• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 3 comes to TC1

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd like that to be a parry ability. Take aggro and gain some damage absorption or DCI or something.
Parry would also be a good pick to have such ability.
But fantasy paladins are known to be noble and brave, so an ability to clear aggro from others and get it into him would fit that pretty well.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Guarantee you it will be hard to get. Nothing is easy to get when you don't lose items.
I know, that's the problem, it may work on normal shards but sure not on Siege. I always forget how it work on normal shards :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
[QUOTE="Dot_Warner, post: 2596637, member: 158851 All armor, aside from the Virtue set, will wear out eventually...[/QUOTE]

My armor will never wear out. Repair.. power... it's brand new.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Hey man, we beat all the encounters including the roof but all of the encounters reset (back to red)and the doors did not open (which i assume is the goal here).

ALso there are a bunch of no draw tiles east of Jukari tribe by the lava.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, that's the problem, it may work on normal shards but sure not on Siege. I always forget how it work on normal shards :(
Well, you should know by now that they won't spend any extra time on making sure something works for siege. It will be exactly like it is on prodo shards or I'll eat my tiger skin hat.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
How often does your armor get so damaged that you have to apply POF to prevent it from poofing? Out of curiosity...
Never really thought about. As needed lol Oh another thing about imbuing. Imbuers always stick their name on it. I ain't ur billboard lol. People have told me they buy my stuff cause I don't ever put my name on it, or request I make them stuff cause they don't like names all over their furniture and stuff and I normally do that kinda thing. I don't have a problem with imbuing if someone uses it. Perhaps I've just been around a long time. But I've acquired so much high quality stuff that's not imbued, I just don't see the point in using it for myself. Normally the stuff I find is so much cheaper I just don't get it. I love to shop and just always keep an eye out for bargains on nice items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never really thought about. As needed lol Oh another thing about imbuing. Imbuers always stick their name on it. I ain't ur billboard lol. People have told me they buy my stuff cause I don't ever put my name on it, or request I make them stuff cause they don't like names all over their furniture and stuff and I normally do that kinda thing. I don't have a problem with imbuing if someone uses it. Perhaps I've just been around a long time. But I've acquired so much high quality stuff that's not imbued, I just don't see the point in using it for myself. Normally the stuff I find is so much cheaper I just don't get it. I love to shop and just always keep an eye out for bargains on nice items.
Well, if you love shopping then that's one thing. Imbuing absolutely makes most other items obsolete, or at least not worth paying an arm and a leg for. I don't have a problem with someone choosing not to use imbued items, I actually have a character who only uses stuff she finds, but if you are holding out because of fear of breakage, then you are just making your own life needlessly difficult, because really you can easily go years of active play without replacing, and even when you do replacing takes like 20 minutes, and you get exactly the stats you want, so altering your suit is not an issue.

As for someone putting their name on it I don't really think anyone imbues much for others. I would guess 99% of all imbued suits were made by the wearer, so youd probably have to level the skill, which I imagine would be hell on a prodo shard. :(

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Hey man, we beat all the encounters including the roof but all of the encounters reset (back to red)and the doors did not open (which i assume is the goal here).

ALso there are a bunch of no draw tiles east of Jukari tribe by the lava.
That's working as intended, after beating Shadowguard your progress resets. Under normal circumstances you would receive phat lootz, and be treated some celebrations of your heroism, but we are still in the process of phatifying lootz and preparing celebrations.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never really thought about. As needed lol Oh another thing about imbuing. Imbuers always stick their name on it. I ain't ur billboard lol. People have told me they buy my stuff cause I don't ever put my name on it, or request I make them stuff cause they don't like names all over their furniture and stuff and I normally do that kinda thing.
The crafter name you see on an imbued item is the name of the crafter who created the item, not the artificer that imbued it. There is no way for an artificer to leave their mark on an item. Also, it is possible for an item to be imbued multiple times by multiple different artificers.

