• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Victory At Last! Britannians Rejoice as Titans Defeated!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After many great battles The Shattered Obelisk draws to a close as Britannian’s celebrate their hard fought victory with a parade in Britain! As we celebrate we are also pleased to release the conclusion of the official fiction, The Lost Vale. Please note: Parade preparations are currently underway and will be completed as His Majesty’s artisans move parade floats and steeds into position. Citizens are encouraged to walk the parade route and visit King Blackthorn.

Continue reading...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Parade already set on Atlantic. It's at the entrance to the Castle in Brit.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh I love a parade! ;) lol

Kinda busy right now fighting the invasion that is still happening in Skara :/

Might wanna let the king know! :)

NVM everything just disappeared lol.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohhhh nice gifts!!

Thank you!!!

Mementos.jpg

Memenots2.jpg

I chose Lithos becaue he was my favorite :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG Larisa !...spoiler alert!.
I'm at work and was looking forward to when I get home...
That's it, the whole event ruined now....
:sad2::sad3::sad2:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrm, busy at work, enjoy the parade at 11am central time on a weekday.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The other three cards...VERY well done!

I have a full set! :)

Cards.jpg

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hrm, busy at work, enjoy the parade at 11am central time on a weekday.
Parade is the kind of parade that will still be there when ya log in.. on Atl it is at the entrance area to Blackthorn's Castle. Would imagine it's the same on all shards

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Across the Ethereal Void, in a place of great power, a being wrapped in shadow sensed the defeat of its pawns and turned its attention toward Britannia.

I think we are not yet out of the woods ;)

Yeah it's a static parade...floats are on the roads...very cool!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the toys very much. Mostly the banners! Ty! How do we display cards? Any ideas?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ugh, my fourth character didn't qualify so I only got 3 of the 4. :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be cool if they would give 1 extra free gift for each account I only made the list with 2 characters lol

All in all fun event (I never did get all the drops from the trader part thought :( )

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you have in game map pulled up you can see one cart to the next. Also folks lined up along the route. Easy to follow.
NO WE DON'T HAVE ANY PEOPLE!!!! I guess wait a bit because once you walk the route once the cannons wont' go off again....that's the cool part!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Would be cool if they would give 1 extra free gift for each account I only made the list with 2 characters lol

All in all fun event (I never did get all the drops from the trader part thought :( )
My husband and I only did the invasions on one character, too much hassle on other characters that were too weak. The rewards were nice, well done team! I was still missing one item from the trade quests, the drop rate was terrible, gave up trying to get the last item.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll learn from this and the 40th anniversary bash will be KILLER! ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trade order spawn seems to be back to normal (no crate stealing). The maps from the dungeons still give candles and obsidian and probably the other stuff. But I imagine most of the ones not used yet will reset themselves soon.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
NO WE DON'T HAVE ANY PEOPLE!!!! I guess wait a bit because once you walk the route once the cannons wont' go off again....that's the cool part!
cannons went off multi times on Sonoma as I ran by check the banners of the cities there

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, invasions are over. What about ambushes. That now a thing of the past or are they still going on?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So, invasions are over. What about ambushes. That now a thing of the past or are they still going on?
Have not tried any but would imagine they are over in their "buffed" form. Ambushes always happened with Trade Orders but they did not take the items and mandate that you fight like they did during the arc.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The ambushes are back to normal.
oh darn, I rather like the mayhem those did, we once had A Guild event, we all went to one town. took a trade order filled it out and as a group left for the LONGEST run, which was Vesper to Yew that evening, we had so many ambushes it was so darn fun, ambush after ambush all the way to Yew trade minister's, and no moongates allowed that evening. Took well over an hour to get our group to Yew, then from there we left for Brit then Trinsic, no one had any island trades.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
where was that at? NM I see thanks, now I am sad, not a single NPC on the parade route on Sonoma?
Seems like they are having to go from shard to shard manually putting in NPC's along the way. Seems like maybe some shard specific ones on each shard to give it that personal touch. One of the floats on Atl has a "Humanist" float which is an Atlantic specific story arc... either way nice subtle touches.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah still no NPC's on Origin though the floats do have critters pulling them now...guess I'll wait some more to see if we get crowds too!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Team UO for a fantastic 20th anniversary event arc! I loved that it took so many different skills and classes of player to run the entire thing, putting the 2nd M in MMO! Ultima Online pretty much fathered them all, and I am proud to be a part of its community.

The mechanics of the stolen trade crates and the treasure maps was fun, I'm going to miss them now. The artwork for everything was splendid. I think my favorite was Hydros, tho they were all fantastic. I enjoyed the entire questline. I love the banners and cards! And a round of applause please to the EMs for the city parade floats. I am told these were a team effort on the part of our hard working and creative EMs to design them, and they were set up by hand by each shard's EM.

Looking forward now to Halloween :p

@Mesanna , @Kyronix , @Bleak , @Misk , Levitica, and Onifork, and anyone I've forgotten.

Edit: And @EM Malachi ! Your fiction for the entire story arc was outstanding!

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im kinda surprised there was not a tier system for the reward.
i took my crafter into a fight with a Titan and he had 2 Vollems and he got the same reward that my disco tamer that killed over 60 Titans did.

could have Tiered the reward title maybe?
Hero, Legend, ect ect.

pretty neat rewards though, i enjoyed the event.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
could have Tiered the reward title maybe?
Hero, Legend, ect ect.
Ya for the reward title. That would have been good.

I got 5. Every toon that fought a Titan got one.

Nice 20th Anniversary Arc! Had lots of fun and met many players I hadn't interacted with much before. I had never fish up an MIB before. Did more trade routes than ever before.

Excellent lead up for the Sorcerers Dungeon Event. Turn it on tomorrow @Larisa .:Begging: