• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today!

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[size=+1]Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today![/size]
James Nichols

6 Dec 2010 17:57:43 EST

Publish 69 arrives today on Test Center 1,

We've provided the notes for this publish below - we encourage you to check them out and let us know what you think, have fun!

Read more here!

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is probably a dumb question, but what does a dungeon teleporter do?

I Play UO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Um...correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing has changed since it's been on tc1. :confused: And you can still cast on the run...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
This is the kind of publish we've been needing: mostly focused on bug fixes.

W

Whinemaker

Locked down containers with security set to “Anyone” will now allow anyone with access to the house to drop items in. They will NOT be able to retrieve the items unless they are a Friend of the house or higher!
I have a small rune library (sets of runebooks) locked down inside a container set to anyone because I have a small house and it'd just look plain ugly if I locked the books down on the floor. My house is also set to public to allow others (anyone) to have access to the container, thus the runebooks.

My suggestion is that perhaps they should allow the owner of a container to choose whether he wants to accept items from others for that container, otherwise I see a possible griefing situation where people just fill your container with junk.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of bug fixes, thats good. Some nice goodies, thats fine too. The EC Patches are not what was expected, that's sad :(

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
METAL DYE TUB! SQUEE!

Adding a bit of junk to merchant ships still isn't going to get me out there though. The whole system is a six-figure money loser.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wondering if this is worded correctly, cause the way I'm reading it only the account needs to be 30 days old, and hasn't it been prior to this that the character needed to be?

"Happy holidays to all! We have gifts for characters from accounts that are more than 30 days old! Be sure to log in before January 25th to get your gift!"

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the kind of publish we've been needing: mostly focused on bug fixes.
Though a lot of the "bugs" seem more like tweaks to the system. It is an impressive list. This one has me nervous:

To remove confusion House Teleporters can no longer be secured by players since they only work when locked down.

I hope that means "I wish to secure this" will lock the teleporter down instead of giving a message that it cant be secured. It might be more confusing if someone's expensive vet reward tile decays or get snagged by someone else for not seeing the message.

Alot of museum owners probably wont like this...

Locked down containers with security set to “Anyone” will now allow anyone with access to the house to drop items in.

if their public museums allow anyone to fill their containers with junk.

I also hope...

They will NOT be able to retrieve the items unless they are a Friend of the house or higher!

Actually follows current lock down protocol. For example if a co-owner drops an item in, then a friend can not retrieve it.

I guess I have a few reasons to get on TC.

The vet rewards are ok I suppose. I don't see the point of a dungeon teleporter. I don't think ill burn a 10 year on a rug unless it gives me a peculiar seed that produces more seeds from the plant. I really hate farming them.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have added additional loot to the Merchant ships, you will have a chance to get a white cloth dye tub and Liquor/Ale named after the shards (names provided by the EM’s)
Somebody please remind me but wasnt this an issue with the white dye tubs and now they are adding it back into the game? I dont recall if the white tubs was for leather only.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Locked down containers with security set to “Anyone” will now allow anyone with access to the house to drop items in. They will NOT be able to retrieve the items unless they are a Friend of the house or higher!
I'm very concerned with this change.

As the owner of a player written book library, all shelves need to be set to "Anyone" as well as all books in that shelf. With this change, people can drop random items/books into my shelves, without my consent and without concern to the organization and setup of the library itself.

I'd have to max my lockdowns just to avoid someone sabotaging a library that is heavily used by the players on my shard.

Hopefully this change isn't implemented in the final publish.

On the same note, can we get more information on this change, as this could also potentially affect players with book/runebook libraries.

Adjusted the way items inside a locked down container work

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Somebody please remind me but wasnt this an issue with the white dye tubs and now they are adding it back into the game? I dont recall if the white tubs was for leather only.
The white die tubs are leather these will be cloth if i understand right

Messana had mentioned this in town hall i think it was said dont buy yhe cloth we would be getting cloth white tubs

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The white die tubs are leather these will be cloth if i understand right

Messana had mentioned this in town hall i think it was said dont buy yhe cloth we would be getting cloth white tubs
We rec'd white leather dye tubs for the anniversary award. The white dye tub for cloth will be obtained by NPC I believe it said.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a small rune library (sets of runebooks) locked down inside a container set to anyone because I have a small house and it'd just look plain ugly if I locked the books down on the floor. My house is also set to public to allow others (anyone) to have access to the container, thus the runebooks.

My suggestion is that perhaps they should allow the owner of a container to choose whether he wants to accept items from others for that container, otherwise I see a possible griefing situation where people just fill your container with junk.

