• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Black Gate Now Live on Origin

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/16/2020 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that the Black Gate is now live on Origin. We invite you to begin this adventure by seeking Julia at the mining camp outside of Minoc. Happy adventuring! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some players came and told us:

Kill lots of different stuff.

Rewards are the stone tiles of the virtues. Have not seen them but I think they are these:

1600293926428.png

There are some quest pieces that may look nice. Someone can post pics of those. @Cinderella !

Tiles will go well with all the virtue items we have already.

We will be doing it over and over on LS.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I checked it out on Origin and it looked pretty fun to me.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good to know they are all shard bound. I will likely wait until it comes to ATL so I can use the decor.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to know they are all shard bound. I will likely wait until it comes to ATL so I can use the decor.
Why is that good? Also I hear its one quest per toon. With 7 chars you cant get all 8.

The only thing players have asked to be shard bound are Power Scrolls, and they are not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why is that good? Also I hear its one quest per toon. With 7 chars you cant get all 8.

The only thing players have asked to be shard bound are Power Scrolls, and they are not.
EM Event items... asked those to be shard bound for ages... but nope... events on the shard should stay on the shard.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reward: Random Virtue, Shard bound

plus you can get some other items if you don't finish the quest, shard bound:
So if you don't finish you can keep the quest item?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, but I don't think you need the medallion since we can't get them anymore. I'm horrible at the puzzles, but they like making you use skills like Spirit Speak and stuff.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately I have no trained char on Origin to help testing, but one thought on the Quest Offering:

I'm clicking to the menu to the end for taking pics up to this

1600317416658.png

and than refuse the quest. Than I took it again and get another Symbol on the rune. I did this a few time and the rune-symbol changes .

So one I beg you to find out plz:
Is the runesymbol you can see by taken the offering the same you get by finished the quest? So if you for example see the honor symbol you will get the rune for honor at the end?
- If this is so, so we probably have a change that we could choose differents runes in advance to complete a full collection of all symbols.

Would be kind if someone find this out :) Thanks

And I hope we see a complete quest solotion on UO.cah soon. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately I have no trained char on Origin to help testing, but one thought on the Quest Offering:

I'm clicking to the menu to the end for taking pics up to this

View attachment 111975

and than refuse the quest. Than I took it again and get another Symbol on the rune. I did this a few time and the rune-symbol changes .

Is the runesymbol you can see by taken the offering the same you get by finished the quest? So if you for example see the honor symbol you will get the rune for honor at the end?
- If this is so, so we probably have a change that we could choose differents runes in advance to complete a full collection of all symbols.

Would be kind if someone find this out :) Thanks

And I hope we see a complete quest solotion on UO.cah soon. :)
Nope The rune you get is random according to Kyronix:

Since it is 1 per toon, it would be nice to pick what you get.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1600325779934.png
1600325813103.png
1600325837162.png
1600325903453.png
1600325931855.png

when you double click on them, this is what appears

Other items require more fighting. Once my pet is trained, I will be able to get these items too.
(Taming isn't high enough for a cu)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So if you don't finish you can keep the quest item?
the only thing you wouldn't be able to keep, is the Raw Ginseng, which has a 23 Hr Timer

The Robe and necklace is equipable.
So I'm guessing that you would be able to equip the fellowship sword too
(I haven't gotten it yet, but when I do, I will be sure to see if I can)

I know I would love to have these items for The Grinch

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
locked the orange runebook down on the steps to my Origin house in Luna. Has Runes to all the locations and there is a public jawbone to get to Ilshenar spots for the sage across the Street.

1600334816699.png

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine wasn't.

when you go to turn the quest in (completing the whole thing), the picture changes to a different rune (I assume it has a chance to stay the same) then it may also change again from the final quest gump & when the reward appears in your pack.

the quest displayed Sacrifice when i picked the quest up. after completing the whole quest and turning it in turned to Valor on the final gump before claiming the reward, and it was Justice when it appeared in my pack.

based on that, it's going to be difficult to get a full set of these runes, especially since each character can only do the quest once.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*snip*
Since it is 1 per toon, it would be nice to pick what you get.

Yeah, same opinion here - this should absolutly be a must - they should make this like the virtue tabards.

But at the End I think we need a good amount of folk doing a kind of "Overcross-Shard-Helping" so that we can swap the doubles at the end -

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or they will try to sell them for ridiculously high prices like EM drops.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I think you misinterpreted what I wrote. I said it's good to know they are shard bound...followed by I will wait until it's on ATL. Aka there is no need for me to waste time on Origin (just a shard I have a char on to test new content) gathering rewards when I don't have a house to put them in. Why is THAT good? Well ummm because I don't like to waste time?? :p

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly all these Arcs or whatever you wanna call them are going shard bound... for me its just another way for them to strip the fun out of the game... They've made this so its highly unlikely that you could complete the set of runes unless u have many accounts and you do the quest an insane amount of times... or your super rich and just buy the rewards.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clearly all these Arcs or whatever you wanna call them are going shard bound... for me its just another way for them to strip the fun out of the game... They've made this so its highly unlikely that you could complete the set of runes unless u have many accounts and you do the quest an insane amount of times... or your super rich and just buy the rewards.
Because they are being paid by the "Rares" dealers who want to cash in all the time... if they made it so everyone could get what they wanted then they couldn't make people pay stupid high prices for everything and make things stupid rare so that the "rares" dealers can stick it to you... and make a big profit... So the more the rares dealer can make the more kick back the DEVs get... at least that's how it feels because why else make something this ridiculous if that's not the case... ??? But ask them and they will say Oh no we don't do that... we aren't getting anything from this...

But Yeah I quit believing that BS a long time ago... as it is painfully obvious that something shady is going on... otherwise, they would have put an end to the stupid EM Cash Cow a long time ago... and made that **** shard bound like it should have been ages ago...

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All deco, they don't want Siege to have OP items. :lol:
Well I am playing on Oceania right now, when I am playing that is :(. I think I have logged in for about 30 mins in the past month as I am totally bored with the whole game, nothing new all YEAR, and anything they have intro'd is just deco and after 5 mins and one of not worth bothering with. I need stuff to make me wanna play, items that will benefit my characters be it new pets, new armors, new craftables that require hard to get ingredients etc stuff that people will buy. A bunch of items that have no use and to be honest that lot above are not even attractive lockdowns isnt gonna make me log in. I will most likely get 1 or 2 and call it quits.

There just better be something better than this in the next 4 months or I think after xmas I will seriously be looking at whether to continue or not. I don't mind paying for content but there actually HAS TO BE content, not a few trinkets that we have to grind for with zero value or use.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the shard bound items kind of makes me laugh, many are not going to bother doing and if anything, may stop playing, at least for awhile. i really dont care about these shard bound items but i will say the more the dev make stuff shard bound, the more people will stop playing, just my opinion

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
locked the orange runebook down on the steps to my Origin house in Luna. Has Runes to all the locations and there is a public jawbone to get to Ilshenar spots for the sage across the Street.

View attachment 111985
Many Thanks! Been using the runebook on steps. I am using a stealth necro-mage I shielded over. I am stuck at the winery portion - checked every barrel and clicked all the monks - no "eveidence" to be found...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I so agree.
I would say it is but really it's more the re-spawn rate of anywhere other than Tokuno that sucks... In Tokuno stuff respawns nearly instantly .... Anywhere else the re-spawn rate of mobs can be up to 5 min or more... Which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do things like these events with more than 2 or 3 participants... because everyone is left standing about picking their nose for 5 min waiting for something... anything to spawn and then 10 people jump it before anyone can blink...

But I've tried explaining that crap to the DEVs and that's like talking to a brick wall... the problem would be if they fixed the respawn rate of these things anyone going there at an "off" time from an event can get quickly overwhelmed with the spawn... but fixing it so the spawn respawns in say 1 to 2 min would do wonders...

Just saying.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone got a walkthrough of this yet? What is needed in the trog cave.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am finally logging in to do the quest....kids are with their Dad this weekend YAY! LOL and yes I am doing a walkthrough..it's been awhile since I've done one, I"m rather excited!!

Anyway....I've never killed or had the desire to kill..an unbound vortex.....any suggestions?? *is scared*

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am finally logging in to do the quest....kids are with their Dad this weekend YAY! LOL and yes I am doing a walkthrough..it's been awhile since I've done one, I"m rather excited!!

Anyway....I've never killed or had the desire to kill..an unbound vortex.....any suggestions?? *is scared*
Use a tamer, use disco, bring friends.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

If you use a tamer they wont hurt you. But will take forever. Walk thru please!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you use a tamer they wont hurt you. But will take forever. Walk thru please!
Working on it!

I do have a tamer.....no disco :( Cu okay to use or any other pet better? I'm still so old school lol *sighs*

Wish me luck!

Already have....2 items...working on the broken sword....slaying dragons! *whistles*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wish me luck!
Good Luck! The things down there take less damage from pets. A melee toon should be able to take them down.
Also, you just need to do enough damage to get credit, you don't have to do all the killing.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Success! 4 items down, 4 to go....whew those vortexs do NOT die fast with a pet lol, next time I'll try my samp :)