• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 2 comes to TC1

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the idea of a wrestler would be really fun, but clearly they have decided this mastery will be 100% useless against anything outside of like orcs. Oh well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you post a ss or stats :)
Wamap's Bone Earrings: 40% protection from (seemingly) random Eodon monster. This is actually potentially useful.

Balakai's Shama Staff:
Wildstaff
+10 med
MW -10
SC
Enhance potions 10%.

Lerei's Hunting Spear:
Long Spear
Hit Curse 10%
Reptile Slayer
Hit Mana Leech 50%
HCI 15%
DI 60%

Jumu's Sacred Hide:
Cape
Fire eater 10%
FCR 1
Fire resist 5%

Grugor's Shield:
Wooden shield
Strength bonus 10
SI 10
HPR 5
+4 in all resists.

Halawa's Hunting Bow
Yumi
Eodon Slayer
Velocity 60%
HCI 20%
SSI 45%
DI 60%

Moctapotl's Obsidian Sword
Paladin Sword
Hit Harm 50%
Hit Physical Area: 50%
Hit Stamina Leeche 100%
Splintering Weapon 20%
SSI 40%
DI 75%

Cape will be desirable, spear is useable potentially slightly better than an imbued spear, shield has nice str and stam bounus, but I wouldn't trade it for any of my looted shields, staff is pretty much pure RP, bow/sword underwhelming with no ML.

I miss the days of the Orny when you see an artifact and go "wow... that's awesome, I really want that item!" rather than "Oh, well... that might be usable in some suits".

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still want to know what Eodon slayer is....will it slay the whole map? :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That staff would be way better with +15 or +20 med and 3 or 6 MR.
The shield I can see myself using it in one or two of my fighters.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix what i find interesting is the anatomy of the dragon turtle... it has flippers instead of feet - okay - so it must be aquatic. Since having flippers, it should be rather slow and sloppy moving on land, but I've seen these move rather quickly. Makes no sense really.

Has anyone tried to take their little hatchling onto water? I'd expect it to move lickity split with those flippers.

Is this creature only to be found on land? If so, the anatomy makes no sense which equates to immersion kill...

*sigh*

Is this the turtle we were to supposedly summon in Ilshenar for a ride? Yeah, that was a long long time ago (KR client...)
In a former life I worked in a public aquarium where we had, among other things, terrestrial, aquatic, and marine turtles. What I can assure you is that despite having just flippers, an aquatic/marine turtle can still get to where it wants to go in quite a hurry if it so decides (especially when they are small, and particularly when you are lifting them out of the water and needing them to stay still to weigh them or give them vet checkups). I can also assure you that their bite, when landed full force on your bum is quite painful. And since this post would be worthless without pics,

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That turtle looks so not amused with your brush. :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I can totally see you working with Turtles.

And my cousin has many many amphibious critters, I can attest to their speed when they want to get away lol.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That turtle looks so not amused with your brush. :D
Interestingly enough that particular turtle was blinded in a frostbite incident and was spending her days living in our aquarium. She absolutely loved when you would scrub her shell, so much so that she eventually equated the sound of bubbles from the divers to...HEY IT'S SHELL SCRUBBING TIME. The majority of the time we spent in the tanks was to scrub algae off the wall, and maybe we'd spend a few minutes at the end scrubbing her shell. She wanted none of that though, and would constantly swim into you while trying to clean the algae in an effort to get some scrubby time. If you ignored her long enough, well she made sure her presence was known and would take a nip at you hehe.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You need to check apples names and remember (write down) where you pick it from. There is pattern.
I can already feel myself getting bored.

At least I'll never have to do it since the artifacts are mostly garbage.

@Kyronix do you guys actually play UO? Can you show us the gear on your main? Because every artifact you guys produce looks like something that would have been considered powerful ten years ago. Remember that first set of Void Pool artifacts, the ones that were just Doom arties with one extra mod each? And everyone on the forum laughed and cried until you went and changed them to the current set? I think that was the point where I realized nobody on the dev team knew what good gear looked like in their own game.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can already feel myself getting bored.

At least I'll never have to do it since the artifacts are mostly garbage.

@Kyronix do you guys actually play UO? Can you show us the gear on your main? Because every artifact you guys produce looks like something that would have been considered powerful ten years ago. Remember that first set of Void Pool artifacts, the ones that were just Doom arties with one extra mod each? And everyone on the forum laughed and cried until you went and changed them to the current set? I think that was the point where I realized nobody on the dev team knew what good gear looked like in their own game.
If you'd like to come on to TC1 and check them out and offer some feedback, be glad to listen. Or you can send us your feedback to [email protected].

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Interaction with banking systems.
@Kyronix
Thank you for not having that currency gump appear every time we say bank. :)
However, it is not clear how to activate the currency gump - only because I did request it be activated via the context menu of the banker did I get it.

Is it possible to change "Open Bankbox" to "Bank Services"?
That will open the bank box and bring up the currency gump as expected.

I still think "Bank Actions" isn't the correct terminology to use. "Bank Services" would help with the overall experience.

