• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] TC1 Update to Pub 97 – Check out some new creatures!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Today we have updated TC1 with the latest version of Publish 97 which includes the following changes. This release includes a mandatory client patch, so make sure you patch before trying to log in. We are incredibly grateful to those who have taken the time to head over to TC1 to test and give feedback on Publish 97. At this stage we have incorporated all major feedback related to pet training progress and pet customization. We have also introduced some of the new creatures that can be found in Britannia – with still more to come! We encourage everyone […]

Continue reading...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, I feel like a kid in a candy store. I hope some of those new pets have pure elemental damage.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious @Kyronix does enemy of one also have the drawback of other beasts doing double damage to them?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
BIG PATCH.....waiting....waiting.....impatiently waiting! lol thanks for the update!!!!!!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems all "magical abilities" reduced from 100 to one points to add. Additional points still same.

Poisoning was 100+100, after update 100+1
Piercing was 100, after update 1

Need to get fresh pet with possible magery to test its new cost.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Took me less than twenty seconds to down load... :p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm assuming the horse spawns in the lost lands?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For giant beetle I have in list "nerve strike" and "frenzied whirlwind" special moves. They do require bushido or ninjitsu, which both possible only for creatures from Tokuno.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
New horse is PRETTY! I'll have to get one... it reminds me of my Mother... her favorite horse was the Palomino... Mine was always the Paint... black and white of course.

Which also reminds me of when I was a child and loved watching Roy Rogers...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok so I have a question...

New tameable creatures can now be found inhabiting Britannia,
  • Dragon Wolf – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests in all facets except Ter Mur
  • Frost Drake – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests
  • Frost Dragon – found guarding Level 7 treasure chests in Trammel or Felucca
Now... My question is.... NONE of these have EVER been tamable before... So does that mean that All Mobs that spawn from T-Maps are tamable now???? Because Greater Dragons and Dragons also spawn from T-Maps, or is it just these three are tamable??? Either way.... I know what I'm going to be doing soon....

And my other question is... if you are adding these to tameables could you PLEASE pretty please let us tame things at Champ Spawns... ie taming Hiryu, Dragons, Greater Dragons, Those pretty new Pheonix's from Eodon, and Dread Spiders etc...????? And Tame creatures at the Peerless Encounters in the Abyss so I can tame a Fairy Dragon please?!?!?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to say...the blood fox is a mean little bugger...gonna need some help with him I've died 14 times already and I've given up lol. He's right at the entrance to lvl 2 Sorc dungeon if anyone wants to have a go..I don't have peace or honor or anything like that so can't solo him ;) But I WILL get one on Origin lol.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The horse, I thought maybe finally we get a different swampy option for dragon armor. Went to TC and tried it.

Nope :/

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything special about the horse, and are any others mountable?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so I was killing regular tigers with a bonded Saber-Tooth Tiger and it died and poofed, just an FYI

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well here's something I can't take a picture of...when I mount my lion he turns into a horse :/

But he's cute when he's a lion!
Lion.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Treasure hunter love!

@Kyronix Please add a bunch of these new pets to the Huntsmaster challenge!! TRICERATOP TROPHY PLEASE

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix Any chance of KOTL Automatons being able to go through pet training, pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Increased Mana cost for the following,
  • Breath of Poison: 50
  • Explosive Goo: 30
  • Kepetch
  • Tailswipe: 30
  • Life Leech: 5
  • Searing Hits: 25
  • Sticky Skin: 5
  • Healing: 15"
So, i see Life Leech and Healing on that list. Does this mean that every time a Saurosaurus deals damage, he's going to consume 5 Mana to Leech Life? That can devour his Mana rapidly with Whirlwind then. Or that every time a Cu Sidhe bandages himself, it's going to consume 15 Mana?

"Shadow Wyrm is no longer subjugated."
I assume that means that Shadow Wyrms no longer have their Health halved after tame. That's going to make it impossible to find a 4 slot Shadow Wyrm to tame and train.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wondered from the first announcement on this ... why no tamable/ridable/trainable elephant? We have lions, wolves, bears, etc in one or more of those groups. Why no elephant?
Always thought we should have camels... can you picture a camel packy??? Should carry more than a normal packy...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The horns on the triceratops look really, really bad. Way too cow-like compared to virtually every image in the internet...

The lion, sabretooth tiger and ram should all be mountable, If we can ride the malnourished-looking tigers, they're more than big enough.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always wanted Bisons too and let me reiterate, I am still hoping to eventually tame wyverns, giant serpents, black widow spiders, and sentinel spiders.
I want to tame Fairy Dragons, the Phoenix from Eodon... Cranes from Tokuno... And I agree the Sentinel Spiders, Black Widows... Giant snakes... We need a griffin...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The horns on the triceratops look really, really bad. Way too cow-like compared to virtually every image in the internet...
None of our dinos have feathers either. (Not all should, but tyrannosaurus and raptor both should).

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The lion, sabretooth tiger and ram should all be mountable, If we can ride the malnourished-looking tigers, they're more than big enough.
The lion is ridable - but thats a bug. Kyronix said that they would not be ridable, - but are perfect subjects for new ethys later.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont seem to be able to use discordance on my character any time the animal lore gump is up now. Bug? @Kyronix

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of our dinos have feathers either. (Not all should, but tyrannosaurus and raptor both should).
Scientists are still not quite sure t-rex had feathers. They have found the the holes for hair folicals but not on all and in very sporadic areas. As for the raptors absolutely should be getting feathers.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Recently (maybe after the latest patch) whenever I try to assign points from the Animal Training Manu, I get an error message: "Since you have been in combat recently you may not use this feature." I have not been in combat. I also tried relogging and waiting.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Recently (maybe after the latest patch) whenever I try to assign points from the Animal Training Manu, I get an error message: "Since you have been in combat recently you may not use this feature." I have not been in combat. I also tried relogging and waiting.
Make sure your not in war mode. For some reason that seems to flag that warning.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone else keep getting pets with 25 tactics? It's happened to me on a unicorn, two dragons, a rune beetle, and a dimetrosaur .... this is annoying because I can't find anything to train them up on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure your not in war mode. For some reason that seems to flag that warning.
Nope, not in war mode. And I never get the gump warning me that training is final. I tried it with a different tamer on a different account and it works fine there. Weird.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heal the pet to full life.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can I make a suggestion to you guys for 1 pet? I'm actually really impressed with the diversity of wild life you guys have added.

Can we please get silver steeds back into this game? This really feels like the right publish for it.

The horse, I thought maybe finally we get a different swampy option for dragon armor. Went to TC and tried it.

Nope :/
Just wait...
Maybe it's because i've had a few but are you saying like different ingots for swampy armor?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone else keep getting pets with 25 tactics? It's happened to me on a unicorn, two dragons, a rune beetle, and a dimetrosaur .... this is annoying because I can't find anything to train them up on

Training tactics on a pet is just like training it on a character.... try killing deathwatch beetles and the hatchlings... then move up to orcs and lizardmen... it will raise.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For low skills and weak pets, try Ortanords in Ter Mur. You won't get pet training points, except when your pets take damage, but they are usually good for those low skills.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For low skills and weak pets, try Ortanords in Ter Mur. You won't get pet training points, except when your pets take damage, but they are usually good for those low skills.
Thank you. The problem I've had is that the pets I use all either use magery or whatever so they kill everything too fast to gain on it, and the tactics isn't high enough to even fight a disco'd shadow iron eley.