As the owner of a player written book library, all shelves need to be set to "Anyone" as well as all books in that shelf. With this change, people can drop random items/books into my shelves, without my consent and without concern to the organization and setup of the library itself.

I'd have to max my lockdowns just to avoid someone sabotaging a library that is heavily used by the players on my shard.

Hopefully this change isn't implemented in the final publish.

On the same note, can we get more information on this change, as this could also potentially affect players with book/runebook libraries.

THESE!

I too run a rune library with the books neatly organized into containers for easy use. Allowing anyone to drop things into containers set to anyone is STUPID and WILL BE USED TO GRIEF.

This is a bad change and completely unasked for.

Isn't this what mailboxes are for anyway? Just make the craftable so new players can get them too.

Adjusted the way items inside a locked down container work
This couldn't be any more vague... Adjusted..how? Cascading permissions? What?

Adjusted the drop rate of small blackrock when mining
How about giving it an effing USE instead...

U

unified

Probably just one more thing to limit player interaction...
No offense, but there aren't any players to interact with. GL is like a ghost town with empty towns and dungeons. I really feel sorry for new players who will be overwhelmed by smaller dungeon (Despise, etc.) spawn since the protection of other players being around is gone. :sleep2:

Teleporting to a dungeon entrance won't limit player interaction since most, if not all, of us have marked runes to every dungeon entrance anyway. If this is a house item, then this reward will probably be a waste for many of us.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crabs and loberters need to be able to be cooked and eaten. Mmmm... dungoness crab!

Snow looks really bad in the EC with all the green plants and trees. How about coloring/replacing them like was done a few years ago?

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick note on the lockdown changes.

First, the vague "changed how locked down containers work" note should have offered ( a lot) more detail. The system will now allow you to directly convert containers from secure to locked down and vice-versa. The underlying issue being fixed is the one where you cannot unlock individual items within a locked down container. That change was originally made to prevent exploitation allowing extra storage space by having non-secure containers netsted within locked down subcontainers. Unfortunately, that change meant that to release one item within a locked down container, you had to release the whole container. So now, you can say "i wish to secure this", target a locked down container, and it will convert to a secure in place, allowing the contents to be reorganized. Then, simply say "i wish to lock this down" and target the secure container to convert it back to a lockdown. As a side effect of this change, there are no longer weight restrictions on locked down containers.

Second, we do not intend for the changes to the ability to drop items into locked down containers to be griefable, and we will make sure the change is carefully reviewed before final publish. It should be the case that locked down containers can always be opened and their contents viewed by anyone who has access to a house, regardless of the container's security settings. So, setting a locked down container's security to Friend or higher should allow it to be opened by anyone* while requiring house friend or better status to drop items in.

* "Anyone" meaning anyone not banned from a public house, or anyone granted access to a private house.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with the above stated sentiments:

As a museum owner, it would have been terrible for anyone "visiting" to be able to drop stuff in my display containers...so, thanks for the clarification.

Also, I am disappointed with the 13th vet ride.

A Boura? Really?

I can only hope that the "armored" part of this gives some attribute, otherwise, I'll keep my 13th year picks for another year... ahummm, 15 months, til the 14th year picks will be here.

PS: I LOVE the bug fixes. Thank you so much for the attention to all of those little and big issues... I'd much rather see these in publishes than 2010 Harvest wine or new turkey quests. These are the things that are going to keep people playing, so thanks!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix,

That seems overly confusing...and a bit over-thought.

We set access to 'anyone' on locked down containers which contain runebooks that are also set to anyone. Thus anyone can come in and freely use the books.

This sounds more like a change to what 'friend' means. i.e. it sounds like everyone is now a 'friend' to a public building? Or is that just for lockdowns?

Why not create a new permission level called "drop box," instead of confusing us with things working differently between secures and 'lock downs.'

The conversion of lock downs to secures and vice versa sounds nice, but completely neglects the major complaint of the core issue. Permissions. The big issue is having to reset permissions on up to 125 individual items..especially books. It's a pain in the ass. We need cascading permissions, that’s what was really asked for ages ago. Talking to players would have helped narrow the scope of what truly was needed.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: the boura mount

Bouras are big and ugly. We don't like oversized, ugly mounts.

Who chose a boura over say the rideable dragon people have been asking for.. (swamp dragons don't count... see the big and ugly comment above)

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: the boura mount

Bouras are big and ugly. We don't like oversized, ugly mounts.

