• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Tokuno & Invasions!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/28/2020 Greetings, To give everyone additional activities to do during these trying times we have revisited some past events. To continue to keep things fresh we will be sun-setting the Treasures of Tokuno event and reactivating the 20th Anniversary Invasion. This transition will occur on May 12, 2020. You will still be able to turn in your minor artifacts to the Imperial Minister of Trade in the Rokuon Cultural Center and Shops in Zento. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still April so may in a sense is a month away. And it's one month prior to may. So in a sense she did keep her word

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s some strange math and logic lol

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That will be nice I only 1 49% spell book and I need to complete one more of 9 cache box set

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm was this the event where:

1. Invasion starts
2. Large guild or two swoops in, kills all the mages and grabs books.
3. Large guild or two recalls out.
4. Remaining players struggle to clear city.
5. Repeat process until remaining players have enough and nobody does spawn anymore?

Just trying to preset my frustration level in advance. ;)

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Precisely my memory also.

Still happy for the event coming back anyway and having the exhilarating rush of fun and frustration :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe it will be like to tokuno event with the exclusion of pigments? maybe there won't be spellbooks with a value as high as 50 spi?
ok the idea of repeating an equal event is not that it is so original, maybe funny!
I think of those who paid a fortune for a spellbook with 50 SDI ... :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They said a few times they are releasing the books once more

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Prince Erik yeah I think you might be right. All I remember was the horrible griefing and everyone going for the Captains after luring the lesser spawn onto unsuspecting players then invising...fun times! o_O I died soooo many times and usually not through my own stupidity for once!
It will be nice for people who missed out to get those SDI spellbooks, I only got one drop and it was a 48% one.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A 48 is not a good one?
I Miss the event and even if i’ll get a 48 i’ll be happy :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Those spellbooks are quite nice.
But they were a mess to get last time and it will be a mess to get again.
Once more people will farm the mages and leave the rest of the spawn to other players to grind and kill, only to rinse and repeat the same thing on the next town.
Quoting a wise man: "I am too old for this ****".
No thanks. This will be a hard pass for me.

Elaysia

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed out on this event so I'll be very happy to get a decent book, does anyone have a good link on how this next event works?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I skipped the ToT event gave it an hour and couldn’t take it lol
I think I’ll do the quest parts of this event and maybe a few invasions mostly for cloaks and the mage books

it was fun last time

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank all you for not wanting to participate. More books for those that do. I feel your pain on Atlantic. There are no big guilds on other shards. I got 2 50% books a Bunch of 40 to 49% that I gave away. Most of the 30% slayers. I have learned to use my pets and skills a lot more effectively now.

Weren't the invasions almost constant? Play at 3am or 7am if you have to, if you are not working.

Cry me a ****ing river. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

:cheerleader:Ill be having a lot of fun! :cheerleader:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@MaryForUo No no I was happy with the one I got, but I did only get one drop, as I said there was a lot of griefing going on and it happened pretty much as Prince Erik said on Europa. At first everyone would work together to get everything killed but then someone realised that the spellbooks were dropping on certain mobs and that was when it all went downhill.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'll most likely be checking this out. I wasn't here for the last one. I'm not even sure what all gets dropped, but it sounds fun.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I missed the 20th anniversary invasions. I cannot wait! Can we discord these foes or are they immune like the Blackthorn Captains?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I missed the 20th anniversary invasions. I cannot wait! Can we discord these foes or are they immune like the Blackthorn Captains?
They are pretty much Blackthorn Captains with a bit more HP.
So no, you ain't getting to disco them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a few I play regularly. There is Lord Corwyn (Crafter), Tika (Scribe Mage), Fyst (Archer Fisher).
If you play 6pm to midnight central. Listen to get chat. We do things nightly.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you play 6pm to midnight central. Listen to get chat. We do things nightly.
I have General Chat running all the time. I see you all are a very busy group. I'm still re-learning everything, so I don't feel comfortable playing with others just yet, but once I get a bit more comfortable, I'll be sure to join in.

Thanks for the invite!

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You CAN disco them, they are not even close to the blackthorn guys. Well you could disco them unless they changed it

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is all that came from this the weapons and books? Colored armor maybe?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50SDI books and 30 SLayer books. Some bloody cloth. Bloody armor you cant reforge.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i think there were 7 different suits that dropped during these invasions. Id have to check my house of suits.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant see any armor suits that are complete though. Some miss legs, some sleeves, some helmets, etc.
No Bloody Helm or gloves.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what I remembered, it got dull fast if I recall correctly. Still good on them to bring back old content...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Khaldun event would have been good as well :)
Definitely. Technically, the Khal Ankur spawn is still active (doesn't require Cadellite Infused anymore), and still gives out Costumes, but it doesn't drop Cult Artifacts anymore, and the Fel version is no longer guaranteed to drop shard-bound 120s. With all the new and returning players, those shard-bound 120s would be great, as would the Healing Belts. Would make scrolling up chars and pets on lesser populated shards easier, since currently all the 120s get ferreted away to Atlantic.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm enjoying these "best of UO" events. ToT was perfect. Yeah, the drops were not updated, but I still got 2 mempos and had some fun in Tokuno. I missed the invasions and cannot wait. I wold love to see the Khal Ankur event come back too. That one was a blast. And I'm finding I would like a way to obtain more first aid belts and a Khal Ankur mask (which I never selected).

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I think one "fix" for the invasions would be simply to up the % of spawn that is the mages.

Also, as a reminder, the spellbooks weren't the only over-cap drops. There were also quite good bows and blades, as well as the uniquely colored armors and shield. 20th Anniversary Event - Stratics Community Wiki :)

I also am hoping it's not just part 4, but parts 1, 2, and 3 as well (all 4 simultaneously would be ideal).

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think Kyronix said on the other forum that it would be purely the invasion of the cities and nothing else as they are not at the office right now, so they are just doing the part that's easiest to turn on I guess.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think one "fix" for the invasions would be simply to up the % of spawn that is the mages.
Or just make any General have the ability to drop any wep/book. Kill a Macer General? Can get a Spellbook, Soul Glaive, Bow, or Melee Wep. Would incentivize people to kill all the Generals, not just the Mages/Healers then dip.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
They said over in the other forums that they're not making any changes, they're just turning it on. It does make me wonder, though; the titans themselves had no drops that I recall. The point in killing them was to get points for part 5. So what'll be the point of killing them now, if they're only running part 4?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A chance to grief other players!!! Too bad I have to sleep sometimes.

*Starts polishing the old griefing stick*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A chance to grief other players!!! Too bad I have to sleep sometimes.

*Starts polishing the old griefing stick*
Yup. We get to grief the ones that want to hog all the book droppers. They love when we call out the location of them in chat. Gonna be fun!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree it would have been a good idea to make the books a random drop on any mob, obviously with a tiny chance on the lesser ones, that way people wouldn't just go after the mages and then leave. The team never seem to take human nature into account....

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. We get to grief the ones that want to hog all the book droppers. They love when we call out the location of them in chat. Gonna be fun!
How is that griefing them? From what I remember, as long as they are in the top whatever damagers, they get a book. Latecomer crowd should not matter.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is that griefing them? From what I remember, as long as they are in the top whatever damagers, they get a book. Latecomer crowd should not matter.
Only 1 book drops. More players doing damage less chance for an individual. RNG also determines who gets the drop.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only 1 book drops. More players doing damage less chance for an individual. RNG also determines who gets the drop.
I remember at least two dropping. I used two accounts once in a while to get two books.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
They drop up to 3 books/ weapons/ bows every time. If it just one player then just one book but up to 3 players will get a drop.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 books would be awesome.

It's almost time to begin!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for some reason i want a wolf slayer spellbook.
i know they drop and i didnt get one last time, and i dont know what id use it for as Cu's are fey.... but i want one!