Further, instead of saying "Balance" in the game resulting in our net worth broadcast to whomever is in the area, I think it would serve better to have those balances displayed on the Bank Services gump.

Thank you for putting the "Total Gold" up there, but it really is only the liquid assets that is displayed, not the actual total of all gold held on a certain account on a particular shard. Would be prime to know the other balances as well that the Banker would know of, ie: Secure Account, Transfer Account, etc. The Banker wouldn't necessarily know what is in the Wall Safe, so I can see that not being displayed.

And now lemme throw you for a loop.

IRL banking doesn't use the term "Secure Account" for all accounts are secure. :)
I can see it making better sense to change that to "Savings Account" - after all, that is the purpose of a Savings Account - you don't touch that money as it is being saved for something. So perhaps a few changes as such...

I purpose to simplify things a bit by using single letters to represent the currency:
g = Gold
p = Platinum

And the gump itself could be arranged in a way to make it easier to interact with (and make more sense). Of course, use your own fonts. :)

I'm thinking of the New Player Experience, after all I do intend to drag a few friends into UO soon.

Thanks!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I hate to ask a stupid question, but as all of this set of stuff is now on TC, does that mean aaaalllll the stuff from part one is now live on prodo shards?

I literally just reactivated the first of three accounts and downloaded client onto this laptop last night. Hotel wifi (business) does not a perfect spawning connection make. I am going to be taking it slow.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
In a former life I worked in a public aquarium where we had, among other things, terrestrial, aquatic, and marine turtles. What I can assure you is that despite having just flippers, an aquatic/marine turtle can still get to where it wants to go in quite a hurry if it so decides (especially when they are small, and particularly when you are lifting them out of the water and needing them to stay still to weigh them or give them vet checkups). I can also assure you that their bite, when landed full force on your bum is quite painful. And since this post would be worthless without pics,

Oh, I'm sure they can move when they wanna. I watch honu here in Hawaii all the time when I go to the beach or snorkeling. There is a marked difference in speed however between land and sea. :p You have to admit to that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Interestingly enough that particular turtle was blinded in a frostbite incident and was spending her days living in our aquarium. She absolutely loved when you would scrub her shell, so much so that she eventually equated the sound of bubbles from the divers to...HEY IT'S SHELL SCRUBBING TIME. The majority of the time we spent in the tanks was to scrub algae off the wall, and maybe we'd spend a few minutes at the end scrubbing her shell. She wanted none of that though, and would constantly swim into you while trying to clean the algae in an effort to get some scrubby time. If you ignored her long enough, well she made sure her presence was known and would take a nip at you hehe.

No way! LOL That's so awesome! I bet you had a blast at that job! To think Turtles would have such distinct personalities is awesome.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okay, I hate to ask a stupid question, but as all of this set of stuff is now on TC, does that mean aaaalllll the stuff from part one is now live on prodo shards?

I literally just reactivated the first of three accounts and downloaded client onto this laptop last night. Hotel wifi (business) does not a perfect spawning connection make. I am going to be taking it slow.
Nothing is on prodo shards yet

they did it in two parts to TC to test things, tweak, then update.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Larisa .. are the war tigers in a certain location? Do they spawn normal or is it like the cus where you have to kill and get one to spawn? Thanks :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was there anything in the concept docs that updated or impacted other areas. I did read about the mastery thingies dropping from spawns and some boss types. For what it is worth I also would like to see peerless experiences included in some way whether ML or SA in nature.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa .. are the war tigers in a certain location? Do they spawn normal or is it like the cus where you have to kill and get one to spawn? Thanks :)
When you enter the Eodon gate, if you go West the tigers are all around that area just wandering around all the way up west to the water.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Random publish comments...

Spirituality - Why would gaining Spirituality lower one's Compassion? I understand the game mechanic reason, but fictionally its an oxymoron.

Eodon Slayer - (Whatever it does) Why just for archery? Skill-specific slayers are just a bad design idea. Please make all slayers available to all "classes."

Mastery books - Please don't make these Powerscrolls 2.0. Either expand the mobs they will drop on greatly (include peerless, renowned, Cora, Corgul, Slasher, Scalis. super rare drop on ships, etc) or give us an alternative way to quest for them.

Wall Safe - Neat idea! Needs two more security settings though (well, every securable thing does, honestly) Guild and Alliance. On GL we help with the cost of events, but meeting up isn't always possible with differing schedules, now we can't drop off checks in a mailbox, and not everyone is friended to everyone else's buildings. Guild and Alliance security settings would make things a lot easier.

Humility - Can this please get a non tamer-only use?

And thank you for changing the plate! “The Stranger Shatters the Gem of Immortality” Much better!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Random publish comments...

Spirituality - Why would gaining Spirituality lower one's Compassion? I understand the game mechanic reason, but fictionally its an oxymoron.

Eodon Slayer - (Whatever it does) Why just for archery? Skill-specific slayers are just a bad design idea. Please make all slayers available to all "classes."

Mastery books - Please don't make these Powerscrolls 2.0. Either expand the mobs they will drop on greatly (include peerless, renowned, Cora, Corgul, Slasher, Scalis. super rare drop on ships, etc) or give us an alternative way to quest for them.

