• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 70.0 patch notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We currently have a copy of Great Lakes on Test Center 1. Hopefully this will make it a little easier to test what we have done in Maginica with the lotto.

Magincia Plot Lotto

• There are 22 lots each in both Trammel and Felucca. The island is divided up by North and South end. The North end is the area towards the beach area and these plots are 10K per ticket and you are allowed to buy one ticket per account per plot. The South end is towards the bank and these are 2K a ticket and there are no ticket purchase limits.
Magincia Planting System

• Players are able to plant seeds in grassy areas around Magincia by using a hoe. The players will have to maintain the upkeep of the seeds to keep them healthy. Only the owner of the seed can take care of the plant . The plant will be tagged with the owners name and the date he/she planted it. Players will be able to dig up the plants after they have matured and they will continue to keep the player’s name, the date planted and the date harvested. Players can use the blue crystals to magically advance the growth of a plant in Magincia. You will be able to find 2 Gardeners that will see the hoes needed to plant seeds in Magincia.
Abyss Quest and Monsters

• Added a new quest in the Abyss, this quest will start with Xeninfor the Security Advisor and he can be found in the Royal Palace. We have also added a few new mobs to challenge your fighting talents.

Bug Fixes

• Veteran Reward Statues such as the Efreet, Harrower, Therathan Matriarch and the Fire Ant can now be turned off an on.The issue with fish that are fished up by a non High Seas entitled account not having resources was fixed
  • You can now fish up the new fish in Shame level 4 with the correct entitlement.
  • You should now be able to obtain the Magic Key for the Puzzle Room.
  • Faction Traps were removed from Magincia
  • Players having a false reading of having a ship placed should be fixed
  • Magic Reflection: A Murderer using magic reflect will be flagged criminal if they reflect the paralyze spell back onto a blue character
  • Detect hidden will once again detect everyone. Detect hidden will apply out of hide timer to detected players that are freely aggressable.
  • Splintering weapons do not lose max durability allowing them to proc infinity without destroying the weapon
  • Players will now parry when wielding a throwing weapon and have a shield equipped
· Players who were stuck in a state where they were unable to place a new ship will once again be able to place ships.
· Magincia is no longer part of the Factions system.
· Scalis Eels will now last a maximum of 2 minutes
· Both facings of the kabuto can be dyed with the Metallic dye tub.
· The reward weight of the lobsters and crabs as been adjusted
· You can now have your parrots on your Brit Ship without losing it when you move
· You can now place one tile soul forges on your Brit Ship
· Moongate name was changed from Magincia to New Magincia.
· Cleanings Winds will not heal after removing Mortal Wound any longer.

Enhanced Client

Starting Locations

• Players can now pick what part of the world you would like for your character to begin. You will have the option to start in New Haven if you wish. Young players can start where ever they like but the default will still be New Haven.
2D Paperdoll mode

• In the enhanced client you can switch to the classic paperdoll for viewing. The option is found under the legacy tab in the settings window.

Bug Fixes

• Trading an item from one using the Enhanced client to another will carry over the item's position in the old backpack to the new backpack has been fixed.

Classic Client

Starting Locations

• Players can now pick what part of the world you would like for your character to begin. You will have the option to start in New Haven if you wish. Young players can start where ever they like but the default will still be New Haven.

More...

B

Beastmaster

Guess its another 2 hours of testing crabs/lobsters tonight.

Still no mention of lava lobster anchors.

T

Tinsil

Petra what'd you delete your post for?

Cleanings Winds.. wish I had those for my house irl. Good change there though.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Original patch notes stated that you wouldn't be able to parry if carryind a shield an have a throwing weapon equiped. This note now says will will be able to parry...typo or change in plans? Also I thought the problem with reds and magic reflect was that blues would cast on them first and the reflection flagged the red instead of the blue, am I reading the notes wrong, or are they trying to say this is what is getting fixed.

Just saw the dev notes about parry and throwing, so nevermind. Read on iPhone and I can only see so much.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need to clarify more.. if I'm red and have reflect up and a blue aggros me with spells, I should not be the aggressor and get guard whacked.

Although ...
· Cleanings Winds will not heal after removing Mortal Wound any longer.
- great change

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe 'cos I'm an idiot. I couldn't see the difference between these notes and the previous set at first. That'll teach me to read more carefully.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes are:

Players can use the blue crystals to magically advance the growth of a plant in Magincia. You will be able to find 2 Gardeners that will see the hoes needed to plant seeds in Magincia.

Players cannot parry when wielding a throwing weapon and a shield.
Players will now parry when wielding a throwing weapon and have a shield equipped

The reward weight of the lobsters and crabs as been adjusted

You can now have your parrots on your Brit Ship without losing it when you move

You can now place one tile soul forges on your Brit Ship

Moongate name was changed from Magincia to New Magincia.

Cleanings Winds will not heal after removing Mortal Wound any longer.

NOTE: red is for deleted text

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone who has access to a TRIAL ACCOUNT please try to buy Magincia tickets on test server ?

I hope that they made trial accounts not eligible to buy tickets but one never knows.... better test it to make sure...

Thanks.

O

olduofan

OMG

"Players can use the blue crystals to magically advance the growth of a plant in Magincia"

glad I saved 50 of them ha (I hope we can turn them in for spring cleaning)

how is growing plants part of the rebuilding of Mag?

Talk about a half a$$ed quick last minute over looked fixed lol honestly lame.

So does anyone know whats so special about a plant with a date and name on it?

Also I thought we would get new art for the hoes? Not just a recycled pick axe art...:lame:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magincia Plot Lotto

• There are 22 lots each in both Trammel and Felucca. The island is divided up by North and South end. The North end is the area towards the beach area and these plots are 10K per ticket and you are allowed to buy one ticket per account per plot. The South end is towards the bank and these are 2K a ticket and there are no ticket purchase limits.

Does anyone have an idea WHY the North plots are priced at 10k per ticket while the south plots are at 2k per ticket ?

Is there a notable difference between them ? What is it ?

I would imagine that the proximity to the bank of the South end plots would be a bonus but then, why are they 5 times cheaper per ticket as compared to the North plots ??

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magincia Plot Lotto

Does anyone have an idea WHY the North plots are priced at 10k per ticket while the south plots are at 2k per ticket ?

I would imagine that the proximity to the bank of the South end plots would be a bonus but then, why are they 5 times cheaper per ticket as compared to the North plots ??
Read bold text again

G

Gunga_Din

I'd rather turn in the crystals for spring cleaning, uggggggg.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magincia Plot Lotto

Read bold text again

I did and my understanding is that the South plots are a dime a dozen while the North plots are more ViP, more exclusively limited.

Fine, but WHY is my question ?

What would be the underlying reasons that make the North plots be more exclusve than the South plots ??

This is the part I am not getting....... Especially, since the bank (whose proximity I see as an added bonus...) is located near the South plots and not near the North plots...

So, WHY would the North plots be better than the South plots I wonder ??

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did and my understanding is that the South plots are a dime a dozen while the North plots are more ViP, more exclusively limited.

Fine, but WHY is my question ?

What would be the underlying reasons that make the North plots be more exclusve than the South plots ??

This is the part I am not getting....... Especially, since the bank (whose proximity I see as an added bonus...) is located near the South plots and not near the North plots...

So, WHY would the North plots be better than the South plots I wonder ??
The north spots will be located closer to the Lair of the Artifact Troll, a new dungeon.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read bold text again
No, no, that's the reality. That's the real explanation.

Reality is boring.

I, for one, would much rather go with the rumor I just made up, which is that the more expensive plots will come with a deed that, when redeemed, will either give you the Vine Cord Sandals, a non-replica Lt. Sash, or a new troll-slayer UBWS artifact katana. The katana, it is said, may be used to great effect in the new dungeon, the Lair of the Artifact Troll, located underneath New Magincia.

-Galen's player

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG

"Players can use the blue crystals to magically advance the growth of a plant in Magincia"

Also I thought we would get new art for the hoes? Not just a recycled pick axe art...:lame:
LMAO Leave it to our great UO team.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because they are closer to the beach.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone notice that on UO's site this says Patch Notes for Origin?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read bold text again
No, no, that's the reality. That's the real explanation.

Reality is boring.

I, for one, would much rather go with the rumor I just made up, which is that the more expensive plots will come with a deed that, when redeemed, will either give you the Vine Cord Sandals, a non-replica Lt. Sash, or a new troll-slayer UBWS artifact katana. The katana, it is said, may be used to great effect in the new dungeon, the Lair of the Artifact Troll, located underneath New Magincia.

-Galen's player

Well, do I need to conclude that North plots and South plots are just good the exact same only having the North plots cost 5 times more than the south plots and not be as close to the bank ??

Really ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last I noticed, Magincia is an island and, while beaches may be only on some locations, if the concern is boats approach well, sea is everywhere.

I still fail to see what would be so special about the North plots over the South plots.......

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, do I need to conclude that North plots and South plots are just good the exact same only having the North plots cost 5 times more than the south plots and not be as close to the bank ??

Really ??
For anyone who is sincerely confused, as R Traveler has pointed out already: A seemingly-unlimited number of the 2k changes can be purchased; the 10k slots you can buy one chance only.

-Galen's player

B

Beastmaster

Last I noticed, Magincia is an island and, while beaches may be only on some locations, if the concern is boats approach well, sea is everywhere.

I still fail to see what would be so special about the North plots over the South plots.......
popps, the south plots will cost alot more than the north plots. Think about it. How many tickets will be sold at 2k each?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

I had guessed that meant that the Publish had made its way off TC and onto Origin, or would in short order, and that they were revised from the TC notes (as they seemingly were).

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

I had guessed that meant that the Publish had made its way off TC and onto Origin, or would in short order, and that they were revised from the TC notes (as they seemingly were).

-Galen's player
Origin does indeed have a new moongate toggle for "New Magincia" (there ya go Galen) and seems to have content live now.

This should make Morgainne very happy with regard to transfers.

erg. :/

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone who is sincerely confused, as R Traveler has pointed out already: A seemingly-unlimited number of the 2k changes can be purchased; the 10k slots you can buy one chance only.

-Galen's player

And so what ??

If trial accounts can be positively used to buy tickets you think that limiting 1 purchase per plot per account is any real limitation ??
Besides, it is per PLOT, not 1 plot per account, but PER PLOT.

So, even assuming that trial accounts cannot be used (which I still do not know...), each account will STILL be eligible to enter for tickets for ALL North plots....

I still do not understand, ASIDE FROM THIS TICKET PURCHASE DIFFERENCE, what are the actual differences between the North plots and the South plots, if any.......

Wait, I see one, the SOUTH plots are conveniently located near the bank.......

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might make a thread on this in the future but the new quest is going to suck on more populated shards. You can drag the manifestations anywhere, they don't seem to bounce back. I killed two rousers and haven't revealed anything in my area, which lends me to believe there's either a timer or someone already spawned the thing and I'm out of luck.

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I dont like to garden and have no use for a plant with my name on it, I hope there is some nice stuff in the Spring Catalog because what else am I gonna do with 127 blue crystals:sad4:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might make a thread on this in the future but the new quest is going to suck on more populated shards. You can drag the manifestations anywhere, they don't seem to bounce back. I killed two rousers and haven't revealed anything in my area, which lends me to believe there's either a timer or someone already spawned the thing and I'm out of luck.
Any way I can talk you into putting that on the Publish 70 bugs thread on the Test Center board?

They are obviously very important to the quest, and presumably to the storyline.

The team appears to be paying attention to that thread.

-Galen's player

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You know a beach, a sandy plot of land. Go ask the DEVS, they did tjhis not us. We are only guessing and you come back with more BLAH BKAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Who know whys. They did it not us. Send them all your BLAH BKAH BLAH BLAH BLAH in E-Mails. I have no idea why you (Popps) post the way you do, only you know that. So why don't you ask the Devs why, we as players do not have an all knowing crystalball that tells us why the DEVs do the things they do.

Here is the answer.

They (DEVs) designed it that way, period. Got a problem with it please feal free to E-Mail us (DEVs) and we will think about it.

There is your answer.

Popps why did the DEVs design the housing this way? You know as much as we do.

DEVs do this just to get Popps going. LOL

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any way I can talk you into putting that on the Publish 70 bugs thread on the Test Center board?

They are obviously very important to the quest, and presumably to the storyline.

-Galen's player
Well the problem i have is i dont know how they are supposed to work...so I can't really say whether it's a bug or not, just seems as if, while I'm trying to find the manifestations on Origin, that this is going to suck for a large group of people. ;/ but I can post there, sure

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the problem i have is i dont know how they are supposed to work...so I can't really say whether it's a bug or not, just seems as if, while I'm trying to find the manifestations on Origin, that this is going to suck for a large group of people. ;/ but I can post there, sure
I've tested pretty extensively now.