If you don't have imbuing skill on any of your crafters but need imbued items, why not craft the base items yourself and then hand them over to the artificer? Unlike enhancing, there's no risk that they will destroy the item your crafter made when they add to or increase/decrease properties on the item your crafter made.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's working as intended, after beating Shadowguard your progress resets. Under normal circumstances you would receive phat lootz, and be treated some celebrations of your heroism, but we are still in the process of phatifying lootz and preparing celebrations.
You don't need to phatify the loot too much. Just put some random pants slot clothing with 3 hpi or 5 mi or 5 stam inc and everyone will be there doing it. :p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Good to know, one more thing. We tried the fountain instance with 3 people and after maybe a few minutes it booted us out and did not allow us to go back in until it reset.

also sometimes when failing the armory it goes ahead and marks it as complete

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The crafter name you see on an imbued item is the name of the crafter who created the item, not the artificer that imbued it. There is no way for an artificer to leave their mark on an item. Also, it is possible for an item to be imbued multiple times by multiple different artificers.

If you don't have imbuing skill on any of your crafters but need imbued items, why not craft the base items yourself and then hand them over to the artificer? Unlike enhancing, there's no risk that they will destroy the item your crafter made when they add to or increase/decrease properties on the item your crafter made.
This. And a good crafter I knew years ago would NEVER put his name on things. He wanted it to be rare. You had to be VERY special for him to make you an item with his name on it.

I still have and cherish my axe crafted by PorkChop Jesus.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This. And a good crafter I knew years ago would NEVER put his name on things. He wanted it to be rare. You had to be VERY special for him to make you an item with his name on it.

I still have and cherish my axe crafted by PorkChop Jesus.
I remember that dude.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember that dude.
He was my favorite crafter. Back when they always were around Tram Britain's Smithshop by the Cemetery I would always wait till he was there to fix up my gear. Only back then he was "The Dread Lord PorkChop Jesus".

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read somewhere that the Special berries you get from the champ spawn in Eodon you can feed to your Dragonturtle, thus training it in specific resists.
So imagine no you can now train a GD with a maxed resist? I think that tops the scales into the DT camp.
Nope. I have a Dragon Turtle Hatchling, and i've fed it Yellow, Blue and Purple Edible Berries, and their stats do not change at all. Neither does their Breath type change. I notice no change whatsoever after feeding them Edible Berries, despite any insinuations from "The Dragon Turtle prefers a sandy habitat nearby to water and is known for having an appetite for berries."

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Why does the chef's toque I just made out of cloth say its "barbed?" o_O

The evening gown clips horribly in the EC. In the CC, its just a hot mess on the avatar when dyed.

Also, the kilts on the avatar look pretty bad in both clients when dyed... :oops:

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Please let the lootz be really phat. It's been years since there was an item I really wanted. I know everyone is terrified of disenfranchising crafters or unbalancing PVP, but seriously, I bought a really nice crafted suit and some weapons a couple years ago and I haven't lusted after an item ever since. My crafted suit never wears out because I never need to do any serious farming because there's nothing I really want.

If you show off the lootz and you see defenders on this forum saying things like "Well it's good for newer players!" or "It could be good for RP!" then you'll know you screwed up and need to buff everything. Those are just code for "I can't call these items good with a straight face but still want to be positive!"

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Please let the lootz be really phat. It's been years since there was an item I really wanted. I know everyone is terrified of disenfranchising crafters or unbalancing PVP, but seriously, I bought a really nice crafted suit and some weapons a couple years ago and I haven't lusted after an item ever since. My crafted suit never wears out because I never need to do any serious farming because there's nothing I really want.

If you show off the lootz and you see defenders on this forum saying things like "Well it's good for newer players!" or "It could be good for RP!" then you'll know you screwed up and need to buff everything. Those are just code for "I can't call these items good with a straight face but still want to be positive!"

