• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Update

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Origin, Izumo & Baja will be brought down by 11:00am ET on April 3, 2018 for an update to Publish 99. Please see the publish notes for the latest updates. We anticipate Publish 99 will be going World Wide on April 5, 2018. This update will be done manually, and not during regularly scheduled maintenance. Regularly scheduled maintenance for all shards will be cancelled beginning on April 5th and will resume on April 6th. Shut messages will commence at 10:00am ET and shards will be brought down at 10:30am ET. We anticipate the downtime will last approximately 3 hours. […]

Continue reading...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Pets tamed before Publish 97 (Pre-Patch Pets) with pet slots lower than their true pet slots will no longer be able to be trained.
So I wonder what will happen to those already trained or in the process of being traimed...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Pets tamed before Publish 97 (Pre-Patch Pets) with pet slots lower than their true pet slots will no longer be able to be trained.
So I wonder what will happen to those already trained or in the process of being traimed...
Who knows because they have done absolutely no public testing on it or given any info that that would even be in the patch.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better nerf those White Wyrums. That was the problem.

:facepalm:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They will be sold for 100s of mils

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This smells of protecting the value of those pets already trained from the massive amount that would have been released by old accounts comming back via EJ.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This really would hurt returning players. The pets in their stables could help them compete with the economy.

Does this affect Nightmares? 2 and 3 slot varieties exist in the wild. @Kyronix @Bleak

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They dropped the gold from the deluxe starter package from the original 1 million to 100,000. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Have the developers done a Vendor search?

:tinhat: I feel a conspiracy theory about to hatch.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:eyes: No word about activating EJ...
They have to make sure the EJ players will have nothing of value in their stables before subjecting them to the economy because 1M gold is way too much for a new player.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have a 2 slot nightmare or 3 slot ww better get training. After this publish goes live you will not be able to train it.

**this may be innaccurate. Conflicting reports and no definitive answer from devs. It may only be effecting 3 slot dragons.**

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have a 2 slot nightmare or 3 slot ww better get training. After this publish goes live you will not be able to train it.
According to what @Bleak has said that is correct. However, I copied and tested one to test center within the last hour, and still had all 3 rounds of training on it. So something's not accurate. :(

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to what @Bleak has said that is correct. However, I copied and tested one to test center within the last hour, and still had all 3 rounds of training on it. So something's not accurate. :(
It appears that if you jave pressed the training button before the patch they are not effected. Even if the training is at 0.00. Basically this will screw anyone who hasn't started training.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It appears that if you jave pressed the training button before the patch they are not effected. Even if the training is at 0.00. Basically this will screw anyone who hasn't started training.
I didn't do anything to it until I got it to test though. I didn't even "begin training" until I got there. So I don't know.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the pets are so powerful now is really is a joke. u need to blame the cheaters/exploiters or the devs. so many people cheat/use exploits now. I don't blame them though, nothing was done as cheating and exploiting grew and grew. was anyone surprised this is happening? I have pre patch pets and if they are affected, it would be fine with me to make things fair. the only people I feel sorry for are the people that bought pets from these cheaters/exploiters. I already know things wont be fixed right/fair and the cheaters/exploiters will benefit. devs should always make less powerful stuff then u can make more powerful later instead of making too powerful and then nerfing. just my opinion.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys are upsetting me - this is my ancient nightmare, haven't hit the training button on any pet cause the whole mess just confuses me..... are you now saying that if I don't hit that button right now and I later on get a grip on this training stuff, this two slot nightmare will be pretty much fubar'd? he may not be the best, but he's mine and I don't want him hanging his head around the other black horses

upload_2018-4-2_23-31-35.png

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the pets are so powerful now is really is a joke. u need to blame the cheaters/exploiters or the devs. so many people cheat/use exploits now. I don't blame them though, nothing was done as cheating and exploiting grew and grew. was anyone surprised this is happening? I have pre patch pets and if they are affected, it would be fine with me to make things fair. the only people I feel sorry for are the people that bought pets from these cheaters/exploiters. I already know things wont be fixed right/fair and the cheaters/exploiters will benefit. devs should always make less powerful stuff then u can make more powerful later instead of making too powerful and then nerfing. just my opinion.

You realize they are not addressing the exploited pets with this patch, they removed that part of it. The only thing they are doing is nerfing legit old legacy dragons that haven't been trained yet. Cheaters get to keep their exploits. They also appear to be fixing the loophole that allowed the exploit to happen to begin with.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you guys are upsetting me - this is my ancient nightmare, haven't hit the training button on any pet cause the whole mess just confuses me.....
The dev's wording is confusing. They appear to have changed how the system treats some pets without documentation and with vague wording describing how things should work.

From tests on tc1, nightmares are fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, lets just put it how it is... No one that was abusing the system and making these uber pets is going to come out and work with the devs on fixing the exploited pets. That's just never going to happen... and afterward if there is a bug that allows them to exploit the pet training do you think they are going to pipe up and say something???? No.

But those of us who haven't been exploiting pets will suffer. As is always the case with UO and bug fixes.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay.. So the Vault system is MIA, EJers have NO access to bank boxes, nor can they use storage in a friended house.

Anyone else see a massive day one problem with this? Unless they finish the vault system or add in ~50 bank storage within the first week, EJ is pretty much DOA. Nobody can survive out of their pack for more than a day or so, and good luck to the melee characters who need consumables (many of which are sold as deeds).

This was a well thought out, definitely-ready-to-go-gold publish. :thumbdown:

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay.. So the Vault system is MIA, EJers have NO access to bank boxes, nor can they use storage in a friended house.

Anyone else see a massive day one problem with this? Unless they finish the vault system or add in ~50 bank storage within the first week, EJ is pretty much DOA. Nobody can survive out of their pack for more than a day or so, and good luck to the melee characters who need consumables (many of which are sold as deeds).

Very good point, id never even thought of the deed problem.

Best hope your shard offers a well stocked arrow, bolt , potion and bandie vendor..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phoru

Visitor
I've just returned to the game, I have some pets (dragon and 3 white wyrms) from around 2002 untouched. I didn't want to start working on them until I got to grips with the new game and understood the new pet system :frown2:.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait... *WHAT* ??? Seriously? So what if EJ returnees can have fun with their old pets or actually sell them to get things they might want. I'm at a loss to explain this logically, well, with any logic that doesn't lead down paths of dark speculation anyhow...

*edit : I should have waited until I read the taming forum. There is logic behind it. Still, this is worded EXTREMELY poorly. Why not say : "To protect pre-patch DRAGONS we will be temporarily disabling their ability to be trained until we work out bugs with the anti-exploit code for these creatures. Training will be enabled once these bugs have been worked out."

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I welcome the addition of their global chat. Nice feature.

Only that they didn't add this nice graphic they use in the CC to the EC UI makes me raise an eyebrow. Guess that's up to us :/

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems this slot freeze is directed at 3 slot dragons. Kinda silly since my beetles or hiryu are much better.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The more i read about that crap the bigger ist my Wish to Just Go and Not come Back.

Possible that i have some spare Houses and Accounts soon lol

after some ICQs.....
of course i dont sell those houses or accounts for RMT.... iam fine with hookers. :heart:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There's nothing in any patch notes, which would suggest, that EJ is active with the day, Pub 99 goes live. The only thing we know for sure is, that we'll get EJ this spring. (They said that, not me, so don't nail me to a cross, if it gets delayed :p).
I highly doubt, that EJ will be active this week, but in two days we'll know for sure.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Essentially an unplayable version of the game first foray into f2p. I bet there will be great first impressions abound if by some miracle a new player discovered that EJ was a thing in the first place...

I just... sometimes I just don't understand.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quote 1: of course i dont sell those houses or accounts for RMT.... iam fine with hookers. :heart:
Quote 2: I believe you can find some of those at the stables, NVM ...........
Remember, the first thing Garriott, Long, Koster and the rest saw, while watching the first players log in and start meeting each other, was the first conversation between characters of different sexes starting "Do you want to Cyber?". IIRC, someone actually won a bet on predicting that.....

That's before the one player set himself up as the uber-pimp of Britain.....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya like he said it’s the oldest profession lol

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's nothing in any patch notes, which would suggest, that EJ is active with the day, Pub 99 goes live. The only thing we know for sure is, that we'll get EJ this spring. (They said that, not me, so don't nail me to a cross, if it gets delayed :p).
I highly doubt, that EJ will be active this week, but in two days we'll know for sure.
Today's dev post sure seems to imply that EJ goes live on Thursday...

Please note this does not mean Endless Journey will be activate on Wednesday. Endless Journey will not be active until Publish 99 is deployed world wide.
:facepalm:

Essentially an unplayable version of the game first foray into f2p. I bet there will be great first impressions abound if by some miracle a new player discovered that EJ was a thing in the first place...

I just... sometimes I just don't understand.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall during their staff meetings, though I'm not sure a fly can roll its eyes as much as would probably be required. At least they can facepalm...

21491916886_fd1f323c1b_b.jpg

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also like to take this time to warn everyone that we will be actioning accounts that are caught scripting and/or multiboxing. We are not going to be giving out any warnings for this if you are caught. We are also going to be posting monthly the number of accounts that were actioned due to illegal program use, macroing, or harassment/disruptive behavior.

Thank you in advance for your patience with us while we get the Account Center and the shards updated tomorrow and Thursday.

#Mesanna #Bleak

Ex 1: I could care the hell less about scripting (in other words I don't do it and NEVER have) but on a SMALL population shard I can't call a guild mate, if there isn't a guild mate to call to rez me when I'm 30 minutes deep inside a dungeon, so I HAD been using my other account to rez whichever of my characters on other account got killed then recall that character back home.

Ex 2: I also used to run 2 accounts (2 legendary Spellweavers) at once to stand on the Spellweavers Focus in Britain Atl server so that people wouldn't have to beg others to please come and help them get a focus. I ran NO SCRIPTS or MACROS. I just let 2 legendary weavers stand there to help make it easier on others. If they get a 6 they get one if not they got something if they are within 20 points of 120. So now, you're telling me that if I want to help others like this again, I have a chance of being banned? OR are you meaning multi-boxing literally as scripting? If so, how can we know if it's okay to go rez a character with another account because I play to have FUN not walk for 30 lag filled minutes through a dungeon rubber-banding to a healer that may or may not be there? If there isn't a healer in sight, here comes possibly more of a waste of time. In reality very rarely there any healers around some dungeons.

I would like a definitive answer. I have played since beta. I only have 5-6 accounts. I never scripted, nor have I ever wanted to.

**I see this from the notes: Due to illegal program use, macroing, or harassment/disruptive behavior. --The question is, will it be okay to continue to go rez my dead characters at the bottom of dungeons anymore AND will it still be okay to park my 2 weavers again at Atl on the Focus area OR not? Please be clear. Thank you.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guys, there's no reason to belabor multiclienting with repetitive questions. Multiclienting is fine. You aren't going to get actioned for rezing a pet on your other account, nor standing multiple weavers on the circle. This has been confirmed multiple times.

It is the automated, third party script program...or *snickers* a KVM *snickers some more* switch...controlled multiplicity (multiple characters acting as one/a unit) that is illegal as of Thursday.

If you're controlling your characters one at a time: YOU. ARE. FINE.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's not just multiple characters acting as one, it's any character using a script.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Actually It's the same issue, the UO.com post says "warning: scripting and multiboxing yada yada". ie: if you are doing something with a script you risk a ban with no warning and no GM showing up. They developed new detection methods according to Mesanna. I just wanted to say it's not only multiboxing, it's any use of a script, regardless of how many toons you have one.

Mesanna addressed it pretty clearly in that warning too, listed them both side by side.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would also like to take this time to warn everyone that we will be actioning accounts that are caught scripting and/or multiboxing. We are not going to be giving out any warnings for this if you are caught. We are also going to be posting monthly the number of accounts that were actioned due to illegal program use, macroing, or harassment/disruptive behavior.

Thank you in advance for your patience with us while we get the Account Center and the shards updated tomorrow and Thursday.

#Mesanna #Bleak

Ex 1: I could care the hell less about scripting (in other words I don't do it and NEVER have) but on a SMALL population shard I can't call a guild mate, if there isn't a guild mate to call to rez me when I'm 30 minutes deep inside a dungeon, so I HAD been using my other account to rez whichever of my characters on other account got killed then recall that character back home.

Ex 2: I also used to run 2 accounts (2 legendary Spellweavers) at once to stand on the Spellweavers Focus in Britain Atl server so that people wouldn't have to beg others to please come and help them get a focus. I ran NO SCRIPTS or MACROS. I just let 2 legendary weavers stand there to help make it easier on others. If they get a 6 they get one if not they got something if they are within 20 points of 120. So now, you're telling me that if I want to help others like this again, I have a chance of being banned? OR are you meaning multi-boxing literally as scripting? If so, how can we know if it's okay to go rez a character with another account because I play to have FUN not walk for 30 lag filled minutes through a dungeon rubber-banding to a healer that may or may not be there? If there isn't a healer in sight, here comes possibly more of a waste of time. In reality very rarely there any healers around some dungeons.

I would like a definitive answer. I have played since beta. I only have 5-6 accounts. I never scripted, nor have I ever wanted to.

**I see this from the notes: Due to illegal program use, macroing, or harassment/disruptive behavior. --The question is, will it be okay to continue to go rez my dead characters at the bottom of dungeons anymore AND will it still be okay to park my 2 weavers again at Atl on the Focus area OR not? Please be clear. Thank you.
There is a difference between multiboxxing and multiCLIENTING!