• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 To All Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Oct 20 19:10 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

We will be publishing all shards starting tomorrow morning, all shards will receive Publish 87 during your normal maintenance cycles, European shards will get this tomorrow afternoon during their normal maintenance cycles. Since we have been so late this year with Halloween and Anniversary rewards we have turned them back on. The 17th Anniversary Gifts will be turned back on and can be claimed until November 18, at 11:59 pm. Halloween Trick or Treating will be available until server up on November 19, 2014. Treasures of Doom will continue until server up on December 1, 2014. Enjoy everyone!!!

Halloween – Treasures of Doom

• Visit the Research Camp located outside of the Dungeon Doom in Malas to learn about an archeological investigation. You can also resurrect at the camp.

• Slaying monsters inside Dungeon Doom gives a chance for an Artifact of Doom to drop in the players backpack. Luck and creature difficulty will positively influence the chance at receiving an artifact of doom, being hidden will decrease the chance at receiving an artifact of doom.

• Artifacts of Doom can be turned into the NPC at the research camp in exchange for,

• [Your Character’s Name]’s Lantern of Light

• Tincture of Silver – can be applied to weapons, spellbooks, and certain instruments to give a slayer bonus against creatures within Doom, while becoming vulnerable to undead.

• Antique Documents Kit – crafting ingredient required for the crating of “Prophetic Manuscripts”

• Reward Title Deeds – Usable deed that will grant the users various titles

• The Atoned

• Defender of the Living

• Preserver of the Faith

• Crook of Humility – A Shepherd’s Crook

• Veterinary +10

• Wolf Slayer

• Spell Channeling

• Intelligence + 10

• Damage Increase -20%

• Scepter of Pride - Scepter

• Demon Slayer

• Undead Slayer

• Hit Stamina Leech 70%

• Hit Life Leech 70%

• Hit Mana Leech 70%

• Swing Speed Increase 30%

• Cloak of Light – Cloak

• Hit Point Regeneration 2

• Night Sight

• Hit Chance Increase 5%

• Boots of Escaping

• Dexterity Bonus 4

• Stamina Regeneration 1

• Sterling Silver Ring

• Meditation +20

• Hit Point Regeneration 3

• Mana Regeneration 5

• Damage Increase 75%

• Additional +20 skill bonus applied by double clicking the ring and selecting from the available skills

• Prophetic Manuscripts

• Craftable via the Inscription menu under “Other”

• Requires ancient parchments (10), wood pulp (10), antique documents kit (1), and beeswax (5).

• Failure will only consume ancient parchments, wood pulp, and beeswax.

• There are 5 different prophetic manuscript texts, randomly assigned when successfully crafted.

• Treasures of Doom will be available for a limited time during the Halloween season, and recur with various tweaks in successive years.
Halloween – Trick or Treating

• Three new monster skulls have been added to Trick or Treating! Trick or Treating will be available during the remainder of the month of October.
Enhanced Client Bug Fixes

• Switching to legacy containers no longer makes the contents invisible
  • Fixed odd visible lines above the targeting window
  • Vendor Search Gump now functions properly
  • Container auto loot no longer breaks after you use it for awhile
  • Disabled icons no longer prevent users from using spells/skills/actions on hotbar
  • Advanced health bars are no longer locked by default
  • Bug report window once again closes when submitting issues
  • Advanced health bar properly changes hue based on health bar state
  • Borders can once again be placed on hotbar items
  • Buff/Debuff Icons now properly scale with bar
  • Buff/Debuff icons no longer display over all UI elements
  • Maneuvering the atlas around the world no longer will crash client
  • Fixed long pause when opening containers
  • Paperdoll window, target window, buff bars, and status bar can no longer go outside of the game window
  • Default UI Scale is now set to 1 from 0.85
  • Enable auto run is set on by default
  • Main menu action is now on the hotbar for newly created user profiles
Bug Fixes

• All players who are currently flagged as Vice vs Virtue participants will have a one time reprieve and the flag will be removed.

• Non Vice vs Virtue players that find themselves in a VvV battle city will have a new option on the warning gump to teleport them to the nearest moongate.

• VvV participation flag for non-VvV players will now be removed after 8 hours, or the participant is killed by a VvV player, whichever comes first.

• The “Unwieldy” (Items with higher than normal weights) will no longer have a chance to spawn in MIB chests.

• The loot in MIB chests will now have a higher base budget for creating magic items.

• Some situations where traps and locks were being applied to containers inside of City & Justice regions will no longer happen.

• Trade Quest crates will now be able to hold up to 550 stones and have 75% weight reduction.

• Silver points are no longer awarded to VvV players when occupying a city.

• VvV Cannon Turret cost has been reduced from 5000 to 3000 silver points.

• VvV Trap cost has been reduced from 500 to 250 silver points.

• VvV Mana Spike cost has been reduced from 2500 to 1000 points.

• VvV Mana Spike effect duration has been increased from 20 to 60 seconds.

• Trader Quest participants will no longer be able to sacred journey to a ship rune.

• Trade orders should no longer have a chance to include items with duplicate names

• Items inside a trade order crate will no longer be purchased by shop keepers.

• Spellweaving summons no longer cause a player to flag as a criminal when they are attacked by a VvV player

• Ship cargo containers will no longer be locked or trapped.

• Certain items that had missing default names will no longer be improperly placed inside of a trade crate when using “Fill from Backpack.”

• The “Unwieldy” property will no longer spawn on items that can be stolen from various containers.

Continue reading...

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Oct 20 19:10 GMT

Greetings Everyone,

We will be publishing all shards starting tomorrow morning, all shards will receive Publish 87 during your normal maintenance cycles, European shards will get this tomorrow afternoon during their normal maintenance cycles.
@Kyronix

This means the European shards will get it at wednesday morning (european time) - at the normal maintance???

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 different prophetic manuscript texts

what are these? just deco? anyone have an image?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I REALLY wish you would consider the drop rate for the doom Halloween artifacts. This time of year is busy for a lot of us and from what I've read and heard....1-2 artifacts an hour of constant monster killing is just a plain out grindfest. Now picture that on larger populated shards and it doesn't sound fun at all. :(

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they did bump the drop rate. or are you saying that is the bumped rate?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i built a new suit with loads of luck and crazy stats. using all the new properties and awesome loot the devs have painstakingly put into the game i plan of Whirlwinding 5 dark fathers at a time, clearing out doom non stop fast and getting like 1000 arties YAY ! very cool. some of items are even actually useable. the mace is really bad but good for noob character / auto-attackter. cloak is a good mid-range option. boots are sweet. ring opens up some gear options. very cool stuff im excited to get killing.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I REALLY wish you would consider the drop rate for the doom Halloween artifacts. This time of year is busy for a lot of us and from what I've read and heard....1-2 artifacts an hour of constant monster killing is just a plain out grindfest. Now picture that on larger populated shards and it doesn't sound fun at all. :(
I tested it a bit on Origin, with 220 luck my tamer got 1-2 a hr. With 1220 luck my myst mage got 6 a hr... It's just a matter of killing as much as possible in least time... Or killing high end monsters...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To put it into perspective, the "guaranteed reward point" (which is the base for ToT-esque events) system uses a value called "frequency" to control how odds are calculated based on the amount of points your character has accumulated. The lower the value, the better your odds at a drop, the lower your creature points. For Treasures of Tokuno that value was 44, for Blackthorn's Dungeon that value is 22, and for Treasures of Doom that value is 1. The way the GRP system works is that each creature you kill awards a pool of points based on their fame. That pool is distributed among players on the creatures "top attacker" list (which accounts for damage received, damage dealt, and damage healed). As you kill creatures you accumulate points, and the more points you have, the closer the chance of you getting an Artifact of Doom approaches 1 in 1. As mentioned in the patch notes, luck plays a role, and being hidden will reduce the amount of points awarded (this has been that way since Treasures of Tokuno).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Could I PLEASE, get my account age back!?!?! It's been missing in the EC since the new UI went live. I can't stand not knowing how old I am!!!

And what about that stinking target window defaulting back to the top center of my screen every time I log in!?!

And how about the fix for my skills? No mention of that? Am I still not going to have my skill tracker open and properly updating.... I so miss it.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Kyronix. But 5 weeks? Honestly? I got 2 little childs and a hard job. I am really disappointed. How shall I find enough time in 5 weeks? That is not fair. This is an offer for unemployed, addicted, retired people or millionaires. January 01 would have been okay. But 5 weeks? Bah... :talktothehand:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
VvV Players who are hidden will not count towards occupying a city.
Does that include the thieves that are stealthing, stealing Sigils and turning them in? Hope not...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The character profile page in the EC is uneditable, and half the time once you open it you then can't close it.

EC RPers would like this functional.
And it doesn't show you your account age.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
..... pool is distributed among players on the creatures "top attacker" list (which accounts for damage received, damage dealt, and damage healed).
Are Tamers or Mystics penalized for using pets or summons?

..... As mentioned in the patch notes, ... being hidden will reduce the amount of points awarded...
Could you PLEASE say more regarding this. For instance, if I'm surrounded by mobs and I invis/hide to get the agro off me and then continue killing, will that knock points off me for kills?
Or - are you targeting the stealth/tamer here - or what? Kindly give us a bit more info on the hiding.

Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To put it into perspective, the "guaranteed reward point" (which is the base for ToT-esque events) system uses a value called "frequency" to control how odds are calculated based on the amount of points your character has accumulated. The lower the value, the better your odds at a drop, the lower your creature points. For Treasures of Tokuno that value was 44, for Blackthorn's Dungeon that value is 22, and for Treasures of Doom that value is 1. The way the GRP system works is that each creature you kill awards a pool of points based on their fame. That pool is distributed among players on the creatures "top attacker" list (which accounts for damage received, damage dealt, and damage healed). As you kill creatures you accumulate points, and the more points you have, the closer the chance of you getting an Artifact of Doom approaches 1 in 1. As mentioned in the patch notes, luck plays a role, and being hidden will reduce the amount of points awarded (this has been that way since Treasures of Tokuno).
Numbers like 44 or 22 or 1 say nothing without knowledge how they used.

The lower the value, the better your odds at a drop - this part I understand.
the lower your creature points - this one is cryptic.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Are Tamers or Mystics penalized for using pets or summons?

Could you PLEASE say more regarding this. For instance, if I'm surrounded by mobs and I invis/hide to get the agro off me and then continue killing, will that knock points off me for kills?
Or, are you targeting the stealth/tamer here, or what? Kindly give us a bit more info on the hiding.
There are no penalties for using pets or summons. It only counts if you are hidden at the time when the points are awarded, which is at the time of the creature's death.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no penalties for using pets or summons. It only counts if you are hidden at the time when the points are awarded, which is at the time of the creature's death.
Thank you, thank you, thank you... So being hidden at the time of kill (just like Luck) is what matters... Thank you very much for clarifying this, Kyronix... Did I mention, you're my fav dev... Although Bleak's pretty kewl... At least both of you are here talking to us...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Numbers like 44 or 22 or 1 say nothing without knowledge how they used.

The lower the value, the better your odds at a drop - this part I understand.
the lower your creature points - this one is cryptic.
Let's say for example you kill 1 vampire bat which gives you say, 70 creature points. When you kill the next mob, you will roll for a chance at a minor artifact. In this scenario your odds are based on having 70 creature points, which is very low. As a result you maybe have something like a 1 in 150,000 chance without any luck. Fast forward to having killed multiple creatures and now you have say, 100,000 creature points. At this point the next creature you kill may roll with odds of something like 1 in 3. Frequency comes into play in saying that you are getting better odds at getting a drop per kill when having lower creature points.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's say for example you kill 1 vampire bat which gives you say, 70 creature points. When you kill the next mob, you will roll for a chance at a minor artifact. In this scenario your odds are based on having 70 creature points, which is very low. As a result you maybe have something like a 1 in 150,000 chance without any luck. Fast forward to having killed multiple creatures and now you have say, 100,000 creature points. At this point the next creature you kill may roll with odds of something like 1 in 3. Frequency comes into play in saying that you are getting better odds at getting a drop per kill when having lower creature points.
Now I can't understand why lower value gives better odds at a drop. :confused2:
And where 44/22/1 numbers are used.

What are odds at a drop on killing 100th vampire bat using ToT values compared to killing 100th vampire bat using new doom values? Is it 44 times better?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the calculation to get that dreaded 1fc mempo :)

Rolo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Kryonix, I haven't heard of anyone getting the FC1 mempo from trade orders. I know this this doesnt mean people haven't gotten one but could you give some insight into the drop rate for one, or if theres a minimum number or orders needed to be turned in to qualify etc. Seems like an awfully low chance to get one considering time put into doing them.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I can't understand why lower value gives better odds at a drop. :confused2:
And where 44/22/1 numbers are used.

What are odds at a drop on killing 100th vampire bat using ToT values compared to killing 100th vampire bat using new doom values? Is it 44 times better?
I don't know specifics off hand, but it's a lot better. Only made better by luck.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PS thanks for the calculation method on drops for us analytical folks. Is there a true formula you could share that shows the effect of luck and hidden?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
luck as always sucked

juwt tell us once and for all if luck atually makes any diff... if it does and its real the folks will actually try add luck into there suits.. as it it now they dont bother one ioata

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like im doing the trade quests in tram now... and doing 10 runs with a 2900 luck gets me noooo better drops with a 0 luck suit that as more awesome resists and stats... so which am i going to pick for dooom... no luck...better suit

seriously make higher luck work proper or just drop it out the game

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
like im doing the trade quests in tram now... and doing 10 runs with a 2900 luck gets me noooo better drops with a 0 luck suit that as more awesome resists and stats... so which am i going to pick for dooom... no luck...better suit

seriously make higher luck work proper or just drop it out the game
luck has nothing to do with the drops from the merchant quests.
luck does effect stuff you kill.
so for Doom you need luck to increase your 'frequency'

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the devs say a few years ago that luck has nothing to do with the frequency of drops, only the power of the drops once they appear? So it might take you a month to find a great ring, but once you find it it'll be the best ring ever, type of thing.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's say for example you kill 1 vampire bat which gives you say, 70 creature points...
Is there a way to track how many "creature points" you have? Or how many each mob has?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the devs say a few years ago that luck has nothing to do with the frequency of drops, only the power of the drops once they appear? So it might take you a month to find a great ring, but once you find it it'll be the best ring ever, type of thing.
Yes, that was a few years ago. Luck would change the intensity of the items that dropped - not the frequency.

But - game changes...now, we have to choose luck or high end suit...

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't tested the treasures of doom content yet, but 5 weeks doesn't seem long enough especially during the holiday season. Feb 1 would be better. May even persuade some rtb'ers to opt for the six month sub....

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reards int gonna stay, - allthrough - its not many of them worth keepint.

On other hand we are getting 8-23 dropps per hr on orign...so just hit hard and fast...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
8-23 per hour?
im assuming thats a party of 20 people?

the best drop rate ive seen so far with luck over 2k has been 3 per hour PER MEMBER of the party.
so 3 guys pulling 9 per hour, 5 guys pulling 15 per hour.
cause if your pulling 23 per hour on one guy i am doing something seriously wrong!

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8-23 per hour?
im assuming thats a party of 20 people?

the best drop rate ive seen so far with luck over 2k has been 3 per hour PER MEMBER of the party.
so 3 guys pulling 9 per hour, 5 guys pulling 15 per hour.
cause if your pulling 23 per hour on one guy i am doing something seriously wrong!
that was a singleluck throver,,,

with my tamer i had 3 in 20 min...22o luck

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got lucky and noone was in the gibberling spot, got 2 in the first 15 minutes then nothing for the next hour.

Also I logged off my mage/tamer and logged on my crafter to do some Trick or Treating and have gotten NO rare drops at all..nothing but candy for the last 2 hours....

Something is wonky :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got lucky and noone was in the gibberling spot, got 2 in the first 15 minutes then nothing for the next hour.

Also I logged off my mage/tamer and logged on my crafter to do some Trick or Treating and have gotten NO rare drops at all..nothing but candy for the last 2 hours....

Something is wonky :/

Something is wonky because my friend was getting the rare skulls like mad on TC.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah all my trick or treating on Origin and I have gotten 3 webs, 3 heads on pikes and only the jade skull and I got all of those yesterday..nothing today.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah all my trick or treating on Origin and I have gotten 3 webs, 3 heads on pikes and only the jade skull and I got all of those yesterday..nothing today.
As I recall from previous years it's always been streaky like that... RNG never did work right. I thought at one time one of the DEV's ages ago before he got canned was going to put in a newer much better RNG... but that never happened. Sorry to say.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So u are either'' in luck'' or u are ''out of luck''....real time......adding luck wont make much difference it wont make u luckier...la

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Could you post a picture of that jade skull, please... :smile2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So u are either'' in luck'' or u are ''out of luck''....real time......adding luck wont make much difference it wont make u luckier...la
I've always been of the opinion that when you account is "created".... you are given a "luck" number or bonus to the RNG. For some it's a + number.... for others like myself it's a - number. Has to be... Everyone who plays knows this guy or girl who ALWAYS seems to get all the drops... they seem so "lucky" that it's downright disgusting... and then there are some of us like myself who couldn't get "lucky" at a drop with 50k in luck on... because quite frankly the game puts us at -100k luck to begin with... making a drop chance something like that ever elusive Moonstone stuff. Which I will probably never see in my lifetime if I played uo 20 hours a day 365 days a week solid.

I don't know how long I played going to Doom 100's of times without EVER getting a drop.. no matter how much damage I was doing.. even if I NEVER died.. and never quit attacking I never got a drop... Doom had been around for YEARS before I finally got my first drop... and what do I get? Freaking Dragon Lance.... I was like you can't be serious..... I get a drop and it's almost the biggest steaming pile of **** in Doom... Meanwhile one of our guildies goes down there and the Dark Fathers are up and we kill the first one..... he gets a freaking orny.... we pull the next one..... and the MF gets yep.... another dang orny. Explain that. There is ZERO explanation for that sort of "luck" besides what I said.... when each account is created it's given a "bonus" hidden... either you are a + or you are a - and maybe there are some neutrals... but I for one am for sure a - .... Only thing I was ever good at getting was EM drops until they of course put in that stupid top damager BS..... then once again my luck factored in at a massive negative and I never saw another drop .... now it's a rare day in hades if I get anything. I'm sure if my guildie was still playing... he'd have every dang drop there was. *rolls eyes*....
He'd have that elusive mempo and 4 or 5 pieces of moonstone jewels too.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I totally agree Piotr, they do look better in my opinion, still could be cleaned up a bit I think.

I did manage to get an obsidian skull right before I went to bed so here they both are.

http://i60.***********/1zco3t0.png

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree Piotr, they do look better in my opinion, still could be cleaned up a bit I think.

I did manage to get an obsidian skull right before I went to bed so here they both are.

http://i60.***********/1zco3t0.png
I just got a crystal one. Looks like it did in the EC sans some of the black boarder artifacts.

Sad thing is I could clean this thing up in photoshop in like 10 or less minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.