• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 97 Comes to TC1

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, skeletal dragons do still cast poison strike, but it doesn't hurt players or player pets. It does, however, hurt Eodonians or Mymidex allies in the war chambers. I took them down there yesterday and accidentally discovered this.
Awesome. I probably didn't notice that they still cast it, because whenever i'm using Skeletal Dragons, i'm doing Travesty, and i'm constantly spamming Poison Strike with Conduit up on her anyways.

So, i just discovered something pretty messed up when loring everything on TC. Turkeys, Crows and Ravens have 90.0 Detect Hidden, and lose only 10% of it (9.0 points) when tamed...

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One would hope that eventually the DEVs can figure out why players don't have this issue but pets do... pets should have the same rules as players when it comes to AoE spells and such... silly that they don't follow the same rules.
Player pets aren't affected either. This was fixed for both players and player followers. The Eodonian/Britannian allies down in the battle caverns aren't pets, however, but they fight alongside you. They are mobs and so can be affected. Not a bug, just the way it is. The same would probably happen if a wandering healer were in range of the poison strike.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. I probably didn't notice that they still cast it, because whenever i'm using Skeletal Dragons, i'm doing Travesty, and i'm constantly spamming Poison Strike with Conduit up on her anyways.

So, i just discovered something pretty messed up when loring everything on TC. Turkeys, Crows and Ravens have 90.0 Detect Hidden, and lose only 10% of it (9.0 points) when tamed...
Bird eyes. I do notice getting revealed by birds more often than other creatures when I'm stealthing around.

Emily the Tamer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, all pets lose either 28% or 10% on their skills upon taming. Greater dragons, for example, lose 10% of their magery (and thus tame to their cap), and 28% of everything else. I also noticed unicorns lose 10% of all their skills, while cu sidhes lose 28% of their combat skills and 10% of their healing. Hiryus lose 10% of their wrestling. I don't recall ever seeing a pet lose anything besides 28% or 10% (except maybe dragon turtles, but they're a weird case), and as for which it is for an individual species/skill, well, it seems to just depend. This information may be chart worthy...

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Why do i feel as though we'll be seeing leveled up turkeys in VvV zones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't think the animal lore gump actually is a bug. There's a reason it does that(from what I heard) it might be fixed tho. However I wish you could keep up the animal lore gump and see progress live. So you can see how much % youre gaining or skills tbh.

its not really the watching the live gain process that bugs me , its the i might have the gump up , off in my own little world when something spawns beside me and takes a bite out of my ear lol....1st instinct is to hit that F1 key " peace" which no longer works ....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not really the watching the live gain process that bugs me , its the i might have the gump up , off in my own little world when something spawns beside me and takes a bite out of my ear lol....1st instinct is to hit that F1 key " peace" which no longer works ....
Yea I've done the same thing. I had the gump over in the corner behind my cart map so I didn't even know it was up. Long story short, It took about 10-15 minutes of trying to figure why the hell it kept saying. "You cannot do this"

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Bleak @Kyronix Is it worth it to even bother to return to TC? I got really tired of pets being stuck at 1% forever. And then hearing I needed to fight champs just to train them was ridiculous. It sounds like y'all have MONTHS of stuff to "work out" before this thing (with whatever massive changes y'all have to make) even has a chance to go live. I would love to come test some more, but not going to wait 10 hours to move from 1 to 2% ROFL.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a question about training; as the pet trains up does the animal control slots increase?

I mean if I'm rolling in despise, am I going to be attack by a handful of fully trained chickens that have 5 different specials?

I've never had my ass kicked by a handful of chickens, but if there's some rolling around with 500 hp and each can do a different special like bleed, dismount, stun, I'm pretty sure this is going to go south pretty quickly.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a question about training; as the pet trains up does the animal control slots increase?

I mean if I'm rolling in despise, am I going to be attack by a handful of fully trained chickens that have 5 different specials?

