• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 95 Available World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce that Publish 95 will be available world wide with each shard’s maintenance cycle beginning the morning of November 17, 2016. US shards will receive it first in the morning. You can read about the full list of updates here and send any feedback here. Until all shards are publish you will not be able to do character transfers. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix @Bleak

Any word on why you all removed the ability to turn the new spider mount ethereal with the retouching tool now that publish 95 has gone live?

I thought it looked great and now I have no interest in claiming or ever using one as the non-ethereal form is an eyesore with copious amounts of clipping.

Patch notes said they were working on the art work

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Pretty sure this is a bug: You cannot combine potions that are bought from NPC Alchemists, but you can do so with scrolls bought from NPC mages.
Please confirm?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So... if you have filled runebooks or runic atlas on your backpack, don't use the "combine this deed with contained items" or it will pick those filled books and you will lose them. Fun.
@Kyronix Better check this out.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've used the purchased clocks to fill my clock BOD's and those work fine..and why, Bealank, would you have runebooks in your container? Just put an empty pouch in your backpack with your tools/material and craft in that, then click on that for your contained items....won't lose runebooks that way!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've used the purchased clocks to fill my clock BOD's and those work fine..and why, Bealank, would you have runebooks in your container? Just put an empty pouch in your backpack with your tools/material and craft in that, then click on that for your contained items....won't lose runebooks that way!
Try to make 20 runic atlas inside a pouch. Just won't happen. Or having to drag 20 blank runes inside a bag.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alchemy bribing needs to work on more than just the requested amount. You should be able to bribe potions up from Lesser to regular then to Greater...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, many of the new BODs can't be bribed logically... I have a few bow BODS that can't have their wood upgraded, just the amount...but then I have one that allowed for both to be upgraded. Same with carpentry.

Also, the cooking reward points are seriously out of whack. 750 for the fermentation vat? Seriously? The BODs top out at 550 points!

@Kyronix

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about these 2 alchy BODS a 15 and 20 hovering wisp small. I thought they did away with anything requiring special ingredients.
So that would be 140 captured essence to fill both of those BODS. Point value of the 15 is 225 and banked is 4.5, the 20 is 250 points and 5 points banked. Who is going to do 140 shimmering effusions and hope to get the 1 essence off the corpse. Either those need to be scrapped or the they should be worth a lot more points LOL. Just saying.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay, many of the new BODs can't be bribed logically... I have a few bow BODS that can't have their wood upgraded, just the amount...but then I have one that allowed for both to be upgraded. Same with carpentry.

Also, the cooking reward points are seriously out of whack. 750 for the fermentation vat? Seriously? The BODs top out at 550 points!

@Kyronix
Banked Points

I know I know...

but banked points are the way to go so you can't get one major item for one BOD....it's taking me a VERY long time to bank Tinkering Points...up to 210 so far! lol but I'm not bribing or anything, just filling the smalls I get and hopin for smalls to go with my larges :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Banked Points

I know I know...

but banked points are the way to go so you can't get one major item for one BOD....it's taking me a VERY long time to bank Tinkering Points...up to 210 so far! lol but I'm not bribing or anything, just filling the smalls I get and hopin for smalls to go with my larges :)
Banking....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :thumbdown:

I think I know why cooking rewards were tinkered with, I might be the one to blame in fact, as I mentioned to Kyronix that the cooking reward list was a tad short. But adding in the dyes (dyes for cooking? can they be used on cakes? (I doubt it)) and setting the last two rewards past the known value of the most fantastical sushi LBOD was...a poor choice.

I bribe up everything I get to the max, just 'cuz I don't want a piddly amount of points. And IMHO, banking is a waste of my time/resources. But then I also think we should be able to choose rewards until a BOD's points are used up.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh yeah they do..HUGE menu lol.

BODBookMenu.jpg

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would bank the points you don't use when you turn in a bod and take a lesser reward. I turned in a bod for 750 and took the 700 pt reward so I'd love it if they banked a % of the 50 I didn't use. Banking that way makes a lot more sense to me...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The new items, such as the drops from the Horn of Plenty, don't appear to be showing up on vendor search for me or my guild mates when we put them on our vendor. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Mesanna

Sorry but cannot realize anything of the new Publish on Drachenfels - neither a choose of new veteran rewards nor the new bod system. Forgetten the shard? Check it this morning again, but nothing changes. Please check this and fix it. Thx :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Mesanna

Sorry but cannot realize anything of the new Publish on Drachenfels - neither a choose of new veteran rewards nor the new bod system. Forgetten the shard? Check it this morning again, but nothing changes. Please check this and fix it. Thx :)
You will get it your next maintance time which is about 1-2 hours if I am not mistaken.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm really very happy about the BoDs now, I hated Heartwood quests so much, this are so much better. I'm also sure it will give player a reason to play more.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"you must claim in your last turn in points to continue"

Anyone seen this message? Get it when using the claim rewards choice on NPC.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"you must claim in your last turn in points to continue"

Anyone seen this message? Get it when using the claim rewards choice on NPC.
Yes sure have. Went to turn in some Alchemy BODS and befuddled me for a while til I remembered I hadn't chosen either bank or reward on a Cooking BOD. I went back and chose the reward for that one and then the Alchemists worked.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah if you chose to use the points now, you HAVE to claim a reward before you can get or turn in another BOD.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you both :) Trying to help others as issues crop up. Don't want frustrated gamers! No no no!!! *shakes head no*

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, tried to fill a bod with agapite spoons, but it claims that the agapite spoons are the wrong ore. They do not say agapite on them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, tried to fill a bod with agapite spoons, but it claims that the agapite spoons are the wrong ore. They do not say agapite on them.
Were they Norm or Exp spoons. This is a Tinker BOD right.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Were they Norm or Exp spoons. This is a Tinker BOD right.
It's a tinker BOD for exceptional agapite spoons. I made exceptional spoons out of agapite, but they won't go in the BOD, and they don't say that they are made out of agapite. I watched my agapite in the bag go down as I made them, double checked the metal setting on my tool, and removed the iron on me. I got a message that they are the wrong ore when I try to put them in the BOD. I tried both left and right spoons. Not sure if this problem extends to all utensils, I don't have enough BODs yet to check.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a tinker BOD for exceptional agapite spoons. I made exceptional spoons out of agapite, but they won't go in the BOD, and they don't say that they are made out of agapite. I watched my agapite in the bag go down as I made them, double checked the metal setting on my tool, and removed the iron on me. I got a message that they are the wrong ore when I try to put them in the BOD. I tried both left and right spoons. Not sure if this problem extends to all utensils, I don't have enough BODs yet to check.
None of the Silverware says what it is made of but it does display the color of the ingot used. Are your spoons Aga colored? This is the only thing I can think of.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
None of the Silverware says what it is made of but it does display the color of the ingot used. Are your spoons Aga colored? This is the only thing I can think of.
Unfortunately, utensils do not retain the color of the metal they are made out of, despite the gumps ongoing claim to the contrary. I was hoping they would change that at some point, but I'll settle for the utensils at least being tagged with a fancy metal name even if they look iron, so I can put them in my BOD.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, utensils do not retain the color of the metal they are made out of, despite the gumps ongoing claim to the contrary. I was hoping they would change that at some point, but I'll settle for the utensils at least being tagged with a fancy metal name even if they look iron, so I can put them in my BOD.
All mine did yesterday. will go test again.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All mine did yesterday. will go test again.
I am using the CC and the SPOON (left) and SPOON (Right) both say * this item retains the color of this material and in fact they do. Did you have Aga selected as the material

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that we're doing Tinker bods that require colored ingots, PLEASE let us smelt down the items made back to ingots. I did a bod of 20 Exceptional Agapite Scales and even with a +28 Exceptional Talisman bonus, I made 18 Normal ones trying to fill the bod. I ended up throwing them away and got a whole 5 points :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a 20X Val Scale SBOD that will have a nice home in my UNFILLED BOD Book

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well, tried to fix my spoon problem by using the CC, but still had the same problem. But if everyone else can do the BODs, it must be my character and not the system.