• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Available World Wide

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 92 will be available world wide after each shard’s maintenance beginning with US Shards on March 2, 2016. Be sure to check out the full patch notes and new fiction related to the “Valley of One” quest chain. We want to thank everyone who provided feedback and helped test Publish 92. Vendor search will be unavailable until Thursday morning, March 3, 2016. With Publish 92 out the door we are now looking towards Publish 93. Our goal is to have Publish 93 released sometime in the early Summer with plenty of content […]

Continue reading...

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Devs for the new pub! I look forward to giving the new quest chain a whirl!

Few things I personally would love to see in pub 93 (mostly other players ideas):

~ Larger CC game window
~ Vet reward turn-in system
~ Reduced account age for shard shields
~ Equip-able ethys in CC (for hotkey assignment w/o UOA)
~ Revamped Doom artifacts
~ Improved original artwork perspectives

If only one of these was implemented I'd be thrilled. Love UO! Thanks Devs!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn, I gotta wait until early Summer for another shot at Enchantress' Cameo's becoming PoF-able eh? I am disappoint.

The new quest content should keep me pretty busy for a bit anyway, won't need cameo's for that... so there's time I guess.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Early summer. Yikes. Hope there's
Damn, I gotta wait until early Summer for another shot at Enchantress' Cameo's becoming PoF-able eh? I am disappoint.

The new quest content should keep me pretty busy for a bit anyway, won't need cameo's for that... so there's time I guess.
If only it was possible for bug fixes to be patched in separately from new content.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Devs! I'm super happy to hear that Whirlwind damage is being fixed. I tested it only about a month ago and posted my results on stratics. ([Bushido] - Tested WW "bogus" damage)

To my surprise, it's being fixed already! I can only imagine what its like to constantly hear complaints and requests for change. Hopefully a big fat THANK YOU brings a breath of fresh air to your team.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Devs! I'm super happy to hear that Whirlwind damage is being fixed. I tested it only about a month ago and posted my results on stratics. ([Bushido] - Tested WW "bogus" damage)

To my surprise, it's being fixed already! I can only imagine what its like to constantly hear complaints and requests for change. Hopefully a big fat THANK YOU brings a breath of fresh air to your team.
I wouldn't exactly say the term "already" applies here. Stuff like that should be fixed quickly (as in less than a month)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't exactly say the term "already" applies here. Stuff like that should be fixed quickly (as in less than a month)
Well, it seems fixes come in big patches and these big patches don't come faster than once a month. The Dev team is small from what I hear and they proably have a TON of things on their to-do-list. IMO, this fix was fast enough for me.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it seems fixes come in big patches and these big patches don't come faster than once a month. The Dev team is small from what I hear and they proably have a TON of things on their to-do-list. IMO, this fix was fast enough for me.
Why is it so hard to push a small patch/update to correct some of the blaring issues that happen? Doesn't have to be a giant leap, only a small step, seems to me that'd be what is needed when something gets broke. My archer has lived, or rather died, for how many months now because of that danged delay that now they're reverting? We used to get small patches/updates sometimes several times a month. Does that really take more "devpower"?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is it so hard to push a small patch/update to correct some of the blaring issues that happen? Doesn't have to be a giant leap, only a small step, seems to me that'd be what is needed when something gets broke. My archer has lived, or rather died, for how many months now because of that danged delay that now they're reverting? We used to get small patches/updates sometimes several times a month. Does that really take more "devpower"?
It takes time to actually code the fixes obviously but there should absolutely be hotfix releases.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wonder if they fixed the lumberjack bonus on whirlwind also?
I had 100 lumberjacking and I recall seeing bonus dmg from lumberjacking when doing regular hits and whirlwind hits. Are you certain this is actually broken?

I think there are certain things that deserve hot fixes. WW damage probably isn't one of those. My sampire does just fine without bonus WW damage. In fact, no one even noticed bonus WW damage was missing. I did a search in the forums and not a single person complained about it. Plus when I tested it and posted my results, only two people actually commented on my thread. Didn't seem like anyone actually cared to be honest. To see that the Devs probably read my thread and decided to do something about it, certainly shows that they care even when the vast majority of players don't. (Some players rather have shiny pretty objects or valentines day gifts and will openly complain about that....)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Looks forward to get home do the new quest. Oh no, I have crafting ordres I need to do first. I better try to get home from work early :)
I'm happy, I busy in the game again, special now where Siege is getting new blood again. I love the new stuff and I love the Tribes stopped auto attacking me so I can go see their villages and help them with stuff like free the tiger cubs, thanks.

Few things I personally would love to see in pub 93 (mostly other players ideas):

~ Larger CC game window
~ Improved original artwork perspectives
I can agree to most of this wishes.
~ Larger CC game window
Please do this :)

Not a turnin like Clean up Britain but maybe let you get one reward choose for turning in 1-2 old rewards

As I don't have this on my shard, I don't know but do believe all or no one should be able to shard transfer except on Siege, here we keep it no way

Not only elthys but all mounts. maybe mount last used mount

This one would be great, special on Siege if it become easier to put together a PvP or PvM suit

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Freja, please do the quest first - no hurry with my crafting order ;-)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was the ghost mob bug on the EC fixed? :confused:
That one annoys me quite a bit.
Actually they might have, we did the Shadowguard rooms and roof twice today and I did not have one ghost image. I usually have water eles in the orchard and treefellows in the armory but not today, cross yer finners!!!!!!!! Oh, and before that we did a turtle spawn and I ALWAYS have ghosts there but not today.

ANGELICA

Visitor
I noticed at the Barrab camp to west of Sir Geoffrey there is a wall carving spawned in the place where the one you steal spawns, this wall carving is not steal-able. Will we still be able to obtain this Wall Carving by stealing it, is what I would like to know? I looked around the post from test shards and did not find anything about this. I checked the area on my second computer to make sure it was not some type of graphics glitch, and it is there.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed at the Barrab camp to west of Sir Geoffrey there is a wall carving spawned in the place where the one you steal spawns, this wall carving is not steal-able. Will we still be able to obtain this Wall Carving by stealing it, is what I would like to know? I looked around the post from test shards and did not find anything about this. I checked the area on my second computer to make sure it was not some type of graphics glitch, and it is there.
This issue was definitely reported, at least once on here and directly to Kyronix by me. Sad to see that it made it through to the production shards. :oops:

PopL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yep....happened to me on sonoma....real bummer.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't seem like anyone actually cared to be honest. To see that the Devs probably read my thread and decided to do something about it, certainly shows that they care even when the vast majority of players don't. (Some players rather have shiny pretty objects or valentines day gifts and will openly complain about that....)
I Agree. Barely anyone commetted in my riding swipe thread, but the devs saw it and fixed it this patch. So, I am happy.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious, was something supposed to change with the small blackrock pieces? Bigger, lighter? Easier to see?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the issue is with the Pinco's UI. Mine looked like yours but when I switched to Default EC it looked like Petra's. @Pinco is there anything you can do about this?
make sure you are using the latest patch of the UI...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure you are using the latest patch of the UI...
I get the following error when I patch

Patch session completed. Some errors occurred in the process, please try again later.ERROR: Downloading: batang.ttc [6.70 MB] in progress ... FAILED!.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, reforging menu with one liner Korean text..........how odd.

SS_123.jpg

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Patch session completed. Some errors occurred in the process, please try again later.ERROR: Downloading: batang.ttc [6.70 MB] in progress ... FAILED!.
I'm getting the same behavior (and my runebooks also are unchanged).

Thought it was just me! ;)

-P.E.

Necron87

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is good that you have Korean letters, I have just unclear signs)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

~ Larger CC game window
I just change my screen resolution when I go to play UO. When I drop down one size it make the CC play window really large.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really hoping the changes to runebook covers would be reverted. Pretty disappointed by this change.

I hope we'll get information soon regarding the in-game store. Some of my questions about it at this point include:

- Which forms of payment will be used for in-game purchases.
- Whether or not there will be any kind of "parental control code" or other kind of lock we can put on our accounts to prevent in-game purchases.
- Which company will actually run the store, secure our payment information, and provide customer support for botched transactions.
- Whether or not the in-game store will be available to all customers, regardless of where in the world they live.
- Whether there will be any controls built into the system to prevent people from using the in-game store after a shard is in maintenance mode but not yet offline to people who were logged in.
- What procedures will be in place to restore in-game store purchases if a shard has to be reverted for any reason or if a shard crashes.
- Which in-game items will be available through the in-game store.
- Whether or not there will be any other method available for purchasing in-game items once the in-game store opens.
- Whether items purchased through the store will be account-bound once purchased or can be transferred to or used by other accounts.
- What kind of receipts or purchase history will be available for in-game store purchases.
- How we will purchase things like upgrades and game time after the in-game store opens,
- How taxes on in-game purchases will be determined and reported to appropriate taxing authorities or whether the responsibility for tracking purchases for paying appropriate taxes will rest on us as consumers. (Why this concerns me as a Colorado resident: Amazon to collect Colorado sales tax on purchases starting Feb. 1 Amazon has no physical presence in Colorado so no one's really sure why they caved on this issue.)
- Whether the opening of the in-game store will affect how/when/where we pay account subscription fees and if there will be any changes in support (who/when/where/how) for questions related to the account management system.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

that happen because I was uploading a new patch to support korean language, now should be fine...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stained glass windows ? Does anyone else remember that we were supposed to be able to make those with custom walls? I cannot find it.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the great ape listed in publish but I didn't see where or what he is. is he a boss summoned somewhere? or just a new creature that spawns?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really don't understand why people want these artifacts to be POF able, it will last you forever as it is.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the great ape listed in publish but I didn't see where or what he is. is he a boss summoned somewhere? or just a new creature that spawns?
You get his quest with the Barako Tribe which is to the North of the Moongate when you come into the Valley. After you get the quest, track to the NE. After a few screens you'll come to a cave entrance. That's where he is. Good Luck with him ;)

zzape1.JPG