• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Comes to TC1

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did a bunch of BODs on TC and alls I can say is turning in BODs is one HUGH pain is the ASS now.
Hand BOD to NPC, NP this is the same.
Set gump to NO and hit ok (2 clicks)
Scroll through a clean-up style menu This can be a lot of clicking depending on points.
Confirm reward selected, 1 click
Get new BOD, this is also the same.
There has to be a better way to do this without killing my wrist.
I knew someone was going to complain about +1-2 more clicks than there was before. -I'll leave it open for people to see why that is.

I find it interesting that this +1 click is the turning point that makes your wrists hurt....
So, my question, is how the hell did you manage to do so many bods without it effecting your wrists up until now?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did a bunch of BODs on TC and alls I can say is turning in BODs is one HUGH pain is the ASS now.
Hand BOD to NPC, NP this is the same.
Set gump to NO and hit ok (2 clicks)
Scroll through a clean-up style menu This can be a lot of clicking depending on points.
Confirm reward selected, 1 click
Get new BOD, this is also the same.
There has to be a better way to do this without killing my wrist.

One click could be saved if they set the default on save points to NO...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew someone was going to complain about +1-2 more clicks than there was before. -I'll leave it open for people to see why that is.

I find it interesting that this +1 click is the turning point that makes your wrists hurt....
So, my question, is how the hell did you manage to do so many bods without it effecting your wrists up until now?
With my Arthritis each click and mouse movement hurts. Having fun playing UO is worth it, being so bored it bites the fabled big one isn't. I give most of my bods away.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well before you go jumping on stuff you have zero clue about. I have a permanently broken R Wrist for your info and if you would have bothered reading with a little bit of comprehension you would realize that is is a lot more than just 1 more click added, it is more like 5+ more clicks per BOD now but as you obviously do not do BODs than you are totally clueless. The 3 new steps they added to get the reward is the problem and needs to be streamlined.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right because they were like "Yo let's make this game simpler because our majority audience has broken wrists."
The bod changes with their point saving routine is stupid and hardly worth the time. One of the Devs occasion brainfarts. Though it may run a close second to Act of Stupidity (AoS).

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well before you go jumping on stuff you have zero clue about. I have a permanently broken R Wrist for your info and if you would have bothered reading with a little bit of comprehension you would realize that is is a lot more than just 1 more click added, it is more like 5+ more clicks per BOD now but as you obviously do not do BODs than you are totally clueless. The 3 new steps they added to get the reward is the problem and needs to be streamlined.
lol, I have no clue of your personal situation, but the way you wrote it... obviously doesn't support the idea that it's much worse for real players when that's a very small fraction (non-factor) to bring up compared to how the rest of the bod system works.

If you don't want people to jump to conclusions, You need to learn how to post it ways that deters from that... What in your previous post said that you broke your right wrist?... maybe you should be more specific, because since you're NOT, you seem to be more against it being made user-friendly... the only reason someone Would be for that, is because they abuse the system with scripts... I'll point out something else, if that weren't the case you wouldn't be overly defensive over what I said. -I think you need to learn what "reading comprehension" means. I'm glad you know what I was aiming for.... unlike you I didn't leave anything specific out (I broke my wrist) derp... why so defensive?

You're right, I don't do bods... because I have done them before, and that system is NOT designed for a "Player" to do it. -I'd absolutely love for you to prove it otherwise.

uh, No.
The 3 new steps they added to get the reward is the problem and needs to be streamlined.
The ENTIRE SYSTEM NEEDS TO BE STREAMLINED. If there are sections that need streamlined, the one you mention would make the smallest difference.

Hopefully you can understand that.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new talismans:
I simply dont get the purpose of these new talismans here. Heartwood has already produced hundreds and thousands of better talismans in the past 10 years, and while the failure protection is creative, as a crafter I simply dont care at all for this as there are tons of resource out there in the world. If the only purpose is just to compete with the scripting in Heartwood quest, that's fine but too late and pointless now.

If we now have the ability to choose the specific reward, how about also give us the reward with the RIGHT mods? +30/+30 skill talisman and NO MORE random +11 skill junks. Of course, we know they designed the randomness so that the content never gets drained. New randomness to mess with us. There's no way I would want the talismans with its current offering. The Chef Apron should also be made available for other skills. With the ability to choose +30/+30 new talismans and the apron for every crafting skill, this will effectively reduce the value of those scripted Heartwood talismans.

Reward Menu:
and the buggy reward menu needs to be made longer with text like this:

reward_tinkering.png

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
- 8 different crafts to get bods with
- 6 characters per account
- 3 bods for each craft per character per day(4 if you really want, most don't)
- 10 accounts or more for the diehards, I'll go with 10 but many have more
- Collecting on 10 different shards each day and using shard shields to bring it all to Atlantic
------------------------------------------------
8x3x6x10x10 = 14,400 bods per day across all shards
Sorry can't resist. Get a life!

Hopeful most will focus on 1-2 of the skills and play other parts of the game too.
I will do Smithing bods for the PoF I need and maybe for a few good hammers.
I will do Fletching bods for fletching runic, to get some good bows.
Not sure I will do the rest right now.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I turned in a 6 part barbed EX LBod. It's worth 800 pts, yet the highest reward is only 700 pts? What gives?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you should have been able to bank 100 pts...but they aren't gonna let that happen, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too simple, ya see.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I filled some PoF bods on Legends (10/15 Exception SI) and copied them over to turn in on Test to see how this works. I do like the fact that when I turned in one of them I was able to select the PoF or one of the lesser rewards and not have that 10% chance of getting Mining Gloves instead of the PoF. That 10% happens way too often to be 10% on production shards. I'll turn in 20 bods and end up with 5 or 6 gloves instead of just 2 or 3.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After reading all the remarks in this thread so far, I know that my smith will NOT bank any points at all ... ever.

The ratio is too low and I have yet to hear anyone say that the frequency of higher end SBODs for filling higher LBODs is improved. I'm tired of sitting on 3 Val LBODs with no hope of an SBOD to match up with any of them. Bribing has failed to get me there - got close twice and the qty changed. ARG! Yes, I bounced to different places to keep costs low.

Phooey. IMO a whacked system just got more whacked from the sounds of it.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Deraj - thank you for your work on the calculations. I had started down that path when I decided to read the entire thread. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bowcraft, carpentry and tinkering, I think I'd need to wait until I had a couple of normal bods before I filled an exceptional. I'm not too worried about failures, but filling an excep composite bow bod I threw away more than I kept. They made clean up points, but that's still a high wastage - and yes I was wearing a decent talisman.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After reading all the remarks in this thread so far, I know that my smith will NOT bank any points at all ... ever.

The ratio is too low and I have yet to hear anyone say that the frequency of higher end SBODs for filling higher LBODs is improved. I'm tired of sitting on 3 Val LBODs with no hope of an SBOD to match up with any of them. Bribing has failed to get me there - got close twice and the qty changed. ARG! Yes, I bounced to different places to keep costs low.

So why not bribe up the LBOD too?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to hand in a large bod for any of the new skills to see what the points value of the 'set bonus' is, but every time I try to combine one it screws up :( Has anyone succeeded? And has anyone got large bods that don't fit with the figures I have so far?
Alchemy - 3 part, 6 part
Bowcraft 2, 3, 5.
Carpentry, 2, 4, 5, 6
Cooking 4, 5
Inscription 4, 5
Tinkering 3, 4, 5 6

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

@Spartan What are you trying to get as a reward?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me just say this now, some of these SBOD's are ridiculous! 20 Resilient Bracers, whats needed: 20 captured essence (off Shimmer!), 100 blue diamonds (100?!?), 1000 regular diamonds and iron ingots, this all being minimal if you don't fail in crafting. Turn it in for... wait for it...........................................50 pts!

I wouldn't have even bothered had it not been on TC1. I wouldn't waste those kind of materials even for it to fit in an LBOD. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I agree. We should be able to just bank points...and they should do away with bribing altogether. It was a bandaid put on an ugly wound, and didnt accomplish as much as they hoped. If we don't have the BoD needed for what we want, let us bank points up high enough to get it, instead of bribing up to get it. And by banking points, I am NOT talking about some ridiculously low percentage of the Bods value.

Everything always seems to ahve to be so damned complicated and overthought nowdays...whatever happened to just playing a straight up game and having fun? No more people than we have now, does it really matter if someone gets a lot of one reward or the other?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me just say this now, some of these SBOD's are ridiculous! 20 Resilient Bracers, whats needed: 20 captured essence (off Shimmer!), 100 blue diamonds (100?!?), 1000 regular diamonds and iron ingots, this all being minimal if you don't fail in crafting. Turn it in for... waiting for it...........................................50 pts!

I wouldn't have even bothered had it not been on TC1. I wouldn't waste those kind of materials even for it to fit in an LBOD. Ridiculous.
Well that sucks, you can always bank it for llike .250 points :mad:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Let's get an Ozy Obi that can be altered for gargs!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that they need to publish the Vet Rewards and the updates to Horn of Plenty changes in a separate publish since they don't require further testing and we can get the new tables this month while the horns still work. I just went through 24 horns @ 10 charges each and got: 6 Formal Tables, 2 Buffet Tables, 2 Pigs on a Spit, 3 coffee plants and 7 turkeys. The bod changes are going require a LOT more testing and changes so they don't put out something that's still half baked. Just my OP...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will the new BODS work in BOD Books by the time the publish goes live on all shards or do we need to start thinking now where to store all these new individual bods?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me just say this now, some of these SBOD's are ridiculous! 20 Resilient Bracers, whats needed: 20 captured essence (off Shimmer!), 100 blue diamonds (100?!?), 1000 regular diamonds and iron ingots, this all being minimal if you don't fail in crafting. Turn it in for... wait for it...........................................50 pts!

What a bummer but only because if they reward was actually worth the effort these could get people out doing older content....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's what it looks like to me.

Why would there even be a time cap on those?
I'd rather see them with 5-10 charges and no time cap. Can't we smelt a "pile" of ore? So the 750 charges aren't making any sense to me.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like it too, but I don't understand these 2 items I have circled:

View attachment 56488

Do all 750 charges have to be used within that 24 hrs?
That's what it looks like to me.

Why would there even be a time cap on those?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 750 charges isn't 1 charge per stack of ore, I think it's 750 ore = 750 charges. (ie probably not worth) ingot conversion potion = more of a gain lol

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure 750 charges isn't 1 charge per stack of ore, I think it's 750 ore = 750 charges. (ie probably not worth) ingot conversion potion = more of a gain lol
Yeah I was guessing it was possibly equivalent to 750 ingots.

I'm guessing that's what you get out of one of the ore maps or whatever they are.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That makes more sense. Still don't understand why it needs a time cap. =/

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the same as the ones from Vela in Cove. When I needed some agapite I got 2 agapite maps and one of those talismans from Vela. I think that would be the way to go on that. Collect the bods to be able to claim both maps and talisman then go mine the maps.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Spartan What are you trying to get as a reward?
This probably puts me in the minority but I don't specifically "try" for a reward. The fact I can fill the things is a reward of sorts for me. But if I get LBODs of the Valorite kind, I do expect to get a Val SBOD periodically and I have had to bribe up everything to even get close. That's 100s of K in gold. Hell, an LBOD bribe up to Val is 43+K from Verite!

<shakes head> The system of SBOD offerings to allow fulfillment of LBODs is screwed. I am >100 points in Smithing and it is a rare thing I get Agapite, Verite or Valorite SBODs.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree. We should be able to just bank points...and they should do away with bribing altogether. It was a bandaid put on an ugly wound, and didnt accomplish as much as they hoped. If we don't have the BoD needed for what we want, let us bank points up high enough to get it, instead of bribing up to get it. And by banking points, I am NOT talking about some ridiculously low percentage of the Bods value.

Everything always seems to ahve to be so damned complicated and overthought nowdays...whatever happened to just playing a straight up game and having fun? No more people than we have now, does it really matter if someone gets a lot of one reward or the other?
Thank you, Sir! That's the most reasonable and to me, acceptable alternative to bribes and the points! @Kyronix @Bleak - take a look-see at what COULD be done to get rid of some borked things!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is all gonna be as useful as refinements =)
I'm going to use it all the time. Refinements I used once. This is, in my opinion much much better.

I also believe that opening up the points that can be banked is a bad idea. It will become too easy to script for upper end runics.

I do love the idea of being able to use up all the immediately given points by choosing multiple items.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This probably putsd me in the minority but I don't specifically "try" for a reward. The fact I can fill the things is a reward of sorts for me. But if I get LBODs of the Valorite kind, I do expect to get a Val SBOD periodically and I have had to bribe up everything to even get close. That's 100s of K in gold. Hell, an LBOD bribe up to Val is 43+K from Verite!

<shakes head> The system of SBOD offerings to allow fulfillment of LBODs is screwed. I am >100 points in Smithing and it is a rare thing I get Agapite, Verite or Valorite SBODs.
See I must admit I'm bias when it comes to bribing. I get a lot of free upgrades. Benefit of a slow shard :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also believe that opening up the points that can be banked is a bad idea. It will become too easy to script for upper end runics.
This is the part I don't get. Sure people can script, probably will either way. But honestly, if you go out and script up 1 million upper end runics, that has NO effect on my gameplay at all. As long as I have the opportunity to bank mine up enough to get what I need, who cares? Where's the problem?? Scripters gonna script-quit worrying about them, and start worrying about making it easier on the real player. That's the thing. IF WE CAN GET THE GOODS REASONABLY OURSELVES WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ALL OUR GAMETIME SLAVING AND GRINDING WE WILL QUIT BUYING FROM THE SCRIPTERS!!!!!!!!! So it wont matter how many the scripters have, if their market shrinks...

Plus the real player will be happier and have a better feeling about it all.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the part I don't get. Sure people can script, probably will either way. But honestly, if you go out and script up 1 million upper end runics, that has NO effect on my gameplay at all. As long as I have the opportunity to bank mine up enough to get what I need, who cares? Where's the problem?? Scripters gonna script-quit worrying about them, and start worrying about making it easier on the real player. That's the thing. IF WE CAN GET THE GOODS REASONABLY OURSELVES WITHOUT HAVING TO SPEND ALL OUR GAMETIME SLAVING AND GRINDING WE WILL QUIT BUYING FROM THE SCRIPTERS!!!!!!!!! So it wont matter how many the scripters have, if their market shrinks...

Plus the real player will be happier and have a better feeling about it all.
Problem is it will effect other play styles :(