Wall Safe - Neat idea! Needs two more security settings though (well, every securable thing does, honestly) Guild and Alliance. On GL we help with the cost of events, but meeting up isn't always possible with differing schedules, now we can't drop off checks in a mailbox, and not everyone is friended to everyone else's buildings. Guild and Alliance security settings would make things a lot easier.

Humility - Can this please get a non tamer-only use?

And thank you for changing the plate! “The Stranger Shatters the Gem of Immortality” Much better!
Thanks for the feedback!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think it's archer-specific, just happens to be on the arty bow, I'm sure it's available on all weapons.

Also for the tigers...this is one I lored before and after tame.

After loring around 20ish tigers, this is the one with the highest HP.

upload_2015-9-12_19-23-30.png

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
!
I bolded the part I really like.... not a fan of this being a boss drop as the sale of those not wanted just kills the entire "mastery" concept imo.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Top of Eodon! Is this area going to have something? I found a break in the trees, not sure if it is an intentional path.

upload_2015-9-12_21-7-17.png

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

I'm really interested in wrestling being an at least somewhat viable combat skills, so I've been trying to work with it, and right now its woefully under powered. The main problem is that the damage is far far too low in pvm. To the point that it's simply not an option. You really can't fight anything below new player level, and even then it's slow.
I haven't gotten a chance to test it out with full damage modifier and increase (because im from siege so I can't import a character to test) which will be hard to acomplish with no weapon, but just sort of figuring in my head even at max the damage the bonus for pvm needs to be quite a bit higher. like 300% (or higher) rather than 100%. Even then it would be at a great disadvantage vs weapons not only in damage but in utility as wrestlers lack the slayers and other helpful properties. Bottom line, the damage boost has to increase if you want people to use it even just for fun. I would also add in a chance for hits doing direct damage, as that seems like a good "specialty" for wrestling.

My second big problem is that the specials disarm you. I would assume most wrestling warriors would be using a shield, and its super annoying to have to reequip your shield constantly. I don't see why these skills should disarm you.

Third, Rampage breaking when you miss realllllly limits it's utility. Keep the "if a spell gets disrupted" but drop the "if you miss or are parried" aside from the casting focus this ability is not that powerful, certainly not so powerful that it needs to be so limited. I think a warrior wrestler should be using this ability a lot, and if it gets dropped constantly, it's just not worth it.

I personally would have left fists of fury as it was, as it was pretty much THE offensive ability for a wrestler. As it is now, you potentially hit more, but it's focused on you taking damage, which you generally hope to avoid, especially with no health leeches from weapons.

Anyway, I'd REALLY like to play a barefist fighter character even if it was clearly inferior to weapons, but it has to be at least somewhat functional.

Vermin

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix

As another option for Masteries, could they not be added to the level 6 and 7 T-maps? There is minimal reward incentive to do T-maps now that forged pardons are next to worthless, and adding the Masteries as an alternative to Champ Spawns would certainly make it worth digging again (at least until the market is saturated).

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The artifacts are newbie garbage as usual and the skill books drop from existing content. Someone remind me why we're supposed to want to even go to Eodon other than to look around and go "WOW NEW" for a few days.

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix

I think that the masteries should be taught by the masters of each skill. For instance, if I want to learn the masteries in Necromancy, I would go speak to a legendary necromancer in Eodon or wherever you'd put her. She would send me on a quest chain that is similar to Spellweaving. Let me earn the specific mastery volume according to my characters skill and not leave it completely to chance by putting them on bosses. I have to farm Eodon creatures to get better at my skills? That doesn't hold water.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the map complete? Its a bit rough around the edges (water). Also I managed to run for ages whilst not running into anything but some birds, needs more spawn in places.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the map complete? Its a bit rough around the edges (water). Also I managed to run for ages whilst not running into anything but some birds, needs more spawn in places.

Not complete, no. Thankfully! Think it says so in the patch notes :)

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The artifacts are newbie garbage as usual and the skill books drop from existing content. Someone remind me why we're supposed to want to even go to Eodon other than to look around and go "WOW NEW" for a few days.
Dr Mr Spock's Beard,
With the greatest respect possible, are you sure UO is the game for you? You do seem to be having the most fearfully rotten time..all the time!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are sorry that you are not satisfied with your purchase and will gladly refund the purchase price to you. Here is your check for ZERO DOLLARS, have a nice day.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking for my berrrrrriesss....

I found my berrries!!!

(the above is unrelated to these berries)

From the Champ Spawn with the Greater Phoenix.

upload_2015-9-13_10-43-10.png

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix

Hey man, you can't advance in The Roof instance because there is a string error after you kill Juo'nor.

ERROR (Megacliloc) : StringId Not Found : 0

I've sent uo@broadsword an email with a couple screenshots.

We had to help stuck out because the instance/encounter didnt end.

eta: Went back after to do it solo and it threw another string error and didnt even spawn the first minion of minax.

Appears there should be four minions, virtuebane, Ozymandias, and juo,nar are all spawning correctly the fourth isnt.

Last edited: