• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna already said at the Meet and Greet that this isn't going to happen.
Yea I remember this. I can't say it bothers me as I don't do BODS. I do however find it strange they ask for feedback on stuff they add, the players give feedback (the BOD book issues for example) and they just seem to ignore it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
noted, if it turns out that my fear (whole bod stuff is more ****ty as before) then i will sell them if we agree on something
I have tarantulas! Lol. Unfortunately if you have done bods in the past you are going to enjoy this. Despite the nay sayers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yar but neither of you two clowns want to add much save for the "BILLIONS". This BoD thing won't affect my game play at all, if I wanted the rewards I'd buy them or farm if I felt so. My concern, as I've said fairly often, is this isn't far enough and I don't think it's a good system for a new player to experience. Here new guy, you don't have the gold to just purchase ingredients for these BoD's so please just spend hours upon hours farming and then once you have done so farm a little more but expect a 2% return, nah I'll go play WOW or the like.

I understand you have piles of these things stored away, we all do or did. Most older players also have a few stacks of ingots, wood, gems and other resources so there is little downside save for either pushing play or typing 20. You understand the mechanics and, clearly, are willing to play UO for the grind that it is BUT have you not noticed that most shards have died, there are less players on ATL every month, these boards have nearly stopped having replies on a daily basis? It's all fine and dandy to milk this for everything, you should while it's there for the taking but at some point it'll come home. This game is complex beyond words and needlessly so. It's unlikely that some new guy is going to fill a bod, see this 2% crap(cause no way is this in the handy "how to play" notes that don't exist) and say "woot only 98% left before I get that cool talisman". Get real.

I've been saying for years now that the game has to think in a forward motion and see what we can do to make the grind less grindy, clowns like the quoted think only for themselves. Call me what you want, that's ok, but when you wonder what happened to the players I hope you recall these conversations.
LMAO Alls you want to do is destroy our game play and even admitted you do not do BODs and have no clue as what is going on. Go play with your what ever and leave the BOD discussion to people that do them Mr Clueless.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do bods and I still hate getting robbed of points.
Then don't bank them! You still get to choose the exact award you want. The mass majority of clicking has been removed and he'll just point off the weapon bods for the times you run out of gargoyle pickaxes or prospector tools. Increasing the point value would have done irreparable damage to the large bod values.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do bods and I still hate getting robbed of points.
How are you getting "robbed of points" when this is a NEW thing. That is like saying I got robbed of a Xmas gift because they only gave me 5. And just like @Fridgster said just pick the reward you want and do not do the bank system. Getting +5 mining Gloves and not PoF or getting a 120 Tailor and not the Horned Runic was getting robbed.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the point system much better than the RNG. I may or may not use the banking system but I will turn in bods to get exactly what I want instead of the 90%/10% getting what I didn't want.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the point system much better than the RNG. I may or may not use the banking system but I will turn in bods to get exactly what I want instead of the 90%/10% getting what I didn't want.
This right here is why the new BOD system is %5,000 better than the old system and as an added bonus for those that want to you can use the bank system to save up for what you want or just use the old bribe system or go kill stuff and buy the reward you want just like before.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This who bod crap Sound like a f****ng pain. Is there somewhere a usable Guide how to do it?

It's Sounds a bit that it's made for scripters who don't care who long the script has to run to deal with the bods.

I guess I have to sell my bods as I am not willing to take part in such a crap.

Iam not wondering that people script stuff.
Sure a not positive and constructive critic

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sure a not positive and constructive critic
Well iam not here to give away Candy for everyone.

Iam a concerned customer who fears that the sytems "improvements" only improved the scripter Community.

Furthermore I do not speak around the hot topic like many other people. I say what I mean even if it's some not nice

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A little respect for our hard working Devs do not hurt. Critic is all fine, when given with respect.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh boy, BOD stuff. And the removal of the most recent piece of PVM content. Yay, I guess?

Whatever, I'm off to play World of Warcraft. I'll check back in six months or a year to see if @Kyronix and friends ever got around to adding anything from that "fun stuff we mean to get to someday but probably never will" list of theirs.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh boy, BOD stuff. And the removal of the most recent piece of PVM content. Yay, I guess?

Whatever, I'm off to play World of Warcraft. I'll check back in six months or a year to see if @Kyronix and friends ever got around to adding anything from that "fun stuff we mean to get to someday but probably never will" list of theirs.
Use to play wow. Can't bring myself to start playing again since they added the panda bears.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yar but neither of you two clowns want to add much save for the "BILLIONS". This BoD thing won't affect my game play at all, if I wanted the rewards I'd buy them or farm if I felt so. My concern, as I've said fairly often, is this isn't far enough and I don't think it's a good system for a new player to experience. Here new guy, you don't have the gold to just purchase ingredients for these BoD's so please just spend hours upon hours farming and then once you have done so farm a little more but expect a 2% return, nah I'll go play WOW or the like.

I understand you have piles of these things stored away, we all do or did. Most older players also have a few stacks of ingots, wood, gems and other resources so there is little downside save for either pushing play or typing 20. You understand the mechanics and, clearly, are willing to play UO for the grind that it is BUT have you not noticed that most shards have died, there are less players on ATL every month, these boards have nearly stopped having replies on a daily basis? It's all fine and dandy to milk this for everything, you should while it's there for the taking but at some point it'll come home. This game is complex beyond words and needlessly so. It's unlikely that some new guy is going to fill a bod, see this 2% crap(cause no way is this in the handy "how to play" notes that don't exist) and say "woot only 98% left before I get that cool talisman". Get real.

I've been saying for years now that the game has to think in a forward motion and see what we can do to make the grind less grindy, clowns like the quoted think only for themselves. Call me what you want, that's ok, but when you wonder what happened to the players I hope you recall these conversations.
We guess the risks of people rushing to other games will get bigger when you make UO too easy and give everyone, including noobs, a dozen Valorite Hammers in 20 days (what obviously will happen with full points banked), with NO SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT at all. It has always been the Large BODs to get to highest rewards, that one could possibly do it with simple BODs only is an extra option, albeit an expensive one. So why the complaints?