• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Wildfire comes to Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6/22/2021 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the next installment of our event series is now live on Origin. Following the defeat of Holmes’ abomination and the freeing of master artisan Yukio a new an enigmatic figure has emerged – Elidyr. A spellweaver from centuries ago, he unlocks the secrets of Wildfire and warns of a coming doom that will test Britannians to the core! Ready your blades and bows and cast your spells as we embark on a new bold adventure in, Treasures of Wildfire! With many rewards to collect there is something for everyone! 9 Pages of Lore • […]

Continue reading...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So big question is the wannabe bane dragon shard bond or not them. If the statue is does claiming it make it shard bond as well?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
At the end of the reward list in the post it says that all rewards are shard bound.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is what it says.
1624396383585.png

So taking it the statue is but once claimed its not then. So people will be farming it on the dead shards. And there 9 pages of lore if you add to a book do they become none shard bound?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy cow that is expensive. Drops usually start at 5M per. 300 drops 1.5 Plat. You can get a real one with HP for that much.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
300 turn ins sounds like a lot...
Holy cow that is expensive. Drops usually start at 5M per. 300 drops 1.5 Plat. You can get a real one with HP for that much.
looks like it will be a 2 1/2 month long event and if they put the potion back will be easy. to get like 40 on a Sampire per hour. People will want that bird so if the pets not shard bound they will be farming on the lower pop shards anyway. then claim and bring it to ATL to sell. So be like 4hrs of work for a Sampire to get it. then just have a tamer claim and transfer it over. So ATL event will have a little less people in it. And the page of lore are 1 point if you add it to a book or lore and bring over does it make it shard bond as well? So most likely looking at 50mil to 100mil for the 9 pages and looking at 300mil to 600mil for the bird would be my thinking.

Am in it just for the Armor sets I need to add to my 230 plus army then I will get the other items what I want and need.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
all the reward weapons are antique. only 'good' as collector pieces.

There are some other interesting items for sure though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this is what it says.
View attachment 120311

And there 9 pages of lore if you add to a book do they become none shard bound?
Do not put those in a book that is from other events or you wont be able to view the other pages!

This is like the Deceit book, the pages will be shard bound. They are cheap so you can make a book.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No the bigger question no one has answered would be in what tiny dungeon with barely any spawn is this happening in this time?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
this is what it says.
View attachment 120311

So taking it the statue is but once claimed its not then. So people will be farming it on the dead shards. And there 9 pages of lore if you add to a book do they become none shard bound?
i must need to patch again.
that doesn't show for me

(I just patched again & I'm not seeing that)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i must need to patch again.
that doesn't show for me
That was from there page I did not log in.

Would love to see a picture of all items and what they do and the turn in armor set color

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just don't see the point in the Antique weapons.

That's a mess, especially for the Gargs.
I am guessing the slayer ones are just for this dungeon so they just need to last 2 months. They put in no flame and mage slayer tailis this time.

Also that weapon should be a mage weapon so a mage can use it as a book for the slayer.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The only thing I was wanted to get is the bird, but I had hope to see it in the pirate menu and not from fire. I spent some time there this Morning as did Cinderella, drop rates sucks as done the number of Paragons. instant death when a Paragon is around, when there two you might as well forget it doing this alone, will take a posse to get this cleared.

right now on Origin no one is working together, its all for one and forget the rest. There is no real team work here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing I was wanted to get is the bird,
I put a Guide for it for an AI/Chiv build. Here

Just sticking with Magery is not much better for HP and Mana because those scrolls cost more.

They are very lean on points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing I was wanted to get is the bird, but I had hope to see it in the pirate menu and not from fire. I spent some time there this Morning as did Cinderella, drop rates sucks as done the number of Paragons. instant death when a Paragon is around, when there two you might as well forget it doing this alone, will take a posse to get this cleared.

right now on Origin no one is working together, its all for one and forget the rest. There is no real team work here.
Looks like they added Balrons to the mage area. Those are mean in Paragon version for Melee toons. A Cu Takes them out well.

Also I saw Succubus where hell hounds are, also not nice in paragon form.

Lucky I use those 2 things to get my Fame back.

I go thru an Undertakers Staff during these.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I actually thought I had logged out
before I took the dogs out.
(sorry if anyone was trying to talk to me)

I went inside just now and got two drops.
I had to get the pages of lore, want to read about the event
(because I will be too busy to do it, until after the event ends)

I actually have been using a 3 slot cu.
(taming not high enough to advance it to 4 slot)

I keep forgetting I can cast a blade spirit too haha

Also everyone is working together... great team work

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's a good one maybe UO can start taking sponsors for there items. The Mark of Mountain dew
There aren't enough players in UO for anyone to waste any money sponsoring anything.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for a archer better a flame slayer talisman with a good bow or a bow with fire elements?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for a archer better a flame slayer talisman with a good bow or a bow with fire elements?
The slayer and cold Bow. Then switch to demon Bow or Demon Tali when you get to the Balron, Succubus or Daemon.

The things that live there are low in cold resist. Except Lichs. Mage slayer tali for mages.

Other than Lichs you can carry a Cold Demon weapon and flame or mage tali and kill everything decently.

Your basic Energy Demon weapons will work also the next lowest resists are energy there.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The slayer and cold Bow. Then switch to demon Bow or Demon Tali when you get to the Balron, Succubus or Daemon.

The things that live there are low in cold resist. Except Lichs. Mage slayer tali for mages.

Other than Lichs you can carry a Cold Demon weapon and flame or mage tali and kill everything decently.

Your basic Energy Demon weapons will work also the next lowest resists are energy there.
thx @Pawain

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Starts doing math i need 3 luck mask who knows how many birds until I get a good one..
All Wildfire ozzy will be the same in stats.

Surprising to see no 50 SDI / 30 SDI slayer books on this go round. Also disappointed to see so many antique things (the Ember of Wildfire glaive could be usable for a garg... but not very useful in this event given it's all fire damage).

Also disappointing is that the items they chose to put Flame Slayer on is a kryss... it's a little bit of a mix for that item as it's SC +1 FC with 25 SDI but honestly I feel like it's not great for a fencer (aren't many these days) and not really great for a mage (given they need fencing not to be hit) so it kind of falls flat in between.

Last extremely disappointing thing is the price of the items. 250 for the +20 eval ring... it's an interesting piece but it's not great by any means and not worth the second most points in the list. Same with the decorations; 75 for an idol 50 for a branch 50 for the glass.... Those should all be half the cost.

I wanted to finish with the good. The mask is cool and should help luck suits out for mages. This piece shows that the Devs do actually listen (sometimes lol) since it's 10lmc 25lrc 200luck and good resists. There are also some 10HCI earrings for warriors which again is something I've seen requested for some "warrior love". I'm also curious about the lucky skull.... wondering if that will give an extra boost of luck (which at 150 points it really should).

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the sdi was more than 50 the kyrss would be good as it sits terrible for both casters and fighter

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't believe it's too much work to make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot, but Kyronix can pull this ostard out of his azz with ease.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't believe it's too much work to make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot, but Kyronix can pull this ostard out of his azz with ease.
Pretty much all they did was reskin a bane dragon. Not that hard I still in shock they went back and down graded it to make it 3 slot.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not put those in a book that is from other events or you wont be able to view the other pages!

This is like the Deceit book, the pages will be shard bound. They are cheap so you can make a book.
Which book do these pages go into?

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Pretty much all they did was reskin a bane dragon. Not that hard I still in shock they went back and down graded it to make it 3 slot.
it s not a bane reskin it s way Under the intensity of the weaken bane you can find...wait for people to complain after they train it and put scrolls

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like the prices for rewards have been updated as per Kyronix. Many items were reduced by at least 30% (Bane ozzie now 200 instead of 300) and some were reduced by half. Good to see that the Devs are actually listening to people and doing the right thing.

The last thing that I think everyone can agree on that needs to be righted is the antique property should be removed on the weapons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which book do these pages go into?
To be safe. I would put them on an empty book. Or take them to TC and see if they work with the past pages.

Basically each event will have a book of its own.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire steeds added to Origin spawn on day 2.

Lore books badly need some description of the contents on mouseover. Event, author, X of Y pages, etc.
Received a message when adding a new lore page 1 to book containing a page 1 from previous event.
"This page is already part of that story..."

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire steeds added to TC1 spawn on day 2.

Lore books badly need some description of the contents on mouseover. Event, author, X of Y pages, etc.
Received a message when adding a new lore page 1 to book containing a page 1 from previous event.
"This page is already part of that story..."
they also need to add to the title of the book witch pages are in it. See some lore books for 100 mil and up. cant tell if a full book has pages on a vendor. I can feel and smell a few people being scammed there thinking its a full book.