• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it me ot its missing this last part in bug Fixes from Publish 69 announcement made yesterday ?

Just like Magery, the casting difficulty when using scrolls for Necromancy, Spell Weaving and Mysticism has been lowered by 2 "levels/circles".

Spell Weaving and Mysticism scrolls still require the minimum skill to cast them from a spell book to use. (#Note by me: i.e. success chance increase only, instead of actually make them cast-able with lower skill)

The duration of polymorph-style spells (e.g. Vampiric Embrace) is now a maximum of 3 minutes when the caster doesn't have the actual skill required to cast them from a spell book.

A minimum of 30.0 in both Necromancy and Spirit Speak is needed to cast Summon Familiar now.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes when I set necromancy at 65 I can morph into lich form with a scroll of Lich Form , but when I try at 60 necromancy I cant morph looks like. Necromancy do not have circles like magery spells does. So a 70 required necromancy spell would be 65 with a scroll to cast ? Im not sure if it is true but I tested on TC1

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So not only are there no invasions, there are no town criers at all. EA? Hello? Half your publish is missing. Maybe a post is in order?

B

Babble

The casting is not the problem but you revert if you don't have the skill.

not happy with it but as long as there are 100% lower reg suits and loop programs to macro it.. it is ok

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wanted to take a moment to thank the developers for nerfing the only non tamer mage template capable of fighting dexxers in PvP. With unstoppable bandaids and a combination of apples and potions, a decent dexxer will never die to a decent mage again.

I hope the next time you decide to make changes such as these, you attempt to at least balance things out so the outcomes will not be so skewed.

BTW, if any of you had ventured to the atlantic shard Luna over the course of the last week...you might have noticed 15+ people training at any given time on melee skills. The reason? They mostly all agreed that mages (as a whole) have been rendered ineffective vs. any other template aside from another mage in head to head combat.