• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 70.0 patch notes

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no way im wasting my blue crystals on growing plants.... what a horrible use for them after all this time saving them, and i dont see how growing plants rebuilds a city, they should have had a rubble turn-in npc

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe they're special flowers? yields frostwood
basically makes a normal plant with a special title i think...so like a green thorn plant for example or whatever the seed is you plant

A

Anvil of Crom

[ You should now be able to obtain the Magic Key for the Puzzle Room. ]

Well i just tried this and it didn't work for me. Doh!

back to the drawing board........:grouphug:

M

Mortimer Mouse

I saved 311 blue crystals to boost up plant growth a few days , AWESOME!rolleyes: :cursing: I agree with others..what a horrible way to make a use for these.
Are these crystals going to be an option for turn ins during spring cleaning? If not I guess I can always use them as pixel toilet paper because I am definitely not using them on plants.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
[ You should now be able to obtain the Magic Key for the Puzzle Room. ]

Well i just tried this and it didn't work for me. Doh!

back to the drawing board........:grouphug:
Wait til the pub is live on all shards...

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
found a few little nice tiles i hope they fix, and this is on origin and was on tc1 as well.

Attachments

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the previous patch, the EC does not show the custom faces in the EC paperdoll anymore, but the default dorky face instead. Has this been fixed meanwhile?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone clarify, please?

Northern plots: I have 3 accounts, can I bid on all 11 plots 3x (1 per account) for 33 chances to win (and 330K gp)?

And after doing so, can I repeat the above on every other shard on which I have 330,000 gp?

Thank you!

G

Gunga_Din

Could someone clarify, please?

Northern plots: I have 3 accounts, can I bid on all 11 plots 3x (1 per account) for 33 chances to win (and 330K gp)?

And after doing so, can I repeat the above on every other shard on which I have 330,000 gp?

Thank you!
Yep

C

Cal_Mythic

Well I dont like to garden and have no use for a plant with my name on it, I hope there is some nice stuff in the Spring Catalog because what else am I gonna do with 127 blue crystals:sad4:

In addition to this use, yes we are adding the Blue Crystals to Spring Cleaning,

- C

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like that the blue crystals now has some use in Magincia for those asking to have them tie in as originally intended. I don't think there was a lot of developer time to go back and insert them in somewhere. Since they can still be used as a turn in for spring cleaning it gives players an option at least.

I'm also excited to try the new quest :)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick question! Will the spring cleaning reward items be the same and/or different reward items added?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that the blue crystals now has some use in Magincia for those asking to have them tie in as originally intended. I don't think there was a lot of developer time to go back and insert them in somewhere. Since they can still be used as a turn in for spring cleaning it gives players an option at least.

I'm also excited to try the new quest :)
I've been quite critical of this team on occasion, but I have to say the criticisms for the blue crystal use surprises me somewhat.

It appears to have been between "no use at all in Magincia," or this.

Now we have two uses.

I, for one, don't see the problem.

-Galen's player

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been quite critical of this team on occasion, but I have to say the criticisms for the blue crystal use surprises me somewhat.

It appears to have been between "no use at all in Magincia," or this.

Now we have two uses.

I, for one, don't see the problem.

-Galen's player
I think people perhaps feel that a little extra plant growth does not represent the 18 months they've held on to the crystals for.
At the least, I will be using mine for the Spring Cleaning, without a moment of indecision. It is nice for there to be an alternative to the turn-in, but saving a little time on growing the plants is not something that interests me as much.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I think people perhaps feel that a little extra plant growth does not represent the 18 months they've held on to the crystals for.
At the least, I will be using mine for the Spring Cleaning, without a moment of indecision. It is nice for there to be an alternative to the turn-in, but saving a little time on growing the plants is not something that interests me as much.
True that! I stopped messing with plants a while back and like that I have the option to use them for turn ins:spider:

E

Eyes of Origin

Love the new changes to Mag!

I like the idea of the plots closer to the bank and docks being 2k... heres my reason why.... ppl will sink more gold into those plots then they will for the others that are 10k

Personally, I think I've already spent 5-6mil getting tickets for the 3 plots I'm interested in. :eek:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Parrots on boats are still bugged tho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whoever said Origin has only 5 ppl is sadly mistaken. Just wait till white nets are thrown on the docks of Mag and then tell me there are only 5 ppl.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to remind everyone, in case they were not around or don't remember the ophidians rations turn in. We were able to collect ophidian rations for a turn in and were told they would be used later(also the etheral swords and shields) and when it came time they were not worth the points in the turnin that they should have been.

Cal, I implore you to ask the team members who have knowledge of this time and hopefully they will remember what I'm talking about. You could very easily avoid a lot of bad feelings and criticism by making these crystals give an appropriate amount of points for turnin without making them overboard. It would be nice to see something put in that was not one extreme or the other.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer the EC paperdoll, but tested the Legacy paperdoll anyway. Looks totally blurred. Is that intended?

G

Gunga_Din

Love the new changes to Mag!

I like the idea of the plots closer to the bank and docks being 2k... heres my reason why.... ppl will sink more gold into those plots then they will for the others that are 10k

Personally, I think I've already spent 5-6mil getting tickets for the 3 plots I'm interested in. :eek:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Parrots on boats are still bugged tho.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And whoever said Origin has only 5 ppl is sadly mistaken. Just wait till white nets are thrown on the docks of Mag and then tell me there are only 5 ppl.
So 6 people?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well no sign of fixing placing items in the EC. I sick and tired of having to get into 2d to place stuff so it doesn't wind up downstairs. Make my floor SOLID in the EC. I'm tired of always having my stuff wind up one or two floors below.

No sign of fixing the botch job on adding Co-owners. So now I can be co-owned to 10 houses big deal.... my house can still only have 10 owners... NOT much help there. Please raise the number of co-owners to at least 70...

And I sure hope you don't ever use those big giant Horde Minions for anything because they are INVISIBLE in the EC. Had them at an EM event on GL's the other day and couldn't see them.... NOT COOL.

Thanks for the boat fixes.