I've never had my ass kicked by a handful of chickens, but if there's some rolling around with 500 hp and each can do a different special like bleed, dismount, stun, I'm pretty sure this is going to go south pretty quickly.
Different pets have different limits on how far you can train them, I seriously doubt you'll see a pack of 500hp Chickens...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Kyronix Is it worth it to even bother to return to TC? I got really tired of pets being stuck at 1% forever. And then hearing I needed to fight champs just to train them was ridiculous. It sounds like y'all have MONTHS of stuff to "work out" before this thing (with whatever massive changes y'all have to make) even has a chance to go live. I would love to come test some more, but not going to wait 10 hours to move from 1 to 2% ROFL.
You don't need to fight champs, but you do need to fight harder creatures to gain at any appreciable rate. I have taken my white wyrm to the end of the first training period by joining with others to fight such things as Unbound energy vortex and the crazed mage. By all of those present healing which ever pet is getting hurt all pets attacking gain considerably, though the pet that is taking damage gains fastest.
I have gotten a Skree upto 13% playing solo - because of the pet casting hailstorm. I have fought bake kitsune in pairs, wind elementals, oni, hiryu, rune beetles and ladies of the snow to attain that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been able to apply any of the Magical Abilities, Special Abilities or Special Moves to a pet yet? All I see is 'additional training points required' and a red 0 or 500. I've not yet understood this part. I think, because I haven't (yet) taken the WW up to 5 slots, ie not used up all the training points, I don't see a new training bar, and can therefore only train up the skills to which I added power scrolls using normal, old style pet training?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You don't need to fight champs, but you do need to fight harder creatures to gain at any appreciable rate. I have taken my white wyrm to the end of the first training period by joining with others to fight such things as Unbound energy vortex and the crazed mage. By all of those present healing which ever pet is getting hurt all pets attacking gain considerably, though the pet that is taking damage gains fastest.
I have gotten a Skree upto 13% playing solo - because of the pet casting hailstorm. I have fought bake kitsune in pairs, wind elementals, oni, hiryu, rune beetles and ladies of the snow to attain that.
So you got a skree to 13%!!! How much time did that take? 4 hours? 10 hours? You do realize you have to get to 100% to do any modifications right? Sorry, but I am not going to train for weeks to get to 100% for something that is probably going to turn out COMPLETELY different. If and when it "goes live" MONTHS (because of all the changes to be made) from now.

I am sure I am in the minority, but hey, it IS my opinion.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Different pets have different limits on how far you can train them, I seriously doubt you'll see a pack of 500hp Chickens...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
Yeah that was an exaggeration to make a point, but the concern is still the same.

Are we going to be mauled by several different pets with different specials?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you got a skree to 13%!!! How much time did that take? 4 hours? 10 hours? You do realize you have to get to 100% to do any modifications right? Sorry, but I am not going to train for weeks to get to 100% for something that is probably going to turn out COMPLETELY different. If and when it "goes live" MONTHS (because of all the changes to be made) from now.

Yes, I realise that. I have already taken my white wrym that high, as I said, working with others is the key to getting there quickly. It IS possible to do it solo, but very slowly.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do i feel as though we'll be seeing leveled up turkeys in VvV zones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, roam around with a pack of Ravens, and you might just discover Siege to be more populated than Atlantic, and can finally see everyone. Lol, just joking.
So far, i've discovered that Tsuki Wolves and Serpentine Dragons also have 100.0 Detect Hidden...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't played in months but was considering returning. How does all this work? Can you release a current pet and retame it as a bypass of the initial quest? Do I have to hit 100% in order to change specials ect? Are the changes permanent? Thanks!

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, roam around with a pack of Ravens, and you might just discover Siege to be more populated than Atlantic, and can finally see everyone. Lol, just joking.
So far, i've discovered that Tsuki Wolves and Serpentine Dragons also have 100.0 Detect Hidden...
I have some concern that these imbued pets are going to really kill stealth templates. How valid are my concerns?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ all -

I moved to TC to try to get a grip on the changes but am a bit lost. Some questions:

- I tamed a rabbit to do the quest chain. It had a full blue bar (100%) from the beginning. I was able to change some skills/stats (eg. got poisoning on the rabbit - dont eat it :)) but it was rather cryptic for me since it seemed that 100% training means that u get a "pool of points" u can invest. However, I dont see (a) how much of the pool is used for a change and (b) how I can allocate my points the "best" to be able to give the pet a certain set I want to give.
- How do "old" pets get into this system? For example, I have my beloved self-tamed 4.3 GD with really nice resists and good stats. It is fully trained and has wrestling 119,9 and I really would like it to raise to 120. (Call me idiot, but I think it would be nice). What happens if I put this fully trained GD into the pet training system? Is he reduced to his after-taming-skilllevel? Or can I just add new stuff on this already very strong pet? It already has 5 control slots.
- Is pet training really only effective at 100%? I took my Nighty on a walk to the dojo to fight fan dancers etc. It would take a life-time to bring it to 100% this way! Why do u not make it a step-thing - the first change will be possible by reaching X points of training, second takes more, etc. etc. This way, it will be possible for ppl who can not be on often (as myself) to get at least some change to their pet, and still leaves the possibility for "power gamers" to get even the 5th or 6th improvement by playing 24/7...

Regards, Fizzle

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's relatively quick.

It all depends on level of your pet and the MOBs. I've trained like 4 pets from 0-100

Lesser Hiryu
Fire steed
Dread mare
Windrunner

The dread was easiest to train because he's able to easily tank. The Windrunner was the most difficult. I started out at Jhelom farms just to try. Got from 0-5%. But it took too long. So I went out searching for mobs with higher HP and didn't hit too hard. My suggestion for all lower slot weak pets, voyage to the swamps near trinsic. It will be a decent grind for the first upgrade. Maybe 4-5 hours. But after you up resists and hp it actually imo is way too easy with high end creatures.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- How do "old" pets get into this system? For example, I have my beloved self-tamed 4.3 GD with really nice resists and good stats. It is fully trained and has wrestling 119,9 and I really would like it to raise to 120. (Call me idiot, but I think it would be nice). What happens if I put this fully trained GD into the pet training system? Is he reduced to his after-taming-skilllevel? Or can I just add new stuff on this already very strong pet? It already has 5 control slots.
You get the old pets into the system the same way you get the new ones - lore them and hit the button to start training (there is a gate in New Heaven to train to 100). However, 5 slot pets are not trainable. So all GDs are stuck as they are.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You get the old pets into the system the same way you get the new ones - lore them and hit the button to start training (there is a gate in New Heaven to train to 100). However, 5 slot pets are not trainable. So all GDs are stuck as they are.
But MAKE SURE you hit the "pet training" button (it will then show 0.0 %) BEFORE you go into the gate. Otherwise you will break your pet. :( It happened to me. I ended up having to give my pet to @Bleak to fix. LOL

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay ...

thx to railshot/Keith of Sonoma for clearing some things up for me.

Spend some hours on TC to work my way into this thing; forget some of the bs I posted before.

After doing some exercise, I think some features should be reconsidered.

They said: A good GD should stay a top-pet to go with. At the moment, we indeed have the sad situation that in most cases tamers only take GD's to complete their tasks, other pets are only taken for pvp and very special situations. Therefore, this approach to make a variety of pets "sexy" again for tamers is a good one. And the variety of builds it allows is remarkable and really looks like tons of fun - thanks for that!

However, I took my tamer-copy and grabbed my lesser Hiryu that remained untrained after I tamed him long ago. I thought that I wanted to build him in a way that he was perfect against swoop (ok, I did not want to lose much time dealing with baddies so I was looking for a remote area with a decent mob to play with). I went through that gate in New Haven and got my first level of upgrades, what raised pet lvl from 2 to 3 follower slots. With this, I managed to give the pet the following: 700 hp (raised from 210 I think); 80's in the core resists of physical and energy (and since I had still points left also fire); and 150 stamina. This build can be left with swoop some time without having trouble (go and get a coffee, nothing serious will happen). It is not a "swoop-killer" yet since his base-damage is low, but I just wait for the next upgrade and will try to get a monster-upgrade on base-damage and maybe strength. In fact, I want to build up this pet to resemble a GD (5 slots) and compare them in the end. Even at this stage, the lesser Hiryu seems to be much more resistant to swoop, even when wrestling is much lower (106 vs 119 on GD). The only advantage my GD has is that it kills swoop more faster, but wait for the next upgrades!

What are the main features that decide on the "power" of a pet? It is (i) how resistant it is to damage and how long it can therefore stay to be healed, and (ii) how much damage it can deal. For the first point, the following features are essential: (i) hp-pool; (ii) resistances; (iii) wrestling and with minor importance parry and magic resist. For the second (i) base-damage (ii) strength (iii) wrestling combined with tacs and anat, (iv) magery combined with eval int and mana-regen. So what will tamers do?
They will all do the following: (i) tame a creature, (ii) go through the heaven gate, (iii) push hp to say 700-800, (iv) push the resistances they need for next training to max (eg. phys & fire), (v) push stam to make them hit fast, (vi) go to next training round, if completed, (vii) push base damage. I dont think there will be much variation to this scheme.

Therefore, the "variety of builds" is only of theoretical nature. For a pet to become effective only a few key features are important, and these few will be pushed. Furthermore, after this the variety of pets is not existing anymore. If a lesser hiryu can be pushed almost 4x in its hp-pool, the outcome has nothing to do with a lesser hiryu anymore except for the animation.

Maybe some issues should be reconsiderd. Doubling hp-pool is max upgrade for pet possible? Pushing resistances is much more costly? I think this points should be adressed, otherwise we land in a mess of identical builds that only look different because of their animations and some features like type of damage dealt or specials.

Regards, Fizzle

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will all do the following: (i) tame a creature, (ii) go through the heaven gate, (iii) push hp to say 700-800, (iv) push the resistances they need for next training to max (eg. phys & fire), (v) push stam to make them hit fast, (vi) go to next training round, if completed, (vii) push base damage. I dont think there will be much variation to this scheme.
Those haven gates are just for testing on Test Center. Tamers on production shards won't have that luxury. They'll have to take their pets fighting to get to the point they can imbue the new features.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those haven gates are just for testing on Test Center. Tamers on production shards won't have that luxury. They'll have to take their pets fighting to get to the point they can imbue the new features.
Yep, but do you think steps (iii) to (vii) will differ?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, but do you think steps (iii) to (vii) will differ?
It will differ for me, but admittedly I'm typically the exception to the rule as I already have characters running around Pacific at this time with packs of the various types of tameables. The thing I'm really interested to try is to create a character with 40 taming and 40 lore running around with two 2-control slot trained pets, and 1 additional. That one additional would be a mount or a pack horse, depending on what I'm doing but in the case of pack instinct creatures (Say dogs or timber wolves), I mean to have three of them and just go on foot. Then I get 640 points to play around with for the rest of my template.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I plan to upgrade my Runebeetle, my cu sidhe, my skree and my white wyrm, all others I (currently) plan to leave as is. These pets are quite distinctly different, and I believe will remain so. They will not be GD clones.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
otherwise we land in a mess of identical builds that only look different because of their animations and some features like type of damage dealt or specials.
You have to admit... at that point it is balanced :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone mess around with a Reptalon?

I'm still thinking that the Skree and Reptalon are still somewhat crippled. And I think the shadow wyrm should maybe be a 3 slot pet to start... since it has such bad HP and such to start out with. Skree and Reptalon as well.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Didn't read every post here to see if someone already posted I can give a frenzy ostard AI and whatever but you can't give it any mana to use it that needs to be fixed but I can give a chicken 750 mana and it can AI a bunch

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just a quick question, what happens if you have a couple pets training on a shadow elemental at max slots?

i.e you're at 5/5 and you start to train a bake and a beetle?

Do they not level? Or will they skew the pet cap somehow? Or is this not even a factor?

Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone mess around with a Reptalon?

I'm still thinking that the Skree and Reptalon are still somewhat crippled. And I think the shadow wyrm should maybe be a 3 slot pet to start... since it has such bad HP and such to start out with. Skree and Reptalon as well.
Read this and took my reptalon out to give it a try. Dropped to 3 slots as soon as I started training, didn't take it through the gate and I have to say it's the pet that's gone through the first training fastest of any I've tried, mostly because although only 3 slots it can survive against eternal gazers which give 'fairly' gains. Only thing I've found so far that does. Crazed mage took it to 51.4, unbound were hunting in pairs, so I didn't hang around there, one eternal took it to 93.3 and the other finished it off. It didn't actually kill anything. I've not found anything that can kill that crazed mage solo, it only died when I joined a group of 4 before the advance gate was put in.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick question, what happens if you have a couple pets training on a shadow elemental at max slots?

i.e you're at 5/5 and you start to train a bake and a beetle?

Do they not level? Or will they skew the pet cap somehow? Or is this not even a factor?

Thanks
Pets don't level while you're fighting, they level as you apply the upgrades. If you happen to be sitting on an ethy with a 4 slot pet working through applying points you'll get a message that you don't have enough slots and whatever you just tried to apply won't be added.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Pets don't level while you're fighting, they level as you apply the upgrades. If you happen to be sitting on an ethy with a 4 slot pet working through applying points you'll get a message that you don't have enough slots and whatever you just tried to apply won't be added.
Gotcha, thanks.

Haven't had time to play UO lately, appreciate the quick response.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reptalon can't go to max hp, or at least mine can't. This is how the caps work basically
Hit Point, Stamina & Mana training point cap: 3370 points
hit point cap 1100, hit point cost 3.0x Therefore cost to reach cap 3300 points
stamina cap 150, stamina cost 0.5x therefore cost to reach cap 75points
mana cap 1500, mana cost 0.5x therefore cost to reach cap 750
Total 4125

My reptalon already has 62 points used in stamina (124) and 137 points used in mana (274) which means there are only 3171 points available for HP, 3171/3 = 1057 hp. Of that he already has 1350 points (450hp) That's assuming I want to spend that many of his training points on that. I only have 1501 points to spend this time around, and another 1501 when I complete training at 4 slot and move up to 5 slot

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have some concern that these imbued pets are going to really kill stealth templates. How valid are my concerns?
As long as they also reveal the owner (no stealth tamers with revealing pets) I"m ok with it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publishes should have at least equal amount of bug fixes to content, all i read in the preview of the publish is new content, i can't find the bug fixes. Or are you just not bothering to fix bugs anymore?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let's say you're using a lower level tamer. What happens when a pet you're training advances beyond your level to control it? Does the pet go wild or just won't advance beyond your level? (I would prefer to see the tamer's skills gradually advance along with the pet's)

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Let's say you're using a lower level tamer. What happens when a pet you're training advances beyond your level to control it? Does the pet go wild or just won't advance beyond your level? (I would prefer to see the tamer's skills gradually advance along with the pet's)
It *seems* right now on the test centre you get a message "You lack the skill to train this creature" if you are too low to control the result of it, I say "seems" because I appear to have broken it now by taming unicorns, then dropping taming to 96 to see if the button had gone(which it had), then raising it again to see if it came back, which it now wont :D

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It *seems* right now on the test centre you get a message "You lack the skill to train this creature" if you are too low to control the result of it, I say "seems" because I appear to have broken it now by taming unicorns, then dropping taming to 96 to see if the button had gone(which it had), then raising it again to see if it came back, which it now wont :D
Thanks

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay this time i have a completely 100% on topic complaint about this patch.

This is a pet revamp,
There is a pet exploit:

1. You're able to just log out when your pet is low health to prevent it from dieing (exploit of the auto stabling designed to help prevent pets being lost) you can even do this when your char is dead.
2. You're able to recall your pets by logging out and in again in areas where you're not supposed to summon pets where pet balls do not work, again an exploit.

Please address in this pet revamp
@Kyronix @Bleak

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran

This is a pet revamp,
There is a pet exploit:

1. You're able to just log out when your pet is low health to prevent it from dieing (exploit of the auto stabling designed to help prevent pets being lost) you can even do this when your char is dead.
2. You're able to recall your pets by logging out and in again in areas where you're not supposed to summon pets where pet balls do not work, again an exploit.

@Kyronix @Bleak
I thought that was working as intended

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is a pet revamp,
There is a pet exploit:

@Kyronix @Bleak
Working as intended. Sorry.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's nice to return after a lengthy time away to find an entirely new system in testing. Plus most of my too, too many characters on too, too many accounts are tamers.

UO's primary retention tool has been memory. We keep paying the monthly vig to keep our memory vaults - the nifty bits we've collected over the years that remind us of our favorite times playing the game. Yet playing the game, as is, fails to create - for me at least - memories that feel fresh. After reading nine pages of posts regarding this new system, however, I feel an eagerness to return, yet again, that's different.

Best bits were reading Petra's posts regarding pet training working better (or at all, given the sheer volume of posts reporting no gains whatsoever) in groups. Yes, this triggers a UO memory so old you can't call it old - it's ancient - of the days when skill gaining and character building was a social activity. And I feel that using the pets could become more social as well. Selecting skills that could be different for the same creature than others selected by a different tamer implies synergies when those tamers tackle something together. And I don't mean that in the buzz word bingo sense of the word, synergy, which was once a perfectly useful word.

But that's just speculation. Thus far I have one serious complaint. On the list of tameable creatures I found one named a Saurosurus. Now, if Dinosaur means terrible lizard, doesn't Saurosurus mean....lizard lizard? That would be silly.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working as intended. Sorry.
lol listen to the trammie, pathetic, absolutely pathetic, please delete your account.

How about we make it so that when you log out your char aswell as your pet is safe, so you don't die when you're low hp? total troll this is

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol listen to the trammie, pathetic, absolutely pathetic, please delete your account.

How about we make it so that when you log out your char aswell as your pet is safe, so you don't die when you're low hp? total troll this is
You mad bro? :)