• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Shattered Obelisk

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so is this is this not working yet...only dont wanna start if its not working yet as it should

and what are the rewards exactly.... seroiusly some folk aint got hours upon hour trying to figure this all out...read this go there read that...yes... let me get some real life work ,,,family etc ....fit in between ...it be be awesome if you are retirement age...kicking back spending the pension
it's probably 90% working now but for me the drop rate of new items has been low.....very low.
I only got 1 item in the 6 hours i've been doing trade orders today.

Others have had better luck but not me :/

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get home, log in, start a quest, get on my ship to milk it..a single water elm spawns, kill it..not even a corpse to loot for zero chance at an item...nicely done Dev Team.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get home, log in, start a quest, get on my ship to milk it..a single water elm spawns, kill it..not even a corpse to loot for zero chance at an item...nicely done Dev Team.
Well, I killed ~188 ambushers before I stopped counting out of boredom. I got two items. That is a 1.06% drop rate. :wall:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so it like a afk script thing again like the last time... milking the minax arties afk ... think im not happy

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a main issue is that, we don't even know if we need to be collecting these things or if we only need 1 to proceed to the next part of the quest.
The pop up info on the items is nice but don't tell you anything....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we will need all of them to have a chance at the high end items maybe not maybe it will be just for turns so any and all will work

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think a main issue is that, we don't even know if we need to be collecting these things or if we only need 1 to proceed to the next part of the quest.
The pop up info on the items is nice but don't tell you anything....
Fairly certain that we don't "need" any of this stuff, it's just deco and window dressing for the arc.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix There's a bug with any of the "special items" If they stack, The items separated from the stack are then no longer usable.

Tested with the "A Soul Trapped Within A Phylactery". I have 4 of those, one of them is no longer able to be double clicked or opened.
So far, that's the only item I've found that is stackable.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They could be along the lines of the 'power', 'vanquishing" weps years ago when the Generals were invading towns... then again they could be useful in bribing people later on in the arc... don't think too many folks know for sure..

and the ones who know.. AIN'T saying lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doesn't matter the drop rate is such a pathetic joke that only the bots and scripters will have that many normal people will die of boredom and quit before they get more than 3 or 4...

And to be totally honest Gumballs & Dungeons on my phone is more fun and FREE, as well so is Slither.io... Far more entertaining, engaging and rewarding... sad.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've had one item all day, some quests I had 4 lots of spawn, just no items! My husband has had at least half a dozen in the same time.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I drove my ship back and forth for 30 minutes and finally got a single Water elm to spawn, after killing it there wasn't even a corpse to tease me with..after that I spent another 30 minutes running back and forth in Yew waiting for an ambush that never came..this is on Siege btw. Beyond disappointing.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I was finally able to log in and give the latest re-re-activation and yap yesterday's bugged release was far better with drop rates. Having to go hours with any drops isn't my idea of fun. They should change it back the way it was, it might have been bugged but a lot more fun collecting all the items.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont like grinding feeling. Hopefully, a couple of these rare items are good enough for the event.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I drove my ship back and forth for 30 minutes and finally got a single Water elm to spawn, after killing it there wasn't even a corpse to tease me with..after that I spent another 30 minutes running back and forth in Yew waiting for an ambush that never came..this is on Siege btw. Beyond disappointing.
But don't you all realize we are supposed to be "excited" about this new adventure for our 20th Anniversary Event... *massive eye roll*

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Probably killed about 30 sets of ambushers now, carts working ok, bugger all drop items. Seems like the drop rate is totally abysmal if they are dropping anything at all. One run I went from vesper to trinsic, killed about 10 dif sets of ambushers, enough to generate 198,000 k on the run zip drop off anything. This is on siege. @Kyronix is the spawn on siege actually dropping anything?

Edit: since the above done another 10 sets ( min of 3-4 each set) still nothing. So far for my days effort I have a .7 tinkering, . 4 ninjistu (neither of which I can use) 54 agapite ingots, whoopdy doo, other crappy resources the best of which was 108 scales of which there is no use for.

Why do they invent this stuff with drop rates non-existant or so poor that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Don't they want people to actually have FUN?

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How many of these items do we actually need? One of each? 10 random ones? Does anyone actually know?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think it's just the luck of the player (NOT in-game luck!) and the RNG. I have gotten...SO FAR..~Knock on wood~ 1 item per trade run.

I have gotten several duplicates but, at least for me, the drop rate is good.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
These books are NOT part of this arc. They were from the first act of Warriors of Destiny.
I am absolutely positive. They are from 2012 and were the backstory for why we had rioters in the Crown cities.
First of all, thanks for the info Dot! (And also Mene for all your effort!) We never played the offline Ultimas, in fact we only learned about their existence long after starting on UO heh. So our knowledge on those is pretty much non-existent.

Hope you don't consider this as nitpicking, but according to UOGuide the Warriors of Destiny ended in 2009, so with 2012 you mean The Awakening story Arc. We only realised when searching for Warriors of Destiny after we read your post.

