• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Wildfire Live Worldwide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6/23/2021 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next installment of our event series is now live on all shards. Reward points from this event expire on September 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM ET. Following the defeat of Holmes’ abomination and the freeing of master artisan Yukio a new an enigmatic figure has emerged – Elidyr. A spellweaver from centuries ago, he unlocks the secrets of Wildfire and warns of a coming doom that will test Britannians to the core! Ready your blades and bows and cast your spells as we embark on a new bold adventure in, Treasures of […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya Love the yellowish weapons too.!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So only a couple of months and then the points expire. How many points are needed for an ostard?
Is that a grind? Did that turn a fun game into a chore?
Please rethink that, K'ronix.

...and now I'm going to get pounced by the half dozen people who will tell me that they are getting 40 points per hour because they are leet and have the best skillz and equipz.
Then I will get lambasted by someone who will tell me what skillz and equipz I need to be almost as leet as he is.
In the past I've considered it a good hour if I got six points. ... I'm caught between saying "this may take a while" and "pancake this omelet."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So only a couple of months and then the points expire. How many points are needed for an ostard?
Is that a grind? Did that turn a fun game into a chore?
Please rethink that, K'ronix.

...and now I'm going to get pounced by the half dozen people who will tell me that they are getting 40 points per hour because they are leet and have the best skillz and equipz.
Then I will get lambasted by someone who will tell me what skillz and equipz I need to be almost as leet as he is.
In the past I've considered it a good hour if I got six points. ... I'm caught between saying "this may take a while" and "pancake this omelet."
They started at 300 points for the Ostard. I just get about 4 drops an hour but theres too many players to find anything alive. I think I have used WW three times.

segmentman

Adventurer
where can I get information on how to partake in this? The announcement tells of why, but nothing of where or how.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish I had the enthusiasm that some of you have for this, but I don't. I"m still so Salty over the High Seas disappointment...and a few other things.
I love killing stuff. That's all you do here. This dungeon not like the others. A lot of the time I have no idea where I am or what floor.
Just run to the next victim.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The inhabitants of the dungeon seem to have changed since last night.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe Kyronix said the "random" spawns would cycle; it was Balrons/Succubus then it went to fire ants/lava lizards and now its fire demons/balrons as the "random" spawns (in addition to the regular fire dungeon mobs)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They come and go. Balrons weren't on Origin on day 2. I'm also wondering if it will vary by shard too...
I dont know if it had to do with me asking to increase the spawn last night, but all of a sudden we got 2 new mobs added then we got the Balrons and LLs. So ours was changing yesterday. Got to a point where the spawn was so fast you could not res someone and keep an area clear for them to get healed and geared up. Was Hella fun tho!

The Fire Daemons are mini Balrons.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new ones on LS are fixed. I have old drops with mis spells. They fixed it last night.
They are misspelled on Catskills as well, Drops from last night are, the drops this morning are corrected

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually do one bone suit with kryss and one with bone harvester.... both with chaos shields

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I don't like how big that axe is. I'll change it to something else.

I think I will stop collecting for deco. There are so many things to buy this time. But I don't turn in items till I run out of house space. I sold the woodland suit. Ill post more when I happen to get them. Ill have to get at least one gargoyle suit.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell me the leet skillz and equipz you have for getting the pointz. Pretty please with sugar* on it.
*s u g a r
He is most likely running a Tamer with a CU with a luck suit on. I done fel and tram on Atl only 6 drops in two days. No spawn to kill on tram side you get one kill a min. if that. at lest on the ice event you had small areas for the spawn and a tamer or a sampire could hold it down unless a few paragons spawned. This is the best drop i have gotten lol
. 1624823535587.png

And on other shards people are trading or selling the parts one for one. On Atl its all for One and none for all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell me the leet skillz and equipz you have for getting the pointz. Pretty please with sugar* on it.
*s u g a r
Our spawn is terribly slow we have a lot of players and they know how to kill stuff. Last night with para balrons and Fire Daemons we were just 1 hit killing most non paras and we would call each other in chat for para balrons. 2 am there were 3 of us there and we could keep both floors empty.

I play a lot of hours is why I get drops, I get maybe 4 to 5 an hour. I use just an hour of statue luck. I have 0 normally.

Mostly I use my macer paladin. I have a following bard running inspire. but the paras always go to him first and kill him quick. I use a cold demon weapon and flame tali. I switch to a fire undead for lichs.

A cu works great there.

I only have around 95 drops so far. But that a lot of hours.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
0 luck, get 5-6/h.
Doesn't seem very related to luck, or at least minor.

Using a chiv+ai cu and just mow down trash mobs.
Get some paras in between too.

Fell Atlantic side is even slower to farm due to just massive amount of people, the seminar spawn just goes up within 5minutes..

Kir

Journeyman
Mine, mostly incomplete, I prefer executioner axe for bone set (male) and scepter for female with a smuggler lantern. :p

Of Wildfire.png

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - How did you get a full plate / bone set so quickly? Did you trade? I've played maybe half the time you have (I think I have a total of 45-50 drops) but I've only gotten 3 plate pieces (all gorgets) and 1 bone piece in that. If I doubled my number to match yours that's 8 plate / bone pieces combined and would also need me to get lucky on both helms.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We trade on LS. A few cost me three for one. Bone helm cost six for it. We had quite a few bone helms drop. Those of us that collect will do one for one to each other. I got lucky on the bone drops I have 2 other suits without helmets.

Some players buy pieces also.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We trade on LS. A few cost me three for one. Bone helm cost six for it. We had quite a few bone helms drop. Those of us that collect will do one for one to each other. I got lucky on the bone drops I have 2 other suits without helmets.

Some players buy pieces also.
Ah that makes much more sense. Thanks!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The pieces that are predominantly green look cool , while the ones that are shiny yellow look sheet to me

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Our spawn is terribly slow we have a lot of players and they know how to kill stuff. Last night with para balrons and Fire Daemons we were just 1 hit killing most non paras and we would call each other in chat for para balrons. 2 am there were 3 of us there and we could keep both floors empty.

I play a lot of hours is why I get drops, I get maybe 4 to 5 an hour. I use just an hour of statue luck. I have 0 normally.

Mostly I use my macer paladin. I have a following bard running inspire. but the paras always go to him first and kill him quick. I use a cold demon weapon and flame tali. I switch to a fire undead for lichs.

A cu works great there.

I only have around 95 drops so far. But that a lot of hours.
Yeah, i pop a Luck Statue on my Macer/Paladin and will farm the spawn. Usually get around 12 drops in that hour. They really need to add the Potion of Glorious Fortune to the UO Store.
120 Chiv+AI 100% Cold Crimson/Platinum Drakes, 120 Chiv+AI Frost Drakes (Krampus), and RC+AP Frost Mites also do well in Fire Dungeon. They dish out more damage than the Cu.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, i pop a Luck Statue on my Macer/Paladin and will farm the spawn. Usually get around 12 drops in that hour. They really need to add the Potion of Glorious Fortune to the UO Store.
120 Chiv+AI 100% Cold Crimson/Platinum Drakes, 120 Chiv+AI Frost Drakes (Krampus), and RC+AP Frost Mites also do well in Fire Dungeon. They dish out more damage than the Cu.
And players drag the spawn all over the place when they run. Better to use a mount if you are a runner. 3/4 of my deaths are caused by players running around instead of stand and fight.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And players drag the spawn all over the place when they run. Better to use a mount if you are a runner. 3/4 of my deaths are caused by players running around instead of stand and fight.
Not everyone can stand and fight every mob there so running away is the only option. Dying constantly and losing all of the insurance cost each time is largely undesired.

The event is chaotic as it should be.

Kir

Journeyman
I can deal with all the paragon forms inside with my warrior except for the Barlon, they just hit to hard for my build.... :shots:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not everyone can stand and fight every mob there so running away is the only option. Dying constantly and losing all of the insurance cost each time is largely undesired.

The event is chaotic as it should be.
Not really if you help each other, Only the para Balrons are difficult. We call out where they are. I just need a tamer to help. I put my bard around a corner. Ask a tamer to take the mob near, he puts on the pet and I bring in Macer and walk the bard in song range. We can take it out with no deaths if someone does not run by.

For a lone tamer. Turn off run always. turn on consume if its a LL or Balron. Have pet guard. cast invis but don't activate, get closer invis when the mob moves. Pet should attack. you can walk back and stay in consume range. Invis as needed. Also some use teleport, That breaks aggro like invis.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. A nice thief collects rocks, eggs, and cocoons for me and @Gidge decorates.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The versatile leather suit. Can use mage hat other hats, female parts.

1624942700749.png

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not really if you help each other, Only the para Balrons are difficult. We call out where they are. I just need a tamer to help. I put my bard around a corner. Ask a tamer to take the mob near, he puts on the pet and I bring in Macer and walk the bard in song range. We can take it out with no deaths if someone does not run by.

For a lone tamer. Turn off run always. turn on consume if its a LL or Balron. Have pet guard. cast invis but don't activate, get closer invis when the mob moves. Pet should attack. you can walk back and stay in consume range. Invis as needed. Also some use teleport, That breaks aggro like invis.
okay…. Next time a paragon balron spawns next to me I’ll arrange a strategy through chat to have people come by and help me out. I’ll only have about 3-5 seconds to do this before being murdered but yeah sounds like a good idea :eyeroll: