• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Wildfire comes to Origin

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they reduced the cost of the items by 30 to 50% then thank you, that is a big improvement and I appreciate them listening. I'm not able to log in and check today, but that is a big improvement. I agree that if the antique property is on an item I will automatically skip it. If the antique property is removed then I'd be interested in getting a few. The color of the drop items is nice and will go well with my trinsic swamp houses :)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
was having a good time yesterday on origin, para succubus and balrons were great fun, its made u pay attention lol. i came back today and no succubus or balrons. wth, it was so boring just killing everything with very little chance of dieing. devs should at least put them back on 2nd and 3rd level. also, i guess with this change, the multi char using scripters will be free to do what they want. we all know there will be little done.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
was having a good time yesterday on origin, para succubus and balrons were great fun, its made u pay attention lol. i came back today and no succubus or balrons. wth, it was so boring just killing everything with very little chance of dieing. devs should at least put them back on 2nd and 3rd level. also, i guess with this change, the multi char using scripters will be free to do what they want. we all know there will be little done.
I brought that up. Its a daily rotation of some Mobs. They will be back. Thanks for the info.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1624494834195.png

They Screw the other shards by not having it on Fel then they open it to 3 shards, items only sell on Atl, the Tram side is going to be full of blues like ice was, that 5 person scripter team will have the best spots to them self's,

Fel ice event was dead most times reason was no one was going there but a few of us where. Reds could not get the items off us so they stayed away. Now if there cursed reds will be out there in droves witch will bring everyone back to Tram. Tram side will get to busy like ice did so no one but the scripters running 5 accounts blue and 5 accounts auto kill archer bots will get the drops.

Nice going there.

**wonders how many nails are left to close the coffin lid on this game**

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
View attachment 120339

They Screw the other shards by not having it on Fel then they open it to 3 shards, items only sell on Atl, the Tram side is going to be full of blues like ice was, that 5 person scripter team will have the best spots to them self's,

Fel ice event was dead most times reason was no one was going there but a few of us where. Reds could not get the items off us so they stayed away. Now if there cursed reds will be out there in droves witch will bring everyone back to Tram. Tram side will get to busy like ice did so no one but the scripters running 5 accounts blue and 5 accounts auto kill archer bots will get the drops.

Nice going there.

I haven't bothered with any of these events because I know they are just a grind and a very boring one at that and poorly designed to the point where the power gaming script running bots will be the only ones getting stuff and everyone else will be bored to tears waiting for the 1 thing to spawn every 5 to 10 min (at which point someone will come running through and kill it before you even know it's there, because you became so bored your off watching youtube while you wait)... and you will get maybe 30 drops in 30 days... these things are designed to be "fun" but really for the average player who doesn't cheat... it is just nothing but frustration and dealing with a massive amount of griefers... I am done with that sort of gameplay... in my opinion, it's a toxic environment... which I just don't need at this point in my life. Not to mention the fact that they will run through drag all the paragons onto people to grief them... and disappear while you are left to kill all the paragons that don't have any better chance at giving you a drop than the tiny hell hound... or a slime... It's a joke.

I've told them before things in Trammel and Fel are set to a 5 to 10 min and sometimes longer respawn timer... Tokuno has a near-instant respawn rate... some other areas in-game have a near-instant respawn rate... but the dungeons in Trammel and Fel it's at a minimum of 5 min... but most often up to 10 min... Until they deal with that... these events are just trash... 3 people can wipe the dungeons clean in about 5 min... and then it's a wait while they take up to 30 or more min to respawn... you put 15 to 30 people in there and 25 of them are going to be doing nothing but standing around picking their nose for 10 min at a time... forget that.

Even Ilshenar has this issue...

I'd rather rip out my toenails than suffer through one of these events.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Solaria's Secret Poisons" has to be a reference to GoT. Lady Olenna Tyrell had smuggled in a "Seed of the Strangler" (poison) in one of Sansa's jewelry pieces and used it to poison and kill Joffrey. Plus Wildfire played a pretty prominent role in several key GoT scenes.

The "Ember of Wildfire" is a spectacularly useless piece of crap. Antique on a 70% Hit Fire Area weapon? That thing would run out of durability within 2 mins of a spawn.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't bothered with any of these events because I know they are just a grind and a very boring one at that and poorly designed
I have a hard time connecting the dots here with these types of statements. You don't bother with the events... but it's a grind.. and poorly designed?

These events have been a breath of fresh air over the last couple of years. Moving them to different locations has been a challenge. The rewards have been worth while... maybe not every single on of them... but definitely some game changers that have contributed to template diversity.

to the point where the power gaming script running bots will be the only ones getting stuff
This simply isn't a true statement.

Plenty of people - even on Atlantic where it's crowded - are getting enough to get all of the rewards multiple times over.

