• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 3 comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are excited for the third TC1 release of the Time of Legends! Make sure you patch your client before testing anything on TC1. We look forward to seeing you on TC1, if you have any feedback please send it to [email protected]. We will be pushing this tonight so expect TC1 to go down for a short period of time. Please remember this client is not mandatory as of yet, but if you wish to check out all the new and exciting features please make sure you patch up completely. You can check out all the details here, especially the changes […]

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to say....these 2 changes to the bar instance are really freaking awesome!

• There is now a chance that a player who attempts to throw a bottle in the Bar encounter of Shadowguard will be persuaded to drink it instead, causing them to get drunk.
  • Throwing a bottle in the Bar encounter of Shadowguard while inebriated may result in hitting oneself with the bottle.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Moar testing!

Combat Training finally got elaborated, and wow is the description different from what i observed in previous Publish 90 Parts. I couldn't tell what Empowerment did before. I noticed a 20-25% damage increase with Berserk, and an extreme Stam Regen rate during Berserk when the pet was below half health. Consume Damage appeared to severely reduce the amount of damage your pet took, i did notice the higher Health Regen previously.

Gotta wait to finish patching before i can test out Combat Training again.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aloron’s Armor – Named for the great chief of the Kurak Tribe, Aloron’s Armor consists of four pieces made from the pelts of a tiger and when fully equipped provides the wearer with,
  • Mana Increase 15
  • Lower Mana Cost 20%
  • Dinosaur Slayer
  • Self Repair 3
  • Cold Eater 8%
  • Dexterity Bonus 12
  • Stamina Increase 16
  • Stamina Regeneration 12
  • Physical Resist 15%
  • Fire Resist 15%
  • Cold Resist 15%
  • Poison Resist 15%
  • Energy Resist 15%

• 4 piecee armor set that when worn only offers 15% resist?!?!?! I must be missing something somewhere

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aloron’s Armor – Named for the great chief of the Kurak Tribe, Aloron’s Armor consists of four pieces made from the pelts of a tiger and when fully equipped provides the wearer with,
  • Mana Increase 15
  • Lower Mana Cost 20%
  • Dinosaur Slayer
  • Self Repair 3
  • Cold Eater 8%
  • Dexterity Bonus 12
  • Stamina Increase 16
  • Physical Resist 15%
  • Fire Resist 15%
  • Cold Resist 15%
  • Poison Resist 15%
  • Energy Resist 15%

• 4 piecee armor set that when worn only offers 15% resist?!?!?! I must be missing something somewhere
It's 15% per piece, updated the wiki page accordingly. Sorry for the confusion!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some of the new craftables....sorry the picture is all wonky wanted to get it all in one.

the tiger armor looks like you're wearing a tiger halloween costume :/

upload_2015-9-17_21-58-20.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay the changes to the Bar are insanely hilarious!

Then I heard a whistle and I started to take my clothes off! LOL

And I sang...and said *I'm not wasted*

Made it a little bit more challenging....LOVE IT!

Attachments

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
New art looks great!

Any chance we can get them added to blackthorns to make their use a little more practical in today's loot pub? I'd love to fance up my pvp/pvm toons with some new clothing!

Or some other new encounter to get them with the same properties?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay the changes to the Bar are insanely hilarious!

Then I heard a whistle and I started to take my clothes off! LOL

And I sang...and said *I'm not wasted*

Made it a little bit more challenging....LOVE IT!

OMG that made me LOL.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tiger hats?? Oh yes. :banana: Can they be dyed?? Lol, Pink tiger hats.....very avant guard

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Tiger hats?? Oh yes. :banana: Can they be dyed?? Lol, Pink tiger hats.....very avant guard
Yes, they can be dyed with a leather dye tub. I thought they looked awful dyed though--the highlighting was lost in the dying and it really didn't even look like tiger anymore on the avatar.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
New art looks great!

Any chance we can get them added to blackthorns to make their use a little more practical in today's loot pub? I'd love to fance up my pvp/pvm toons with some new clothing!

Or some other new encounter to get them with the same properties?
I asked Kyronix something along these lines last night.

I think that a better way to add clothing variety to Blackthorn's Dungeon (if that's the only way we are going to get it) would be to get "alteration kits" for turning in x amount of artifacts. Kits could be used to change an item from its original graphic to another graphic of the same slot--nothing changed but the graphic.

To me, Blackthorn's artifacts are better for re-introducing powerful and desirable items from the past that no longer spawn. The luck garb for example, or the ranger's cloak which people ask for often. A way to alter items instead of just pouring pages and pages of more items into the already bulky Blackthorn reward menu would be both more practical and more desirable.

I think this should be a skill, not a fighting reward, but since they seem to want this functionality tied to Blackthorn I think this would be a good way to do it.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I asked Kyronix something along these lines last night.

I think that a better way to add clothing variety to Blackthorn's Dungeon (if that's the only way we are going to get it) would be to get "alteration kits" for turning in x amount of artifacts. Kits could be used to change an item from its original graphic to another graphic of the same slot--nothing changed but the graphic.

To me, Blackthorn's artifacts are better for re-introducing powerful and desirable items from the past that no longer spawn. The luck garb for example, or the ranger's cloak which people ask for often. A way to alter items instead of just pouring pages and pages of more items into the already bulky Blackthorn reward menu would be both more practical and more desirable.

I think this should be a skill, not a fighting reward, but since they seem to want this functionality tied to Blackthorn I think this would be a good way to do it.
I don't care how it happens, I just want it to happen :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I see the crafted Tiger suits are a dark orange color, like the tiger pelt, I would love it to look like the Aloron's armor and not like dyed armor

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Aloron’s Armor
  • Mana Increase 15
  • Lower Mana Cost 20%
  • Dinosaur Slayer
  • Self Repair 3
  • Cold Eater 8%
  • Dexterity Bonus 12
  • Stamina Increase 16
  • Physical Resist 15%
  • Fire Resist 15%
  • Cold Resist 15%
  • Poison Resist 15%
  • Energy Resist 15%
This still has less LMC, mana, and dex/stam than four pieces of imbued armor. Even if you keep the stats down to avoid using any important imbuing materials, the imbued set is still tied in stamina and ahead in everything else. You could fit an equal amount of stam regen onto imbued pieces too if you were newbie enough to imbue stam regen, but basically that and the cold eater are nonfactors.

I guess the Dinosaur Slayer thing could be interesting if it can be stacked with Reptile Slayer or something. That is if they remembered to include some compelling reason to kill dinosaurs. But basically, yawn.

Come on devs, even a cheap imbued piece can hit 7 in stam/mana/LMC.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now if only they would make a Metal Tiger helm, that would look so awesome on my Platemail char.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This still has less LMC, mana, and dex/stam than four pieces of imbued armor. Even if you keep the stats down to avoid using any important imbuing materials, the imbued set is still tied in stamina and ahead in everything else. You could fit an equal amount of stam regen onto imbued pieces too if you were newbie enough to imbue stam regen, but basically that and the cold eater are nonfactors.

I guess the Dinosaur Slayer thing could be interesting if it can be stacked with Reptile Slayer or something. That is if they remembered to include some compelling reason to kill dinosaurs. But basically, yawn.

Then do not use it, what's the big deal. We are sorry the DEVs did not consult you on everything they made for the game because so far the DEVs are hitting %100 **** according to you. Alls you do is piss and moan about UO so why do you even bother to post or better yet why do you even play UO.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

Some of us won't wear imbued. So yeah never know what I might appreciate.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I'm hard on armor cause I burn through it. I've heard all the arguments that it will last *forever*. It doesn't. I don't build characters around anything that wears out. Antique, brittle, replica, imbued is all the same to me. Junk.
I'd had the same suit on two characters since 2011, one sampire and one mage, both of whom take a lot of punishment. Both suits still have over 200 durability left on their pieces. All armor, aside from the Virtue set, will wear out eventually...

Granted, I don't find getting most imbuing mats particularly onerous.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, me and 2 other people just did the Dragon Turtle Champ Spawn and killed the Dragon Turtle champ. Only i got the Dragon Turtle Egg, it dropped in my pack. My Tamer/Mage has 2,330 Luck (wonder if that affects it). I also wonder if it only drops in the pack of people with Taming?

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'd had the same suit on two characters since 2011, one sampire and one mage, both of whom take a lot of punishment. Both suits still have over 200 durability left on their pieces. All armor, aside from the Virtue set, will wear out eventually...

Granted, I don't find getting most imbuing mats particularly onerous.
To each their own! I treat imbued as something nice someone messed up, lol.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my feedback for new pub

1. on tame-ables:

on tigers:
in-game feedback from someone that had not been to tc1 yet,

tiger.jpg this is my sentiment exactly

on the dragon turtle:
does it have anything that makes it better than a greater dragon from a pvm perspective?
without something that makes it more desirable, i just don't see how it will overtake g.drags
(with the amount of farming that it takes to get a well-rated pet)

i will still get one, but i'm not sure if i will ever use it.

on non-tameable phoenix:

:(

2. on loot:

a- will there be treasure maps for eodon?

b- i liked where the devs where going when they released imbuable artifacts with one desirable property (other than the scarcity of that mempo!). it's a shame they seem to be going away from that.
is the new armor set imbuable? if not, i see most of the arties as collector-only items.

this ---> http://stratics.com/threads/a-discussion-on-artifacts.350004/

c- where the stealables on the eodon test server for the focus group?
if yes, then i would like to see them on tc1 before publish so that everyone has an equal chance at the first run on their home shards

3. on masteries:

just some comments/thoughts/questions from reading the notes. also including some hopes from before the pub notes were released (i had hoped for counters for an opponent's trapped box/potion/apple, a balancing of magery with weapon skill for pvm - both an equivalent for armor ignore and the ability to use a slayer mage weapon while still impacting spell damage, and some stuff that would just be cool). although i'm sure some of these would imbalance pvp if they were implemented.

only my ignorant opinion/ food for thought

magery- i was hoping for a mastery that would balance with armor ignore for pvm it would be neat if death ray was direct damage, and possibly destroyed trapped boxes

mysticism- does the mystic weapon ability remain active after a disarm? i wish nether blast did direct damage or possibly destroyed trapped boxes (same idea of balancing with armor ignore)

necromancy- i wish that the command undead summons would remain until they are destroyed by combat. also, it would be very cool if a necromancer could raise a dead mount and then ride it (or maybe that could replace exorcism) - call it unholy steed

spellweaving- i think using the mastery as an answer to getting an arcane focus on less-populated shards is a great idea. mana shield would be better if it reflected the damage back like rpd

enchanted summoning- instead of buffing summons, i wish they gave a substantial cf-buff to spells that specifically belonged to that mastery.

bushido- i think anticipate hit should also give some sort of damage buff to counterattack. warcry could fizzle attacks and spells within a radius around the caster

chivalry- i think it makes more sense if rejuvenate was to be based on karma instead of weapon skill. it would be nice if holy fist had an area effect around the target of dispel evil (range based on karma and mastery level)

ninjitsu- shadow could also allow a greater distance while running in stealth (maybe indefinitely). i hoped that you would be able to use specials/cast non-ninjitsu spells while in animal form with this mastery.

intuition- seems pretty good. i just think the name could be better

archery- flaming shot should have an ssi penalty. it could require oil to be applied to a quiver (similar to applying poison to weapons) instead of using mana. it should also have a chance to destroy a trapped box

fencing- thrust could fizzle a potion or bandage. pierce seems op in pvm

mace fighting- stagger should give a sleep/splinter walk effect or short fc penalty and chance at destroying a trapped box. i wish they would replace toughness with a passive ssi buff and ability to drink potions with two-handed, non-balanced weapons (maybe call it momentum control)

swordsmanship- focused eye could be hit lower attack effect instead of hci buff

throwing- called shot should give an hla effect with a chance at disrupting a potion/bandage

saving throw- i wish magery with mage weapons and mysticism with mystic weapons in this were also included in this

parrying- shield bash could provide a temporary hit lower attack effect instead of paralyzing the opponent (reactive paralyze already exists on shields)

poisoning- could injected strike somehow include wrestling? (maybe allowing it's application to gloves) potency should increase the speed (timing change- less ticks in between)

wrestling- it would be nice if this mastery applied an hci buff. does the rampage cf bonus go over the item cap? knockout damage bonus should roll into rampage and be replaced with an ability that did a temporary freeze on potions/apples/bandages for a short duration following a successful hit (joint lock)

animal taming- i wish boarding was replaced with a 6th control slot (master legendary tamers should be able to control more beasts than other characters)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe it's a nice suit for a young warrior, special if not to hard to get from spawn or player vendors. A young warrior don't need max of LMC to play.
I think a suit for young mages would be nice too, think ful suit should have something like 50 in all resist, 80 LRC, some mana increase/int increase and a slayer.

I know alot are collection suits and want them to stay somewhat rare. I believe useful the armor suits should be easier to get, as they could help young players getting use to the game as putting together a suit from spawn, an imbued suit or a artifact suit can be expensive for a young player.

I like it only have 4 pieces, then a young player can mix it with magic stuff from loot or a few imbued pieces. It will still not be a PvP suit, but sure a nice suit for a player new to the game, who get confuse of all the mods we have. It will help him get use to the mods and find out what he want to build a perfect suit for him.

Maybe some of the old armor suit need a little love to fit the game we have today.

True but a player new to the game will be lucky to have some useful suits, even when not maxed out. I don't think this suits are meant for PvP players or power gamers who always run maxed out suits.
If each dungeon/spawn had a useful, not maxed out suit, I believe it would be a great add to the game. Evt tweak some of the old suit. Some of them only need a better resist and maybe a mod more to be used again

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I guess I'm hard on armor cause I burn through it. I've heard all the arguments that it will last *forever*. It doesn't. I don't build characters around anything that wears out. Antique, brittle, replica, imbued is all the same to me. Junk.
The thing with imbuing is that you can make a very reasonable suit for almost nothing. You can slap together a suit with up to like 7 LMC, 7 stam, 7 mana on each piece without even using any exotic ingredients. Once you have the skills, all it takes is some ingots, some gems, maybe some relic frags. Nothing.

