• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO.Com] Publish 90 Part 2 comes to TC1

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ilshenar and southern Britannia were precisely what I had in mind... difficult navigation would add to the prehistoric world setting in my opinion.
Sent some locations by PM!
Why I rarely set foot in Ilshenar, you have to get 15 screens ahead of a paragon to have time to prep and fire an ebolt before it catches you and interrupts the spell, that's a serious pita. When every bush, tree, bird, rabbit, and weed stops you cold, you might as well stop playing a hunting area. Good thing this expansion is free.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My feedback on the environment of the Valley of Eodon itself:

- The Valley of Eodon doesn't fully feel like a lush, pristine lost world setting to me. I'm not sure exactly why... Maybe the forests and jungles need more trees, bushes and undergrowth? Maybe the spawn of normal animals is too sparse?
Hopefully this can be addressed in the next round of worldbuilding.

- Is there any point to the six different native tribes, or are they just aggressive mobs? I would expect some way to befriend them to get tribe-specific quests, etc... Maybe I should try with savage kin paint next time. The native villages are also lacking in decoration, hopefully this will also be added in worldbuilding.
EDIT: the natives are still hostile if you apply savage kin paint.

- Are the greater phoenix and infernus spawning naturally, or are they only part of the champ spawn? I looked for them in the volcanic area but I couldn't find them, maybe I missed them.
PULEEZE don't add more stuff in the jungles or elsewhere to have to run around, never yet heard or saw a player that liked to get killed because he got stuck for just long enough for a monster to catch and kill him and besides that, it's just plain infuriating. The cliffs in Eodon sure should give you enough obstacles, play around them if you want to be blocked and trapped.
If you want to make it more lush and junglelike, add stuff like tall grass and bushes and stuff that shows jungle but doesn't block movement.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why I rarely set foot in Ilshenar, you have to get 15 screens ahead of a paragon to have time to prep and fire an ebolt before it catches you and interrupts the spell, that's a serious pita. When every bush, tree, bird, rabbit, and weed stops you cold, you might as well stop playing a hunting area. Good thing this expansion is free.
There are a ton of plants that don't block movment. There are at least 5 different ferns, many different grasses, mushrooms, and a lot of other random plants that would look just fine in a jungle. Just don't put in the stupid twigs and it would be fine. It would probably require by hand world building, but oh no...

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I seriously want to know what the deal is with that staff and some of the other worthless artifacts.

Like do the devs think those items are desirable?
Or do they think it's fine for content to "reward" non-desirable items?

I mean ONE of those two things must be true, right? If it's the first one then they're horribly out of touch, and if it's the second then I don't even know what to say.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seriously want to know what the deal is with that staff and some of the other worthless artifacts.

Like do the devs think those items are desirable?
Or do they think it's fine for content to "reward" non-desirable items?

I mean ONE of those two things must be true, right? If it's the first one then they're horribly out of touch, and if it's the second then I don't even know what to say.
Seriously... they give us Fists of Fury for a wrestling mastery and you wonder which option it is...?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kinda disappointed that Dragon turtles are so "cartoony" looking. They don't look like they belong in UO when next to some other pets.....like a Greater Dragon, cant really explain it but they look like they should be in an Korean MMO and not UO.
They are to big when fully grown also, makes size proportions out of synch.
Resurrecting an old thread here, that was my first impression too, that the turtles are Mario looking. Then I saw this sea turtle photo the SC Aquarium posted the other day and thought they are cartoony looking in real life. @Kyronix
turtles.jpg

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually wrote on the FB page I think I found what narks me so much about the Dragon Turtle, it's perspective is a different angle to the ground it walk on so it looks "weird".

Tame Misha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
does anyone know if the new Housing Craftables can be made exeptional with a mark?

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually wrote on the FB page I think I found what narks me so much about the Dragon Turtle, it's perspective is a different angle to the ground it walk on so it looks "weird".
I dont know why they have so many issues with this.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still cant see any dinosaurs. Only tribes living in camps. Where is my T-REX??? :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dinosaurs live in the swamps in the northwest. No T-rex though, the closest thing is the Allosaurus

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kewl!

Thanks. Ran around about 20 min and didnt find any dinos. My son will love the Allosaurus!