• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Update

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually It's the same issue, the UO.com post says "warning: scripting and multiboxing yada yada". ie: if you are doing something with a script you risk a ban with no warning and no GM showing up. They developed new detection methods according to Mesanna. I just wanted to say it's not only multiboxing, it's any use of a script, regardless of how many toons you have one.

Mesanna addressed it pretty clearly in that warning too, listed them both side by side.
The problem with that post is the fact Mesanna has a tendency to conflate separate issues. Since multiboxing requires scripts to be effective, a scripting prohibition technically makes sense. However, this doesnt track with her repeated allowance for attended macroing/scripting (unattended is a no-no). She's also said weirdly favorable things about one of the scripting programs on a few occasions...

Thus, an explicit, unambiguous clarification of The New Rules™ is required. They'll have to post them somewhere anyway if they want to realistically enforce them, which could simply mean an updated ToS/RoC. Plus a list of approved third party programs.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What repetitive questioning? This is the first I've heard of this and want to be clear on what we can and cannot do. Thank you for your replies.

There is a difference between multiboxxing and multiCLIENTING! - I had no idea there was a difference. So boxxing is scripting then? Okay now I at least know the difference. Thanks.

If you're controlling your characters one at a time: YOU. ARE. FINE. - I hope you're correct.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Arrgh That is my understanding as well if you are using more than one client but controlling each one at a time you are fine... however, if you are controlling them all as ONE you will be banned.

I'm more concerned about the "scripting" and what-not... I'm not terribly worried about programs since the only ones I've ever used are UOAssist and UO Cartographer... which I believe are fine... but I haven't used UOAssist in years since I switched to the EC.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem with that post is the fact Mesanna has a tendency to conflate separate issues. Since multiboxing requires scripts to be effective, a scripting prohibition technically makes sense. However, this doesnt track with her repeated allowance for attended macroing/scripting (unattended is a no-no). She's also said weirdly favorable things about one of the scripting programs on a few occasions...

Thus, an explicit, unambiguous clarification of The New Rules™ is required. They'll have to post them somewhere anyway if they want to realistically enforce them, which could simply mean an updated ToS/RoC. Plus a list of approved third party programs.
Not trying to Ass around. But You are technically wrong .

Multiboxing do Not require Scripts, Scripting with E***UO and UOS do require Scripts.

Multiboxing Originally require a Programm that dublicate your Key strokes from 1 Client to X clients. ( Iam Aware that those Programm are Made with Programm Code...)

But i agree that Scripts can be very powerful.

Multiclienting is Controlling more clients seperately by hand.

Confusion in the Details is what i fear Most from the devs.

But WHO am i to judge.

Imho EJ will be a Nightmare. They will Go on a banning Spree and Go way over the top AS usual...

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
After reading all of the restrictions why would anyone want to log into this mess?
No bank and character restrictions?

I'll pass, thanks. My wallet thanks you.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If she has the ability to catch scripters in action why wait till now, if I bothered to play I would still push play with no worries.

One day I will turn off these accounts and finally stop coming here.....it's like that squeeze you love to touch but won't show your friends.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Arrgh That is my understanding as well if you are using more than one client but controlling each one at a time you are fine... however, if you are controlling them all as ONE you will be banned.

I'm more concerned about the "scripting" and what-not... I'm not terribly worried about programs since the only ones I've ever used are UOAssist and UO Cartographer... which I believe are fine... but I haven't used UOAssist in years since I switched to the EC.
Thank you @MalagAste

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's dev post sure seems to imply that EJ goes live on Thursday...
Where? On their new forum? Well, the only thing it clearly states is, when it will not go live. Call me nit-picky on that :p
I can believe a lot, but that they would really go live without the vault? One of the things they announced from day 1? Nahh... nobody can be actually that stuipd, to release a game with zero secure storage. Here I give them the benefit of doubt. So it's either one of two things:
The vault is just gated behind a server switch, which they deliberately didn't flip yet, for whatever reason.
EJ isn't going to go live this week. (There could probably be a 99.1, wouldn't be that uncommon in software industry. The less features you roll out, the easier it is to investigate and pinpoint issues and bugs).

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In my opinion, the WHOLE EJ/pet nerf/NO pet nerf/dealing with exploited pets/ NO dealing with exploited pets situation is rapidly turning into what is known in "military lingo" as a Charlie Foxtrot.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Where? On their new forum? Well, the only thing it clearly states is, when it will not go live. Call me nit-picky on that :p
I can believe a lot, but that they would really go live without the vault? One of the things they announced from day 1? Nahh... nobody can be actually that stuipd, to release a game with zero secure storage. Here I give them the benefit of doubt. So it's either one of two things:
The vault is just gated behind a server switch, which they deliberately didn't flip yet, for whatever reason.
EJ isn't going to go live this week. (There could probably be a 99.1, wouldn't be that uncommon in software industry. The less features you roll out, the easier it is to investigate and pinpoint issues and bugs).
and then they said, "Hold my beer, watch this..."

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This again? My God, how many times must we go over the same semantics? Surely we all understand the difference by now !?
There you go assuming that everybody knows the difference and Keith was just trying to help them out.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There you go assuming that everybody knows the difference and Keith was just trying to help them out.
I understand that, I'm just saying by now - by now! - everybody should know the difference - it's ... not ... that .. hard :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not everyone is coming in on the conversations about this topic at the same time. It's perfectly possible for someone not to be aware of the definitions or the contentious history of this topic with regards to UO, and will be more likely as people peek in for EJ.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've been having variations on the multiclienting vs multiboxing...conversation...for the last five years or so, including during multiple farcical M&Gs where Mesanna played dumb.

It's been explained multiple times by multiple people in this very thread. Time to stop making excuses for wilfull ignorance.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I take it multibotting is fine with one computer but multibotting with multiple computers is not fine. :)

sarcasm is fun.

Angleswings

Adventurer
This is what I understand:

Multibox using a switch (Very old tec and no one use that)

Multibox using 3,4,5 computers at same time, controlled by Scripts and so on, Will no longer be Legal.

Now, MULTI Client, using One Computer only but been able to answer the GM's and Not doing the same movement or Casting the same spell is LEGAL.