Don't even bother with powder of fortification. It's so cheap you can just make them two at a time and throw them away when they wear out. And you're still talking about an LMC capped suit with 40+ of all the important stats on it. Maybe your main characters want something fancier, but it's a great way to kit out alts.

Then do not use it, what's the big deal. We are sorry the DEVs did not consult you on everything they made for the game because so far the DEVs are hitting %100 **** according to you. Alls you do is piss and moan about UO so why do you even bother to post or better yet why do you even play UO.
If there's one problem the design of this game has had over the last five years it's that the developers do not know how to properly incentivize players in a system like UO where there are no level caps to raise and thus no easy way to reset the player power curve once every year or two the way WoW does, and this is another example of this problem.

There needs to be something to get in Eodon that makes people go "Holy crap I really want that!" and unless you're a tamer I just don't see what that is yet.

I mean I come back from being gone and when I get here the Shadowlords have been made killable bosses, the actual Shadowlords, and I don't even find out until I'm on this forum because nobody in game has even mentioned their existence. How could this possibly be? I look up their artifacts and sure enough it's just another set of crappy leechless PVM weapons thrown out there to be forgotten.

They need to stop fretting so much about making an artifact overpowered and just churn out some stuff someone actually wants. Mudflation is better than stagnation. Go make the cheap imbued set I was telling Lucky to make and consider that the baseline. If an artifact isn't better than that, why should it exist?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
my feedback for new pub
Tigers, I see a problem with rideable as long they have same color as the vet reward mounts, will be hard to see if a player in Fel or on Siege are sitting on a PvP mount or an vet reward mount.
Maybe the tiger pet should show i a different color, when used as mount.

Dragon turtle:
- does it have anything that makes it better than a greater dragon from a pvm perspective?
Maybe give it less magic but let it bite harder if you get to close to it. Make it less mage but more warrior.

Masteries:

- magery- i was hoping for a mastery that would balance with armor ignore for pvm it would be neat if death ray was direct damage, and possibly destroyed trapped boxes
Leave trapped boxes in peace please :p They help making a fight last longer.

- necromancy- i wish that the command undead summons would remain until they are destroyed by combat. also, it would be very cool if a necromancer could raise a dead mount and then ride it (or maybe that could replace exorcism) - call it unholy steed
I believe it would make it to powerful with longer control time. Necromances can already raise a dead mount from Nightmare, Paragon Kirin, Paragon Unicorn, maybe add a few more if mastery is active.

- archery- flaming shot should have an ssi penalty. it could require oil to be applied to a quiver (similar to applying poison to weapons) instead of using mana. it should also have a chance to destroy a trapped box
You really hate trapped boxes I see. I'm an archer, I don't need to be able to destroy trapped boxes and having to run around with oil would be annoying. A mage do not need oil to make a fire field. I think archery mastery it's fine as it is, it's already capped in PvP

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read somewhere that the Special berries you get from the champ spawn in Eodon you can feed to your Dragonturtle, thus training it in specific resists.
So imagine no you can now train a GD with a maxed resist? I think that tops the scales into the DT camp.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I find it a wasted opportunity to have given Chivalry holy fist as one of it's masteries instead of AoE effect that would cause all monsters within range to drop their aggro on other characters to aggro on the paladin.
UO tanks really lacks an ability to take aggro away from another player and bring it to them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it's a nice suit for a young warrior, special if not to hard to get from spawn or player vendors. A young warrior don't need max of LMC to play.
I think a suit for young mages would be nice too, think ful suit should have something like 50 in all resist, 80 LRC, some mana increase/int increase and a slayer.
Guarantee you it will be hard to get. Nothing is easy to get when you don't lose items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing with imbuing is that you can make a very reasonable suit for almost nothing. You can slap together a suit with up to like 7 LMC, 7 stam, 7 mana on each piece without even using any exotic ingredients. Once you have the skills, all it takes is some ingots, some gems, maybe some relic frags. Nothing.
I always thought this skill goes way too far. when you can, as you say, make a 90%+ good suit and not only that but one with exactly the mods you want, it makes it pretty hard to wow people with new items. Especially when there are some "must have" stats and some "useless" weapons and artifacts are too frequently lacking the former and in the form of the later.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it a wasted opportunity to have given Chivalry holy fist as one of it's masteries instead of AoE effect that would cause all monsters within range to drop their aggro on other characters to aggro on the paladin.
UO tanks really lacks an ability to take aggro away from another player and bring it to them.
I'd like that to be a parry ability. Take aggro and gain some damage absorption or DCI or something.