• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] TC1 Update to Pub 97 – Check out some new creatures!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we know how final damage is calculated yet. Is the str applied on top of base damage?
I always assumed so, cause, if not... I don't see any point in it. Might have to test some stuff out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have you tried finding the Dragon Wolf in Tokuno @Petra Fyde ? My guess is they only spawn in one area... I think the patch notes said Tokuno or something... I can't recall... but I thought it specified...

Angel

Adventurer
Have you tried finding the Dragon Wolf in Tokuno @Petra Fyde ? My guess is they only spawn in one area... I think the patch notes said Tokuno or something... I can't recall... but I thought it specified...
Dragon Wolf – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests in all facets except Ter Mur

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dragon Wolf – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests in all facets except Ter Mur
Well it was a thought... Though my luck is usually to get 4 Ancient Wyrms and nothing else....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When it comes to 'check out new creatures' I'm still trying, with very little success, to check out the dragon wolf. I haven't even seen one yet! I've dug 12 level 6 maps, 1 Ilsh, 1 Fel 10 tram. What does it look like? How much taming does it require? What are the stats like?
*goes to dig No. 13*
There's a pic of it in post 20 of this thread. Looks like a hip upright walking lion.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a tamed dragon wolf on TC, its the one in the picture earlier. I got mine doing a trammel lvl 6 map, I also did a few in each other facet cept for ter mur. Seems onlt the trammel or felucca maps have a chance of spawning one from what ive tested.

kyd

Visitor
Petra Fyde we do focus at the Mage shop in Moonglow
catch Conah the Bold when he is on test he does focus there all the time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tamed dragon wolf on TC, its the one in the picture earlier. I got mine doing a trammel lvl 6 map, I also did a few in each other facet cept for ter mur. Seems onlt the trammel or felucca maps have a chance of spawning one from what ive tested.
Thanks, I guess I'll keep trying, maybe it's because the maps I'm digging were copied from Europa. Now dug 15, last 3 were Malas

@kyd How high a focus do you get from that? I placed an arcane circle in the house I put up for the last publish, with 2 chars and level 3 spellweave mastery I can get a 5.
The house is public and also has public access crystal portal, corrupted crystal portal and moonstone crystal. To reach it use Magincia moongate and follow the coast towards the dock, it's the first house you come to.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see much of a point to allowing Frost Dragons to be tameable, when that's basically what White Wyrms are, especially now that they can be boosted with the new Pet Training. Leveled White Wyrms fill exactly the same niche as a Frost Dragon does. Even the lore behind White Wyrms backs it up.
"Some dragons do not hold to the strict canons of their society. Though a drake criminal is rare, punishment must exist for such malcontents. Wyrms are forbidden from killing one another, and thus no death sentence exists, even for the most evil of their kind. It was once believed by the Elder Wyrms that the frozen wastes would either kill or forever weaken those draconians banished there. The contrary was, of course, the result. Known among their kind as Anflaustrailious, or the dispossessed that lack warmth, the dragons that now reside in the regions of cold are those, or descended from those, who were banished for crimes among their kind. The Draconians of the Frost are a cruel and savage branch of their race. They blame all creatures for their torment and seek out revenge on any in their path. Such is the terror inspired by these foul drakes that the Elder Wyrms have forever stricken banishment to the ice regions from their doctrine. What becomes of draconian criminals now is known only to dragon kind, and they are loath to share their secrets."

@kyd How high a focus do you get from that? I placed an arcane circle in the house I put up for the last publish, with 2 chars and level 3 spellweave mastery I can get a 5.
Prior to the devs adding a Lvl 6 Arcane Circle to the Brit Bank, the only Arcane Circle that allowed for a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus, was the one inside the Prism of Light, which you had to pay 10k Gold to get into, and run through it.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix

If there were a skill gate (to cap out a pets skills) on TC1 it would make it much easier for us to test things like the following:

Does the pet Discord ability work on Peerless bosses and Blackthorn captains?
I would assume (this could be wrong as I'm not going to spend several hours training up discord on a pet just to test it), since a pet can discord a player, it should also be able to discord other things that normally can't be discorded like Exodus, Virtuebane, etc.

Pets shouldn't be able to discord other players... but I don't care if pets can discord mobs, even ones that are immune to a players discord, at least it would be a weakness to it that only tamers could take advantage of. Which (IMO) is one area UO pvm has really failed is that very few mobs (if any) are weaker vs one thing and stronger vs another and nowadays you could just play one template and solo everything with a very small difference in difficulty with very very few exceptions.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix

If there were a skill gate (to cap out a pets skills) on TC1 it would make it much easier for us to test things like the following:

I would assume (this could be wrong as I'm not going to spend several hours training up discord on a pet just to test it), since a pet can discord a player, it should also be able to discord other things that normally can't be discorded like Exodus, Virtuebane, etc.

Pets shouldn't be able to discord other players... but I don't care if pets can discord mobs, even ones that are immune to a players discord, at least it would be a weakness to it that only tamers could take advantage of. Which (IMO) is one area UO pvm has really failed is that very few mobs (if any) are weaker vs one thing and stronger vs another and nowadays you could just play one template and solo everything with a very small difference in difficulty with very very few exceptions.
Pets can discord players? Wow. That is bad

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak
Is the Strength Damage Calculation for pets the same as it is for players? So a WW with 720 STR would have 221% Damage Increase from Strength, while a WW with 760 STR would have 233% Damage Increase from Strength?
  • Strength Damage Bonus (Percentage)
    • For Strength < 100
      • Strength * 0.3
    • For Strength >= 100
      • (Strength * 0.3) + 5
100 Strength is 30% bonus. 125 Strength is 42.5% bonus 150 Strength is 50% bonus.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prior to the devs adding a Lvl 6 Arcane Circle to the Brit Bank, the only Arcane Circle that allowed for a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus, was the one inside the Prism of Light, which you had to pay 10k Gold to get into, and run through it.
Yes, that I'm aware of, but when I tried the pentagram in the magic shop I could only get a 4, which is why I am offering my arcane circle and giving its location for anyone interested for that little bit extra, a level 5 focus.