• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Tokuno & Invasions!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for some reason i want a wolf slayer spellbook.
i know they drop and i didnt get one last time, and i dont know what id use it for as Cu's are fey.... but i want one!
Cus were under wolf and fey but wolf didn't work I think. They were going to change Cus to wolf only but there is no Instrument for Wolf. So I talked them into not doing that.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone confirm if EJ accounts can get a drop? I would be interested in messing around a bit to see if I want to reopen my account but if I can't get a drop then I don't see the point. That is the fun part.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can anyone confirm if EJ accounts can get a drop? I would be interested in messing around a bit to see if I want to reopen my account but if I can't get a drop then I don't see the point. That is the fun part.
Why do you need a drop on an EJ account to see if you would reactivate it? That seems like it defeats the point of actually reactivating lol.

Like momma always said, why buy the cow when you get the milk for free ;)

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you need a drop on an EJ account to see if you would reactivate it? That seems like it defeats the point of actually reactivating lol.

Like momma always said, why buy the cow when you get the milk for free ;)
Because getting a nice item is fun. Also, this game is really not worth $13 a month for the sporadic frequency of new content. I hope they make it worthwhile with their announcement. Current, updated and cared about games are not much more than that. I think many folks will reactivate if there is something substantial and new to do. I know 5 people that left for the very same reason I did. Boredom.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is ToT still active? I haven't seen anything posted saying otherwise, but I've spent about 12 hours over the last couple days with no Artifacts. Last weekend I got 3 or 4 in the same amount of time.

2nd question: is it safe to assume that mob strength and luck play a role in the likelihood of getting a drop? I've been killing Onis, Revenant Lions and Bake Kitsunes, but I could probably kill Deathwatch Beetles and Orc faster, if it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is ToT still active? I haven't seen anything posted saying otherwise, but I've spent about 12 hours over the last couple days with no Artifacts. Last weekend I got 3 or 4 in the same amount of time.

2nd question: is it safe to assume that mob strength and luck play a role in the likelihood of getting a drop? I've been killing Onis, Revenant Lions and Bake Kitsunes, but I could probably kill Deathwatch Beetles and Orc faster, if it doesn't make a difference.

Thanks.
To answer in reverse:

Yes, but there is also a counter to make sure you eventually get drops no matter what you're killing.

ToT is not currently active, as it has been replaced by the city invasions.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
To answer in reverse:

Yes, but there is also a counter to make sure you eventually get drops no matter what you're killing.

ToT is not currently active, as it has been replaced by the city invasions.
Thanks.

I just went back and read the first post in the thread and saw where it said the transition happend on 12 May.

Thanks for the info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When are the invasions over?
Also how soon invasions happen? Hourly? Or as soon as the Titan gets killed?
Thanks!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Logged on Legends, go to Skara to use the city buff, see invasion going.
No captains that drop books on sight, no one working the invasion.
I will feign being surprised with this situation.

Edit:
This expletive is actually HILARIOUS!
You see people checking the invasion to see if a mob is a mage.
If it isn't, they don't even bother to help you kill the generals to make the next invasion with mage mobs start sooner.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got all the books I want. Now I use the Generals for pet training or skilling.

I also go check the invasion for cloaks when I don't want to spend a lot of time there.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Should they keep invasions going for more time?
If not, what is coming up next? What new/old-new content?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they brought bane dragons back. They would be jumped on like the Mage Generals. I fought against the Bane during that event. So I killed many of them.
1592161429042.png

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Logged on Legends, go to Skara to use the city buff, see invasion going.
No captains that drop books on sight, no one working the invasion.
I will feign being surprised with this situation.

Edit:
This expletive is actually HILARIOUS!
You see people checking the invasion to see if a mob is a mage.
If it isn't, they don't even bother to help you kill the generals to make the next invasion with mage mobs start sooner.
Yup.. I quit doing them since I don't have spellweaving. The roving bands of Word of Death spammers who roll in for the mage generals then leave was just too much to take. I did manage to get some books but not worth it. ;)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If they brought bane dragons back. They would be jumped on like the Mage Generals. I fought against the Bane during that event. So I killed many of them.
View attachment 109309
If they brought banes and dreads back, then they should allow rare server birth items and EM drops drop at most boss encounters. Then you would see lots of people going for Dreadhorn, and really all boss encounters like crazy. So all the rares will become non-rares. And also let 35% splint/50% HLD/ 50% HCI/ 70 DI Bokutos and butcher knives drop from Greater Mongbats? 60 skill rings/bracelets with 35 EP, HCI, DCI, SI, HPI drop like nuts from Boglings? Not going to work too well..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Should they keep invasions going for more time?
If not, what is coming up next? What new/old-new content?
At this point it doesn't matter if they keep it going; I'm pretty bored with it myself just because of what everyone else has mentioned with only mage targeting (that said, ATL shard still does have new invasions all day long). That said, I don't think there is a plan for "up next" so it might be a good idea to keep it going until then.

Mesanna also said bane's are not coming back (obviously that can change down then road) and with it being mid-June now I'd say they would probably just queue up the Halloween content for Sept-ish and let the masses enjoy the new EM tool :hahaha:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There would never be more than one invasion if it wasn't for the kind, selfless people that move it on AFTER any chance of a nice spellbook is gone. 'UO - rewarding selfish people since 1997' ;)

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There would never be more than one invasion if it wasn't for the kind, selfless people that move it on AFTER any chance of a nice spellbook is gone. 'UO - rewarding selfish people since 1997' ;)
There are a few of us weirdos that enjoy going into the invasions after the mages have died to see how much we can clear. I find it rather fun, even if I'm all by myself for a time. Besides, I don't have a lot of gold in game, and the gold drops in the invasions are pretty nice, especially on the lesser creatures.

My motives to go through the invasions aren't entirely selfless. I like the bloody cloaks and bloody armor (gonna have to get a few mannequins somehow).

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Only 1000 cleanup points. I'm sure after an invasion you will have enough stuff to get at least 1000 points :)
I'm fairly certain I have enough already then. At least for a few mannequins. Not sure how many I'll need yet though.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Generals only give "slight increased" gains for 4 slot pets.
Everything about this is wrong.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Generals only give "slight increased" gains for 4 slot pets.
Everything about this is wrong.
I noticed this as well. However, the mobs at the invasions tend to swarm, so I was still able to get a 4-slot pet from 0% to 100% in a few hours doing the invasions, even with the "slight" gains. Two or three generals and a captain hitting your pet for a half an hour at a time will do it.