• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 103 TC Release 1 & Ultima Swag Store

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> Well where the heck did you think little elves came from?!?!

Oddly, there are no human or elf children in Ultima Online.
In the stand-alone Ultima games, there were children in dungeon cells, and when you opened the cells, the children would attack you. Your response would be to then kill them all. It's enough to make you wonder how Garriott managed to have children.
He didn't, Starr Long did it for him.....just like everything else. :lol:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Slayvite oh that was harsh!! :eek:
I'm not sure where people get this 'instant' suit changing from, it was never instant for me, in fact I was pretty much frozen for several seconds anyway, was it faster in the basic EC without Pinco's? I'm guessing a lot of people who complained about it being 'instant' had never actually used it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Slayvite oh that was harsh!! :eek:
I'm not sure where people get this 'instant' suit changing from, it was never instant for me, in fact I was pretty much frozen for several seconds anyway, was it faster in the basic EC without Pinco's? I'm guessing a lot of people who complained about it being 'instant' had never actually used it.
Of course they did not. Everytime you press one of the vocal PvPers about how this was an issue they admit they are talking about jewels only or weapons. Every person who used that feature to switch full suits knows about the drawbacks and how impractical it would be mid-comabt.

That of course didn't hold the developers from listening to them anyway :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
...That of course didn't hold the developers from listening to them anyway [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:([/bcolor]
I'm finding it harder and harder to comprehend why our Dev team are constantly catering to the smallest groups/play-styles in game, I just don't see how this change can be seen as an improvement, I'm perplexed. Most people were just changing to a crappy luck suit before the end of the fight on the Roof, it takes so long to change and then most of us have poor resists and no LRC so we can't even defend ourselves, why was that a threat to anyone else? Other games keep PvP and PvM changes separate, our Dev team should consider how many people in PvM are getting more and more frustrated by changes made to appease the small population of Fel only players.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm finding it harder and harder to comprehend why our Dev team are constantly catering to the smallest groups/play-styles in game, I just don't see how this change can be seen as an improvement, I'm perplexed. Most people were just changing to a crappy luck suit before the end of the fight on the Roof, it takes so long to change and then most of us have poor resists and no LRC so we can't even defend ourselves, why was that a threat to anyone else? Other games keep PvP and PvM changes separate, our Dev team should consider how many people in PvM are getting more and more frustrated by changes made to appease the small population of Fel only players.
I think the PvP crowd is just more persistent ;) Personally I rather go play something else than arguing 10 page long threads on the official forums. But those threads get them where they want to be.

It's sad to see for a game I still honor so much. But I'm not the one short of alternatives. Hope they equally not short of customers ;)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the changes that I read you still can. The longer delay of 1 second per item wouldn't occur until you switched back from the luck to the regular suit. So wear one suit and switch to luck just like normal. Then luck back to regular has the longer delay. Now how long you have to wait for there to be no delay I'm not sure.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let me get this straight, you havnt tested the new change but come on here and just instantly complain. And you guys wonder the pvp crowd doesn't like the trammy crowd? Personally I think the suit swap thing shouldn't exist period! My characters I run the roof with have max luck suits that are usable and I never have to change anything. try putting some effort into your gameplay and youll find you get rewarded better!! And for those that don't understand this change, yes you can still instant swap the first time, its when you switch back the second time its delayed. In other words everything you already did is the same, and you wouldn't switch back til after the encounter so stop whining.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So let me get this straight, you havnt tested the new change but come on here and just instantly complain. And you guys wonder the pvp crowd doesn't like the trammy crowd? Personally I think the suit swap thing shouldn't exist period! My characters I run the roof with have max luck suits that are usable and I never have to change anything. try putting some effort into your gameplay and youll find you get rewarded better!! And for those that don't understand this change, yes you can still instant swap the first time, its when you switch back the second time its delayed. In other words everything you already did is the same, and you wouldn't switch back til after the encounter so stop whining.
Well don't act surprised why that feeling is mutual... I fail to see why they allow 10 to 20 people to pretty much kill the fun in the game for the rest of the players...

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we have information gap somewhere.(ie. First swap and Repeated swap)

Currently on TC Releas-1: After the FIRST swap, you still get multiple seconds of action delay. THIS IS BAD.

As for repeated swap with longer delays, I guess I dont mind a 5-sec delay but not longer than that. I dont see people taking advantage of this in battles. But for crafters sometimes trying to build/compare suits, this can become unnecessary annoyance.

Therefore the DEVs need to be more specific with the rule set:
- Action delay after the First swap (should be 1 sec as normally on production)
- Action delay after Repeated swap (currently 1 sec per item), or just replace it with a 3-sec cooldown time until you can swap again. DONE

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I would have preferred to have suit switching removed completely
Should I request the suit I want to wear from you? And wait for approval? Or are you just jealous?

Didn't you just ask for more than 4 weapon changes yesterday?

Very hypocrital to just want to be able to switch the things you want but then want to control what others do.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think what really irritates the most and brings the argument ( and yes, i went ahead and read the discussion about swap on official forums) is the fact that this change was not called for. With all the bugs, improvements to make and new content, this seems like a waste of developers resources to please a few. I dont switch suits myself and i play EC, and no, I didnot try TC1 , its just like i said in my original post here - what does this change bring to the game? there are other more things to fix and improve, and based on usual response from developers during meet&greet "we will add it to our long list of things to do", why of the sudden now? how exactly does it improve the game? i still fail to see it

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i dont see how it was imbalanced in the first place, since all the PvP ppl are on CC and they are the ones always complaining. Is it those scripts maybe they use that keep them using the CC? If so, implementing dress macro, is it going to encourage them to stop using scripts? i dont think so

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps we have information gap somewhere.(ie. First swap and Repeated swap)

Currently on TC Releas-1: After the FIRST swap, you still get multiple seconds of action delay. THIS IS BAD.

As for repeated swap with longer delays, I guess I dont mind a 5-sec delay but not longer than that. I dont see people taking advantage of this in battles. But for crafters sometimes trying to build/compare suits, this can become unnecessary annoyance.

Therefore the DEVs need to be more specific with the rule set:
- Action delay after the First swap (should be 1 sec as normally on production)
- Action delay after Repeated swap (currently 1 sec per item), or just replace it with a 3-sec cooldown time until you can swap again. DONE
Ya... wasn't happy about this since I die a LOT. The first death after this patch I found out it's not just a delay before you can swap an entire new suit, you can't change a single weapon, move a bag, drop your death robe, or mount an ethy for, yes I timed it, 20 seconds. This is in the EC which was working just fine before this patch.

I'm all for making the CC have the same capabilities at EC, who flipping cares, but this is soooo aggravating. From reading the notes and discussions about this I thought that the plan was you couldn't hit another dress macro for 20 seconds. That I could live with as I've never swapped an entire suit in my life. I didn't realize instead, they were basically locking your pack for 20 seconds if you hit your EC dress macro after you die and get a res!

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i dont see how it was imbalanced in the first place, since all the PvP ppl are on CC and they are the ones always complaining. Is it those scripts maybe they use that keep them using the CC? If so, implementing dress macro, is it going to encourage them to stop using scripts? i dont think so
Not all pvp ppl are on CC. Some use EC since it provides unfair advantages

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what does it improve?

It makes the game more fair and balanced, which is an integral part of all games
The game has always been fair and balanced in that regard.... Just because some of you won't use the EC doesn't mean we should dumb down the gamplay for everyone else who's willing to come to the 21st century of gaming...

Seriously if people want what the EC has then they should play it... if they don't want to make that change then STFU and learn to deal... put on your big boy/girl panties and suck it up... YOU CHOSE to stay in the client that is leagues behind don't punish everyone else for your inability to move on.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously if people want what the EC has then they should play it... if they don't want to make that change then STFU and learn to deal... put on your big boy/girl panties and suck it up... YOU CHOSE to stay in the client that is leagues behind don't punish everyone else for your inability to move on.
Not leagues behind after this update. :D