyone, anyone can drop crap in. If its set to friend, only friends can open it.

This change KILLS rune and book libraries. The converting lockdowns to secures does NOT solve the permissions issues, IT MAKES THEM WORSE.

I strongly suggest that the lockdown issues are moved to this thread so as to not overwhelm this one.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/229437-locked-down-containers-anyone.html

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know one thing that would actually make a ridable Boura, cool, but still Ugly as sin? The ability to simply click and mount, like a horse, get rid of the damn mount timer.

Ya, Ya, Ya, I know unbalance PvP and all that, too late! We have 2 second, single bandaid, no fail Warhorses now, plus Gargoyles that mount (fly) faster than ethy mounting, not to mention Animal form Ninjas.

Even a single pump mount would be a huge improvement, and how big are they in your pack? As bad as a Swampy? taking up half the damn pack? just asking.