Make it like the orny was when it was first introduced....remember how EPIC that was?? We were like...leet if we had the orny...hell I was still using mine up until a few months ago.

Make us go OMG OMG OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THAT RIGHT NOW!

I know it's gonna be hard...what with imbuing/reforging etc we can put pretty much anything we want on our weapons and armor now...so here's a question for everyone...

What would you like to see on a piece of phat lootzs?

Something that can't be imbued....I can't think of anything offhand...but what would people consider phat lootz?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how much is this "expansion" :/ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So how much is this "expansion" :/ ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your account(s) are active right now, it's free! :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
From the newsletter...(which, by the way, is LATE!)
upload_2015-9-19_23-1-31.png

Maybe every other month would be more feasible?

Anyway...in regards to the above question...

upload_2015-9-19_23-2-37.png

For those of you who missed it :)

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I like that there's a cloak on the list of new artifacts. For some reason this game has a really weird relationship with the "clothing" slots. They'll add a few stat items for those slots during events, but then make them unobtainable the rest of the time. Or they'll add one or two items for a slot and then never revisit it again.

Case in point, we could really use more choices for the belt slot than just crimmy or tangle, or a blackthorn reskinned crimmy or tangle. It's been like 10 years since the first statted item debuted for that slot and somehow we still only have two.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are all the native tribes Karma loss? I'm a Paladin and I hate Karma loss. These guys attack me and I hit back and they charge me Karma for returning fire? hmmm, don't seem fair somehow.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Why are all the native tribes Karma loss? I'm a Paladin and I hate Karma loss. These guys attack me and I hit back and they charge me Karma for returning fire? hmmm, don't seem fair somehow.
Do you use poison mastery?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tribes attack me too. Only mastery I did was ninja. They attacked my friend who did no mastery. Will there be some quest to become accepted by each tribe? Like ants?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I like that there's a cloak on the list of new artifacts. For some reason this game has a really weird relationship with the "clothing" slots. They'll add a few stat items for those slots during events, but then make them unobtainable the rest of the time. Or they'll add one or two items for a slot and then never revisit it again.

Case in point, we could really use more choices for the belt slot than just crimmy or tangle, or a blackthorn reskinned crimmy or tangle. It's been like 10 years since the first statted item debuted for that slot and somehow we still only have two.
We could use more cloaks, more earrings, more belts, more sashes...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Remember we are all invading their lands...we are not welcome..so all the tribes will attack you...for now.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I havent been able to access test or eodon since they came out, just freezes permanently on entering Brit. Any ideas? I would be like to be able to see the new content. I am fully patched and also unable to create a new char or used a copied one

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I havent been able to access test or eodon since they came out, just freezes permanently on entering Brit. Any ideas? I would be like to be able to see the new content. I am fully patched and also unable to create a new char or used a copied one
You cant access Eodon shard unless you were part of the beta group. Test has been working fine so it may be a connection issue on your end if you have a high packet loss.

you could try pinging the server or do a tracert

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cant access Eodon shard unless you were part of the beta group. Test has been working fine so it may be a connection issue on your end if you have a high packet loss.

you could try pinging the server or do a tracert
Doh! Thanks

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How can your name not be on an exceptionally crafted item? I make exceptional items and my name is there automatically.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Hey just a quick question. I noticed going into a couple of the encounters such as the armory and fountain after completing it, it boots you out after a minute or so.

Is this intended?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Hey just a quick question. I noticed going into a couple of the encounters such as the armory and fountain after completing it, it boots you out after a minute or so.

Is this intended?
You should get teleported out after you win the tower, a short time goes by that allows you to collect your friends, belongings, loot etc...is that what you are seeing?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure how we will be accessing the new lands from the existing ones, moongate etc. All I hope is that once we get access we can actually MARK RUNES and be able to recall to various locations. If they make it like Ilshenar where you have to walk everywhere I doubt I will be going there much. Right now I don't see anything worth killing or farming. The tribes have bugger all on em not to mention karma loss, once you have one tiger that is the end of that adventure, and the dinosaurs don't seem to have anything uberly unique to worry about and you can't tame em. If you have to run everywhere over all those little bridges and waterways I guess the attraction will last about 10 mins.

My few attempts at the bar and stuff have so far seemed a bit of a waste of thirty minutes as far as loot goes, not sure what the 'main' items are etc as perhaps I haven't go that far yet, but on first go, unless there is somethign more to it, I doubt I will be doing that much. Pretty disappointing killing pirates, or tree fellows, drakes etc etc for the crap loot they have. The first time I killed all the bar stuff over and over no more spawned and I waited about 3-4 mins no boss arrived or anything then I got booted out with my 3k gold or whatever the pirates had. Please tell me there is more to it than this.

I guess the spawn seems to be the only thing there that may be worth doing, but until that hits production shards I lag too much to test it out. I did run all over the place and was totally disappointed with the fact that it seemed just karma sucking tribes with crap loot, a few dinosaurs and the odd tiger in all that space. Didn't see a pheonix, maybe I missed it or maybe it is only part of the spawn. I guess I was expecting a lot more.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did run all over the place and was totally disappointed with the fact that it seemed just karma sucking tribes with crap loot, a few dinosaurs and the odd tiger in all that space. Didn't see a pheonix, maybe I missed it or maybe it is only part of the spawn. I guess I was expecting a lot more.
There's a lot more to this game than the loot. Sheesh... :rolleyes: :pie:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a lot more to this game than the loot. Sheesh... :rolleyes: :pie:
Really? Do tell :) . Like bashing one pixel monster above another pixel monster gives some better 'feelings or karma or makes one more intelligent or something? Me, I prefer the one that gives the best loot and that it isnt' necessarily gold, but the mob has to have something 'useful' or why bother, may as well just kill the mob that gives the most. So yeah it is about the loot, once you have 'completed' something once (for the experience) unless there is 'more' to it in the way of loot or a chance of a drop or required resources then there is no point to it. It is why I don't see people out killing kappa's all day every day, cause there is better stuff to kill with better loot on it. It is very much about the loot.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You should get teleported out after you win the tower, a short time goes by that allows you to collect your friends, belongings, loot etc...is that what you are seeing?
No man, I beat the encounter and went back in.

A minute later it booted me out without beating it again.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Really? Do tell :) . Like bashing one pixel monster above another pixel monster gives some better 'feelings or karma or makes one more intelligent or something? Me, I prefer the one that gives the best loot and that it isnt' necessarily gold, but the mob has to have something 'useful' or why bother, may as well just kill the mob that gives the most. So yeah it is about the loot, once you have 'completed' something once (for the experience) unless there is 'more' to it in the way of loot or a chance of a drop or required resources then there is no point to it. It is why I don't see people out killing kappa's all day every day, cause there is better stuff to kill with better loot on it. It is very much about the loot.
A thousand times times.

Some of these people around here seem to think it's reasonable to expect thousands of players to run around going "Yay, new monsters to kill that don't have any loot! Yay I'll just stay subscribed for months on end to kill them over and over for no real reason! Oh wow you guys, spamming armor ignore on this thing for an hour and going home empty handed is so adventurous and fun!" and it just doesn't work that way.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Shadowguard...once you've beaten all 5 encounters you will have access to the roof. Once you beat THAT you'll be rewarded with...and I quote from Kyronix *Phat Lootz*. Of which they haven't phattened it up enough so it's not yet in game.

New lands...remember this is just the beginning...they will be adding more stuff to Eodon in the future. Champ spawn with a chance to get a baby turtle..that's awesome yeah?

New clothes, new armor, new craftables, new currency system, new masteries....

No you're right...there's really not much.

*waits patiently for the patch to Origin so I can start working on my castle* :)