• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 on TC1

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You. Is there any way we will be able to resize this. Standard size monitor running CC, this thing is kind of big.
You're welcome. Unfortunately that's the size its going to be and resizing it isn't within the capabilities of the CC (she's a fickle beast). We tried to keep it as small as possible while still giving as much information as possible to make building your suit with the classic client not require the fabled "spread sheet." Sure if you want to squeeze every last mod you'd need to go that route (Personally I always used post-its), but between the various armor crafting abilities available I was able to build my suit comfortably and easily while just swapping out equipment and looking at the stat window. Admittedly I did have various webpages up (UO.com, UOGuide, Stratics) when figuring out exactly what I wanted and how to get it, but I think that's been UO since as long as I can remember...did anyone else have the stratics crafting guide printed out in a 3 ring binder next to their PC? Ok, maybe I was just that big of a nerd....*grins* That's UO though, it wouldn't be much of anything without the community behind it. The out of game stuff is sometimes just as fun as being in game. I know for me being able to log on to stratics and read the guides and essays was the fix I needed while I couldn't be in game while things like school got in the way. We try to provide as much information in game (like the Armor Refiner NPCs, Item Property guide) to allow the player to make an informed decision while not breaking immersion too much. While we can't cover all the ins-and-outs of Britannia in game that's where the amazing work of so many comes in providing playguides, essays, and the like.

I've seen a lot of comments about the complexity of refining and we are working to streamline and simplify the refining process based on some of the conversations we've had with the testers on TC (I have to tip my hat to Tina, she's been a testing machine!) and from out of game feedback as well. A smart guy once said, "There's a problem with opening Pandora's Box - you can't close it." I think we can all agree that our Pandora's Box is wide open(AoS, Enhancing, Imbuing, Reforging, Refining). I'll save the debate for whether or not it should've stayed closed or not for another day, but that's the hand we've got and we need to build from there.

One of our goals is to revitalize the crafter profession so that even if you don't want to get into the nitty gritty of suit building, there is someone else who will. Another player pointed out that some time ago it seemed like crafters were all but extinct and now that isn't the case. That gives me a warm fuzzy.

Well I've rambled on for long enough and I think my muffins are about to burn. Thanks again everyone for testing and giving feedback!
To view the original post, please click here