• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Scheduled Maintenance 7/13/10 – All Shards

J

James_Mythic

Hey all,

The Enhanced Client is back up and running and you should be able to connect to the game now. Thanks all!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I use the EC .. it's probably a server config file mixup, and we'll have it resolved as soon as we can.

- c
It is not a matter of you using EC or not Cal.....

The matter at hand here is that EC was not used for testing. If you guys did use EC client for testing, then why does it require a patch just so that EC can connect?

I do applaud the time you guys spent to get the patch out by working through the night so EC users can log in asap.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: [UO Herald] Scheduled Maintenance 7/13/10 - All Shards

Oracle DBA here and I want to know what version of Oracle RDBMS they were using and what they were upgrading to.

Secondly in terms of schema complexity I would be curious if how much ORACLE ultima online uses? If the Schema and the data structures aren't using the more complex features of Oracle, the main reason for upgrading would be continued TAR / Oracle Support. The functionality of the database can vary greatly with updates. Many older features are infact desupported in updates. In some cases unexpected results can happen if ones are not looking EXACTLY at what is being upgraded and how the functionality of the data structures changes via updates. In many cases its better to just leave the database alone.....

Upgrading Oracle has nothing to do with Hardware. That's the OS and the hardware compatibility the OS provides the hardware. However Oracle Owns SUN , so SUNOS would provide hardware support for SUN based OS's
Anyway the database will make a application level request and the OS will decide how that request will be handled on the OS / device driver level
My guess is that the fact that they referred to the update as being long overdue, comes from the last major changes to the housing & character databases being the addition of the 6th character slot (with room for the later 7th slot added in), and the storage amount changes, both of which date from before the release of Oracle 10.

So, they might be jumping straight from 9.x to 11.

James, how close am I?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

"Sun's up, uh huh, looks ok,
The world survives into another day..."

[YOUTUBE]H4FEn-ZKdDg[/YOUTUBE]

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

So, they might be jumping straight from 9.x to 11.
That was my guess. I'm thinking at least two full major version numbers, maybe more...

S

Sevin0oo0

"being long overdue"? So are a lot of things, and everyone knows it.

Since we're on the "same db as POGO", maybe it had nothing to do with us, and everything to do w/ them.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless anything has changed they take their fees from the bank of the player that placed them.
yes you do have to drop gold on the vendors directly, but then if something sells the gold goes in the vendors "bank" to fund the vendor untill you claim it.