• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Testing Combat Changes on TC1

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not what is causing balance issues.
It's a balance issue, it's just not as important as the other ones being discussed. Why? because it effects a smaller group of players.

I have been trying to think of any other on use item in the game that has as little drawback as a trapped box. Anyone know any?
because there is none.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about we don't turn this game into endless omen para spam till your target runs out of charges on their trapped box? Sorry but that does not sound fun at all.
Yea, we wouldn't want that.

Trap box should do more than 7 damage though, even if they remain at unlimited uses & no cooldown (20) direct damage (unaffected by resistances and cannot be increased via omen or similar affects).

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about we don't turn this game into endless omen para spam till your target runs out of charges on their trapped box? Sorry but that does not sound fun at all.
That's exactly what will happen. **** don't even need omen, just para shotting constantly until the trap box runs out.

It's kind of interesting that the same people who want pots nerfed want trap boxes nerfed. If you are lazy too supply up before going into a fight, you have to deal with the consequences. It doesn't mean you have to punish those who do supply up. I was once that PVPer that played without boxes / pots, and during that time I would have yelled for these changes as well. This is how the game is played, though.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly what will happen. **** don't even need omen, just para shotting constantly until the trap box runs out.

It's kind of interesting that the same people who want pots nerfed want trap boxes nerfed. If you are lazy too supply up before going into a fight, you have to deal with the consequences. It doesn't mean you have to punish those who do supply up. I was once that PVPer that played without boxes / pots, and during that time I would have yelled for these changes as well. This is how the game is played, though.
Para-shot has an immunity timer though. Even if you kept hitting them with it, they'll resist for a few seconds. Paralyze spell has no such restriction.

Teh Trader Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

don't you think paralyzing shot would be used more than running shot if it could be used over and over again?

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A paralyze every 6-8 seconds is still enough to get someone to use all their charges on a box if said charges exist. The point was, you don't need a person casting omen.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A paralyze every 6-8 seconds is still enough to get someone to use all their charges on a box if said charges exist. The point was, you don't need a person casting omen.
Edit : What if* The box has unlimited charges?

Nah man, that's the point you're making. it's not the big picture though.

Do you know what contributes to why there are so few Necromancers around?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit : What if* The box has unlimited charges?

Nah man, that's the point you're making. it's not the big picture though.

Do you know what contributes to why there are so few Necromancers around?
Between apples and remove curse their template is worthless. That is my best guess. Oh, and they have ****ty defense.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Between apples and remove curse their template is worthless. That is my best guess. Oh, and they have ****ty defense.
Apples #1 reason. (consumable item)
Trap box #2 reason. (more of a consumable, than anything else)
Focus spec #3 reason. (lower SDI for more skill points)

Focus spec isn't necessarily a bad thing, the idea of keeping a pure-mage useful is there... but then again, the amount of skill points needed to be focus spec is always less than it is to not be focus spec.

therefor, focus spec can be removed, OR the gap in SDI between focus spec and non-focus spec should be narrowed.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apples #1 reason. (consumable item)
Trap box #2 reason. (more of a consumable, than anything else)
Focus spec #3 reason. (lower SDI for more skill points)

Focus spec isn't necessarily a bad thing, the idea of keeping a pure-mage useful is there... but then again, the amount of skill points needed to be focus spec is always less than it is to not be focus spec.

therefor, focus spec can be removed, OR the gap in SDI between focus spec and non-focus spec should be narrowed.
Strangle is worthless with it being a 40+ second spell and stam regen/stam pots. It used to be very powerful.
wither has its moments but pretty worthless one v one
omen is awesome.
blood oath is awesome one v one.
corpse skin is worthless currently. Unless they make it so you can corpse down to 55 at any skill (necro should determine cast/fail and spirit speak should determine how long it lasts)- That will be pretty useless
Pain spike is pretty nice.
But none of it translates to being worthwhile one v one with what else is out there.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, people in PVM using throwers do pot up.

Yes, people in PVM do use moving shot. They might not rely on it like some in PVP do, but they still use it and their opinions of it are as valid as any PVPer.

The PVPers need to get off their high horse whenever something that affects both PVM and PVP comes into play they act like the run the show, when in fact they do not. The constant condescension from PVP folks that comes out of EVERY single thread discussing game changes is overbearing and tries to squeeze out anyone else from posting their opinion. People are free to disagree all they like, but they can do so in a manner that is tactful and thought out - not bullying, condescension and name calling.

EDIT:
I did some thread clean up. Please keep in clean folks.
Some PvMers use herding too..what's the point?

People that use pots and moving shot in pvm probably should do a bit more research. Pots don't last long enough to be viable to sustain in pvm vs the weight it costs. And moving shot? Really? For what? Minimal damage that barely get leeched back while they chase MOBs? Stop spreading rumors..lol!

-anyways novas are fine the way they are, adapt and learn. I'd be ok that during the delay to animation there's a sound effect so you know it's been used. 100alchemy and 50ep for 5-7 damage...why is this a complaint? That's like saying it's unfair Eval increases Spell damage with SDI too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-anyways novas are fine the way they are, adapt and learn. I'd be ok that during the delay to animation there's a sound effect so you know it's been used. 100alchemy and 50ep for 5-7 damage...why is this a complaint? That's like saying it's unfair Eval increases Spell damage with SDI too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5-7 damage? What? Re-posting for the millionth time. All but the last was against a cursed target:

0 EP, 100 Alchemy, supernova: 22 damage.
50 EP, 100 Alchemy, supernova: 27 damage.
50 EP, 0 alchemy, supernova: 13 damage
0 EP, 0 alchemy, supernova: 6 damage - with curse, it does 9 damage.

The BASE damage is that low, I'll admit. But if you're saying the maximum increase is only 5-7 points higher, well, idk what to tell you.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Disarm was one of the most annoying, fun destroying parts of pvp. There was nothing worse than getting into a circle jerk of disarms with a dexxer. It wasn't just that it was frustrating and annoying, it meant that a battle with a dexxer could go on forever with no way for the dexxer to get the kill shot, ever. The weapons masteries fixed that. If you take away the saving throw vs. disarm you basically make the weapons masteries pointless, because the weapons mastery specials are pretty much worthless. Anything those special moves do, you can do faster and cheaper, in terms of mana cost, with a weapon special...

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok let me rephrase: wrestling isn't over powered... but a mage - with a predominantly warrior skill (parry) is over powered.

Two 4/6 holy fisters and a ranged char with an elemental ai wep can legitimately sync on a cursed target and kill the target in about 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Being able to parry 6 kids and run off mount without ninja and live for like 2 minutes is a little bit much. If you have six kids on you, it's your fault and you should be dead no matter what spec.

But UO isn't brave enough to go through with the's changes.The Devs really have no idea whats going on and why should they? They just arent paif enough.These fixes are just bandaids on top of old code. And the most exciting changes were just taken out.

Lasty, they are catering to the vocal minority that have spent billions on their suits - that were playing before the Time of Legends loot nerf and hoarded up all the crazy armor or got good deals on underpriced gear.

But whatever,
It's fine, UO, just really pathetic.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited: