• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 103 TC Release 1 & Ultima Swag Store

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/30/2018 Greetings, We are pleased to announce that Publish 103 TC Release 1 will be available for testing on Test Center as of 10/31/2018. This is the first TC1 release of Publish 103 that brings the new Krampus Encounter, new weapons & clothes, new Ultima Store items, PvP Combat changes, Classic Client macro updates & more! Head on over to the Publish 103 wiki page to check out the notes! We will be hosting a public testing event all day so stop on TC1 and say hello! In addition to the Publish 103 content being released to TC 1, the […]

Continue reading...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy hell, didnt 102 just come out like last week?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PvP.
Splintering Weapon: Add Dismount & Riding swipe to specials that do not trigger Splintering Weapon.

Discord should have no effect on pvp, unless it's against a players pet. (currently live)

Parry still going to be OP for a bare minimum of ~3 more months... like wtf.

Krampus rewards:

Whips: Make the whips drop as recipes please. failure rate with reforging is too high for the items to drop with low frequency you always end up with so many properties you don't want.
Also It's about time Macing & Fencing get a one-handed whirlwind weapon like swords has had since ML...

Everything else look pretty good though. :)

Last edited:

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad I just spent 200 mill on a splintering/hit spell/mage weapon/dagger. So no nerf to the BOK mages??? GREAT PATCH!!!!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No High Seas update, but hey at least there's Krampus.....sigh

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love the CC changes/additions:

Classic Client
  • Added options for block war on pets, party, and friendly targets.
  • Improved Hostile target list to include all valid targets.
  • Added option to block dismount on war.
  • Added option to auto open new corpses while in combat.
  • Six sound filters have been added to the client.
    • The bard filter disables all sounds of instruments.
    • The crafting filter disables all sounds of crafting. (such as anvil, smelting, imbuing, pouring)
    • Disable all Spirit Speak sounds.
    • Disable all backpack sounds.
    • The Various Animals filter disables only some animals: bear, bull, cat, chicken, cow, deer, dog, horse, pig, rat, sheep, walrus, grizzly, wolf, crane, and gaman.
    • The Various Monsters filter disables sounds from a variety of monsters.
  • Added new macro options:
    • The Record Dress macro saves all items the player has currently equipped except items in the left and right hand. Players can save as many as four different suits of equipment.
    • The Undress macro removes all items currently equipped and places those items within the players backpack.
    • The Dress macro equips all items stored within the corresponding Record Dress macro. For example, Dress -> Dress1 equips items saved in Record Dress -> Record Dress1. Item slots which are already occupied will be ignored.
    • The Record Arm macro saves items currently equipped in the left and right hands. Players can save as many as four different sets.
    • The Disarm macro removes items in the left and right hand and places them within the players backpack.
    • The Arm macro equips all items stored within the corresponding Record Arm macro. For example, Arm -> Arm1 equips items saved in Record Arm -> Record Arm1. Item slots which are already occupied will have their gear replaced.
    • The Use Object macro allows players easy access to fourteen various consumables and objects. All the option that are available are objects that players normally use by double clicking on them. When players select an option such as “cure potion” the Use Object macro will prioritize the strongest potion within the players main backpack. Objects not found within the main backpack will not be used. Additional object options will be added in future along with the option to target specific objects for generic use.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
  • Mystical Polymorph Totem – this totem can be combined with a single standard Halloween costume to change the user’s appearance without using an equipment slot.

Hope this is reusable..like you can combine it with one costume and then take it off and use another costume...*crosses fingers*

• Bulk Order Deed Books can bow be used while locked down.
Regardless of the spelling error YAY! This is a very welcome change.

Looks like I'll be on TC for awhile tomorrow :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Mystical Polymorph Totem – this totem can be combined with a single standard Halloween costume to change the user’s appearance without using an equipment slot.
Hope this is reusable..like you can combine it with one costume and then take it off and use another costume...*crosses fingers*
Last I heard it was 1 per costume, thus making it an item worthy of multiple purchases.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Last I heard it was 1 per costume, thus making it an item worthy of multiple purchases.
I hope it's not too expensive....46 costumes? :/ Could get a little pricey! lol

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Whip – new weapon available across the following weapon skills with the associated special moves.
  • Bladed Whip
    • Swordsmanship
    • Bleed & Whirlwind
  • Spiked Whip
    • Fencing
    • Armor Pierce & Whirlwind
  • Barbed Whip
    • Mace Fighting
    • Concussion & Whirlwind
"
About time they added 1H WW weps to Fencing and Macing. Swords already has Radiant Scimitar for it. I had been proposing a 1H Flail wep with WW for Macing for quite awhile.

"Added option to auto open new corpses while in combat."
Wow, is that gonna be nice for us CC users when farming.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • Resolved an issue with the Classic Client’s bandage macros not working with the first aid belt.

Well that's BS because it doesn't work with the EC half the time either... If I die or something I'm always having to stop open the belt double click the bandages again before it'll start working again... VERY annoying so you can fix it for the CC but not the EC???

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
... wow suit switching, bod switching while locked down, new weapons, and the polymorph totem. Sounds great!!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I led the sheltered life...

Can't believe I lived this long and never heard of a Krampus till now

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so we can Disco people, but it only lasts 4-6 seconds and it only takes off skill bonus's that that player may have, IF they have any.

so it does not lower their skills and does not lower their stats.

so in essence we can Disco people but its not really Disco, its a skill buff remover that only works for 4 seconds????

basically we can kill Twink Tamers, thats what im hearing?

how is this going to be useful in any way shape or form?

so if the Red that is attacking you is a pure template running 120 real skill your discordance will hit him for 4 seconds and do..... nothing since he is real skill?
well, other that make him giggle as he slaughters you.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weapon hit property splintering no longer triggers on Disarm, Infectious Strike, or Injected Strike.
    • On a successful hit, the player victim will now have immunity to the splintering bleed effect for 16 seconds. Any additional hits will still slow the victim.

??? What does that mean actually? If I have a splinter warfork and I do a successfull "disarm" special move, splintering can't be triggered afterwards for 16 secs? If I have a splinter kryss and do a successfull "infectious strike" it's the same? And vice versa - if the splinter-effect is active, I can't disarm any more or poison the opponent? So basically all main pvp weaps with splintering on it (e.g. warfork, kryss, butchers knife etc.) are useless now?

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sounds more like once the bleed from splintering is active, you can't re-apply it for the 16 seconds, but other speacials will work.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Dress Macro Update

The action timer after the use of the Dress macro has been increase from 1 second to 1 second per item equipped."

Do I read this correctly? No more swapping suits on the fly? going to take several seconds now instead of instant swap?

Why do I get a feeling after reading forums pretty much everyday that there is a gap in communication between the players and developers? Seems like there are things on each publish that are fixed or implemented that no one ever talked or concerned about and then the questions/issues that players are raising never get answered or looked at. Just my 2 cents, I am not complaining, just an observation.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Dress Macro Update

The action timer after the use of the Dress macro has been increase from 1 second to 1 second per item equipped."

Do I read this correctly? No more swapping suits on the fly? going to take several seconds now instead of instant swap?

Why do I get a feeling after reading forums pretty much everyday that there is a gap in communication between the players and developers? Seems like there are things on each publish that are fixed or implemented that no one ever talked or concerned about and then the questions/issues that players are raising never get answered or looked at. Just my 2 cents, I am not complaining, just an observation.
Yeah you can thank the pvpers for that one. Now it will take 20 seconds total to dress undress into luck suits. Of course there is the illegal third party program that does it instantly so cheaters wont be effected by this change.

***Per Larisas' post the updated post is not clear. It is still nearly instant so yay!!

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah you can thank the pvpers for that one. Now it will take 20 seconds total to dress undress into luck suits. Of course there is the illegal third party program that does it instantly so cheaters wont be effected by this change.
There was a large discussion on the official forums about this where @Bleak asked for input. If you don't view the official forums I would suggest you start doing so, as they have started asking for more direct input on changes.

The way the dress macro change is supposed to work (haven't been able to verify yet) is the timer per item occurs AFTER you swap suits. The initial swap is still instant (and added to CC), but now you will need to wait n seconds to swap again, where n is the number of items you swapped.

Basically it is to prevent players from spam swapping suits every other second. 3rd party programs will not get around this new timer as the delay is baked into the client, not the macro.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's not 20 seconds...as of right now on TC....it's more like...well I undress and dress in like..half a second....to undress and re-dress again takes about...5 seconds....it's not that bad.

Still haven't swapped to another suit but I would think it would be the same..undress, dress = instant...undress again = 4-5 seconds, re-dress instant

I also made myself fabulous! ;)
Fabulous.jpg

LOL the pigtails are kinda cute! :)

Oh..and I wanna be superman too!! :(

SuperKyronix.jpg

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not 20 seconds...as of right now on TC....it's more like...well I undress and dress in like..half a second....to undress and re-dress again takes about...5 seconds....it's not that bad.

Still haven't swapped to another suit but I would think it would be the same..undress, dress = instant...undress again = 4-5 seconds, re-dress instant

I also made myself fabulous! ;)
View attachment 88894

LOL the pigtails are kinda cute! :)

Oh..and I wanna be superman too!! :(

View attachment 88895
I was going by the updated post that stated that had been changed to 1 second per piece.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was going by the updated post that stated that had been changed to 1 second per piece.
That is actually correct...I am wearing 12 things and it took 12 seconds between undressing, redressing, undressing and redressing again....

That is very confusing lol

So I undressed and redressed instantly....then I undressed again and it took 12 seconds to redress the second time...so yes 1 second per piece

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone fight Krampus on TC yet? Does he have a cookie slayer? LOL

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

***Per Larisas' post the updated post is not clear. It is still nearly instant so yay!!

You can indeed thank the PvPers, some of us have campaigned quite tirelessly for real improvements to this game.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is actually correct...I am wearing 12 things and it took 12 seconds between undressing, redressing, undressing and redressing again....

That is very confusing lol

So I undressed and redressed instantly....then I undressed again and it took 12 seconds to redress the second time...so yes 1 second per piece
But on only the second swap?

So if someone wanted to swap into a luck suit at the end of a fight that would be instant? (Sorry at work so can't test for myself)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But on only the second swap?

So if someone wanted to swap into a luck suit at the end of a fight that would be instant? (Sorry at work so can't test for myself)
I am not sure the suit swapping can be done...Kyronix is on TC but might be afk?

The new options are:

Record Dress - This will just save what you are currently wearing
Undress - Obvious it will remove everything you're wearing except what's in your hands (Books, sheilds, weapons)
Dress - This will dress you with whatever you record with the Record Dress Macro

So, say I am wearing my normal suit, I hit the record dress macro and it saves.

I undress, hit the dress macro and it will put that suit back on....but if I put a luck suit on and hit the record dress macro it will record the luck suit and not the normal suit...so it looks like you can only have one suit set to the macro

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You have 4 suites to record and to dress, to the right you change 1-4.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I din't know there were any elf males. I thought everyone was an elf female for the widest range of armor.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You have 4 suites to record and to dress, to the right you change 1-4.
Yeah mine didn't do that...I clicked on the bar and nothing happened....tried logging in and out and once I do that the macro's don't work at all and I have to delete them and re-do them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can indeed thank the PvPers, some of us have campaigned quite tirelessly for real improvements to this game.
If you are so proud then keep your "Improvements" in Fel. Not that proud huh...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Well where the heck did you think little elves came from?!?!

Oddly, there are no human or elf children in Ultima Online.
In the stand-alone Ultima games, there were children in dungeon cells, and when you opened the cells, the children would attack you. Your response would be to then kill them all. It's enough to make you wonder how Garriott managed to have children.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ran several trade quests on TC across huge runs between yew and Britain and trinsic to yew and I havnt seen a single ambusher yet. LOL Top notch stuff

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does it work? Is it something in your pack you click on to poly? Does it need to stay in your pack? Very interested.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does it work? Is it something in your pack you click on to poly? Does it need to stay in your pack? Very interested.
It's like the goblin morphers, you just get to choose what it turns you into by giving it a costume.

Turn it on in your pack and you will look like the costume mob.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's like the goblin morphers, you just get to choose what it turns you into by giving it a costume.

Turn it on in your pack and you will look like the costume mob.
Dang. Wishing it was something blessable on siege without using personal bless.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Whip – new weapon available across the following weapon skills with the associated special moves.
  • Bladed Whip
    • Swordsmanship
    • Bleed & Whirlwind
  • Spiked Whip
    • Fencing
    • Armor Pierce & Whirlwind
  • Barbed Whip
    • Mace Fighting
    • Concussion & Whirlwind
"
About time they added 1H WW weps to Fencing and Macing. Swords already has Radiant Scimitar for it. I had been proposing a 1H Flail wep with WW for Macing for quite awhile.

"Added option to auto open new corpses while in combat."
Wow, is that gonna be nice for us CC users when farming.
Love it. Mesanna must have pushed this one, huh? :p

No comments on UOSwag store, yet? I love how the post tells you to find the store at UO.com. Why not add the swag link? Haha.

I wonder if those mugs are dishwasher safe. If devs still check these boards, let me know :X.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Why does some Female Elven hair still look like spaghetti in the CC? This is one of the reasons I prefer the EC, Elves should have nice hair not something made of pasta or play-doh! The nicest one is that long plait down one shoulder, why can't we all have that? :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why does some Female Elven hair still look like spaghetti in the CC? This is one of the reasons I prefer the EC, Elves should have nice hair not something made of pasta or play-doh! The nicest one is that long plait down one shoulder, why can't we all have that? :(
And I was really wanting that lovely long braid but it's for humans... one of those elven styles reminds me of an old powder Judge wig... Hideous...

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did this dressing update hit production shards already by chance? went to hunt tonight and guess what - when die and rez , hit dress macro, everything is fine, then CANNOT do anything for several secs after that. Cant even drop death robe from the pack or mount ethy. Next, go loot corpse and guess what - trap box is greyed out when something paralyzed you. Not sure what the issue is but did not have this problem yesterday, only today after patch

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
did this dressing update hit production shards already by chance? went to hunt tonight and guess what - when die and rez , hit dress macro, everything is fine, then CANNOT do anything for several secs after that. Cant even drop death robe from the pack or mount ethy. Next, go loot corpse and guess what - trap box is greyed out when something paralyzed you. Not sure what the issue is but did not have this problem yesterday, only today after patch
Sounds like post patch bugs..