• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Shattered Obelisk

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Kyronix feedback on trade quests..

at times some of the ambushers are getting stuck on the top of the stuff that spawns with them and melee chars and non magic using pets can't reach them. This especially happens near water lines and through mountain passes. There has also been one time where the ambushers spawned at the water line and my char was stuck on one tile due to the pile of stuff the spawn on.

**edit**

Also, when you die on the trade quest.. all the stuff that was in the chest pops in your pack.. which when you are doing a 4 line x 20 item one without stackables.. errrrr that kinda blows lol. Anyway the ambushers can take the stuff with them? lol

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think Tina is right and they turned it off on all shards....awaiting word...ZzzZzzz

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yah, I'm kinda wondering about this, has there been no announcement made about this what-so-ever?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It was turned on for about....half hour?? Then turned off....with no explanation....so we are just waiting to see what is going on.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#PRskills #cantreleaseanythingright

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was turned on for about....half hour?? Then turned off....with no explanation....so we are just waiting to see what is going on.
You can blame me (just like my guild always does) I just woke up, made some coffee and wanted to try out it new content. So that in turn broke it *grumbles*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
#PRskills #cantreleaseanythingright
#NeedMoreThanEightToTenPlayersHelpingTestStuffOnTestCenter.... because that is about all that shows up to help test sadly.. Those of us who log on there do our best to assist in finding all the bugs we can but would be much easier with more folks helping out....

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
#NeedMoreThanEightToTenPlayersHelpingTestStuffOnTestCenter.... because that is about all that shows up to help test sadly.. Those of us who log on there do our best to assist in finding all the bugs we can but would be much easier with more folks helping out....
I absolutely agree. Perhaps they should focus on the customer relations and getting more people to help them test stuff before they release anymore stuff that broke out of the box.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I absolutely agree. Perhaps they should focus on the customer relations and getting more people to help them test stuff before they release anymore stuff that broke out of the box.
The hard thing is finding something to make it worthwhile for folks really. Spending a few hours on a temp shard can be more than a lot of folks want to give. Maybe if they "engraved" players after say 50 hours or so of testing new Pubs with something like "Content Tester" on their home shard that would be a draw to more people *shrugs*

Could even have different tier levels of engraving for higher hours etc. Just a thought.....

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The hard thing is finding something to make it worthwhile for folks really. Spending a few hours on a temp shard can be more than a lot of folks want to give. Maybe if they "engraved" players after say 50 hours or so of testing new Pubs with something like "Content Tester" on their home shard that would be a draw to more people *shrugs*

Could even have different tier levels of engraving for higher hours etc. Just a thought.....
that would be really cool. Definitely something people could be proud of... Like the old aos roses but for current stuff "I helped bring in pub 98" etc etc.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks... and no way to have folks sell it and cause an uproar about Person X getting Y and getting rich lol... Lawd knows they love to do that... lol

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Event arc wasn't live on test shard.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or for the sake argument ... perhaps hire a QA person or two? ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Or for the sake argument ... perhaps hire a QA person or two? ;)
C'mon now.. this is EA we are talking about.. you know they are only throwing a few pennies here and there down to the team for budgeting...

not to mention the best testers are always the players. Most especially when it comes to exploits etc.. the bad thing is ya will very seldom talk the exploiters into reporting the exploits they find for them to be fixed lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C'mon now.. this is EA we are talking about.. you know they are only throwing a few pennies here and there down to the team for budgeting...

not to mention the best testers are always the players. Most especially when it comes to exploits etc.. the bad thing is ya will very seldom talk the exploiters into reporting the exploits they find for them to be fixed lol
At one time, I thought UO did have an incentive program for people to report exploits/bugs. Will have to dig and see if I can find it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At one time, I thought UO did have an incentive program for people to report exploits/bugs. Will have to dig and see if I can find it.
I remember this as well. I'm fairly certain it died a quiet, ignoble death after one of the rounds of random, inexplicable EA layoffs.

They should start the program back up again. Give away titles, deco trinkets or small amounts of sovereigns as a reward.

"I helped test Publish 98 and all I got was this lousy shirt" shirts.
or
rename one of the many bug-themed statues with something like "I helped squish bugs in Publish 98!"
or
"Bug Squisher/Killer/Crusher" for account-unlock titles.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found one of the worst bugs probably in UO's history during that incentive program. A way to take you from 0 to GM in any skill instantly. I got a free month......(which i really didn't want as i paid 6 monthly)
Others found lesser bugs and typo's and got things like free soulstones (before you could buy them) and eathy mounts ect.
It died because people complained about what they got as a reward for the severity of bug found, again it was a system that wasn't very well implemented to start with so they killed it because it became far too much hassle.

Sometimes we the players are the very reason things fail. ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So when this is turned back on, it starts with an npc ? we don't just "begin" when we log in ?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We're all part of the neverending story. Its the only way to get in touch with a human traveler. LOL

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when this is turned back on, it starts with an npc ? we don't just "begin" when we log in ?
No idea. Tried reading the two pieces of fiction and nothing is jumping out at me. Naxatilor is still in his usual place and doesn't look sick. If he ends up being moved to the Royal City, who knows how that affects doing his quest. Don't know who Bundor Bard is or where he may be found. Never heard of Lady Machiavelli, although she sounds like she might be evil. If these people have been discussed in EM events, I missed out and am clueless as to who they are and what might motivate them to do anything. No ideas on where to find a crumbling manor turned into a sanitorium. The healer who went there has apparently been living underground for a long time and practices an older form of magic. No idea what any of that means. Guess you have to do EM events to know what is going on.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lady Machiavelli is from the same BNN audio stories that Bunder is from.

The newspapers are what "start" the content, though most of those aren't quests in the literal sense.

The actual quest chain part starts whenever
Moonglow
gets its newspaper article.

EM events aren't driving the 20th arc, just supplementing the story.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea. Tried reading the two pieces of fiction and nothing is jumping out at me. Naxatilor is still in his usual place and doesn't look sick. If he ends up being moved to the Royal City, who knows how that affects doing his quest. Don't know who Bundor Bard is or where he may be found. Never heard of Lady Machiavelli, although she sounds like she might be evil. If these people have been discussed in EM events, I missed out and am clueless as to who they are and what might motivate them to do anything. No ideas on where to find a crumbling manor turned into a sanitorium. The healer who went there has apparently been living underground for a long time and practices an older form of magic. No idea what any of that means. Guess you have to do EM events to know what is going on.
Find a Town Herald (not a town crier) and buy a news paper from him.....the rest i'll let you discover for yourselves.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find a Town Herald (not a town crier) and buy a news paper from him.....the rest i'll let you discover for yourselves.
Already did that (Britain only, however) and already ran quests with the new ambushers until they turned that off. Nothing else sticks out to me as being an obvious thing to do.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Already did that (Britain only, however) and already ran quests with the new ambushers until they turned that off. Nothing else sticks out to me as being an obvious thing to do.
Well so far we are collecting "strange items" from the new ambushers and double clicking them to bring up info.....and having certain skills like Magery for amulets seems to bring uo a more detailed description. Thats all i got so far.

Thanks Dot. :D

Last edited:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's garbage. We're paying for a product. If they want us to test all the content for free they should give us free gametime.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmmmm wait for the BIG lazy and not enough time/ limited time SpOiLeR...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, unfortunately I haven't made too many EM events, and by too many I mean any :).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
EM Events are not necessary to follow the Arc Content...all you need is the uo.com fiction and the stuff in game.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK so I have been really busy in RL and have tried to read up on this new quest and from what I understand I need to go to a town herald and use context menu tto get a paper? I only get options of donate gold and paper doll ? then go get a trafe order and deliver it?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can get the paper tomorrow when its turned back on

I'm still not sure what it has to do with the trade orders though other than a "read" about it maybe?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK so I have been really busy in RL and have tried to read up on this new quest and from what I understand I need to go to a town herald and use context menu tto get a paper? I only get options of donate gold and paper doll ? then go get a trafe order and deliver it?
It's turned off, AGAIN!!!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm guessing the option will be there tomorrow morning after shard up
look under the section for Developer feed, its explained there

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you both :) I will move on then till tomorrow!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You can get the paper tomorrow when its turned back on

I'm still not sure what it has to do with the trade orders though other than a "read" about it maybe?
do the traders quest and let the ambushers come up, you will find unique items on them (low chance)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I'm just a tad irritated ..... so it'll be on tomorrow for all the good that does me... was off Mon-Thur and now I go back to work tomorrow... and it'll be on.... can't catch a break.