Who chose a boura over say the rideable dragon people have been asking for.. (swamp dragons don't count... see the big and ugly comment above)

Yes.

Big and ugly.

Does anyone BESIDES sampires ride swampies? NO.

Does anyone even use the Bane Dragons? very very few and THATS with a special ability

BOURA = another big hunking ugly ride.

I've subscribed for a hell of a long time, and I know that the people playing for like 3 years are going to scream, but MY GOSH, shouldn't the people that have paid for THIS LONG get a reward that is COOL?

Seriously?

I hope there is some hidden trick to these Bouras...

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question to clarify:

If I lock down a chest, simply "I wish to lock this down," but do not want the contents inside viewed, that is still possible without having to do anything further correct?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garland still sits on the floor in the EC instead of hanging on the wall like the CC. Any chance of a fix for that getting in before the publish is final?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garland still sits on the floor in the EC instead of hanging on the wall like the CC. Any chance of a fix for that getting in before the publish is final?
There are several items like this... Looks awful. I didn't bother with garlans this year just because of this issue :(

Ruined tapestries need to be fixed too. They sit on the WRONG edge of the tile they are in in the EC.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

First, the vague "changed how locked down containers work" note should have offered ( a lot) more detail. The system will now allow you to directly convert containers from secure to locked down and vice-versa. The underlying issue being fixed is the one where you cannot unlock individual items within a locked down container. That change was originally made to prevent exploitation allowing extra storage space by having non-secure containers netsted within locked down subcontainers. Unfortunately, that change meant that to release one item within a locked down container, you had to release the whole container. So now, you can say "i wish to secure this", target a locked down container, and it will convert to a secure in place, allowing the contents to be reorganized. Then, simply say "i wish to lock this down" and target the secure container to convert it back to a lockdown. As a side effect of this change, there are no longer weight restrictions on locked down containers.

Second, we do not intend for the changes to the ability to drop items into locked down containers to be griefable, and we will make sure the change is carefully reviewed before final publish. It should be the case that locked down containers can always be opened and their contents viewed by anyone who has access to a house, regardless of the container's security settings. So, setting a locked down container's security to Friend or higher should allow it to be opened by anyone* while requiring house friend or better status to drop items in.

* "Anyone" meaning anyone not banned from a public house, or anyone granted access to a private house.
Whoop whoop!!! Wait just a moment here!!!! NOW I hope like bloody heck that you are NOT saying what it sounds like you are saying.

The F'n hell I want any bloody danged fool coming into my house and looking through all my secure chests!!!!! Whether or not they can "get into them" or not taking things in and out I don't NOT want anyone looking though my things.

I have NEVER EVER had a "private" house and my homes have ALWAYS been open to the public.... that that bloody well does not mean I want folk snooping through my drawers so to speak.

I think you best be clarifying that issue!

And could I PLEASE get an clarification on how many Co-owners a house can have??? I understand I'll be able to be co-owned to up to 10 houses but how many co-owners can each house have?

Also I'm not seeing gifts on TC and since the TC was wiped no one is old enough there to get a gift...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dang it also when are you all going to fix the EC dye tubs so I can see what the frick color I'm selecting????

As it is right now I can't tell the color I select isn't anything like the color I see... and hair dye is bugged too... how am I supposed to choose if I don't see the right colors on the menu?

P.S. Thanks for the snow! I love it.... even though it looks strange and bluish in the EC... and I sure wish the trees were white too... but that's ok... it's sure pretty

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Blue players can now be targeted and attacked by AOE spells, only the targeted blue player will take damage if others are around him/her.
PLEASE clarify that this is Fel-ruleset only.

Currently, people outside Fel will target blues (non-allies) in parties, blue pets (whether the owner is in a party or not), allies (green), THEMSELVES (green, obviously) and their own pets (green or blue, depending on command status) with AoE spells, in order to target all the hostiles surrounding the target point.

This is because it's often easier because of the surrounding vegetation or the movement patterns of the things you want to damage (or both) to target a health bar of something that has, up to this point, not taken damage from AOE spells, than attempt to get a valid target on a hostile.

IF this allows the targets in the above, non-Fel, situations to take damage, there's gonna be a LOT of friendly fire (and getting eaten by pets or killed by one's friends) as soon as it goes live.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Very pleased the Magic Reflect wont wear off and change resists. Thank you for listening devs.

S

shulginist

A few rares museum owners should be concerned as well. Just a matter of time before one of the shady collectors starts dropping water tiles and other illegal items into other collectors containers that have locked down display items inside and then page on them.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Does changing a container from locked down to secure remove individual items security settings? If it does then we have to go back in and reset all the security for items in the container and that makes the whole change almost worthless. Cascading permissions has been the real issue not unlocking and relocking items.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick question...

Where's the white dye tub that allows us to dye cloth like the white leather dye tub? Shouldn't be too hard to toss in -- and heck, add it to the monk that sells the brown robes in the Yew Winery.

Thanks!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the locked down containers, what will be the default setting be owner only when it goes live to prod?

Also, What is the probability that secures and log out access could be individually friended some day? Take vendors for example. I'd like to give some a secure or two to stockpile their wares without necessarily giving access to other friends of the house. And I have always wanted to set up a trading house for my long time holiday and anniversary x-shard gift swapping friends. So I'd want them to have a single secure and the ability to log there but nothing else.

S

Shadowghast

Also I'm not seeing gifts on TC and since the TC was wiped no one is old enough there to get a gift...
I think they did that so no one could see the gifts, until they give them out on the shards.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there something wrong with how lockdowns worked before? Is having strangers able to drop junk in an Anyone container really something anyone cares about?

Also my account has been 94 months old for 2 months now. Vet rewards don't mean much if I can never get one.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Containers Tested on TC1:
What I used:
Locked down bag, with a rune book in it.

Bag & Runebook set to ‘Anyone’:
Anyone could access the bag and the book. Anyone can also place crap into the bag.
Bag set to ‘friend,’ runebook left at ‘anyone’:
Bag could only be opened by a friend, not anyone. Runebook could not be accessed.

Bag changed to a secure, runebook left alone:
Bag could not be opened by anyone not specifically accessed to the house.
Bag changed back to a lockdown, set permissions as anyone, runebook left alone:
Bag could be opened by anyone, stuff could be dropped in. Runebook could NOT be accessed, appears to have lost its permissions.

Verdict:
These changes are completely worthless to homeowners as they do not resolve anything.
We do not want/need people to be able to drop any old item into a container set to ‘anyone.’ We have mailboxes for this.
We do not want permissions to be lost when switching between ‘locked down’ and ‘secure.’ This change is NOT what we’ve been asking for.
FIX:
Cascading permissions so we don’t have to click hundreds of times to provide a community service.
REMOVE the COMPLETELY GRIEFABLE ability for anyone to put things into locked down ‘anyone’ permission containers.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they did that so no one could see the gifts, until they give them out on the shards.
2D has yet to be patched, so you would only be able to see the rocking horse anyway. You can't even see the new CoM base yet without the EC.

A

AtlanteanAngel

Anyone notice that UOHerald.com now references and hyperlinks UOGuide.com in their Publish Notes? Ironically, it was not so long ago (a year back?) that someone paged a GM on JC the Builder in-game, to ban him for having the url www.UOGuide.com in his paperdoll. The GM and JC had a heated "I'll ban you if you don't comply!" argument over this.

And today, UOHerald.com references and links to UOGuide.com, implicitly sanctioning it (afterall UOGuide.com does all the UO documentation work for EAMythic, who must be secretly pleased they're spared having to do all that work themselves).

Good for UOGuide.com.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone notice that UOHerald.com now references and hyperlinks UOGuide.com in their Publish Notes? Ironically, it was not so long ago (a year back?) that someone paged a GM on JC the Builder in-game, to ban him for having the url www.UOGuide.com in his paperdoll. The GM and JC had a heated "I'll ban you if you don't comply!" argument over this.

And today, UOHerald.com references and links to UOGuide.com, implicitly sanctioning it (afterall UOGuide.com does all the UO documentation work for EAMythic, who must be secretly pleased they're spared having to do all that work themselves).

Good for UOGuide.com.
Agreed. Good for them. However, UOGuide does have quite a bit of misinformation and could use some more fine tuning to make it more readable to new players (as my friend Korik Bloodguard suggested in an earlier thread). I make corrections on there whenever I spot them and hope everyone will do the same to make it more of an accurate source of information (it is a Wiki after all).

Slickjack

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question...

Where's the white dye tub that allows us to dye cloth like the white leather dye tub? Shouldn't be too hard to toss in -- and heck, add it to the monk that sells the brown robes in the Yew Winery.

Thanks!

Read. It's real handy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I want to know .... why can't I see and test these presents on Test???

I'm not old enough to receive any gifts there. This really needs testing.

Also you need to give us a way to test and check vet rewards on test.

I want to know with the rugs ... Can we chose a rug and then pick which rug we want like a banner deed????? Or do I have to waste Three rewards for each one just to see what they all 3 look like??????