• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Wildfire Live Worldwide

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
okay…. Next time a paragon balron spawns next to me I’ll arrange a strategy through chat to have people come by and help me out. I’ll only have about 3-5 seconds to do this before being murdered but yeah sounds like a good idea :eyeroll:
My reflexes are slow but I can run away in that case or invis. Or even recall and go back.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think the spawn rate is broken. Only get one or two kills a minute in there unless I run in fel and do the champ spawn until the reds show up.

Last event 10 to 15 drops a hour tram side. Fel side 15 to 30 a hour.

This event 3 most I have gotten in a hour on tram. Fel side 8 in 4 champ spawns sometimes from 0 to 3 per champ

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still think the spawn rate is broken. Only get one or two kills a minute in there unless I run in fel and do the champ spawn until the reds show up.

Last event 10 to 15 drops a hour tram side. Fel side 15 to 30 a hour.

This event 3 most I have gotten in a hour on tram. Fel side 8 in 4 champ spawns sometimes from 0 to 3 per champ
Keep in mind a few things here:
  1. Last event (of ice) didn't have close to the rewards that this event has and for the most part went unworked as people preferred to focus on Krampus or Artisan festival. More spawn unworked in a smaller dungeon will likely give more drops.
  2. Luck will help so if you can hit your statue or wearing some additional luck pieces do so. It should help.
  3. We are still just a few days into a 2+ month event... everyone is working it right now. More people taking up the spawn will make it harder to pile up kills.
  4. Some people are complaining the spawn is "too hard" for the casual player so the Devs want to try to balance it. Imagine a straight mage (no samp/tamer/melee) casting spells to kill a spawn of 1 LL 1 fire demon 1 succubus 1 balron 1 fire ant 1 lava element.
That said, I do think due to the large size of fire dungeon that the spawn rate could be bumped up based on activity. When I've gone primetime to the tram side; it is a bit of a chore to find the spawn to kill. I might get 1 or 2 close but then need to run quite a bit to find somewhere that isn't being camped. From what it sounds like the spawn can be tweaked per shard but it doesn't sound like it is tweaked per activity; if this is the case then it should certainly be adjusted.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our spawn is always low. You run around a floor and kill 4 things. We have this many that are hanging outside. Some went to lunch some are on another toon inside. This is very popular on LS. That's why I can trade for any piece.

1624993318346.png

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can solo those balrons as long as some dumbass doesn't come and get aggro and pull it onto me.

Sampires just are the worst. They go in and realise they can't fight it and then run off on their silly swamp dragon meanwhile balron retargets me. OoOo

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup runners kill the players that were doing just fine on their own. Tamers can take these on easiest, it just takes a while because of the high HP. It takes around 1:30 minutes to for a Cu kill the ones in Chaos. These longer. Or it seems longer because you are stressed about a runner coming up.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A hellhound teleported next to me. Why are hellhounds teleporting at all? AHHHH

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A hellhound teleported next to me. Why are hellhounds teleporting at all? AHHHH
It looks like they do that when they spawn or some do that when they are on a roof or other unreachable spot. I have seen other mob types do it. A horse teled to me.

But I never see the ones just standing around teleport. Too bad they all dont tele off roofs.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It looks like they do that when they spawn or some do that when they are on a roof or other unreachable spot. I have seen other mob types do it. A horse teled to me.

But I never see the ones just standing around teleport. Too bad they all dont tele off roofs.
I've noticed that too... it seems like most of the things that teleport on to you aren't stuck anywhere and have a line of sight while the things that don't have a line of sight or would be considered legit stuck just kinda hang out there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone claimed the wildfire idol / stolen piece of castambre / lucky abomination skull yet? I'm almost at 75 points and kind of itching to claim something but wanted to know if any of these were more than decoration before claiming them. If they are just decoration then I'll just keep collecting to get the ostard first and worry about them later.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Our spawn is terribly slow we have a lot of players and they know how to kill stuff. Last night with para balrons and Fire Daemons we were just 1 hit killing most non paras and we would call each other in chat for para balrons. 2 am there were 3 of us there and we could keep both floors empty.

I play a lot of hours is why I get drops, I get maybe 4 to 5 an hour. I use just an hour of statue luck. I have 0 normally.

Mostly I use my macer paladin. I have a following bard running inspire. but the paras always go to him first and kill him quick. I use a cold demon weapon and flame tali. I switch to a fire undead for lichs.

A cu works great there.

I only have around 95 drops so far. But that a lot of hours.
I use my sampire. Turned in my 200 drops in the first 4 days. The Ostard is a 5 lot now and almost 7x 120 with room to play still. I use Double axes. One is 100% fire damage Undead slayer combine with Undead talisman (for liches) the other is 100% cold demon slayer combined with flame slayer talisman for the rest of the spawn. I was camping the lich room and got tired of the slow respawn. The drops were steady but picked up when i ran around killing everything. Switching out the weapons is easy on the fly with hotkeys but im being slowed down by the talisman changes.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You can switch 4 talismans with different dress macros, and they do it instantly but there is a timer after the change to do something else.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone claimed one of the lucky skulls? Does it work like a luck statue? If so, any extra bonus to it?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I walked to 3rd level of Hyth on the tramm side and saw no one (sonoma). Is Sonoma this dead now or is this Felucca side only? Im only asking so I dont have to sail there again in fell.
I havent played in a very long time so yes I could just be ignorant of the whole event .

