• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Black Gate Now Live on Origin

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyway....I've never killed or had the desire to kill..an unbound vortex.....any suggestions?? *is scared*
100% poison elemental slayer weapon, 120 bushido with honour or 120 chiv. If you have level 3 swords mastery, onslaught + double strike with a double axe makes short use of them. Otherwise, go with armour ignore. 100% poison will keep doing good damage when you are low on mana which will recover it fast enough for you to continue spamming special moves.
If you don't have a 100% poison weapon, a 100% physical will work almost as good, but stick to armour ignore in this case.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just hope there is a lot more coming. This seems a bit blah after a 10 month wait for new content. No, EM tools do not count as new content.
Agree with you 100%. This is what they said was the "first use of the dynamic tool" which took all year to release which I'm not really buying since they also said this arc would be available for the foreseeable future and there is nothing "dynamic" about it.

I'm glad they did this for something to do but I really think that this arc (with how basic it is {no new mobs}) should/could have been released back in July/August. I don't want to pile on too much but they kind of set it up for failure by withholding any new game content for almost 10 months and then release an arc that only has shard bound items that are 100% decoration (and can only be done once per char). After 10months of waiting I also was hoping for some kind of wearable drops. :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Agree with you 100%. This is what they said was the "first use of the dynamic tool" which took all year to release which I'm not really buying since they also said this arc would be available for the foreseeable future and there is nothing "dynamic" about it.
This is the Anniversary content... not Treasures of style event...

After 10months of waiting I also was hoping for some kind of wearable drops. :(
The ankh necklace and robe can be equipped.
The only downside is they are shard bound, but I doubt if The Grinch ever plans on shard hopping... so he will like it

==================

Treasures of ...
1600537739829.png
1600537790405.png

could be either of those two

or maybe this...
1600537862318.png

but we won't know, until we know...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am finally logging in to do the quest....kids are with their Dad this weekend YAY! LOL and yes I am doing a walkthrough..it's been awhile since I've done one, I"m rather excited!!

Anyway....I've never killed or had the desire to kill..an unbound vortex.....any suggestions?? *is scared*
My tamer (Origin) has a dragon and Trickee had a dog, we party up first, went in and started the battle, a craze mage tried to interrupted the party, but I had marked a rune at the battle lure it off, invis and gate back. we both got credit for the kill completing that part of the quest.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did alright with my Cu solo, took awhile but I did it! I do have 2 tamers but they are both on the same acccount :/ stupid!

Quest is complete...at least once! Am working on a walkthrough....one thing that bothers me...unless I missed it somewhere....what Julia said about a troll? What does that have to do with anything?

"The troll still torments the bridge North of Vesper and East of Minoc near where Julia was killed."

Is that a part of the storyline that I missed because I didn't find any trolls lol.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the old stratics Site you can find some small information about this - from the BNN Year 1999 - so its very old knowlegde:

Julia (killed by the FoA - Followers of Armageddon) - Julia is a tinker in Minoc who was taken by the FoA. She is also one of the traditional companions of the Avatar in previous Ultimas. She was kidnapped by the Followers during their attempt at breaking the world, and killed during the capture of the leader. As a ghost, she appeared to Dupré during the Crisis in Britannia, telling him to find Joye.

BNN 1999
Death, intrigue and mystery surround the FoA
The attacks were a diversion!

Click the links to read the stories!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"The troll still torments the bridge North of Vesper and East of Minoc near where Julia was killed."

Is that a part of the storyline that I missed because I didn't find any trolls lol.
This was a plot point of the FoA storyline in '98/99. She was killed by G'Thunk, who was later killed by players. Not sure why they'd say a dead troll was still around, unless it was also a ghost.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a plot point of the FoA storyline in '98/99. She was killed by G'Thunk, who was later killed by players. Not sure why they'd say a dead troll was still around, unless it was also a ghost.
It also literally contradicts what they posted in fiction a month ago...

Half the group arrested and secured the cabal leader, while the remaining moved against the troll. The creature did not go down easily, and even as the troll lay dying, G’thunk crawled toward his target, screaming “Brother Killer!”

Ugh...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
found blood np but i wasted alot of time looking for the troll lol. you have to laugh

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I've seen the black gate guide that uo-cah.com has put together I am even more stunned that these items are shard bound and you can only do the quest once per char for a random reward... Its insane to me. Just to collect the items you need you use an advanced warrior/mage/tamer. If you want a full set of these runes you better have deep pockets. I'll probably just end up getting one or two and sell them to the collectors with endless money.

Lador

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you do any of the quests without having to kill anything, none of my characters are strong enough to kill anything serious?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you do any of the quests without having to kill anything, none of my characters are strong enough to kill anything serious?
Ask a tamer to help you. A basic swordsman can do 1/3 damage on the dragons and trogs. Tamer kill them and move to next one. The Dragons end sword works great. A tamer with a Cu can tank the Vortex and you can sit there as long as you need whacking it with a basic sword. I've taken 3 fresh swordsmen thru. I decided to take my throw away guys thru first then take my skilled players.

I saw a player yesterday take a tinker with an Automatron thru the quests. They had a tamer helper.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Iolo's Quest (located below West Britain bridge at the 4 huts)
you just have to purchase bread loaf & pitcher of milk from waiter or waitress at the tavern below west Britain Bank
and shoes from a cobbler
(reward is a fluffy pillow)

===========

Jaana's Quest (located at the Court of Truth, must go in the East door & she's in the back room)
she wants you to go to the Winery (in the back room)
ctrl shift and double click rolled parchment
a scroll will appear in your backpack (toggle as quest item & return to Jaana)
(reward is a barrister's robe)

==============

Katrina (located at New Magincia Tailor shop)
requests you to kill 50 Trogs at Painted Caves (can get there with corrupt portal)

these can be killed with blade spirits
you will have to invis, so they don't target you

(don't venture in too far, there is a tough black bear that spawns in there)

)reward looks like a bunch of black colored bandages)

=================
Geoffrey
wants you to kill 5 Greater Dragons, 20 dragons, and 40 drakes

easier if you have someone else tank them.
if you have magery, you can cast energy bolt & get credit for the dragons and drakes.
you have to hit the greaters more times to get credit, not sure how many times...
ask for help in General Chat

===============

the others i'd ask for help in General Chat.

Dupre (located at the tavern, just east of Trinsic park)
he wants you to kill the Unbound Energy Vortex.
let someone else tank
cast earth elementals and cast fireball on it.

===================

I might be able to help you on Wednesday, if you are around.
I don't have the places marked on Europa, but I know where they are all at.
(I'm assuming you want to do it on your home shard?)