In the Deceit and Ice events, they were difficult and someone with an AFK scripter would have ended up dead rather quickly.

everyone else will be bored to tears waiting for the 1 thing to spawn every 5 to 10 min (at which point someone will come running through and kill it before you even know it's there, because you became so bored your off watching youtube while you wait)... and you will get maybe 30 drops in 30 days...
The spawn rate was constant in almost all areas of the dungeons where these types of events have been held. For the Deceit event, getting 20-30 drops in two hours of consistent play time wasn't much of a problem if you were a skilled player. Especially with the potion the developers released to increase the drop rate.

Again, not connecting the dots with how you "don't bother" with these events - but have a negative comment on the spawn rates and drop rates.

it is just nothing but frustration and dealing with a massive amount of griefers...
Massive amount of griefers? That is a massive overstatement.

Considering you don't play on Atlantic, whatever other shard you're on shouldn't be a problem to farm these events.

in my opinion, it's a toxic environment...
Your opinion would carry more weight if you did not start off by saying you don't bother with these events - yet then give several examples of how bad they are.

Something isn't adding up here. You're either doing them and not admitting to it. Or you're giving an opinion on content that you aren't participating in.

Not to mention the fact that they will run through drag all the paragons onto people to grief them... and disappear while you are left to kill all the paragons that don't have any better chance at giving you a drop than the tiny hell hound... or a slime... It's a joke.
In the last two events, dealing with the paragons was a challenge. That's what made it fun. People weren't intentionally dragging them all around on purpose the entire time. The example you describe is something that would happen rarely at most, and usually only because someone was near death and running away and spawn just happened to follow.

I am curious as to what is your basis for these types of statements when you claim you don't even do these events.

these events are just trash... 3 people can wipe the dungeons clean in about 5 min...
Simply not true.

and then it's a wait while they take up to 30 or more min to respawn... you put 15 to 30 people in there and 25 of them are going to be doing nothing but standing around picking their nose for 10 min at a time... forget that.
Simply not true.

It's clear you are not basing your comments in fact or experience.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So in other words, you've never tried it, don't know what you're talking about - but it's boring and poorly designed?

Unreal.

These events have been a breath of fresh air over the last couple of years. Moving them to different locations has been a challenge. The rewards have been worth while... maybe not every single on of them... but definitely some game changers that have contributed to template diversity.

Another false conspiracy theory you believe in only because you didn't do any of the other events

Again, you open up with how you don't even bother with these events, but then claim to know everything about them and rip on them.

A statement that only exists in your fantasy world.

Considering you also hate on Atlantic and don't play that shard, whatever other shard you're on shouldn't be a problem to farm these events.

Your opinion? You mean the one where you don't do these events at all but have a comment about how terrible they are?

In the last event, dealing with the paragons was a challenge. That's what made it fun. People weren't intentionally dragging them all around on purpose the entire time.

Just another one of your negative hater statements based in no reality considering you claim you do not do these events.

Simply not true. You don't know what you're talking about.

Simply not true. More talk coming out of your back side.

@MalagAste - One of the most pathetic and misleading posts I have seen in a while on Stratics. I am not sure why you are here on these forums. Very little truth in much of anything you said. You are complaining just to complain before this event has even fully released.

:facepalm:
You are the one who has no clue about things... I've played on my shard for over 20 years... I know who's on it and what they do... they are the same people who script 4 and 5 characters either archer bots, tamers, or whatever at events much like the invasion events... who grabbed all the mages in the first 10 seconds with their bot scripts running and then use one character to start luring everything else onto anyone who tried to fight one of the mages... these are the same people who used the luring tactics in Khaldun... who would run in pull everything in the area down to the front watch everyone die and then bring in their packs of characters and gather up all the drops killing everything while everyone else had to go get rezed... THEY are the reason I don't bother with this **** anymore because I know they will be there.

I know how the dungeons spawn because I've been playing in them for YEARS... I know the spawn times... and the rate at which they respawn... and I'm NOT the only one who's been vocal about it. The only dungeon area I know of in Tram/Fel that instantly respawns is the cave where the trogs spawn... why do you think those are farmed by gold gathering bots continuously on many "dead" shards?

Tips for Treasures of Wildfire Read that if you don't believe me... people have been posting there about it...
Supposedly they are "gauging" it and all but that's a load of codswallow if I ever heard it... Again... been to these too many times ... dealt with all the grief I care to... Until they make it better or deal with the bots and griefers ... it's still a crap event and poorly implemented... and they know it. There are several people who are talking about the slow spawn and drop rate...

Once again they flick a switch put a few hideously recolored and renamed items out and you all act like it's the best thing since sliced bread... they can add all this stuff in 20 min... slap it on the vendor and call it a day... and you think it's great.

But disagree point out the flaws and the insanity and get ripped apart for it...

You play on Atl... you should know. And you guys had Both Tram AND Fel to work in... where most the shards only had Tram. Not that I give a rats about Fel... but many would have gone there to try to get drops... but couldn't... and Kyronix says he's worried about farming?! Hello!? Then why create an event that is based on FARMING... and grinding?! if you don't want people doing it? And worried about people going to FEL to do it where if they are doing it AFK they will more than likely be killed?! Another stupid comment by the DEVs...

I'm more in tune with the people who still play than you are ... You just like to troll me and you always have... I happen to know a LOT of people who talk to me all the time about these things... and they don't bother posting here... nor do they bother reading any of the forums... because they find it to be too toxic. Because of trolls... So I vocalize their concerns and have for years.

It's not false... It's based on the past events that have lead up to this new crap they are shoveling... and you are eating up... If you aren't having those issues then I'm going to say you are probably and most likely one of the multitude of griefers or bots. Because those are the ONLY ones who benefit from these events.

For the "average" player they are NOT fun.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are the one who has no clue about things... I've played on my shard for over 20 years... I know who's on it and what they do... they are the same people who script 4 and 5 characters either archer bots, tamers, or whatever at events much like the invasion events... who grabbed all the mages in the first 10 seconds with their bot scripts running and then use one character to start luring everything else onto anyone who tried to fight one of the mages... these are the same people who used the luring tactics in Khaldun... who would run in pull everything in the area down to the front watch everyone die and then bring in their packs of characters and gather up all the drops killing everything while everyone else had to go get rezed... THEY are the reason I don't bother with this **** anymore because I know they will be there.

I know how the dungeons spawn because I've been playing in them for YEARS... I know the spawn times... and the rate at which they respawn... and I'm NOT the only one who's been vocal about it. The only dungeon area I know of in Tram/Fel that instantly respawns is the cave where the trogs spawn... why do you think those are farmed by gold gathering bots continuously on many "dead" shards?

Tips for Treasures of Wildfire Read that if you don't believe me... people have been posting there about it...
Supposedly they are "gauging" it and all but that's a load of codswallow if I ever heard it... Again... been to these too many times ... dealt with all the grief I care to... Until they make it better or deal with the bots and griefers ... it's still a crap event and poorly implemented... and they know it. There are several people who are talking about the slow spawn and drop rate...

Once again they flick a switch put a few hideously recolored and renamed items out and you all act like it's the best thing since sliced bread... they can add all this stuff in 20 min... slap it on the vendor and call it a day... and you think it's great.

But disagree point out the flaws and the insanity and get ripped apart for it...

You play on Atl... you should know. And you guys had Both Tram AND Fel to work in... where most the shards only had Tram. Not that I give a rats about Fel... but many would have gone there to try to get drops... but couldn't... and Kyronix says he's worried about farming?! Hello!? Then why create an event that is based on FARMING... and grinding?! if you don't want people doing it? And worried about people going to FEL to do it where if they are doing it AFK they will more than likely be killed?! Another stupid comment by the DEVs...

I'm more in tune with the people who still play than you are ... You just like to troll me and you always have... I happen to know a LOT of people who talk to me all the time about these things... and they don't bother posting here... nor do they bother reading any of the forums... because they find it to be too toxic. Because of trolls... So I vocalize their concerns and have for years.

It's not false... It's based on the past events that have lead up to this new crap they are shoveling... and you are eating up... If you aren't having those issues then I'm going to say you are probably and most likely one of the multitude of griefers or bots. Because those are the ONLY ones who benefit from these events.

You react too personally, and get too emotional about it all, just play your game, stop worrying about what you perceive everyone else to be doing.

I loved Merlins' post. :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Love the post @Merlin !

You realize you sound just like Keith sounds about RMT right? "If you enjoy it, you probably cheat or are a griefer" lol.

I see all these post from you about how the Devs are "ruining the game" and that you are closing your accounts left and right and you "don't bother doing that" for every single event. I don't think think I've EVER seen you post something positive about the game in YEARS. Everyone can have their own opinion but you are forming an opinion about things you've already admitted you haven't even tried so your claims are baseless; especially about the "average" player because these type of events are where the average player benefits (unlike your claim). These average players are able to boost skills / figure out tactics / see a dungeon they've likely never had a reason to go to before / work with others / get paid (from drops / rewards). Of course in your eyes, none of those are benefits though right because then people might see that UO isn't all doom and gloom?

You are not speaking facts so please stop acting like you know it all. I really think the only reason you even like that UO is still around is so you can tell everyone how terrible it is and how it used to be so much better. We get it, give it a break already.

Kir

Journeyman
I personally like the rewards not too overpowering like the first Deceit event, players not really forced to do the event if they don't bother with the rewards. My 2cents :scholar:

I went overboard with the deceit events but didn't bother too much with the Ice ones... so.... I still think it's a good thing :banana:

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Solaria's Secret Poisons" has to be a reference to GoT. Lady Olenna Tyrell had smuggled in a "Seed of the Strangler" (poison) in one of Sansa's jewelry pieces and used it to poison and kill Joffrey. Plus Wildfire played a pretty prominent role in several key GoT scenes.
I will contend that the green-yellow for this event reminds me of GoT, but Solaria is a Dark Monk from the original game. Her earrings are prominent:

SolariaSI.png

Also, hidden Poisons in jewelry is an older trope than GoT.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 120339

Nice going there.

You do realize that it's very likely that the accounts you are upset with, probably belong to a gold seller, right? Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do realize that it's very likely that the accounts you are upset with, probably belong to a gold seller, right? Just sayin'.
I'm sure exactly what similarity there is, but do you realize that RMT's ARE still against the UO ToS?
Am just saying we did not ask for your opinion. No one mentioned Gold Sellers or RMT in this thread we all know you have a thing for them.

Now if you want to talk about the subject this topic thats fine but don't start bringing up stuff the subject is not about

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Am just saying we did not ask for your opinion. No one mentioned Gold Sellers or RMT in this thread we all know you have a thing for them.

Now if you want to talk about the subject this topic thats fine but don't start bringing up stuff the subject is not about
It is directly related to the subject. You indicated that you were upset with the scripters in the event dungeons. I simply gave the probable reason for them being there. PS Kevin brought up my Anti-RMT stance before I mentioned it (his post #61).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire ants and lava elementals added for day 3.
Lol. Too funny. Fire Dungeon now has significant Opposing Slayer Group monsters. Lava Elemental Paragons (get your Para Chests from them while you can) would be fairly powerful, are vulnerable to Elemental Slayer, while Paragon Balrons and Succubi can also spawn there, and are vulnerable to Demon Slayer. Get a Para Lava Elemental and Para Balron/Succubus on you at same time, you're going to be taking double damage from one of them with a Slayer equipped. I'd rather take double damage from the Para Lava Elemental, than the Para Balron/Succubus.
The Para Balron hits like a mac truck, but the Para Succubus is more dangerous to Tamers due to her Life Leech Aura, which prevents you from getting close to vetting, otherwise she target switches with that aura.

Fire Ants have no Slayer (not even Flame). Just wait until they introduce the Paragon Phoenix :eek:

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Where is this kill 3 baddies wait 10 to 20 mins for respawn that was mentioned earlier? To me the spawn rate is great until you spawn 2 or 3 Para Balrons. I for one am glad that it isn't easy or boring. Playing my archer with Demon Slayer Comp and an Elemental Cameo seems to be working just fine for me. Drop rate on stuff isn't too bad either. Getting 10 to 12 per hour.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Para Balron hits like a mac truck
You aren't lying. I think they used a paragon of a paragon balron... I'm 75/75/80 phys/fire/energy resist and while riding a paroxy swampie I'm getting hit for 50hp with a single hit (not including spells). Very nasty.

Side note - ATL has fire demons and they are also nasty when they spawn as paragon with their fire breath (also doing 50ish damage). Fire dungeon is not for the feint of heart....

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally like the rewards not too overpowering like the first Deceit event, players not really forced to do the event if they don't bother with the rewards. My 2cents :scholar:

I went overboard with the deceit events but didn't bother too much with the Ice ones... so.... I still think it's a good thing :banana:
It is very sad that the good part of the event that the rewards are "meh" enough where you do not have to do it if you don't want to. This has been my experience as well - we either get good rewards and then I have to contend with mind-numbing daily grind which makes me sick of UO for many months. Or the rewards are lame enough where I can feel relief that I don't need to bother. This looks to be the second kind. The ostard is so gimped on points, it is not worth the 120s, much less the points.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You aren't lying. I think they used a paragon of a paragon balron... I'm 75/75/80 phys/fire/energy resist and while riding a paroxy swampie I'm getting hit for 50hp with a single hit (not including spells). Very nasty.

Side note - ATL has fire demons and they are also nasty when they spawn as paragon with their fire breath (also doing 50ish damage). Fire dungeon is not for the feint of heart....
Soloed a Para Fire Daemon and Balron at the same time last night on my Macer/Paladin. Stagger FTW. -60% SSI debuff for 10 secs on melee heavy enemies is huge. The Fire Daemon Paragons deal 60 damage Firebreath to 70 Fire Resist. They also have a Fire Aura, which will make them target switch to any Tamer that tries to vet heal their pet. My Macer actually has a harder time against the Para Succubus, since they have a more aggressive spellcasting AI, which Stagger doesn't neuter.