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I walked to 3rd level of Hyth on the tramm side and saw no one (sonoma). Is Sonoma this dead now or is this Felucca side only? Im only asking so I dont have to sail there again in fell.
I havent played in a very long time so yes I could just be ignorant of the whole event .
It's fire dungeon in serpents hold

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have not gotten one set yet but not much time down there only got like 40 drops and the 1st bone drop was the helm so happy there and after it was the bone legs, Getting more rings and bracelets this time, closest suit I have done so far is chain mail just need the legs, The last events I was more into it because of the limited time, but with this being 2 months am not worried about trading or buying the parts yet i will wait until August for that,

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1625810071511.png

My sets. Bone, Plate, Ringmail, Chainmail, male and female Leather and i'm trying to end the female plate set...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't gotten any gargole drops. Do only gargoles get those?
Yes gargoyle only
why I try not to even bother geting the sets for them to hard to track down them. I do have 9 sets done so far. All 4 plate with the 4 helms and one female part, one male leather, bone, chain and ring,

right now just look for the Female leather chest have the other parts to it

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think some of the suits look better than the others in Wildfire green. I have the plate set and bone (minus the helm still) which I typically collect but everything else will get turned in for points. It also becomes a slippery slope collecting that many suits if you are doing it for each event lol.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes

What's his face said so too
My understanding of what he said (during the Deceit event) was that Luck will affect the intensity and mods on the drops - not increase the drop rate.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1626364853068.png

Daemon Bone Gloves
are they worth anything?

(This is the first time I have gone in Fire Dungeon killing stuff.
So I don't know if there are stuff that is considered rare or collectible from here.
Thank You to any that will reply)

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 120794

Daemon Bone Gloves
are they worth anything?

So I don't know if there are stuff that is considered rare or collectible from here.
I'm not sure of their value, but I do believe people still look for that armor.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think some of the suits look better than the others in Wildfire green. I have the plate set and bone (minus the helm still) which I typically collect but everything else will get turned in for points. It also becomes a slippery slope collecting that many suits if you are doing it for each event lol.
I think I am well past that. 1626365714488.png

Reactions: Kir

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 120794

Daemon Bone Gloves
are they worth anything?

Its a named suit. People collect them. The helm is rare. I got the legs on a fire ele last night.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
okay…. Next time a paragon balron spawns next to me I’ll arrange a strategy through chat to have people come by and help me out. I’ll only have about 3-5 seconds to do this before being murdered but yeah sounds like a good idea :eyeroll:
Running doesn't really do much good with a paragon on your tail, apart from dragging it onto other players so they can join in on the ensuing gray screen. I usually just take the death if I'm by myself and call the paragon out for help when I get rezzed so we can take it out in a group. I'm glad I play on Lake Superior. They've all been good about teaming up. Balrons hurt.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Running doesn't really do much good with a paragon on your tail, apart from dragging it onto other players so they can join in on the ensuing gray screen. I usually just take the death if I'm by myself and call the paragon out for help when I get rezzed so we can take it out in a group. I'm glad I play on Lake Superior. They've all been good about teaming up. Balrons hurt.
If you are on foot then yeah your are going to die running. On a mount you can escape them often, so running is an option. If I see people in my running path I’ll try to navigate the paragon to a place that isn’t near them and invis or close a door or whatever it takes. You do what you can.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My understanding of what he said (during the Deceit event) was that Luck will affect the intensity and mods on the drops - not increase the drop rate.
On official forum someone maybe popps was saying that he wasn't getting as many drops as others . Like less than 4 in an hour .
Kyronix told him to add more luck.

I noticed that I get more drops at around 1000 luck than I do if I'm at 0 to 100 luck.
May just be "luck" and not luck but I'm a believer in wearing more luck .

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On official forum someone maybe popps was saying that he wasn't getting as many drops as others . Like less than 4 in an hour .
Kyronix told him to add more luck.

I noticed that I get more drops at around 1000 luck than I do if I'm at 0 to 100 luck.
May just be "luck" and not luck but I'm a believer in wearing more luck .
I agree with this. I have zero luck normally, but get to almost 1200 for an hour when I click my luck statue. Without luck I range 10-12 per hour, with luck 14-16 for that hour. I have tested this daily for over a week now with same results each time.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes luck does increase chances of getting a drop. That is what Kyronix has been saying the whole time.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1626690246247.png

finally all the sets that I like are complete. It's time for the reward now, already got the ozzy, now wrking for other rewards...
but i'm bored...
a lot...

Reactions: Kir

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to ask a stupid question, and I'm good at those!

What do you have to do to get a 'reward point'? I don't have a lot of time to spend bashing things but I have, on and off, spent some time in the fire dungeon killing things that I can manage but as yet I have not 'received' anything or seen anything 'different' on a corpse.

Is it just that I keep grinding away or am I missing something, should I have 'registered' somewhere (accepted a quest....)?

Thanks for any comments ....

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to ask a stupid question, and I'm good at those!

What do you have to do to get a 'reward point'? I don't have a lot of time to spend bashing things but I have, on and off, spent some time in the fire dungeon killing things that I can manage but as yet I have not 'received' anything or seen anything 'different' on a corpse.

Is it just that I keep grinding away or am I missing something, should I have 'registered' somewhere (accepted a quest....)?

Thanks for any comments ....
just need to go in and kill things. I find after Killing a paragon I get a drop faster. and they appear in pack not on body. need to make sure your in Fire.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I'm guess I'm doing it right, I'm in Fire and killing things that have a tag "Treasures of Wildfire", I'll just have to be more patient.

Are the items obvious or do you have to pick them up to see that they're different?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks, I'm guess I'm doing it right, I'm in Fire and killing things that have a tag "Treasures of Wildfire", I'll just have to be more patient.

Are the items obvious or do you have to pick them up to see that they're different?
They're mountain dew colored.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

The event items drop in your pack and have the “of Wildfire” suffix in the name. They are a weird green color.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone, back to the slow kill /repeated death cycle, I wish I was a decent warrior!