On the far western "camp" I killed 7 or so Rousers before I got a Void Manifestation to spawn.

On the next one, the VM spawned after 2 Rousers.

Next, it was 9 Rouser before the VM.

and many many more times... all random.

My conclusion: It's just another RNG thing.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you.

If they decide that's how it's supposed to work? Well, then that's a bad idea, but at least we did our duty of informing them. It has got to be a bug, though. If the spawn is so thick when it spawns that you basically have to drag it off, I would suggest the answer is to limit how far it ca be dragged or, better yet, thin out the other spawn once it pops out.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tested pretty extensively now.

On the far western "camp" I killed 7 or so Rousers before I got a Void Manifestation to spawn.

On the next one, the VM spawned after 2 Rousers.

Next, it was 9 Rouser before the VM.

and many many more times... all random.

Interesting; thank you!

-Galen's player

R

RavenWinterHawk

Really ??
POPPS ARGH.

They just made 2 kinds. NO REASON. Dang man.

Pic what you like and bid.

Why is the sun warmer on certain days?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Galen's player
Supreem, dressed in some glowing blue robe, is on Origin right now standing between the Luna tailor and smith shops, if you feel like telling him in person.

J

jaashua

Players cannot parry when wielding a throwing weapon and a shield.
Players will now parry when wielding a throwing weapon and have a shield equipped
Wow! Parry and range? Pwnage. If that's not a typo, I'm rolling a Garg throwing dexxer....muahahaha.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! Parry and range? Pwnage. If that's not a typo, I'm rolling a Garg throwing dexxer....muahahaha.
From what we can tell, and in UO that's one Hell of a qualifier, the "cannot" was the typo, and "can now" is accurate.

The notes of late have suffered from two very, very bad, dovetailing errors.

Firstly, there isn't a set convention as to whether the notes should be referred to in the positive or in the negative. (So for example; should this one have said "currently you can't parry with Throwing and a shield, that will be fixed." or "you will now, after this Publish, be able to parry with Throwing and a shield.")

Secondly they have long-established that proof-reading is not their strong point.

Put those two together.....

-Galen's player

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If the spawn is so thick when it spawns that you basically have to drag it off, I would suggest the answer is to limit how far it ca be dragged or, better yet, thin out the other spawn once it pops out.

-Galen's player
Well I'm just worried it'll be the same old same old and some noob will try to solo it and give up and drag it half way around the abyss. But as long as the spawn isn't tied together and they keep spawning, then that's no problem (but I'm not sure, there).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The Hedge Maze is getting some attention?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Below are some screen shots of the plot lottery gumps on Origin taken within the last 45 minutes or so. One is for Trammel and one is for Fel. Note that Fel Magincia still has blackrock golems wandering around.

I also noted down the number of tickets purchased for each plot. First number after each plot number is for the Trammel plot, the second number is for the Felucca plot.

2000 GP/TICKET PLOT SALES ON ORIGIN AS OF APPROX. 4 PM ET 3/24/2011:
C-1 148 / 0

SE-1 1038 / 0
SE-2 38 / 0
SE-3 448 / 0
SE-4 193 / 0

SW-1 259 / 0
SW-2 588 / 0
SW-3 317 / 0
SW-4 27 / 0
SW-5 53 / 0

10,000 GP/TICKET PLOT SALES ON ORIGIN AS OF APPROX. 4 PM ET 3/24/2011:
C-2 10 / 0
C-3 12 / 0

E-1 9 / 0
E-2 10 / 0
E-3 9 / 0
E-4 10 / 0
E-5 11 / 0
E-6 12 / 0
E-7 11 / 0

N-1 10 / 0
N-2 9 / 0
N-3 9 / 0

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HA!

Now we know your accounts are active! :p

You are going to have to give me more time than that, my dear.

G

Gunga_Din

Ha ha, no Felucca sales yet. Wow, quite a few tickets for a shard 5 people live on. Of course the 10 of us on Chessy isn't anything to brag about.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not about to waste crystals I spent hours gathering to make a plant grow faster until it dies. Especially ones that previously had a much better purpose.

G

Gunga_Din

I'm not about to waste crystals I spent hours gathering to make a plant grow faster until it dies. Especially ones that previously had a much better purpose.
lol, Honestly, they couldn't come up with a better idea?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm dumbfounded by this idiotic use for the crystals.

Bad decisions seem to be this Team's bread and butter.