Anyway, you also mentioned Titans, does anyone know what the Titan Guard in Delucia is for? Been there for a while now, so we assume it is not related. (This is on Europa btw.)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it's RNG based, i.e. streaky as all get out. Last night in 5 hours of doing trade quests I got 2 items (the same one) and a guild mate in a 3 hour period got 7 of them, with only one duplicate. Earlier in the day I got 4 in an hour and a half.

I wish I knew how many of these (if any) we'll need going forward! If we need like 10 of each some people are going to be in trouble. ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's just the luck of the player (NOT in-game luck!) and the RNG. I have gotten...SO FAR..~Knock on wood~ 1 item per trade run.

I just finished doing 5 trade runs in 2 hours on Balhae. Three of the runs were long slow walks from Minoc to Skara, Britain, and Yew. Not one drop in that time. Spent maybe 6 hours on it yesterday and got 2 drops in all that time. The ambushes are happening, but there are no drops. And I've been careful to search the loot on every corpse just to make sure, in case I missed the message. Nothing.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was me last night. So frustrating. Since I posted earlier this morning I got 2 drops.. on the same run ... go figure.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
RNG is a fickle thing... 7 drops last night on about 12 raids in about three hours play .. today so far 20 raids and no drop in about an hour of play..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thats proof right there that Siege is getting the shaft.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Switched doing them to my tamer who had never done a trade. 4 runs, 3 items and 2 guild signs. Spent hours and hours on my archer, got a couple of items and only got pinks and resources. He was doing 3 trade item quests.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First of all, thanks for the info Dot! (And also Mene for all your effort!) We never played the offline Ultimas, in fact we only learned about their existence long after starting on UO heh. So our knowledge on those is pretty much non-existent.

Hope you don't consider this as nitpicking, but according to UOGuide the Warriors of Destiny ended in 2009, so with 2012 you mean The Awakening story Arc. We only realised when searching for Warriors of Destiny after we read your post.

Anyway, you also mentioned Titans, does anyone know what the Titan Guard in Delucia is for? Been there for a while now, so we assume it is not related. (This is on Europa btw.)
Thx Tabby :)
I must admit I also never played the "Original Ultima Series" - I only know Ultima Online.
But I always loved the bigger events - begins with the "Juka Szenario" in 2001 up til today.
Warriors of Destiny also was a big event - and like Laria I couldn't remember these books :) ....

I think the titans are part of Ultima- Pagan. I was even in Delucia, Drachenfels, but there's no one. could you post a pic from Europa plz? *just courious*

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Derp! :confused: Yes, you're right, it was the Awakening.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did about 10-12 runs that didn't result in death last night.

Half of them had NO Ambushers (amazingly, TWO of the no-ambush runs were Britain to Minoc!)

Half of what was left I used the moongate (in fact, one of my deaths was from being jumped as I was trying to set the moongate for its destination, and didn't have the time to yell for guards).

of the remaining 6 or so, I got drops from 2 mobs (trapped soul and map).

I'm particularly annoyed that my 120 Necro (only 80 real) doesn't have enough necro for the trapped soul.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was even in Delucia, Drachenfels, but there's no one. could you post a pic from Europa plz?
Here's an attempt heh. Seem to remember in the past we needed photobucket or a similar program, but the "upload a file" seems to add the picture here in the preview.
Delucia Titan Guard.jpg

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just did a trade, Got ambushed, Killed them all, Got the message that there wasn't enough room in my bag for the trade deal and it was cancelled? It was 10 item order of bandanas... I'm at 60/125 and 350/565 Weight But I can't teleport, can't get another trade deal, etc etc etc....

Come on....

@Bleak @Kyronix

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I had one fail to show back up in my pack after I killed all the stuff. I couldn't recall because it still thought I had the order, but if I did it must have been invisible? I killed my character and all the junk from the order was on my corpse. :/

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's probably 90% working now but for me the drop rate of new items has been low.....very low.
I only got 1 item in the 6 hours i've been doing trade orders today.

Others have had better luck but not me :/
So I did the trade thing for a good 8 hours yest. and I havent seen any drops. Could you please tell me what the drops are or post a pic cause i havent gotten a clue. orc carts on fire and mobs were all there but not seeing any drops!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just had an ambush in New magencia, killed the mobs but then got "your backpack was too full to return your trade order, so it was lost".
It's not full and even when i had the order i had over 300 spare (and no its not item count full either, i run an empty pack doing these quests).
Ohh but that's not all...even though the trade order was "not returned and lost"...yup i'm apparently still carrying it so cannot recall.....Grrrrrrr......

Another new bug???....... :rolleyes:

Edit....and still get ambushed running back too brit....ffs....

@Bleak @Kyronix

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bugged trade quest isn't timing out......looks like my char is bugged now for another 22 hours until trade quest expires normally...:grrr:
Why is it always on Sunday!!!! I cannot even go do other stuff as i cannot use recall.
:wall:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So I did the trade thing for a good 8 hours yest. and I havent seen any drops. Could you please tell me what the drops are or post a pic cause i havent gotten a clue. orc carts on fire and mobs were all there but not seeing any drops!
There is no "drop" per say it's more you get a message that "You notice a curious item on the corpse" after you kill one of the mobs indicating there is a special thing to loot on it. And they can be very FEW and far between... first night I did Trade Quests 12 HOURS... got 2 items.