• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] FoF: Bandaids and Thieves

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The funny thing with this attitude is that since you are so passionate about the game you should do your level best to keep people who are undecided.
I don't consider myself passionate about UO. It's a game I play and I spend enough time on it that I attempt to influence what happens in it, in whatever small way I can without going nuts.

As to encouraging people to stay? No. Why should I? It's a game. If someone wants to stop playing Chess I'm not going to try to convince them otherwise.

I respond so flippantly usually because a good number of the people who leave do so in a manner that suggests the rest of us should care. Also, people who leave and who post about it have a habit of leaving over a reason I find stupid. Doesn't make it stupid in objective terms, mind you, just a reason I personally find stupid. (This is a distinction I feel most U-Hallers would benefit from recognizing in their own posts. And most don't. So far, your posts on this thread are excellent examples.)

I left UO for awhile some years back. I posted on message boards for the shard I played on then (Europa), but I did not arrogantly assume that my leaving would be of general interest.

If I ever leave again and post on U-Hall about it, feel free to point out the irony; it'd certainly deserve the remark!

-Galen's player

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Stealing from monsters ??
Hah, I think it is not way of theives.
Since we steal from others, we are thief.
Don't make thief treasure hunter !!

B

Bouche835

They avoided addressing PvP thieves. They hit the point of PvM thieves pretty well though.
I think this is a slap in the face for the pvp thieves. Not everyone wants to run around and steal a freaking candle.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, Wrekognize, purple so clashes with my ensemble. *sniff*

Candle...? Is it at least a macing wep with decent mods?