• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Vendor Search on TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Dec 19 22:28 GMT
Vendor Search

For the initial release it will take approximately three hours for the vendor database to update. If you do not find your item, please check back after that time frame. After the initial database update all vended item additions/deletions will be available through searches within five minutes.

Players will now be able to search for specific items on player run vendors while in-game. Players will be allowed to opt out of the system on a per vendor basis. Trial accounts will not be allowed to use the vendor search system. Maps can be obtained for vendor locations. Players may also use these maps to purchase transportation to the vendor house (return trip included) for non-Siege rule-set shards. Players will be able access the vendor search from a context menu on their character while within a safe logout area or justice region.

We look forward to hearing your comments and any issues you may find. If you are searching for something in your vendor search that is not showing up please let us know these items so we can be sure to add them to the data base.

TC1 currently has a back up of Great Lakes on it so we have a populated server and vendors to search from.

Happy Holidays from the UO Team, Be safe and enjoy your time off!
UO Team

Continue reading...

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool! =)
Can't wait to test this thoroughly! =)

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have waited so long for this, it's hard to believe it's finally happening...
Thank you Dark Lady and all your minions, thank you very much for saving this game we all love....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming it will show all vendors? That's good, if you search and can find something cheaper on the out of the way shops, it will maybe help bring Luna prices down. Assuming everyone stays within their price line and don't get greedy and change their prices to Luna prices LOL

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Looking like a good start. First impressions:
* the search control buttons in the lower right are way too small
* the item's name text is not showing for me, so I'm having to hover over each item to get more detail
* rather than the normal hover text, only the name seems to show. But it is truncated for some items - "commody deed for 1000 gold ingots" became just "deed"
* there is no clear way to go out from a search to add/change condiions, without simply cancelling the search (it's not immediately clear that they are 2 gumps, not 1)
* after several searches, the results gump began to come up under the search controls gump, requring me to close the search gump to see any results.
* It would be nice to be able to select which facets to search/exclude (essentially, to be able to exclude Luna or Fel).
* It would be useful to be able to limit searches to everywhere except within the walls of Luna.
* no apparent way on the results gump to sort by price or item name
* 5 items per page means a search for some items might be dozens or hundreds of pages long. I'd rather see a taller window, perhaps with 2 panes of results, so I can see more results on a single page.

Brian

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG... This is very elegant. I love it after 5 mins... I think I'll do a bunch of screenshots for those who are afraid to click on menu's, and explain all the wonderful options... So far it is way better than I would have guessed it would be in terms of getting everything right and easy to use on the first go-around...
Fantastic job DL !

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder to everyone be sure they patch up their clients before checking out vendor search on tc 1

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was in Malas. I did a vendor search. I selected an item. I had a map created for a vendor with that item in Luna. The map has the coordinates and the picture of the location on the map in Malas. I recalled off the map, and I arrived at a keep north of yew crypts in FELUCCA. Tried it again, brought me to the same place.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am replying to Startle but I don't see the text. Anyone can answer.

Can I look for a ring with certain stats and levels? Like Animal taming +10 with magery +10?

Same with armor, can I find something with resists and stats I want?

Thanks.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was in Malas. I did a vendor search. I selected an item. I had a map created for a vendor with that item in Luna. The map has the coordinates and the picture of the location on the map in Malas. I recalled off the map, and I arrived at a keep north of yew crypts in FELUCCA. Tried it again, brought me to the same place.
I seem to remember some places in the game always showed as being north of yew gate in fel when referencing uo automap. The two issues probably have something in common on the back end

Last edited:

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The options seem really equipment-focused. There's no options to search for powerscrolls, gifts, etc. which is a bit disappointing from a browsing perspective. I think the options could be more broad. It was quite annoying to perform a simple search for ingots, for example.

Still, the free text search works just fine for most purposes to get around that. The teleport return is broken in the EC with Pinco's Ui though; just asks me if I want to create a waypoint rather than return to my previous location. That's a Pinco's issue though.

I really hope it works from inside houses. It seemed to only give me the vendor search option from within towns. I don't really feel like placing on the TC, so can anyone confirm if you can perform a search from within your own house?

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am replying to Startle but I don't see the text. Anyone can answer.

Can I look for a ring with certain stats and levels? Like Animal taming +10 with magery +10?

Same with armor, can I find something with resists and stats I want?

Thanks.

ABSOLUTELY! Working on a video atm.... Will post it when complete.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, I see the Patch Screen says.... Vendor Search to Test Center, very nice.

I'll have to check this out in a bit.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you use the recall spell or the context menu on the map?

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow pretty easy to use. i gotta do some more testing but seems like it is legit. found my first three item i searched for very easily. 1k for trasnfer thats gonna add up as a gold sink

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome!!! Make sure this is well tested on TC1 and Origin before going worldwide! I can't wait to make use of this on Atlantic. Finally a way to compete with Luna vendors!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks good! Have a few tweaks to suggest. Though many of these may be due to me not knowing exactly how to use the tool:

Item Name search (Add toggle to search either item name only or Item name and stats)
Item name only includes item tag in the search parameters. Would like to see a toggle to flip from search only in item name or search all available literals in the item properties. For example I am looking for a Blacksmith exceptional bonus talisman. I can search for all talismans in by either selecting it in the equipment section or entering talisman in the item name field. But I can not refine that search (for what I can see) to show me only blacksmithing exceptional bonus talismans... all or nothing. Be much faster to enter "Tali smithi exce" in the item description field. This also may help out as a catch all if you introduce new mods.. like maybe some day you find a use for some imbuing items like abyssal cloth or essence of persistence.

Selected Search criteria (add a remove button for each criteria)
add a remove button to each of these properties. Just now I decided to stop looking for a talisman and look for a piece of armor with specific resists. I forgot to clear talisman from the search criteria and added my desired resist types. Since I forgot to clear talisman from the list, the search failed. So wipe the whole thing and start over.
Required skill (Add use best weapon)

Filter unwanted stats
Maybe a section below search criteria to exclude unwanted stats (Cursed, Brittle, Can not be repaired etc)

Looking for power scrolls (item name field not complete)
I can find "legendary" or "tailoring" scrolls from item name. But can not find "legendary tailoring" or "tailoring Scroll" or "scroll of tailoring" or "tailoring 120 or "legendary 120" or "a legendary scroll of tai" from item name. Same goes for stat scrolls.. well i couldn't find any of those.

Let me thump enter to search!

Thats it for now.. oh, will we be able to reference other shards in our search? Goes a long way towards me figuring out how much I can sell something for.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I sell plants and plant resources. Would someone be able to find:

specific plant types?

Deeded items from crafting, non deeded crafted items?

Items from shipwrecks?

Plant dyes?

Thanks

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um...... I patched and now I can't connect to UO.

Alstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW just Wow, Way to go dev's i never thought this would happen. I am recently back to UO and and this gives me something to tell all that have left as a reason to return. UO is not dead there are still people working on it that care about the game. This is just i'm stunned WOW :):):):)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Did you use the recall spell or the context menu on the map?
Yeah I used the recall spell on the map, maybe not realizing that I was supposed to use the context menu.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the items are sorted in lowest price to highest price - that's not the way it should be - it should go from most expensive to cheapest (that's the way alot of us are used to seeing the list - hehe)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the items are sorted in lowest price to highest price - that's not the way it should be - it should go from most expensive to cheapest (that's the way alot of us are used to seeing the list - hehe)
Hmm.... I tend to agree with a lot of your posts, Kojak - but not sure I agree here. Unless they want to give us the ability to toggle low-to-high or high-to-low, then I think I'd prefer to see the least expensive first... (God I can't believe this has actually happened and it's so damn good on the dev's first try, that I feel guilty wanting changes already on the first day)...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix

Amazing work. Much more than I expected. The dev team is to be seriously congratulated on this. It's the most important addition that's ever been done, IMO - and you guys have done it really, really well. Thank you so much for listening to us and saving UO for years to come (hopefully). There are things that I'm sure you'll continue to add/modify, but this first edition is simply AWESOME. :danceb:

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If only you could've got this system out for black Friday! :) Just kidding. It's a great surprise to get right around Christmas. Also, I prefer cheapest prices first.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is pretty awesome, hopefully this will help me find some of the items on my collection list...

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will toy around with it tomorrow. Looking forward to it. :)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, the Mapmakers NPCs are buying maps that we get for free using the vendor search for... 2gp!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoooooo!! Thanks to the team for getting this one out. So excited to try this.

I just searched for "reforged" as wanting to check out armour parts but returned no results???

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG... This is very elegant. I love it after 5 mins... I think I'll do a bunch of screenshots for those who are afraid to click on menu's, and explain all the wonderful options...

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time on search or in other games auction houses the first thing I click is the button to show the least expensive first. The only reason I can figure wanting to show highest first is if you are a seller who price gouges, or are searching for rare rubble.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming it will show all vendors? That's good, if you search and can find something cheaper on the out of the way shops, it will maybe help bring Luna prices down. Assuming everyone stays within their price line and don't get greedy and change their prices to Luna prices LOL
I think vendors will be able to opt out if they want.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how far does it really go? can you do a search for skill type, such as, ur looking for a fencing weapon?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how far does it really go? can you do a search for skill type, such as, ur looking for a fencing weapon?
Well I searched for "greater reforged leather" (like I do on another well known 3rd party site) and it said no results...

Only played around for about 10 minutes so far but will test more during today.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoooooo!! Thanks to the team for getting this one out. So excited to try this.

I just searched for "reforged" as wanting to check out armour parts but returned no results???

Yes, the item description is probably one of the first things that the dev team will enhance. Right now it seems to only be able to search the first part of an item's description. For instance: If you're looking for a Legendary Scroll of Archery, what you're able to search for is Legendary Scroll of - and that's it - there's a limit to the text input. But, for now it's fine. Search for Legendary and just look thru the results. They'll get it fixed as soon as they can, of that I'm confident.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a nice start, but if it doesn't function like the 3rd party sites right out of the gate people will keep using them.

We need to have a far more sophisticated search routine that scans all text on an item.

We need to be able to sort the results by price and facet at the very least.

Search results page needs to tell you how many matches and how many pages there are.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... We need to have a far more sophisticated search routine that scans all text on an item. We need to be able to sort the results by price and facet at the very least. Search results page needs to tell you how many matches and how many pages there are.

I have no doubt that they will address all or some of these as we go forward now... But they have a fantastic start!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checked it out for like 20min give or so.
The menu interface, it pretty basic, and need improvement. Some checkboxex, dropdown menues would do wonders here. Some specific sub-search menues for specific items would be nice (weapon, armor, imbung mats etc etc)
It would be nice to be able to save search queries for later use.
I like the create map thing, its very nice.
All in all it looks great so far.